PDA

View Full Version : Browns finally got their leader!!!

TheRealJoker
03-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Talk about a losing culture... Jake Delhomme is the leader the Browns have been searching for? He sucked with a top 3 running game and Steve Smith as his # 1 WR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816f708c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

""My own belief is this team needs an aging veteran," Holmgren said. "They need a guy that is going to grab everybody by the throat and say, 'Follow me through that door.' I don't look at him as an aging veteran, I look at him as the leader I wanted.""

Hoss
03-16-2010, 12:27 AM
:facepalm:

stingray
03-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Talk about a losing culture... Jake Delhomme is the leader the Browns have been searching for? He sucked with a top 3 running game and Steve Smith as his # 1 WR.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816f708c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

""My own belief is this team needs an aging veteran," Holmgren said. "They need a guy that is going to grab everybody by the throat and say, 'Follow me through that door.' I don't look at him as an aging veteran, I look at him as the leader I wanted.""

I think they are gonna draft a QB early in the draft. Maybe move up to get Bradford. They got lots of picks to get their man. No way in hell they go with only jake.

TimeKiller
03-16-2010, 08:51 AM
hahahaha

Thorn
03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
LOL, and you guys thought the Texans had problems. We are not even close to this horribleness.

To bad for the Brown fans though.

HOU-TEX
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I think Holmgren's going to do things right. I expect he'll draft his QB of the future to groom while Jake and Wallace take the beating for a while. It's something a certain organization should've done 8 years ago.

Dutchrudder
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM
It's better than spending more than 7 million on Derek Anderson. They are in re-build mode and need someone to get them through a couple years, so they use Jake Delhomme for it. He's been to the playoffs and played on a competitive team, so there's no reason why he can't help them. He really can't be worse than what they had last year.