PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn traded to Denver

ChampionTexan
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
And for those of us thinking Hillis would be a good fit here, looks like it won't be happening any time soon.

Brady Quinn is on the way to Denver.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that Quinn was just traded from the Cleveland Browns to the Denver Broncos in exchange for Peyton Hillis and two conditional draft picks.

LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/14/browns-trade-brady-quinn-to-denver/)

Texan4Ever
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, then does that mean the Browns are going to try and get McNabb or Vick or does it mean they will be looking for a QB in the draft?

I wonder if Quinn can salvage his young career with the Broncos?

jaayteetx
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Wow, then does that mean the Browns are going to try and get McNabb or Vick or does it mean they will be looking for a QB in the draft?

I wonder if Quinn can salvage his young career with the Broncos?

think the browns are content to have wallace start this year and maybe get a qb in the draft

WWJD
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
The Browns signed Delhomme I think. Yesterday or Friday.

b0ng
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
They should've just traded Quinn for Hillis and some lottery tickets. That's like, nothing at all really.

Texan4Ever
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Well, Mike Holmgren is running the show and I trust his judgement so we shall see....

On a side note Kamerion Wimbley, the OLB is being traded to the Raiders.

mariowillshine15
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
The Browns signed Delhomme I think. Yesterday or Friday.

Yep. Teams are excited the human INT machine is still playing.

texdawg
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
When the Browns traded up to take Brady Quinn, I thought that was the steal of the draft. Most of us were going nuts thinking we had our future hall of famer QB.

Then the awfullsome Browns organization took over and ruined any chance he had.

Oh well, just another wasted pick, one among many.

awtysst
03-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Quinn is the right type of QB for the type of offense Denver is putting together.

CloakNNNdagger
03-14-2010, 06:19 PM
The Broncos just got worse.

awtysst
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
The Broncos just got worse.

I think Quinn can be high completion passer if he is surrounded by people who can catch the ball. Broncos are going to a grind it out running game with solid accurate passing, and a studly D.

Hervoyel
03-14-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm so pissed off that we didn't find a way to get Peyton Hillis over here.

steelbtexan
03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm so pissed off that we didn't find a way to get Peyton Hillis over here.

Me too!!!!

Looks like a high draft pick will be used on a RB.

Hillis would have been great fit in the ZBS. IMHO

Kaiser Toro
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Me too!!!!

Looks like a high draft pick will be used on a RB.

Hillis would have been great fit in the ZBS. IMHO

Yep, Shanahan and Holmgren see the value in Hillis. Probably the one player from Denver that many saw the most value in and there is not a whisper from our side the last couple of years on attempting acquire.

Lucky
03-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Yep. Teams are excited the human INT machine is still playing.
You must be referring to Delhomme. Because Quinn's passes are so poorly thrown, even DBs can't catch them.

thunderkyss
03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Quinn is the right type of QB for the type of offense Denver is putting together.

I totally agree...

I never thought Quinn was a guaranteed HOFer... but he'll do very well in the system McDaniels wants in Denver..

Tom Brady has got the intangibles that make a great QB, but that is a very QB friendly system. Quinn is as athletic and talented as Brady, and more so than Cassell..

Depending on how those draft picks turn out.. the Broncos may be on to something.

thunderkyss
03-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Yep, Shanahan and Holmgren see the value in Hillis. Probably the one player from Denver that many saw the most value in and there is not a whisper from our side the last couple of years on attempting acquire.

WHAT!!!!

Shanahan & Holmgren in Cleveland ? surely not.

Edit:

Okay, I'm with you now.. I know what you meant..... sorry.

ArlingtonTexan
03-14-2010, 10:33 PM
I have nothing against this guy personally, and maybe Cleveland will prove me wrong, but there has not been a more over discussed and thought about player on this board than Hillis. A FB/RB hybrid no different than Leonard Weaver or Snelling in Atlanta who I rarely see a peep on. Nice player to have, but we would still need a real RB if he were a Texan.

steelbtexan
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I have nothing against this guy personally, and maybe Cleveland will prove me wrong, but there has not been a more over discussed and thought about player on this board than Hillis. A FB/RB hybrid no different than Leonard Weaver or Snelling in Atlanta who I rarely see a peep on. Nice player to have, but we would still need a real RB if he were a Texan.

Agreed

But a Mathews/Hillis/Slaton trio would've looked great.

1.Mathews-Young every down RB that this team has never had.
2.Hillis-Young short yardage RB,can fill in if Mathews is injured,has great hands
3.Slaton-Hope he makes it back from injury,can be a great 3rd down RB. Can fill in in case of injury.

Hardcore Texan
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
20 post about Quinn and no photos involving pee pee touching..........my how we have grown Texans Talk.......:clap: .....either that or TB is offline.

mariowillshine15
03-15-2010, 01:16 AM
You must be referring to Delhomme. Because Quinn's passes are so poorly thrown, even DBs can't catch them.

LOL true.

The Browns are paying Delhomme $7 million this year.

I hear the other teams are paying $6 million of it.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I think this was a good trade for the Browns. I can definitely see Holmgren turning the Browns around. Although, the Delhomme deal is kinda strange.

Dutchrudder
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
7 Million is way too much for Delhomme, but I guess they were bidding against the Cardinals, Seahawks and Bills. Out of all the free agent QBs and Quinn/Anderson/Wallace, I'd go for Delhomme too, but only out of necessity. We all know Sam Bradford won't be there at pick 7, so they might as well get the best of the bunch in an uncapped year, and try to improve as much as possible.

It seems like a good trade all around. Hillis and a couple picks will help the new Browns enstill their type of players in the organization, and the Broncos have a chance at salvaging Quinn's career without spending much at all.

Hardcore Texan
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Daylight come and you got to Delhomme.

Blake
03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
7 mill is starter money.

The question is, do the Browns draft Bryant after spending 2 2nd round picks on WR's last year?

Dutchrudder
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
7 mill is starter money.

The question is, do the Browns draft Bryant after spending 2 2nd round picks on WR's last year?

I sure hope not. Being a former resident of Cleveland for about 10 years, I still root for them when they aren't playing the Texans :) They have so many needs to fill, I doubt they will waste a pick that high on a WR. I'm sure there will be a great defensive option at 7 and if they end up with Eric Berry or Joe Haden, I will be a happy fan.

I think Dez Bryant will wind up in Buffalo or Jacksonville, unless the Dolphins or Broncos trade up to the 8/9 spot to grab him.