PDA

View Full Version : Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Honoring Earl 34
04-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I think that we would need to address the holes still at FS and DT before we take another RB. I would nominate either D'Anthony Smith or Chancellor

Maybe ... but Chancellor is 6'3 and 230 . Anyways ... to me ... you go with the best player sometimes and not just try to fill holes . That's how Dallas ended up with Felix Jones and Tashard Choice in the 4th . Dixon is compared to Shonn Green who everyone wants now .

The Pencil Neck
04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
D'Anthony Smith is the highest rated guy on my board out of the DT, FS, OC/OG players available.

I've actually got Dezmon Briscoe and Jacoby Ford rated higher, I just don't see the Texans going WR here. I've also got Anthony Dixon around this spot but I think it may be too soon to hit a second running back.

I'd expect:

D'Anthony Smith, DT
A.J Edds, OLB -- Do we need a SAM?
Robert Johnson, FS

steelbtexan
04-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Give me Owens

People say the Texans need to stop the run and need a DT that commands double teams. If you want this Owens is the guy. Owens is the strongest player in this draft. (44 reps at combine) He only weighs 305 right now (about the same as Okoye) but should be able to easily put on 15lbs as his body matures.

Owens did the dirty work at Georga. While Atkins got the accolades.

Owens at worst will be a good rotational DT as a rookie and possibly a starter after a good offseason in year 2.

Choice no.2 Robert Johnson

Johnson is a playmaking FS. He has good speed and is very instinctive. Johnson also has great hands for a DB. I would trade a 2010 5th and a 2011 4th to trade up to get Johnson.

Value in this draft is in the 4th rd. IMHO

Adding Owens and Johnson would not only fill needs but add high character players with big upsides. IMHO

The Pencil Neck
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Give me Owens

People say the Texans need to stop the run and need a DT that commands double teams. If you want this Owens is the guy. Owens is the strongest player in this draft. (44 reps at combine) He only weighs 305 right now (about the same as Okoye) but should be able to easily put on 15lbs as his body matures.

Owens at worst will be a good rotational DT as a rookie and possibly a starter after a good offseason in year 2.

Johnson is a playmaking FS. He has good speed and is very instinctive. Johnson also has great hands for a DB. I would trade a 2010 5th and a 2011 4th to trade up to get Johnson.

Adding Owens and Johnson would not only fill needs but add high character players with big upsides. IMHO

You've convinced me on Owens.

rmartin65
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Give me Owens

What you said is exactly what badboy, beerlover and I saw while we were making our second mock. We were trying to find a run stuffing DT that is still the size of the Texans DTs. Owens was my guy from the beginning there. And the other 2 agreed immediately, that was one of the picks that we all agreed on, with no reservations.

kiwitexansfan
04-03-2010, 12:32 PM
He does sound like a Texans type.

I'm convinced.

Honoring Earl 34
04-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Isn't Owens 6'1 and 300 lbs ?

JB
04-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Isn't Owens 6'1 and 300 lbs ?

yep 304

Honoring Earl 34
04-03-2010, 12:55 PM
yep 304

and he's different how ?

rmartin65
04-03-2010, 12:56 PM
and he's different how ?

He is one of the strongest players in the draft. Not just weight room wise, but he has excellent core strength.

Wolf6151
04-03-2010, 01:14 PM
My first choice would be Robert Johnson-FS from Utah and second choice would be D'Anthony Smith-DT from La. Tech., Smith is a little bigger and had better production last year. Also Owens had a knee injury in 2008 that slowed him down in the 2009 season.

I vote Robert Johnson-FS, he's a playmaker in the secondary that we need badly.

Texan4Ever
04-03-2010, 01:24 PM
My first choice would be Robert Johnson-FS from Utah and second choice would be D'Anthony Smith-DT from La. Tech., Smith is a little bigger and had better production last year. Also Owens had a knee injury in 2008 that slowed him down in the 2009 season.

I second Robert Johnson, we need a FS next to Pollard.

rmartin65
04-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Robert Johnson is legit, and I trust badboy's view of him. He says that he could be had with our fifth round pick.

I am not buying D'Anthony Smith. He played at La. Tech, so not a lot of competition. And physically, Owens is a much superior prospect. Stronger, faster, and more agile. And I think he has a better handle on the game, Smith still looks so raw in his technique.

The knee injury is worrisome, but he would not be available without that injury. At the start of next season he should be at full strength.

steelbtexan
04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I second Robert Johnson, we need a FS next to Pollard.

In the real draft I would trade back into the 4th rd. and take Johnson.

Both are great players. But the Texans need to draft 2 DT's in this draft.

One to replace Z-Man and one to replace Okam's lazy butt.

You start doing this by drafting Owens.

Wilson is going to be the starter at FS next year. They need to draft somebody to groom to replace Wilson. Johnson may be available in the 5th rd. If he's not Smithiak could draft a big CB like Nolan Carroll or Brian Jackson and let him learn under Wilson for a year or 2.

If Wilson gets hurt next year htey could move Quin to FS and start (according to this mock) Wilson and Reeves at CB. While the rookies learn. (Regardless of whether Johnson or any other FS candidate is drafted in the 4/5th rd)

Owens has a high upside and will contribute more quickly than any of the FS draftees at this point in the draft. IMHO

The Pencil Neck
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I vote for Owens here.

steelbtexan
04-03-2010, 02:49 PM
It's the weekend, how long are we going to wait on Hou-Tex before making the pick?

Texan4Ever
04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
It's the weekend, how long are we going to wait on Hou-Tex before making the pick?

I say we put in the selection for Owens, seems to have a greater majority. Not a bad pick, I think any of the three Georgia DTs are good with Owens at the top.

Blake
04-03-2010, 06:49 PM
The Houston Texans Select: Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia

http://blog.al.com/keepingscore/2009/07/medium_jeff_owens.jpg

awtysst
04-04-2010, 10:49 AM
The Houston Texans Select: Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia

http://blog.al.com/keepingscore/2009/07/medium_jeff_owens.jpg

Its been 15 hours since this pick. Surely someone has missed their pick at this point and the next team can go, right?

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2010, 10:54 AM
The Patriots probably should have picked by now.

I would suggest a TE, perhaps Anthony McCoy, USC

steelbtexan
04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
The Patriots probably should have picked by now.

I would suggest a TE, perhaps Anthony McCoy, USC

Great pick

I cant believe McCoy is still on the board.

He can replace Watson and give Brady another weapon.

McCoy has the type of speed to split the seam deep down the middle of the field. McCoy is also a good blocker according to Carroll.

Think Whitten or Gates

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Dude is pretty good size too, 6-6 265

awtysst
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
By my calculation the last pick was made 17 hours ago, which would have been around 6 or so PM CST. That means that officially, the clock would have run out on that pick at Midnight, CST. Since that is in the night, the next team's spot started at 8am (I think) CST this morning. We are almost at 1PM CST, so that would mean their time slot finishes at 1PM CST before the next team can go.

So, a recap:
NE (TexansSeminole) is over and can pick at any time.
Cinci (JB) is on the clock and can pick at any time.
Iggles (Shaft75) is on the clock at 2PM CST( a little over an hour from now at worst)
Packers (The Pencil Neck) is on the clock at 8PM CST at latest
Cardinals (awtysst) is on the clock tomorrow morning.

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Let's mark the Pats down for McCoy?

JB
04-04-2010, 01:05 PM
By my calculation the last pick was made 17 hours ago, which would have been around 6 or so PM CST. That means that officially, the clock would have run out on that pick at Midnight, CST. Since that is in the night, the next team's spot started at 8am (I think) CST this morning. We are almost at 1PM CST, so that would mean their time slot finishes at 1PM CST before the next team can go.

So, a recap:
NE (TexansSeminole) is over and can pick at any time.
Cinci (JB) is on the clock and can pick at any time.
Iggles (Shaft75) is on the clock at 2PM CST( a little over an hour from now at worst)
Packers (The Pencil Neck) is on the clock at 8PM CST at latest
Cardinals (awtysst) is on the clock tomorrow morning.

If Cinci is on the clock, the pick is:

Austen Lane, Murray State
A Division 1-AA AP All-America first-teamer, Austen Lane had 19.5 TFL and 11 sacks in his senior year.

The Bengals saw what it was like to lose their top pass rusher against us last year. This draft they get a bit of depth and a prospect with a lot of upside.

Blake
04-04-2010, 01:56 PM
If Cinci is on the clock, the pick is:

Austen Lane, Murray State
A Division 1-AA AP All-America first-teamer, Austen Lane had 19.5 TFL and 11 sacks in his senior year.

The Bengals saw what it was like to lose their top pass rusher against us last year. This draft they get a bit of depth and a prospect with a lot of upside.

78) Carolina Panthers - Austen Lane, DE, Murray State

Blake
04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Let's mark the Pats down for McCoy?

Jimmy Graham from Miami FL would be a good choice too. He is a rising player who might go as high as the 2nd round.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Iggles (Shaft75) are on the clock.

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Iggles (Shaft75) are on the clock.

No.

1. We need a concensus on the Pats.
2. The Bengal's pick was invalid. The player was taken with the 78th pick.

JB
04-04-2010, 03:22 PM
No.

1. We need a concensus on the Pats.

My bad...did not see that!

awtysst
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
No.

1. We need a consensus on the Pats.

I thought that we had agreed that while the consensus discussion was going on, other teams could go ahead and pick. Since we were trying to make this similar to the real draft.

So in that scenario, the group is discussing the Pats pick. While that happened the Bengals made a pick that was already taken so the pick came back. Bengals are still on the clock making a pick while the group discusses the Pats missed pick. That's the fair way to do it IMO and the only way to keep it moving and a decent clip.

Plus, the time ran out and the Iggles have been on the clock since 2pm CST.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 03:40 PM
My bad...did not see that!

So repick JB and make sure not to grab someone that has already been picked! :)

JB
04-04-2010, 03:47 PM
So repick JB and make sure not to grab someone that has already been picked! :)

Dude, that would require me to be sober and have the ability to read!

awtysst
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Dude, that would require me to be sober and have the ability to read!

Cmon man, this is the Official 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft! Sacrifices HAVE to be made!!!

JB
04-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Cmon man, this is the Official 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft! Sacrifices HAVE to be made!!!

Ok then how about:

AJ Edds, LB- Iowa

This will upgrade the SLB spot. Walter says perhaps he is the top pure SLB in this draft.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Ok then how about:

AJ Edds, LB- Iowa

This will upgrade the SLB spot. Walter says perhaps he is the top pure SLB in this draft.

I think you are good there. Nice job.

The Iggles are on the clock (and technically have been since 2PM CST).

awtysst
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
All joking aside, I am glad the real NFL draft is not like this! We'd have the Vikings miss their picks and 4 other teams would have to get together and make the picks for Minne!

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
All joking aside, I am glad the real NFL draft is not like this! We'd have the Vikings miss their picks and 4 other teams would have to get together and make the picks for Minne!

The thing is, this isn't the real NFL draft. :)

This is just some guys getting together and trying to put together a mock. If we were getting paid for this, then I think we'd all be a little bit more motivated to getting on here and making sure our ducks were in a row.

This isn't even like a Fantasy league draft where we all find a time to all be together so we can knock this thing out in one big bank. I mean, we can't even get enough people involved in the thread on the weekend to get a consensus.

Without that motivation to be here and do it, it doesn't make sense to me to have guys going ahead and picking out of order. I was under the impression we were going to do the consensus thing and continue once that was done.

Let's go ahead and make McCoy the pick for the Pats.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 05:02 PM
The thing is, this isn't the real NFL draft. :)

This is just some guys getting together and trying to put together a mock. If we were getting paid for this, then I think we'd all be a little bit more motivated to getting on here and making sure our ducks were in a row.

This isn't even like a Fantasy league draft where we all find a time to all be together so we can knock this thing out in one big bank. I mean, we can't even get enough people involved in the thread on the weekend to get a consensus.

Without that motivation to be here and do it, it doesn't make sense to me to have guys going ahead and picking out of order. I was under the impression we were going to do the consensus thing and continue once that was done.

Let's go ahead and make McCoy the pick for the Pats.
I guess I come at this from a different perspective than you.

I just finished a first round mock with Beerlover. In that mock the two of us worked together to build the best first round mock we could. We shared out big boards and then meticulously went through and made picks. We wrestled over picks, discussed them, and came up with a consensus between the two of us.

In my mind, this is not what is happening here. People are assigned a team or two and make the picks for that team. The purpose is to do the best job you can FOR YOUR team. In my case I am the Bills and Cardinals GM. So I am trying to make the best possible picks for those two teams. I am not trying to help anyone else out, since my focus is on MY teams.

In my mind the purpose is to see how various people evaluate talent and give us a fun exercise to do beyond a solo or small group mock. I signed up for what I have described. If the intention was to make this a more collaborative consensus mock, then I misunderstood the purpose and honestly would not have signed up to do it.

See, I see this like I do the Historical Figures Draft or the Bad Ass Character Draft. Build the best team you can and then compare notes afterwards.

Blake
04-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Pats select Anthony McCoy, TE, USC

Picks have been updated here: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325

121) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75

122) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck

123) Arizona Cardinals (Via/BAL) - awtysst

124) New York Jets (Via/ARI) - The Pencil Neck

125) Dallas Cowboys - Honoring Earl 34

126) San Diego Chargers - Shaft75

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I guess I come at this from a different perspective than you.

I just finished a first round mock with Beerlover. In that mock the two of us worked together to build the best first round mock we could. We shared out big boards and then meticulously went through and made picks. We wrestled over picks, discussed them, and came up with a consensus between the two of us.

In my mind, this is not what is happening here. People are assigned a team or two and make the picks for that team. The purpose is to do the best job you can FOR YOUR team. In my case I am the Bills and Cardinals GM. So I am trying to make the best possible picks for those two teams. I am not trying to help anyone else out, since my focus is on MY teams.

In my mind the purpose is to see how various people evaluate talent and give us a fun exercise to do beyond a solo or small group mock. I signed up for what I have described. If the intention was to make this a more collaborative consensus mock, then I misunderstood the purpose and honestly would not have signed up to do it.

See, I see this like I do the Historical Figures Draft or the Bad Ass Character Draft. Build the best team you can and then compare notes afterwards.

I don't think we disagree on what this is supposed to be. I think we disagree on what we require from people time-wise to get it done.

This is NOT supposed to be a consensus mock. But we can't expect everyone to always be on the MB every day and we can't expect everyone to check this thread every hour or so. This is a very casual setting.

To me, that means we're better served waiting until the people who are up get their pick rather than forcing something down their throats. And it makes more sense to me to have people wait to make their picks until everyone ahead of them have made theirs.

To me, the "perfect" situation would be to block out an afternoon, get 32 guys, each with one team that they've researched, and then knock the whole 7 rounds out with everyone getting a few minutes to make each pick. Bam, bam, bam, and it's over.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't think we disagree on what this is supposed to be. I think we disagree on what we require from people time-wise to get it done.

This is NOT supposed to be a consensus mock. But we can't expect everyone to always be on the MB every day and we can't expect everyone to check this thread every hour or so. This is a very casual setting.

To me, that means we're better served waiting until the people who are up get their pick rather than forcing something down their throats. And it makes more sense to me to have people wait to make their picks until everyone ahead of them have made theirs.

To me, the "perfect" situation would be to block out an afternoon, get 32 guys, each with one team that they've researched, and then knock the whole 7 rounds out with everyone getting a few minutes to make each pick. Bam, bam, bam, and it's over.

Ok, I hear you, but during the week people work. Sometimes people cannot make picks and the draft lingers. It also seems(I might be wrong) but more leeway is given on weekends than on weekdays. On weekdays it seems that people are given less leeway and if a pick is not forthcoming the consensus is done much quicker. In contrast, (last weekend I think) was a good example of how a team was given basically 24+ hours to make a pick and even then it did not occur.

I think IF this is done again VERY specific rules need to be in place. The more people have to wait, the less interested they become. We had a whole group of fired up people at the beginning but then lost several becuase it was taking too long. This HAS to get done ASAP becuase people begin to lose interest after awhile.

To be honest, I am teetering on the losing interest precipice myself. I committed to 2 teams for 4 rounds, so I will do it, but I am becoming frustrated with the length of time its taking. I am the Draft Guru and LOVE draft stuff, but the slowness of this process has really sucked the life out of it for me.

Sorry to dump, but I wanted to respond and let you know my thoughts on the situation.

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok, I hear you, but during the week people work. Sometimes people cannot make picks and the draft lingers. It also seems(I might be wrong) but more leeway is given on weekends than on weekdays. On weekdays it seems that people are given less leeway and if a pick is not forthcoming the consensus is done much quicker. In contrast, (last weekend I think) was a good example of how a team was given basically 24+ hours to make a pick and even then it did not occur.

I think IF this is done again VERY specific rules need to be in place. The more people have to wait, the less interested they become. We had a whole group of fired up people at the beginning but then lost several becuase it was taking too long. This HAS to get done ASAP becuase people begin to lose interest after awhile.

To be honest, I am teetering on the losing interest precipice myself. I committed to 2 teams for 4 rounds, so I will do it, but I am becoming frustrated with the length of time its taking. I am the Draft Guru and LOVE draft stuff, but the slowness of this process has really sucked the life out of it for me.

Sorry to dump, but I wanted to respond and let you know my thoughts on the situation.

Surprisingly, I think fewer people log in during the weekends.

Personally, I'm looking at this mock as like Chess By Mail or something. I check the thread whenever there's something new on it but I'm not expecting it to move quickly. I wish it WAS moving quicker but with a fairly open sign-up policy like we had, we're going to get some people involved who aren't as motivated as others.

I like the idea I had put in my post where we treat it like a Fantasy Football draft. Get some guys and have them research their teams and then show up at a particular time and knock a full one out. That would be fun. There would be more intensity when someone drafts your guy and you've got to scramble for a second option.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Surprisingly, I think fewer people log in during the weekends.

Personally, I'm looking at this mock as like Chess By Mail or something. I check the thread whenever there's something new on it but I'm not expecting it to move quickly. I wish it WAS moving quicker but with a fairly open sign-up policy like we had, we're going to get some people involved who aren't as motivated as others.

I like the idea I had put in my post where we treat it like a Fantasy Football draft. Get some guys and have them research their teams and then show up at a particular time and knock a full one out. That would be fun. There would be more intensity when someone drafts your guy and you've got to scramble for a second option.

Maybe its a generational thing. I would hate to play chess by mail. I do not have the patience for that kind of thing. I guess becuase the Historical Figures and Bad Ass Drafts moved pretty quickly, I was expecting this one to move fast as well.
Oh well.

But yeah, your idea of having a blocked out time and doing it in one afternoon would be awesome!

TexansSeminole
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Pats select Anthony McCoy, TE, USC

Picks have been updated here: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325

121) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75

122) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck

123) Arizona Cardinals (Via/BAL) - awtysst

124) New York Jets (Via/ARI) - The Pencil Neck

125) Dallas Cowboys - Honoring Earl 34

You guys know I took TE Aaron Hernandez from Florida in the second round for the Pats.

If your going to consensus pick, at least look at what the team has already done.

Either way, I don't really care. Just thought I would drop that bit of info in here. Sorry I wasn't here to make the pick but I have been working my life away for the past week.

To awt, a mock draft like this is always going to take a long time and is always going to have picks run out of time. People have stuff going on and sometimes they either forget or just get busy. People will always lose interest, it's just the nature of doing something that takes several weeks.

I like the idea of a consensus pick, having a team pick because the other team ran out of time kills the fun that is the mock. It becomes unrealistic. But if you are going to do a consensus pick, look at what the teams have already accomplished in the draft. The Pats have alot of needs, picking another TE would not be very wise IMO. They have needs along the defensive and offensive line.

Blake
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Final Denver Broncos Draft:

1.) Joe Haden, CB
2.) Brandon LaFell, WR
3.) Matt Tennant, C
4.) Montario Hardesty, RB

Blake
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Final Pittsburgh Steelers Draft:

1.) Murkice Pouncey, C
2.) Brandon Ghee, CB
3.) Alex Carrington, DE/OLB
4.) Mike Neal, DT

Blake
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
You guys know I took TE Aaron Hernandez from Florida in the second round for the Pats.

If your going to consensus pick, at least look at what the team has already done.

Do you wish to change it?

SM

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Either way, I don't really care. Just thought I would drop that bit of info in here. Sorry I wasn't here to make the pick but I have been working my life away for the past week.

To awt, a mock draft like this is always going to take a long time and is always going to have picks run out of time. People have stuff going on and sometimes they either forget or just get busy. People will always lose interest, it's just the nature of doing something that takes several weeks.

I like the idea of a consensus pick, having a team pick because the other team ran out of time kills the fun that is the mock. It becomes unrealistic. But if you are going to do a consensus pick, look at what the teams have already accomplished in the draft. The Pats have alot of needs, picking another TE would not be very wise IMO. They have needs along the defensive and offensive line.

Sorry I suggested the TE. I was in a hurry when I threw the name out and didn't check to see what you had already picked.

Blake
04-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Looks like the Skins 2nd round pick went to Philly in the McNabb trade. So in our draft the Eagles get Golden Tate.

TexansSeminole
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Do you wish to change it?

SM

It's all good. Texans picked 2 TEs last year, I guess it isn't unrealistic.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM

To my recollection the Historical Figures and Bad Ass Character Drafts did not linger and there were no missed picks. We went 10 rounds and gave each person ample time to make the pick, but each pick was made in the precise time. I did notice that people lost enthusiasm as the mock but we were able to keep it going at a nice clip.

Sure, I know people have stuff going on, but plan ahead and get your picks into the two main guys. Plus, if you are going to participate you should check twice daily(once in the morning and once in the night) just to see where you may be and how far it may be to your pick.

Blake
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
To my recollection the Historical Figures and Bad Ass Character Drafts did not linger and there were no missed picks. We went 10 rounds and gave each person ample time to make the pick, but each pick was made in the precise time. I did notice that people lost enthusiasm as the mock but we were able to keep it going at a nice clip.

Sure, I know people have stuff going on, but plan ahead and get your picks into the two main guys. Plus, if you are going to participate you should check twice daily(once in the morning and once in the night) just to see where you may be and how far it may be to your pick.

Rep. +1

TexansSeminole
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM

I don't disagree with you but people are going to miss picks regardless. Last year alot of people missed picks and if I recall correctly people were taking teams from others to continue on to go all 7 rounds. I think we stopped after round 3 and continued on in a different thread.

It's only April 4th though. We could probably go all 7 rounds before the draft starts if enough people actually wanted to do it, there is plenty of time.

steelbtexan
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM

If we could get 16 guys to take 2 teams each and have them dedicate to this over a 3-4 day period we could do a 7 rd mock. I would be up for this.

The afternoon thing sounds good too.

The key is knowing whenyou're going to be up and PM your pick ahead. Wolf 6151 PM'ed me with a list of his picks. He was out and I made his pick. The draft rolled along without all of the down time.

steelbtexan
04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Rep. +1

Ditto

Shaft75
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM
The Eagles select Rodrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas.

Final Eagles Draft:
Round 1 - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
Round 2 - Everson Griffen, DE, USC
Round 3(a) - John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
Round 3(b) - Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
Round 4 - Roddrick Muckelroy, LB, Texas

kiwitexansfan
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Final Eagles Draft:

I don't know the last two guys but those first three picks are SOLID.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM
The Pencil Neck,
If you are on, its your pick.

Texan4Ever
04-04-2010, 10:55 PM

Final Eagles Draft:

Solid linebackers in round 3 and 4, Lee was a solid player at PSU and Muckelroy was a consistent linebacker and one of the leaders on the Longhorns defense.

Good Job! :clap:

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I am itching to make my pick. Once The Pencil neck makes the pick I am on the clock!

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Give me just a moment.

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:20 PM
The Green Bay Packers need a strong safety. According to my board, that means that with the 122nd pick, the Packers take:

http://www.techsideline.com/football/2009/pics/nebraska_asante2009_01.jpg

Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
The Packers Draft:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT - Possibility of a bust but needed and possibly great fit for a ZBS.

2. Dominique Franks, CB - Their corners are getting old.

3. Mitch Petrus, OG - Their line needs strengthening. Bad. Their LG is coming off of back surgery.

4. Larry Asante, SS - A strong tackler and surprisingly good in coverage despite his lack of speed.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
The Arizona Cardinals take an overlooked young man. He had lots of sacks as a sophomore but had his total drop off his junior year. He is the kind of guy that has 2nd round talent but did not produce last year. His value in the NFL will be as a situational 3-4 pass rusher and he will do this job admirably.

We projected him to be a late 2nd-mid third round pick so we are ecstatic to get him here at the bottom of the 4th. Without further ado allow us to present to you our 4th round pick:

Jason Worilds, OLB, Virginia Tech!

http://www.thenorthendzone.com/images/stories/jason-worilds.jpg

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
The Packers Draft:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT - Possibility of a bust but needed and possibly great fit for a ZBS.

2. Dominique Franks, CB - Their corners are getting old.

3. Mitch Petrus, OG - Their line needs strengthening. Bad. Their LG is coming off of back surgery.

4. Larry Asante, SS - A strong tackler and surprisingly good in coverage despite his lack of speed.

Good pick. I like Asante in the 4th.

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
The Arizona Cardinals take an overlooked young man. He had lots of sacks as a sophomore but had his total drop off his junior year. He is the kind of guy that has 2nd round talent but did not produce last year. His value in the NFL will be as a situational 3-4 pass rusher and he will do this job admirably.

We projected him to be a late 2nd-mid third round pick so we are ecstatic to get him here at the bottom of the 4th. Without further ado allow us to present to you our 4th round pick:

Jason Worilds, OLB, Virginia Tech!

http://www.thenorthendzone.com/images/stories/jason-worilds.jpg

I'm really shocked this guy fell this far. I had him rated MUCH higher than this.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:35 PM
My two teams

Buffalo Bills
1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
3. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
4. Myron Rolle, S, Florida State University

Arizona Cardinals
1.Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
2. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
3a Tony Washington, OT, Abilene Christian
3b Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
4. Jason Worilds, OLB, Virginia Tech

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm really shocked this guy fell this far. I had him rated MUCH higher than this.

Yeah me too. I had to double check the forum list and was stunned he was still there. I had him as a late 2nd/mid 3rd. To get him in the end of the 4th is a STEAL!
Now you see why I was anxious to make my pick. I wanted to select him before someone else could steal him from me!

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
The Jet's fans I talked to said that even with Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery, their biggest need was a WR.

I didn't really follow their advice on drafting that position early. So now, with the 124th pick, the Jets draft:

http://vmedia.rivals.com//IMAGES/Player/video/JACOBYFORD_200X267_91109.JPG

Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson

The Pencil Neck
04-04-2010, 11:41 PM
The Jets are done. Their draft went:

1. Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
2. Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson
4. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson

Not having a 3rd round pick really sucked. This is a bad year not to have a third or two.

awtysst
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
My two teams

Buffalo Bills

Arizona Cardinals
1.Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU

I am very pleased with these draft picks.
The Bills switch to a 3-4 with a prototypical NT, get an awesome CB, a fantastic OLB, and a very good safety. Based on this draft, the Bills got 3 immediate starters and 1 solid rotational player.

The Cardinals switch to the 3-4 and get and excellent 3-4 OLB, a prottypical NT, a fantastic OT and C to boost the Oline, and a value OLB. Based on this draft the Cardinals got 3 immediate starters, 1 mid season starter, and 1 solid rotational player.

Both teams got great value and became immediately better
Im gonna applaud my own effort!!!.:clap:

TexansSeminole
04-05-2010, 12:26 AM
My two teams

Buffalo Bills

Arizona Cardinals
1.Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

Good draft for the Cards. I know little about McCourty and Misi but Williams and Myron Rolle are good additions.

If I were to have picked for the Patriots it would have been G Sergio Render, Virginia Tech.

Blake
04-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Last picks of the draft.

125) Dallas Cowboys - Honoring Earl 34 - On the clock 7amMonday

127) Seattle Seahawks (Via/PHI) (VIA/NYJ) - steelbtexan

128) Minnesota Vikings - rmartin65

129) Indianapolis Colts - Ole Miss Texan

130) New Orleans Saints - Texan In Japan

131) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

Kaiser Toro
04-05-2010, 08:06 AM
As faux GM for the Lions and 49ers here is how they fared

Lions
1st Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2nd Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
3rd Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
4th Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

49ers
1st Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1st Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
2nd Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
3rd Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
4th Reshad Jones, SS, Georgia

Blake
04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
As faux GM for the Lions and 49ers here is how they fared

Lions
1st Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2nd Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
3rd Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
4th Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

49ers
1st Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1st Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
2nd Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
3rd Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
4th Reshad Jones, SS, Georgia

I love those drafts. I guess I just love the idea of setting the core of the offensive line for 10 years, in 1 draft.

kiwitexansfan
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I can't believe how many people had good drafts, seems everyone picked up solid value.

Blake
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I can't believe how many people had good drafts, seems everyone picked up solid value.

Agreed. I think this is a very deep draft, and this mock proves it.

:hurrah:

kiwitexansfan
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I thought the talent dropped off late third but seeing who is still coming up at the end of the 4th, I've changed my mind.

The Pencil Neck
04-05-2010, 09:30 AM
This is what I was saying in a thread a couple of weeks ago. This is a deep draft. The more picks you've got in the 2nd through 4th, the better.

Honoring Earl 34
04-05-2010, 11:05 AM
The Dallas Cowboys select Joe Webb Wr UAB .

Jerry has found a guy with TO's size and speed but with class .

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/8/8/8871c0a1d6886482299db674846509f1_jerry%20jones%20t errell%20owens.JPG

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=77188&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Blake
04-05-2010, 01:14 PM

127) Seattle Seahawks (Via/PHI) (VIA/NYJ) - steelbtexan

kiwitexansfan
04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I think that your right, Pouncey is a stretch here but he fits the Steelers mould.

Funny how things change, 2 weeks ago I was calling Pouncey a stretch at #18 and now am pulling for him at #20....

Then again there is a big difference between 18th pick and 20th!! :hides:

awtysst
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Funny how things change, 2 weeks ago I was calling Pouncey a stretch at #18 and now am pulling for him at #20....

Then again there is a big difference between 18th pick and 20th!! :hides:

Draft is very fluid. I was a big advocate of Pouncey or Iupati a couple of months ago. People shouted me down saying that you don't take a OG or OC that high and it would be a wasteful pick. Now, all of a sudden a lot of people (not specifically pointing to you) are thinking one or both may be gone when we pick and are hoping they fall to 20.

Sometimes its hard to be The Draft Guru, as I need to wait around for people to come to my point of view!

kiwitexansfan
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Draft is very fluid. I was a big advocate of Pouncey or Iupati a couple of months ago. People shouted me down saying that you don't take a OG or OC that high and it would be a wasteful pick. Now, all of a sudden a lot of people (not specifically pointing to you) are thinking one or both may be gone when we pick and are hoping they fall to 20.

Sometimes its hard to be The Draft Guru, as I need to wait around for people to come to my point of view!

I'm still anti-Iupati in the first, however credit for being on the Pouncey bandwagon before it left the station.

Shaft75
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
The San Diego Chargers select Brandon Lang, DE, Troy.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/files/2010/01/Brandon-Lang-resized.jpg

Blake
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
VIA PM, steelbtexans Seattle Seahawks select: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m-JOczlPvzs/SzXQ5weTHJI/AAAAAAAAGW8/5TItiqo3Yp4/s320/Taylor+Price.jpg

Blake
04-05-2010, 07:52 PM

kiwitexansfan
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
VIA PM, steelbtexans Seattle Seahawks select: Taylor Price, WR, Ohio

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_m-JOczlPvzs/SzXQ5weTHJI/AAAAAAAAGW8/5TItiqo3Yp4/s320/Taylor+Price.jpg

Good pick up here for the Seahawks.

rmartin65
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
The Minnesota Vikings select Fordham QB John Skelton

The Vikings need a QB for the future. Favre can't play forever, despite his effort, and Rosenfels is a stop gap answer at best. Tavaris jackson has proven he is not a starter.

Skelton is a big, cannon armed QB with a gunslinger mentality. Think a 6'6" Favre. Skelton will most likely be the starter for the 2011 season.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ford/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2454001.jpeg

Blake
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Last 3 picks of our draft.

JB
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
The Minnesota Vikings select Fordham QB John Skelton

The Vikings need a QB for the future. Favre can't play forever, despite his effort, and Rosenfels is a stop gap answer at best. Tavaris jackson has proven he is not a starter.

Skelton is a big, cannon armed QB with a gunslinger mentality. Think a 6'6" Favre. Skelton will most likely be the starter for the 2011 season.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ford/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/2454001.jpeg

Wow! The bolded just floored me! I thought the dude had a lot more holes in his game than that. Had him figured for a 6th at best.

rmartin65
04-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Wow! The bolded just floored me! I thought the dide had a lot more holes in his game than that. Had him figured for a 6th at best.

I was considering him in the 3rd, but thought it was just too early. I am really surprised he made it this long. He has huge upside, and if he takes full advantage of NFL coaching, I dont feel bad making that prediction in the slightest.

JB
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I was considering him in the 3rd, but thought it was just too early. I am really surprised he made it this long. He has huge upside, and if he takes full advantage of NFL coaching, I dont feel bad making that prediction in the slightest.

That's cool. If we all saw it the same, we wouldn't want to discuss it.

By the way, I was not disagreeing with the pick, just I thought the statement that he would be the starter in 2011 wa a bit bold.

side note.... I like him a lot better now that I know his uncle is a limited partner of the Houston Texans!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1267818?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

awtysst
04-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Yeah I considered him for the last pick with Buffalo or Arizona but there was too much value in my picks. He has comparisons to Flacco which I think are a little unfair. If he is motivated and becomes a sponge, he can be a solid backup/spot starter at worst.

Ole Miss Texan
04-06-2010, 02:58 AM
The Colts select George Selvie, DE from South Florida. Explosive DE that doesn't have pressure of needing to player early in his career. Fits the mold that Indy looks for in the position and can learn pass rush moves from one of the best.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/draftdogimages/2010%20prospects/george-selvie.jpg

Shaft75
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
The Colts select George Selvie, DE from South Florida. Explosive DE that doesn't have pressure of needing to player early in his career. Fits the mold that Indy looks for in the position and can learn pass rush moves from one of the best.

Nice selection!

steelbtexan
04-06-2010, 09:27 AM

I had him 2nd on my board behind Price.

Great pick

Tampa Bay GM Mock Draft
Rd.1 Eric Berry
Rd.2 Carlos Dunlop
Rd.2 Regis Benn
Rd.3 Lamarr Houston
Rd.4 Jason Fox

Seattle GM Mock Draft
Rd.1 Sam Bradford
Rd.1 Trent Williams
Rd.2 Morgan Burnett
Rd.4 Joe McKnight
Rd.4 Taylor Price

If the draft fell this way for both of these teams (which it wont) both of them should be estatic.

Doing this mock helps everybody realize how deep this draft is.

Good job by all

jgl35
04-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Time to explain my thinking on the Kansas City draft.
First off, this is a bad football team and one draft is not going to put them onto the playoffs.
Drafting at 5, the idea is to get someone that is the best at his position.
I went in thinking that Berry or Okung would be there for me, but when the Rams didn't draft a QB, that didn't happen. So why not take Bulaga? Why take the second best at his position at 5 when you can get the best player at another position. Also, the last hot shot tackle that came out of Iowa is named Gallery. That worked out well for Oakland.

So I restudied the Chiefs again and stopped reading when I saw they were 31 again the run.
Changing to a 3-4, I formed a plan to imporve the run defense with the best players against the run I could find up the middle of the defense.
I selected McClean because he is the top ILB in this draft, a run stopper, and a leader that will give the Chiefs an idenity on Defense. I got some heat for piccking him "too high", but we are not trading in this draft and he would never fall to the second round. If you want a guy, you take him when you get the chance.

The Gresham pick at 2 was easy. The best TE in the draft and a need position.
Now it gets harder. I thought a NG would fall to me with the second round 2 pick, but the two best ones went before my pick. I was plaining to take Ducasse or Veldheer as my OT in the 3rd, but with the NT I wanted gone, I took Ducasse in the 2nd.

In the 3rd, again I missed out on the NT, but I had my eye on Jones anyway as he is a very good run defender at S.
The 4th round pick in McCluster should have never have been there for me. He becomes the starting slot receiver and KR right away and could very well become what D. Jackson is for the Eagles.

I believe the Chiefs have 3 picks in the 5 round so I could get a NT there along with other needs like a pass rushing OLB and another OL player, but we are not going that far.

So that was my plan for the Chiefs. I am happy with this draft as I got two playmakers on Off, a young O lineman, and two run stoppers on Def.

kiwitexansfan
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Do we bother consensus picking the pick on the clock?

rmartin65
04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Do we bother consensus picking the pick on the clock?

Nope, the rules state the next teams can pick. And I dont think the time limit is up.

Blake
04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Nope, the rules state the next teams can pick. And I dont think the time limit is up.

JB, go ahead and make your pick. We can fill in a pick for TIJ since he has had 2 days to do so.

JB
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM

JB, go ahead and make your pick. We can fill in a pick for TIJ since he has had 2 days to do so.

Cincinnati Bengals select Anthony Dixon-RB-Mississippi State

Kaiser Toro
04-07-2010, 08:35 AM

That's a good pick this late

Blake
04-07-2010, 08:54 AM

That's a good pick this late

I love this pick. He is third round value, at the end of round 4. wow. I would have taken him earlier this round if Hardesty wasnt available.

Blake
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
32) New Orleans Saints - Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama
95) New Orleans Saints - Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

I suggest an athletic, tall, basketball type TE in Jimmy Graham, Miami.

Dorin Dickerson, TE, Pittsburgh would be a decent choice as well.

Blake
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I gave them Graham.

This concludes the draft!

kiwitexansfan
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Well one down, one to go.