PDA

View Full Version : Five Key Points The Texans Making The Playoffs

gary
03-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Not in any certain order. 1. An improvment in the running game with blocking, fumbles, a playmaker RB in the draft to share the load ect. 2. Overall team health is key as we all know. 3. Better D line rotation and presure up the middle and stopping the run. 4. Someone is going to have to step up and take Dunte place in the secondary either Reevs, Glover, or rookie fill in. 5. A kicker to presure Brown, Who knows? It may bring out the best in him. If not, the next guy up. I know this is not anything new but the offseason is long and this is what I'd like to see from the Texans in 2010. I hope you like it feel free to add your thoughts in this thread while its just food for thought. GO TEXANS:fans:

JB
03-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Well Gary, I just got through writing a long response to your post. As I was finishing up I did something stupid and got knocked clean off of the site. Dont know what I did because I am on my laptop and my fingers dont quite fit right.

Gorilla fist we used to call it. Anyway, I was agreeing with what you posted and was just expounding a bit when the snafu happened. However I am just a bit too (tipsy, drunk, stoned, *******ed up) tired to try to post it again.

Good post bud and good things are on the horizon.

gary
03-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks, so much JB home to see more comments from you guys.

m5kwatts
03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
I think Rick Dennison is going to be a key to making the playoffs. He's going to come in here and point out the dumb things our coaching staff does and insist on a good running game. Being a former o-line coach and the fact that he's calling the plays, I'd think he's spending all offseason working on this. I know a little bit about him from Denver and he's a no BS guy.

beerlover
03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
better execution & game planning would help. players & coaches have to step up & quit turning over games they should win :wild:

JB
03-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I think Rick Dennison is going to be a key to making the playoffs. He's going to come in here and point out the dumb things our coaching staff does and insist on a good running game. Being a former o-line coach and the fact that he's calling the plays, I'd think he's spending all offseason working on this. I know a little bit about him from Denver and he's a no BS guy.

Rep to you. That is one of the things I discussed in my long post that got fubar'd.

DocBar
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
I think we're going to be OK on offense. The running game is important, but it's not an end all be all situation. The D is what has me scratching my head. Which came first, the pass rush or the shut down corner? Damned if I know, but I suspect the pass rush. DL(AGAIN) and DB should be our priorities going into the draft and it looks very promising. There are some studs on D this year.

I want our running game to succeed as much as anyone, but we really only need to run well enough to keep defenses honest. If they know we might run on just about any down and distance ( within reason, of course), they can't pin their ears back and rush the passer. That's how I see it, anyway.

gary
03-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Who thinks the O iis going to change with the new OC?

kiwitexansfan
03-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Who thinks the O iis going to change with the new OC?

Shouldn't change much at all, Kubiak is an offense based head coach and he'll keep his finger on the pulse. There might be some small changes but it will still essentially be Kubiak's baby

gary
03-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Shouldn't change much at all, Kubiak is an offense based head coach and he'll keep his finger on the pulse. There might be some small changes but it will still essentially be Kubiak's babyThat is what I'm thinking and also thinking Spiller in the draft if he's still there.

Texan_Bill
03-20-2010, 08:19 PM
SuperGary, you forgot #6.... Fans showing up early and being loud... Just sayin' ;)

:gamer:

gary
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
SuperGary, you forgot #6.... Fans showing up early and being loud... Just sayin' ;)

:gamer:Oh, and fire Gary as he is the worst HC ever.:spin:

TexCanada
03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Having just a little bit better run game will help us in so many phases. Keeping the ball for a couple of extra minutes each game could be the difference in making playoffs or not.

wagonhed
03-20-2010, 10:59 PM
To be honest, I don't really care if we have a good running game. But if we are going to get 3.3ypc, we should probably run less and pass more. Also, if we are on the goalline, we need to be able to put it in. We don't need a stellar running game to punch it in from 1st and goal on the 1. We just need a powerback that doesn't completely suck.

IDEXAN
03-21-2010, 09:59 AM
(1) Peyton Manning suffering a fatal heart attack sometime between now and the opening of the 2010 NFL regular season.

Section516
03-22-2010, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't say fatal..

But maybe to where he never recovers enough in his arm to ever play more than catch with a kid..

BigBull17
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM

So, we're not going to forget AJ is on the team? Lil Shanny did that way too much.