PDA

View Full Version : [CHRONIC] Texans to play Jets on Thanksgiving night?

Texans34Life
03-23-2010, 02:43 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6925701.html

Going Hollywood?

Today, the Texans will find out if they’re going to play in a nationally televised prime-time game against the Jets on Thanksgiving night, as has been rumored. The NFL will announce some important nationally televised games, including opening weekend and the three on Thanksgiving — the last a night game on the NFL Network.

ATXtexanfan
03-23-2010, 05:13 AM
Good thing I switched to direct tv. This wouldn't be a bad thing.

bckey
03-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Tough road game but I'll take it. It would make Thanksgiving extra special this year. I'm tired of seeing Dallas and Detroit every year.

Drew_Smoke
03-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Dallas and Detroit will still be on.

The NFL should build real rivalries. Dallas v Houston should be an annnual Thanksgiving game. They should play here then there and the A&M v UT series should play in the stadium that nots being used that year. Dal v Hou at Dallas and have A&M v UT play at Texans stadium. Then flip it the next year.

Philly v Pit should play annaully. Tampa v Miami, ect.

gtexan02
03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Is anyone else nervous about a nationally televised game against the Jets? They dominated us last year

NitroGSXR
03-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Is anyone else nervous about a nationally televised game against the Jets? They dominated us last year

If we expect to be in the playoffs then we'd best tackle this opportunity and shine. Playoffs are much more nationally televised.

El Tejano
03-23-2010, 08:59 AM

Yes. On a short week too.

dbruder44
03-23-2010, 09:04 AM

The same Jets team that got beat by Buffalo and Miami, hell yeah

come November the Texans are in a groove

rarazz00
03-23-2010, 09:25 AM
maybe we'll have our by week before if it happens:spin:

El Tejano
03-23-2010, 10:32 AM
The same Jets team that got beat by Buffalo and Miami, hell yeah

come November the Texans are in a groove

Two years in a row we've posted a 1-3 record in November which were heavily the reason we finished only 8-8 and 9-7.

Texan_Bill
03-23-2010, 11:12 AM

But Chris Myers is the best C in the AFC South. :hides:

Wolf
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
But Chris Myers is the best C in the AFC South. :hides:

and kris jenkins might be slowed down a bit as the season wears on

BigBull17
03-23-2010, 11:35 AM
and kris jenkins might be slowed down a bit as the season wears on

He will be comming off of a knee injury. Could slow him down a bit.

BIG TORO
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
That would be pretty cool, I just want to make sure Im at a family members house with cable and a big screen!

nero THE zero
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I can sense a rivalry developing between us and the Jets.

We're both young and upcoming teams, they beat us on opening day last season, they barely squeaked passed up into the playoffs last year, and Hard Knocks is between our two teams.

A prime time game would only contribute to this budding rivalry.

HOU-TEX
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
He will be comming off of a knee injury. Could slow him down a bit.

Jenkins could go half speed and still whoop Myers' ass with ease. Heck, the 2 NT rotation of the Phins pushed the Myers sled around the field.

BigBull17
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Jenkins could go half speed and still whoop Myers' ass with ease. Heck, the 2 NT rotation of the Phins pushed the Myers sled around the field.

True. All he needs is arms. He threw him like a rag doll last time. Sickening.

jaayteetx
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM

The NFL should build real rivalries. Dallas v Houston should be an annnual Thanksgiving game. They should play here then there and the A&M v UT series should play in the stadium that nots being used that year. Dal v Hou at Dallas and have A&M v UT play at Texans stadium. Then flip it the next year.

You think the average football fan, outside of the state of Texas, cares about seeing Dallas/Houston EVERY Thanksgiving? Nope, not gonna happen, ever.

WWJD
03-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Jerry would not be willing to give up the home Thanksgiving game.

GP
03-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh this would be delicious.

Buddy Ryan's son against the Houston team that looks for revenge for what happened last season.

Sign me up.

Tailgate
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Brian McCarthy of the NFL told us this morning that the NFL wouldn't be announcing opening weekend games. That means the league also won't announce the three Thanksgiving games. We know Detroit and Dallas will host games on Thanksgiving as they always do. I'm hearing the New York Jets are going to host the Thanksgiving night game played on the NFL Network and that the Texans might be the opponent.

McCarthy said the schedule is still being worked on. Strange. Usually at these meetings we're told who plays whom on opening weekend and Thanksgiving.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/03/kubiak_says_kris_brown_will_ha.html

imatexan
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
You think the average football fan, outside of the state of Texas, cares about seeing Dallas/Houston EVERY Thanksgiving? Nope, not gonna happen, ever.

You really think the average football fan still wants to see Dallas beat up on Detroit every single year!?

No!!!

HOU-TEX
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
You really think the average football fan still wants to see Dallas beat up on Detroit every single year!?

No!!!

They play separate games, not each other

JCTexan
03-23-2010, 04:17 PM

Do you think the average fan wants to watch the Lions, though? Or Dallas against Oakland for that matter? Both of those games were awful last year.

GuerillaBlack
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd take a MNF opening game at the Jets too. Ruin the opening of their new stadium. ;)

GlassHalfFull
03-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Noooo, we go to the A&M game. That would make me miss one or the other. Booooooooo

imatexan
03-23-2010, 06:06 PM

True, I guess I should say whichever team plays the Lions beat up on them every year.

Yes I know its tradition and blah blah but I think its time for a change.

Norg
03-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Meh im old school i like tradition when it comes to this

Cowboys and Redskins seems right to me

but im glad there throwing texans into the mix other then teh lions

the lions lose there right IMO to play on thanksgiving

DexmanC
03-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Should the NFL place the Texans in so many premium TV time slots, it would
be a huge "SHIT-OR-GET-OFF-THE-POT" from the NFL to the Texans. I don't
fear it. I'd welcome it. This year, should the NFL do it, would be an EXCITING
one for the Texans.

Hopefully, the outcome matches the expectations. If not......

.......back to "same 'ol Texans" status.

Allstar
03-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanksgiving game announcement to come Week 1
By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
March 23, 2010, 9:07PM

ORLANDO, Fla. — Texans owner Bob McNair will have to wait to find out if his request to play the New York Jets on Thanksgiving night is granted.

McNair said Tuesday that he and Jets owner Woody Johnson have asked the league to schedule the Texans at the Jets for the prime-time game on Thanksgiving. The third game of the day is televised by the NFL Network.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Tuesday the league would not have an announcement on the opening weekend and Thanksgiving games.

Usually, the games are announced at the league's spring meetings. McCarthy said the schedule is still being worked on.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6927224.html

ubecool454
03-24-2010, 03:33 AM

Nah, not worried because, they won't have Thomas Jones to kill us. Sanchez will hit the wall.

awtysst
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope its not on the NFL network.

GuerillaBlack
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope its not on the NFL network.

The only channel it can be on. It'll be televised locally. I would prefer an opening MNF game against the Jets though..

Ryan
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
EDIT: I'm dumb.

The Pencil Neck
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM

Damn. I wish I could have seen that post. :)

TexCanada
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
The only channel it can be on. It'll be televised locally. I would prefer an opening MNF game against the Jets though..

I'm hoping for as many prime time games as possible, because not only does it make it more exciting, but then I also get to watch! I rarely get the the non-prime time Texans games on TV up here.

Ryan
03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Damn. I wish I could have seen that post. :)

I thought it said they wouldn't announce the thanksgiving games until opening weekend. lol.

AnthonyE
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought it said they wouldn't announce the thanksgiving games until opening weekend. lol.

HA. That's what I read at first too.

Showtime100
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM

I wonder if you posted what I almost posted last night. :thinking:

GuerillaBlack
03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I still haven't figured it out.

Norg
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
looks like we are playing either the Jags colts or titans wk17 this year o joyyy

Hopefully either us or them will not be playing for anything

Carr Bombed
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
looks like we are playing either the Jags colts or titans wk17 this year o joyyy

Hopefully either us or them will not be playing for anything

Actually I hope the Titans are playing for something just like we were last year....and just like what they did to us, I hope we **** all over their playoff hopes. The only difference is unlike them, hopefully our playoff chances are alive and well.

awtysst
03-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Yeah, my local is not your local though:), so I would be unable to watch the game on my tv. And, if it is thanksgiving, I won't be at a sports bar either. Looks like I am missing this one.

Norg
03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually I hope the Titans are playing for something just like we were last year....and just like what they did to us, I hope we **** all over their playoff hopes. The only difference is unlike them, hopefully our playoff chances are alive and well.

I hope we have the divison locked up and first round bye locked up

and face the colts in a must win WK 17 to get a WC spot but knowing us we will prob lay down for the colts LOL if we have nothing to play for