PDA

View Full Version : Texans (hoping to be featured) on hard knocks/UPDATE/Jets picked

texanskan
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6916120.html

stingray
03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
You should have put a ? at the end.

blitz90
03-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Last year Kubiak was asked about it on 610 and said No he would not be interested in doing something like that. Went on to say something about the 'routine' and privacy being interrupted so i don't expect this to happen.

Thorn
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I have mixed feelings on this. I'd like to see more of the Texans, but I also very much agree with Kubes comments. Besides, isn't that on HBO? I'd have to order HBO from Comcast which would add more cost on an already overpriced package I have from them.

TheRealJoker
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I doubt we'd be picked even if we wanted to be... not enough "talkers" on the team.

There's a big difference when Ochocinco and AJ are in front of a camera off the football field...

WWJD
03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I have mixed feelings on this. I'd like to see more of the Texans, but I also very much agree with Kubes comments. Besides, isn't that on HBO? I'd have to order HBO from Comcast which would add more cost on an already overpriced package I have from them.

Watch the segments on You Tube.

Brisco_County
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not a fan of this for the same reasons Kubiak said.

Cjeremy635
03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Last year Kubiak was asked about it on 610 and said No he would not be interested in doing something like that. Went on to say something about the 'routine' and privacy being interrupted so i don't expect this to happen.

I remember that.

Craig.
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
I'd like to see it. I think HBO does a fantastic job with that show.

Ole Miss Texan
03-16-2010, 09:03 PM
As a fan of the Texans I would love to watch this and "get to know" the players better. I think we'd really see the personal side of players and make us like some them more. If I were a coach, I'd be just like Kubiak and say absolutely not.
Ditto, I don't wanna have to pay any more than I already do. Switched to AT&T U-Verse which is better but still don't want to pay for HBO!
I doubt we'd be picked even if we wanted to be... not enough "talkers" on the team.

There's a big difference when Ochocinco and AJ are in front of a camera off the football field...
I disagree, respectfully of course. :) I know what you mean, but I think guys like Pollard and Cushing would be intense. We have lots of really cool guys too that would make it really funny - David Anderson!? But maybe I'm just being biased. I could totally see a scene where Jacoby is smarting off and then they show Andre rolling his eyes. hahah

Jackie Chiles
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Would love to see this. Whats the worst that could happen anyway, we don't make the playoffs again? Maybe it has the reverse effect similar to the Bengals this year.

painekiller
03-16-2010, 09:15 PM

And the owner has now said he wants the exposure for the team, guess who wins?

The Chiefs and the Bengals both had huge jumps in fan base around the country from this show. Guys like Mario, Demeco, Cush and Schaub need the national exposure. (AJ is starting to get some national love already, but more is good).

Coaches like Kubiak hate this kind of thing because the real opinion the teams has about a player is shown. And Kubiak has always protected his guys in public, Hard Knocks will expose the coaches and GM meetings.

Lucky
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
And the owner has now said he wants the exposure for the team, guess who wins?
I don't know who wins. What I do know is that winning football games will do more for this team's image than appearing on a cable channel. If the head coach doesn't like the idea, don't do it. Or get another head coach with your viewpoint.

Tailgate
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Meh.... the Bengals did just fine last year after hosting the show. This would intensify our TC enjoyment ten fold. Bring it on.

rush2112mn
03-16-2010, 09:52 PM
I would rather see our team on prime time tv games.....than hard knocks......

NitroGSXR
03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd love for the Texans to be featured.on this show!

houstonspartan
03-16-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know who wins. What I do know is that winning football games will do more for this team's image than appearing on a cable channel. If the head coach doesn't like the idea, don't do it. Or get another head coach with your viewpoint.

You don't know who wins between Kubiak and McNair? LOL. I do.

It's time we got some balls and started doing something like this. I'm all for it.

This team has been hiding in the corner like scared little kids for far too long. Time to come out into the sunlight and manage having cameras in front of us AND training for the season.

Last time I checked, it didn't hurt the Bengals season...

houstonspartan
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I would rather see our team on prime time tv games.....than hard knocks......

We've gotten prime time games the last two years, and will likely have more than one this upcoming year.

2slik4u
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM
You don't know who wins between Kubiak and McNair? LOL. I do.

It's time we got some balls and started doing something like this. I'm all for it.

This team has been hiding in the corner like scared little kids for far too long. Time to come out into the sunlight and manage having cameras in front of us AND training for the season.

Last time I checked, it didn't hurt the Bengals season...

I think this would be great for us. Specifically for the fans. Im a die hard Texan and I dont really know our players. Everything I know is about their stats and other stuff. I think it be cool to start putting some personalities to these guys. I would love if the 2010 Texans were on Hard Knocks.

Not only for that reason but this could be the most anticipated season in Texan team history. Coming off our first winning season, the sexy pick of the AFC to "finally" turn the corner. It would be awesome to document the whole thing.

Do it Mcnair/Smithiak

YellerLotYeller
03-17-2010, 12:26 AM
David Anderson is HBO gold!

Ryan
03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Please please it would make this offseason so much easier. :fans:

DexmanC
03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Ochocinco also USTREAM'd throughout all training camp and the
regular season, constantly bringing in his teammates while they
were sequestered in the team hotel. They swept the AFC North,
so maybe it wouldn't be all bad.

mexican_texan
03-17-2010, 12:57 AM

Yeah, I don't trust McClain on this.

GermanTexan
03-17-2010, 01:46 AM
It would be great to get a few looks inside the team, but i have a strange feeling bout this. I couldnt imagine that guys like AJ and Schaub (Kubiak already) are happy with a camera around them. Maybe it will help guys like Jacoby or Anderson, but thats not enough.
And i dont want to see Daniels skipping the trainings camp, cause the contract situation and much more i dont want to see Demeco to be in bad mood cause that, too...

BIG TORO
03-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Im all for it, I think it would increase our fan base and that would mean more prime time games in the future.

Kaiser Toro
03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Two reasons this would be a bad idea for the Texans this year

- Kubiak's health
- continuing CBA uncertainty, and it will be a topic - not good

BIG TORO
03-17-2010, 08:34 AM

- Kubiak's health

You get a rep, not for what you typed, but for changing your avatar! lol

El Tejano
03-17-2010, 08:37 AM
You can't have a hard knocks show if you don't have the people that knock hard - Demeco, Owen, and Bernard. Stop worrying about TV shows and worry about signing your best players.

Maddict5
03-17-2010, 08:41 AM

- Kubiak's health

neither reason makes any sense to me. care to elaborate?

False Start
03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it would be a good thing. From what they were saying on the radio (610), its probably gonna be the Jets.

HOU-TEX
03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Ain't happenin

BIG TORO
03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Do yall know how many teams are in the running for this?

TheCD
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
According to PFT it's between us and the Jets right now (Unfortunately, I'm certain the Jets will get it with their loud-mouthed coach who's unable to contain a single thought, they're up-and-coming QB and now with L.T.).

However, Vince Lombardi loved having cameras around the team; he felt it made them practice harder.

Maybe that could be the cure for our notoriously slow starts to the season.

GuerillaBlack
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Now McNair wants exposure? We'll sign TO next week.

I think the Jets will get it though. More "personality" I guess, but I'd love to see the Texans on the show. We need more exposure.

TimeKiller
03-17-2010, 10:28 AM
NY market > Houston market if that's what it's down to.

Don't know that I would care much about the show.

Dutchrudder
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing it. I'm sure the coaches wouldn't be happy about having lots of cameras all over the organization, but it didn't hurt the Bengals or the Cowboys the last two years. It would be good for the team to get the spotlight and garner some more fans before our breakout season! :D

nero THE zero
03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Hhhmmm...

Seems to be a lot of competition between us and the Jets over the past year plus.

First they stomp us in our house opening week. Then, they squeak past us for a playoff birth. Now, it's between us and them for Hard Knocks.

We play them next season and they have the opening MNF game, FWIW. Maybe, given the recent history, we'll get a week 1 rematch and a chance for redemption.

BIG TORO
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Jets will probably get it, Rex crying on there show good for ratings!

TexansBlood
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I wouldnt mind watching behind the scenes of the Texans organization.

Shaft75
03-17-2010, 03:12 PM
IF this happens...

I'm salivating to see the episode when we play and practice with the Saints in preseason!

TimeKiller
03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
how bout a challenge to the people running ht.com/tv to have a little...i guess "better" interviews? i appreciate their work but about half of their videos yield nothing. instead of "how are you doing this offseason?" follow them into the gym and watch them pump up or something....SOMETHING.

BSofA04
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
how bout a challenge to the people running ht.com/tv to have a little...i guess "better" interviews? i appreciate their work but about half of their videos yield nothing. instead of "how are you doing this offseason?" follow them into the gym and watch them pump up or something....SOMETHING.

Didn't Brooke Bentley used to do that a few offseasons ago? I think I remember a video of her following DeMeco in the gym and see what he was doing to prepare for the next season. Man I miss looking at her!

badboy
03-17-2010, 05:11 PM

There's a big difference when Ochocinco and AJ are in front of a camera off the football field...The article said "The Texans were invited to appear last year but decided it wasn't the right time. "

GuerillaBlack
03-18-2010, 09:18 AM
IF this happens...

I'm salivating to see the episode when we play and practice with the Saints in preseason!

This actually might help us get it.

NitroGSXR
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Anyone remember the Bill Koller and Antonio Smith spat? I do!

I was stunned to see so many f-bombs dropped by Kollar during camp. He'd definitely make Hard Knocks worth watching. I'd love to get Koller's mouth closed captioned. I know he'd pump out some television gems out there. He's certainly a very animated fellow...

Bring on Hard Knocks!

BIG TORO
03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know when we will find out?

TEXANS84
03-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know when we will find out?

Per the article linked, a decision will come in June.

Don't hold your breath.

ChampionTexan
03-19-2010, 03:50 PM

Don't hold your breath.

Figuratively or Literally!

BIG TORO
03-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Don't hold your breath.

Thanks!

HOU-TEX
03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Ain't happenin

The Jets will be featured on this year's edition of HBO's Hard Knocks.

It appears they beat out the Texans for the opportunity. Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan, future Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson, and the NFL's premier shutdown corner, Darrelle Revis, figure to be among the most covered topics.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

BigBull17
03-24-2010, 02:15 PM

We have alot of guys with personality. DA? Jacoby? Dreesen and OD are freakin hillarious. Pollard and Cush would be known as intense wild men. I bet we would be a hit. Though AJ would be a little bland, as would Schaub.

AnthonyE
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Didn't Brooke Bentley used to do that a few offseasons ago? I think I remember a video of her following DeMeco in the gym and see what he was doing to prepare for the next season. Man I miss looking at her!

Oh, buddy, you and me both. He was a great interviewer and knew what she was talking about to boot. Not to mention she was pretty easy on the eyes.

AnthonyE
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Ain't happenin

Ew. Who on earth would want to see LT and Revis when we have Ryan Moats and Jacques Reeves!

Hooston Texan
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Ain't happenin

That's too bad, IMO.

I know quite a few people who kept up with the Bengals last year just because Hard Knocks got them interested in the team. It's such a high quality show (except for when they gave Jerrah creative control in 2008, turning it into an extended promotional video) that it would have been nice to have the local team involved in it.

We're certainly not lacking in story lines that HN could have turned into compelling TV--heck, the positional battles for Cincy's third-string tailback and backup safety were riveting in the last HN.

Just wait till next year!

BIG TORO
03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Im cancelling my HBO! till next year

TimeKiller
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Nobody really thought the Texans were ever going to get a fair shake against the Jets did they? I mean....New York....Rex Ryan's mouth....LT....Sanchise....

b0ng
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Nobody really thought the Texans were ever going to get a fair shake against the Jets did they? I mean....New York....Rex Ryan's mouth....LT....Sanchise....

If Rex Ryan quoted himself from KSK on an irregular basis throughout hard knocks, I can't say I would not watch.

Thorn
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not getting HBO just to watch the Jets practice. Ain't happening.

Maybe I will catch a few eps on the internet someplace. I've never actually seen an episode of Hard Knocks, but everyone I talk to at work loves watching it.

devo-x
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
This should provide more motivation for the Texans to finally beat the Jets next season

:popcorn:

WWJD
03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm not getting HBO just to watch the Jets practice. Ain't happening.

Maybe I will catch a few eps on the internet someplace. I've never actually seen an episode of Hard Knocks, but everyone I talk to at work loves watching it.

You Tube has Hard Knocks shows on there.

False Start
03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I wasn't expecting it to happen in the first place.... so no biggie. The only reason I even have HBO is for True Blood.