PDA

View Full Version : Pins and Pigskin Bowling with Texans

Dr2bKay
03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I messed around and didn't go last year...I am totally going this year even all by myself!!

http://assets.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/Image/Community_relations/PPWebpage.JPG

Joe Texan
03-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I want to go but I need the god of money to rain down on me

Drew_Smoke
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I didn't go last year either. I saw some pics and it looked like fun.

Joe Texan
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Since they said Ultimate Fan Sponsor I feel obligated

Yankee_In_TX
03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Maybe, also need the money Gods to rain down. It was a BLAST last year.

SheTexan
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I want to go but I need the god of money to rain down on me

Same here! Season tickets kicked my butt this year!! Can you just go to watch??

NitroGSXR
04-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Maybe, also need the money Gods to rain down. It was a BLAST last year.

Can you tell me why it was a blast? what was so special about it? I'm thinking about giving 'em a call to see if they have space.

Yankee_In_TX
04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Can you tell me why it was a blast? what was so special about it? I'm thinking about giving 'em a call to see if they have space.

At least ;ast year, there was a player on every lane (the 'good' players were in a VIP area). I walked lane to lane and got my shirt signed by like 20 players.

We bowled with Alex Brink and Rashaad Butler - both were really nice. Tim Bulman hung out in our lane for a while. He has a wicked fingerless toss.

Drew_Smoke
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone buying a lane and need more bodies?

Dr2bKay
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone buying a lane and need more bodies?

I am in the same boat. I would love to join kinda friends. If not I will do the solo thing for 175.

Drew_Smoke
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Sounds like you and I are halfway to our own lane...

Andrew6
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
i might be down for 2 spots

Yankee_In_TX
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
The silent auction went for $850something.

Drew_Smoke
04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
The silent auction went for $850something.

Silent Auction?

Dr2bKay
06-06-2010, 06:17 PM
This event is coming up on this Wednesday. I will be in attendance and I am excited. For those that went last year what all is included in the fee. Do we at least get food?? lol.

Element1337
06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Does anyone remember if AJ, Schaub, Cush, Slaton, Meco, Mario, etc were in attendance?

Yankee_In_TX
06-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I am sad to report we 100% will not be attending tonight due to budgetary reasons.

I have a kicka$$ shirt from last year with about 15 autographs and pictures with TONS of players.

To the guy who asked, the super stars are in the 'vip' area (last year Schaub, Cushing, AJ, A Davis and a few others).

That being said, every lane had a player.

Element1337
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I am sad to report we 100% will not be attending tonight due to budgetary reasons.

I have a kicka$$ shirt from last year with about 15 autographs and pictures with TONS of players.

To the guy who asked, the super stars are in the 'vip' area (last year Schaub, Cushing, AJ, A Davis and a few others).

That being said, every lane had a player.

Did they sign for people outside the VIP?

Yankee_In_TX
06-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Did they sign for people outside the VIP?

Yes, which then lead to chaos and quickly ended.

If you would only attend the event hoping for Schaub, or AJ, or Cush, etc., I would spend my money else where :)

But bowling with Texans players is a LOT of fun.

Dr2bKay
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Would it be in bad fan taste to bring a football to be signed??

Element1337
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Would it be in bad fan taste to bring a football to be signed??

Nope, just go lane to lane and ask and try for the madhouse when the VIP opens up lol. I'm sure there will be plenty of autographs to be had.

Andrew6
06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
How was it, I am at work :(

Yankee_In_TX
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
How was it?

Dr2bKay
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I had sooooo much fun. Most important there was food :-) but the drinks were not free but I still had fun. The bartender was very attentive and certain friends bought drinks. :kitten:

I am lucky enough to bowl on the lane next to Harvey, so I had an Ultimate fan that I knew to chat with while bowling. My lane had Aaron Webster...WHO??? lol But he was cool and he picked up the girl at our lane. So, he had fun, lol. The lane next to me had Danny Clark which was _____. :kitten: Harvey's lane had Nick Polk?? I think that is his name. He is a new safety. He is very attractive. I told him that he should learn a lot from Bernard.

I did bring items to be signed. I brought the football that I got at one of the away games. The only big name that I wanted to sign it was JJ. I brought the fan gameday program that I was on. I have so many copies that I decided to start getting the extras signed by the players that I respected. I got Antonio Smith, Vonta, and Kareem Jackson to sign my program. Kareem Jackson is very short and I only recognized him by his lips...:kitten: I let all the other players sign my t-shirt. I got about 20 ish autographs on the t-shirt. It was hard moving around to player to player because I am very talkative. I had some very funny conversations with some of the players. Other notable sigs were Ben Tate, DA, Dom Barber, Okam, and Turk. The only autograph that I truly wanted but didn't get was Bernard Pollard, but I already have his on my football so it was ok.

All in all, I had a ball and would do it again in a heart beat. Bowling (even though I suck at it) is much more fun and relaxing than those stuffy luncheons.

Yankee_In_TX
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm glad that was your experience - that was my experience last year.

Congrats on Jackson - he's the only player currently on my 'want' list, he eluded me at all access :)