PDA

View Full Version : Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Blake
03-23-2010, 04:51 PM
So, Shaft75 is up?

Yup. We are getting close to the end of the 2nd round actually.

55) Philadelphia - Shaft75 - On the clock. 326pmTues

56) Green Bay - The Pencil Neck

57) Baltimore - Texan4Ever

58) Arizona - awtysst

59) Dallas - Honoring Earl 34

60) Seattle (via/SD) - steelbtexan

61) New York Jets - The Pencil Neck

62) Minnesota - rmartin65

63) Indianapolis - Ole Miss Texan

64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan

Shaft75
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles select Everson Griffen, DE USC

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09Jg8kA1Ct3Ae/610x.jpg

What a value! I feel like I just picked up a bone-in ribeye off a dollar menu at Del Frisco's. :fingergun:

Blake
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Dang Shaft, Spiller AND Griffen... holy hell

Shaft75
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM

NO crap.

Blake
03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
NO crap.

You better bet that If I wasnt drafting for 2 3-4 defense teams, he would be gone lol.

Shaft75
03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
You better bet that If I wasnt drafting for 2 3-4 defense teams, he would be gone lol.

Yeah I was looking at OLB's and wasn't too impressed. Then I remembered that they started Babin last year and all signs pointed to defensive end(LOL).

I was lucky to have him sitting there.

Ole Miss Texan
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM

Thank goodness they're in the NFC East! Oh sh*t we have to play them this year. :runaway:

HOU-TEX
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah I was looking at OLB's and wasn't too impressed. Then I remembered that they started Babin last year and all signs pointed to defensive end(LOL).

I was lucky to have him sitting there.

Not that it should change their draft board, but the Eagles did trade the Seahawks for Darryl Tapp. Yay

steelbtexan
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Man the Gronkowski,Dwyer and Griffen (who will be gone before Philly pick in the real draft) those are great value picks.

Thought about taking Griffen instead of Dunlop with Tampas pick.

Steal of this draft. IMHO

The Pencil Neck
03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
With the 56th pick, the Green Bay Packers select

Dominique Franks, CB

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/511804/medium.jpg

This position is really what the GB fans see as their #1 priority. It was a toss up for me between this guy and Chris Cook.

steelbtexan
03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
With the 56th pick, the Green Bay Packers select

Dominique Franks, CB

http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/511804/medium.jpg

This position is really what the GB fans see as their #1 priority. It was a toss up for me between this guy and Chris Cook.

Good pick

I was hoping Chris Cook fell to the Texans in the 3rd rd. It looks like that's not going to happen.

HOU-TEX
03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Good pick

I was hoping Chris Cook fell to the Texans in the 3rd rd. It looks like that's not going to happen.

IIRC, Cook has character issues. Plus, Mayock said he showed up at his pro day out of shape. Ain't happening, IMO of course.

JB
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Man the Gronkowski,Dwyer and Griffen (who will be gone before Philly pick in the real draft) those are great value picks.

I think we are starting to see just how deep this draft is.

Man, the Patriots are going to make out like bandits...

TexCanada
03-23-2010, 07:05 PM

A lot of people keep saying that "so and so will be gone by this pick", and while I'm sure in some cases that will be true there is just so much talent this year that some great players are going to drop down this late.

awtysst
03-23-2010, 07:13 PM
So I am picking tomorrow morning?

JB
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
So I am picking tomorrow morning?

I would think so, unless the two ahead of you pick quickly and you want to pick tonite.

Texan4Ever
03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
With the 57th pick, the Ravens select....

Jerome Murphy, CB

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/60/604134.jpg

Murphy may have character issues but with the leaders on the Ravens D he could be whipped into shape. He has the raw talent to become a good CB so he is a good risky pick. The Ravens could use some youth at CB and I felt he was the BPA at his position.

steelbtexan
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
With the 57th pick, the Ravens select....

Jerome Murphy, CB

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/60/604134.jpg

Murphy may have character issues but with the leaders on the Ravens D he could be whipped into shape. He has the raw talent to become a good CB so he is a good risky pick. The Ravens could use some youth at CB and I felt he was the BPA at his position.

I liked Spievey and Cook better but if his head is screwed on straight Murphy is as talented as any CB in this draft.

He can upgrade a Ravens secondary that needs help badly.

kiwitexansfan
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
With the 53rd overall pick the New England Patriots select...

RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/11/20/2008417910.jpg

Alot like Fred Taylor, Dwyer is a powerful back with enough speed to break big plays. He will provide youth to a group of running backs that needs it.

I like the pick, if they can get some better offensive balance they will be a better team.

awtysst
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
With the 54th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft, the Arizona Cardinals survey our board. With our first pick we took TCU standout Jerry Hughes to be one of our 3-4 OLB. Of course as everyone knows, the 3-4 D goes and blows based on one important player: the NT. We believe we have found the right man to anchor our new D.

While some may say he is a reach in this spot, but we believe this is the right time to take him. He is a big strong man who can dominate the line of scrimmage and occupy two Olineman. He will be the anchoring NT that will be flanked by 3-4 DTs Darnell Dockins and Calais Campbell.

So, without further ado, GM awtysst and the Arizona Cardinals are proud to present to you our 2nd round pick: Linval Joseph, NT East Carolina.

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Linval-Joseph1.jpg

steelbtexan
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
With the 54th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft, the Arizona Cardinals survey our board. With our first pick we took TCU standout Jerry Hughes to be one of our 3-4 OLB. Of course as everyone knows, the 3-4 D goes and blows based on one important player: the NT. We believe we have found the right man to anchor our new D.

While some may say he is a reach in this spot, but we believe this is the right time to take him. He is a big strong man who can dominate the line of scrimmage and occupy two Olineman. He will be the anchoring NT that will be flanked by 3-4 DTs Darnell Dockins and Calais Campbell.

So, without further ado, GM awtysst and the Arizona Cardinals are proud to present to you our 2nd round pick: Linval Joseph, NT East Carolina.

I was hoping to draft Joseph for the Bucs at the top of the 3rd rd.

If you like a guy it's better to go ahead and take him. Even if it's considered a reach. Rather than having to hope he falls to you a rd. later.

You got your guy, good pick.

Texan4Ever
03-23-2010, 11:06 PM

The Cardinals have Gabe Watson and Alan Branch, two big guys so maybe Joesph can be a role player? High but good pick nonetheless.

awtysst
03-23-2010, 11:17 PM
The Cardinals have Gabe Watson and Alan Branch, two big guys so maybe Joesph can be a role player? High but good pick nonetheless.

I was thinking about having a rotational Dline. Something I have seen in Baltimore is a rotational DL where they will sometimes use a double NT single DE package. In that scheme I have seen Ngata line up in a DE spot and play another large NT in the NT spot with a lighter quicker DE next to him. I could see packages where Joseph, Watson, and Campbell/Dockett are the 3 D-lineman. Watson has played well, but branch has done virtually nothing. Maybe he will step up but he has looked to lack the passion for football, al a certain Texas NT that cannot get off the bench.

awtysst
03-23-2010, 11:19 PM
I was hoping to draft Joseph for the Bucs at the top of the 3rd rd.

If you like a guy it's better to go ahead and take him. Even if it's considered a reach. Rather than having to hope he falls to you a rd. later.

You got your guy, good pick.

Yeah, I really wanted to get him and I thought he would be gone by the end of the second/early third, so I knew I had to take him here. Besides rebuilding your D with jerry hughes and Livinal Joseph is a strong start!

The Pencil Neck
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I really wanted to get him and I thought he would be gone by the end of the second/early third, so I knew I had to take him here. Besides rebuilding your D with jerry hughes and Livinal Joseph is a strong start!

I almost took him with the Packers 2nd.

EDIT: Uh, no. Man, I'm tired. It's been a long day. I wasn't taking him for the Packers. I was considering him for my Jets pick which is coming up.

steelbtexan
03-23-2010, 11:52 PM

Drafting those guys and signing Joey Porter means no more 51-45 games.

Which is a good thing since Leinhart is replacing Warner.

Shaft75
03-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Does everyone else feel like they've had a great draft? Seems like rosters are getting significantly better through the first two rounds. I know I'm loving my eagles and chargers drafts. Especially the eagles with two productive starters at the back end of the rounds.

TexansSeminole
03-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Does everyone else feel like they've had a great draft? Seems like rosters are getting significantly better through the first two rounds. I know I'm loving my eagles and chargers drafts. Especially the eagles with two productive starters at the back end of the rounds.

I feel good about what I got for the Patriots.

OLB Brandon Graham
TE Aaron Hernandez
CB Perrish Cox
RB Jonathan Dwyer

But when you have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, you are going to feel pretty good.

Texan4Ever
03-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Drafting those guys and signing Joey Porter means no more 51-45 games.

Which is a good thing since Leinhart is replacing Warner.

Agreed, the Cardinals are gonna' need to rely more on their defense because I don't expect Leianart to play lights out.

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM

Yeah

Tampa Bay 1.Berry 2A.Dunlop 2B.Benn

Seattle 1A.Bradford 1B. Trent Williams got another pick coming up and I'm going to get to add one of the 2 guys I want.

Not bad drafts at all.

Shaft you've had two great drafts. The Philly one is the best of anybodys. Considering Phillys draft position. You also filled SD main two needs.

Great job

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 12:44 AM
I feel good about what I got for the Patriots.

OLB Brandon Graham
TE Aaron Hernandez
CB Perrish Cox
RB Jonathan Dwyer

But when you have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, you are going to feel pretty good.

Wow the Pats are going to be loaded this year. Even if the draft doesn't fall the way this mock did.

Texan4Ever
03-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Wow the Pats are going to be loaded this year. Even if the draft doesn't fall the way this mock did.

The Pats need players, against the Ravens they gave a half-hearted effort and with Welker being questionable they need another WR to stretch the field and players on defense (Brandon Graham would be nice).

kiwitexansfan
03-24-2010, 12:51 AM
I know I'm finding it hard not having a 2nd rounder and seeing other teams get better while sitting on the sidelines....

Wolf6151
03-24-2010, 01:29 AM

It seems every team is getting much better due to the talent level of this draft. I've got the N.Y. Giants and I chose Brian Price-DT in the 1st round but only because Rolando McClain and Dan Williams were both gone, but N.Y. likes playing 2 UT who penetrate and get after the QB so he fits their system pretty well. I got Brandon Spikes-MLB in the 2nd round and he also fills a major need for them and is 1st round talent that drops to the 2nd round because of the eye coughing incident, he'll be a stud MLB in the NFL. These 2 picks will do wonders to fix the middle of their D-line and their ability to stop the run.

I just hope that Smith/Kubiak can do as well in the real draft as HOU-TEX has done in this mock, get at least 2 starters maybe 3 from this draft, and most of all don't F it up by picking project players that we have to wait years to develop.

The Pencil Neck
03-24-2010, 01:34 AM
This is why I'd love for the Texans to drop back and get some more picks for this draft. This draft is going to be serious in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The Packer's draft:

Bruce Campbell, OT
Dominique Franks, CB

I think that's a good job of hitting their needs but I made a huge mistake not taking Spiller instead of Franks. AND Campbell has such a high possibility of busting. So I'm not feeling great but that's not because I didn't have the chance to make better picks. :(

The Jet's Draft:

Jared Odrick, DE

I've still got a pick coming up for the Jets in the 2nd round and I'm going to get a player I want no matter how the guys in front of me pick. And I think Odrick was a great pick for them. So I'm feeling good about the Jets.

TexansSeminole
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
59) Dallas - Honoring Earl 34

60) Seattle (via/SD) - steelbtexan

61) New York Jets - The Pencil Neck

62) Minnesota - rmartin65

63) Indianapolis - Ole Miss Texan

64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
The Cowboys are are feeling this draft didn't quite break the way they wanted . Oh well ... when life gives you lemons you make lemonade and add some rum while taking the highest ranked player on the board . The Cowboys now have two possible 1st round OL and take Rodger Saffold T/G ... party on Jerry .

http://www.celebrityclubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/JerryJonesdrunk.jpg

Blake
03-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Picks have been updated.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Seattle are kinda like the Texans. They have so many holes to fill. If I had known about the SD trade before this draft started I wouldn't have taken Bradford.

With that said with the 60th pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Morgan Burnett. S Ga Tech.

Seattle doesn't have a starting caliber S after letting Deion Grant go. Burnett is a 1st rd talent in most drafts. He is a good hitter with good coverage skills. Burnett is a heady type leader who will have a solid 10 yr career.

The Hawks dont have a 3rd rd pick so their done with this mock. But they do have two 4th rd picks. They can use them to fill the holes at WR,RB or DE.

Bradford, T.Williams and Burnett not a bad haul.

TPN and the NYJ are on the clock.

The Pencil Neck
03-24-2010, 10:47 AM
I'd like to thank the Seahawks for making this pick easier for me. Burnett was definitely on my radar at this pick.

And after reading through some different site's ideas about what the Jet's needs are, I have to admit that I'm not agreeing with the Fans I've talked to.

Rex Ryan needs more toys on the outside. The only real question is, which toy?

This one:

Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1171/1322472737_c7d601ace1.jpg

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
If the draft falls this way the Jets are going to have a great defense next year.

Ryan will have that team going deep into the playoffs. In fact I predict a Super Bowl appearance if they stay healthy.

Cromartie, Odrick and Sapp are 3 really good players that make a really good defense potentially great.

Wolf6151
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Seattle are kinda like the Texans. They have so many holes to fill. If I had known about the SD trade before this draft started I wouldn't have taken Bradford.

With that said with the 60th pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Morgan Burnett. S Ga Tech.

Seattle doesn't have a starting caliber S after letting Deion Grant go. Burnett is a 1st rd talent in most drafts. He is a good hitter with good coverage skills. Burnett is a heady type leader who will have a solid 10 yr career.

The Hawks dont have a 3rd rd pick so their done with this mock. But they do have two 4th rd picks. They can use them to fill the holes at WR,RB or DE.

Bradford, T.Williams and Burnett not a bad haul.

TPN and the NYJ are on the clock.

I can't believe that Burnett fell this far. I don't believe that he's going to have a solid career, I think he's going to have a very good career. He's got great closing speed, plays the run very well, good coverage ability, and is tough. I see some possible Pro Bowls in his future.

HOU-TEX
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I can't believe that Burnett fell this far. I don't believe that he's going to have a solid career, I think he's going to have a very good career. He's got great closing speed, plays the run very well, good coverage ability, and is tough. I see some possible Pro Bowls in his future.

If we end up going RB in the 1st round, he's the one I'd like to see us target in the 2nd. I like him too.

TexCanada
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
If we end up going RB in the 1st round, he's the one I'd like to see us target in the 2nd. I like him too.

So if you could choose between Wilson/Tate or Mathews/Burnett, which duo would you choose?

Ole Miss Texan
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Who do I send my list to, I won't be around for my pick.

Blake
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Who do I send my list to, I won't be around for my pick.

Texan4ever or myself.

JB
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
So if you could choose between Wilson/Tate or Mathews/Burnett, which duo would you choose?

I would prefer Wilson/Tate because I think CB is a bigger need than FS.

That being said, Thomas/Tate is want I really want...

TexCanada
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
I would prefer Wilson/Tate because I think CB is a bigger need than FS.

That being said, Thomas/Tate is want I really want...

And use Thomas as a CB then?

Wolf6151
03-24-2010, 12:38 PM

You made the right choice for the Texans with Wilson/Tate. If we went RB in the 1st round and took Burnett in the 2nd then who would be our #1 CB because none of the guys we currently have are good enough. If we don't choose a good CB in this draft then we're going to get lit up next year by opposing QB's.

HOU-TEX
03-24-2010, 12:48 PM

LOL, come on man. Everybody should know my stance on that by now. :winky:

Wilson/Tate, no question.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2010, 12:50 PM
LOL, come on man. Everybody should know my stance on that by now. :winky:

Wilson/Tate, no question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE&feature=related

HOU-TEX
03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE&feature=related

:foottap:

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
:foottap:

What ... Wilson and Tate are good picks .

In fact , I think those picks would allow most Texan fans to sleep well until camp starts .

rmartin65
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Whoa, I am up. Then without further ado, the Minnesota Vikings select Indiana (PA) CB/FS Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/17/akwasiowusuansah.jpg

The Vikings need help in the secondary. One of their top corners, Griffin, is out with a knee injury, the other is 33 years old, and their FS (Williams) is one of the weak links of the D. AOA could play either of those positions, depending on what the Vikings need more.

Enter Owusu-Ansah. He is a supremely gifted athlete that shut down half the field last year, in addition to being a fantastic returner. He is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands.

A little high-light clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWyHc-KGp6c

Blake
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Ole Miss Texan takes Tyson Alualu, DT, California for the Indianapolis Colts.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/15643-1/TysonAlualu.jpg

Last pick in round 2: 64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan on the clock.

Wolf6151
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Good pick Super Mario, he fits their defensive style of play and fills a need at DT.

rmartin65, I'm thinking this is to early for AOA and that he's more likely a 3rd round pick in reality. He reminds me of Antwaun Molden, small school guy with great combine numbers but is lost in the NFL because of the jump in level of competition. I see him as a project for a team that can afford to let him sit on the bench for a year and learn.

rmartin65
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
rmartin65, I'm thinking this is to early for AOA and that he's more likely a 3rd round pick in reality. He reminds me of Antwaun Molden, small school guy with great combine numbers but is lost in the NFL because of the jump in level of competition. I see him as a project for a team that can afford to let him sit on the bench for a year and learn.

I wanted him, so I got him. The Vikings need secondary help. AOA will provide that help, he is the best corner available in the draft, and he would not be there by the time my third rolls around.

Honoring Earl 34
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I wanted him, so I got him. The Vikings need secondary help. AOA will provide that help, he is the best corner available in the draft, and he would not be there by the time my third rolls around.

He was one of the guys that I was debating . When it was my turn , he was considered because of his talent , then I decided not to .

Blake
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Good pick Super Mario, he fits their defensive style of play and fills a need at DT.

That was actually a pick by OMT, but I will take any credit I can get. :hurrah:

Texan4Ever
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Ole Miss Texan takes Tyson Alualu, DT, California for the Indianapolis Colts.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/15643-1/TysonAlualu.jpg

Last pick in round 2: 64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan on the clock.

Nice pick, I've been really high on this guy and I don't understand why he doesn't get more attention. He had a much more productive career at DT then Brian Price and others in those ranks. Fast, quick, non-stop motor guy.

Blake
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
To verify, everyone is doing a 3rd round?

rmartin65
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Yep, I think we all signed up for 4 with potential for more.

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Yep

HOU-TEX
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
To verify, everyone is doing a 3rd round?

I'm in for as long as y'all want to go with this rascal. :)

kiwitexansfan
03-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm keen for at least four rounds...

Blake
03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I like Section516's Browns draft so far. Eric Berry and Patrick Robinson.

A team that needs secondary help bad, got some serious help. Of course they need help everywhere.

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Tampa drafted Eric Berry.

Cleveland drafted Thomas. Still not a bad haul.

Shaft75
03-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm down for three.

TexCanada
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Must be getting close to the deadline for the next pick?

Texan4Ever
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Must be getting close to the deadline for the next pick?

Texan In Japan gets on usually, but we're only doing this until 11 PM CT and then the draft closes untill the enxt day at 8 AM CT.

steelbtexan
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Texan In Japan gets on usually, but we're only doing this until 11 PM CT and then the draft closes untill the enxt day at 8 AM CT.

Can TiJ put in his pick overnite?

JB
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Can TiJ put in his pick overnite?

I dont think this MB shuts down over-nite...

Texan in Japan
03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
With the final pick in the 2nd round the N.O. Saints select Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida St. They looked at S and RB, but felt there was more value in 3rd and 4th round. They really like Watson and had him as the #3 OLB on their board.

Lets get the 3rd round going!

Texan4Ever
03-25-2010, 12:24 AM
With the final pick in the 2nd round the N.O. Saints select Dekoda Watson, OLB, Florida St. They looked at S and RB, but felt there was more value in 3rd and 4th round. They really like Watson and had him as the #3 OLB on their board.

Lets get the 3rd round going!

Never heard of this guy, what made you pick him?

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 12:55 AM

IIRC, he was the LB with the 2nd fastest 40 time at the combine.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 12:56 AM

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010OLB.php

Dekoda Watson, Florida State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Combine 40 Time: 4.53.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.40.
Benchx225: 24. Vertical: 40.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.
3/2/10: Dekoda Watson made some money at the Combine. Despite weighing 240 pounds, Watson had the second-fastest 40 of all the linebackers, running it in 4.53 seconds. He also had 24 reps and 40 inches on the vertical jump.

1/8/10: An undersized weakside linebacker, but that hasn't hurt other players of that ilk coming out of Florida State in the past (Derrick Brooks, Ernie Sims). Dekoda Watson, an All-ACC Second Team member, recorded 65 tackles, 13 TFL and 6.5 sacks.

It's good pick and a good place for him round-wise.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010OLB.php

It's good pick and a good place for him round-wise.

Watson ran a 4.40 and 4.46 at the FSU pro day. He dropped like 15 pounds down to 226 between the Combine and the pro day. The thing about Watson is that he struggled in man coverage in college so his speed hasn't really translated on the field. He can run down a play, but isn't what you'd expect in coverage.

BTW, Patrick Robinson ran a 4.40 and 4.44 at the FSU pro day.

beerlover
03-25-2010, 02:20 AM

how did he look in drills?

76Texan
03-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Watson ran a 4.40 and 4.46 at the FSU pro day. He dropped like 15 pounds down to 226 between the Combine and the pro day. The thing about Watson is that he struggled in man coverage in college so his speed hasn't really translated on the field. He can run down a play, but isn't what you'd expect in coverage.

Me like Patrick.
He looks very fluid, with nice hip actions and turns.
Not very good in run support, but this guy can cover.
He fits well in the Texans press coverage scheme.

Blake
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Round 3

65) St. Louis Rams - pbat488

66) Detroit Lions - Kaiser Toro

67) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - steelbtexan

68) Kansas City Chiefs - jgl35

69) Oakland Raiders - Texan In Japan

HOU-TEX
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Let's go y'all, let's get this thing rollin again

Blake
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Let's go y'all, let's get this thing rollin again

Seriously. If you are coming up in the next 5 picks either be available or PM your top 5 to texan4ever or myself.

Its taken us 2 weeks to do 2 rounds...

Blake
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
PM from pbat488.

I am gonna select Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State for St. Louis.

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/navorro_bowman_sm1.jpg

If for some god awful reason texan in japan selects him, I'll hopefully have a backup in mind by the time I get off work, as I have been targeting bowman for the Rams as he is a great upgrade and value for them at this point in the draft.

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Seriously. If you are coming up in the next 5 picks either be available or PM your top 5 to texan4ever or myself.

Its taken us 2 weeks to do 2 rounds...

I agree

To keep things moving I suggest that between 8am and 10pm if a pick hasn't been made or a list hasn't been submitted a group pick should be made.

I mean if you get off the computer at 7:00 pm and you're 5/10 picks away dont you think maybe you should look at the computer 1st thing in the morning just to see how many people made picks overnite and PM a list of your picks if you're going to be busy that day?

Is that called a courtesy?

When do we start making suggestions for pbats pick?

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
With the 2nd pick in the 3rd Round the Lions select Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

http://media.mlive.com/college_gr_impact/photo/jared-veldheer-25jpg-64191ac1b0b29bb4_medium.jpg

Blake
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
67) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - steelbtexan

68) Kansas City Chiefs - jgl35

70) Philadelphia Eagles (via/SEA) - Shaft75

71) Cleveland Browns - section516

pbat488
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
PM from pbat488.

I am gonna select Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State for St. Louis.

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/navorro_bowman_sm1.jpg

If for some god awful reason texan in japan selects him, I'll hopefully have a backup in mind by the time I get off work, as I have been targeting bowman for the Rams as he is a great upgrade and value for them at this point in the draft.

If the draft didn't stop at 11pm last night, I could've made my pick, but with a Reservoir Engineering test at 8 am, I didn't worry too much about my pick since I did properly PM it to SM.. with that said, here was my actual write-up I made for last night but never posted...

With the 65th pick of the 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn State

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009/09/large_bowman.jpg

Reasoning: He's had problems off the field which have caused him to slide in most draft analysts opinions, but he has 1st round talent. At this point, it's too great of value not to take him, though I do have worries about how he will behave and conduct himself off the field. However, with young, fiery leaders like Laurinaitis, Long, McCoy* and being coached by Spags, I believe they will be able to keep him in check and he will provide an enormous upgrade immediately over what the Rams have currently at WLB.

* = as per this mock draft

On a side note, I think Bowman, if able to be had in the 3rd, would be a guy I wouldn't mind the Texans taking and replacing Diles with. I know ZD has been a solid starter for us, especially as a 7th rounder, but Cushing, Ryans, and Bowman would instantly be a (if not the) top LB corps in the league imo, with great depth at each position to boot. Also, if the McNabb to Rams trade rumors turn out to be true, this draft I have done so far seems to work well with the picks I've made, though I read that they included their second in the trade, so we'll see what comes.

kiwitexansfan
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
With the 2nd pick in the 3rd Round the Lions select Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

http://media.mlive.com/college_gr_impact/photo/jared-veldheer-25jpg-64191ac1b0b29bb4_medium.jpg

Not only have I know knowledge of the player (although I think I have seen the name) but I haven't even heard of the school.

Not a judgement against your pick, more a comment on my lack of awareness of the college football world.

rmartin65
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM

Great pick. He is a legit player, and this is about the right place to draft him.

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
That sound your hearing is Tampa Bay running their card to the podium.

With the 67th pick in the NFL draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Lamarr Houston DT University of Texas.

Houston is a perfect fit for the Tampa 2 defense. Think Tommie Harris.

Tampa's haul for the first 3 rds

1.Berry
2.Dunlop
2.Benn
3.Houston

Tampa Bay has filled holes on their defense with some of the most athletic playmakers in this draft and gotten Freeman a weapon (Benn) at WR.

I hope this draft goes 4 or 5 rds. There's so much talent available.

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Pbat you can make your pick after 11:00pm

How do you think you did on your test?

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM

Must be a great pick.

Rmartin65 knows his small school guys and if he says he's a player he must be good.

I know he tested well at the combine and is a big guy.

pbat488
03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Pbat you can make your pick after 11:00pm

How do you think you did on your test?

Oh, thought it was stopped at 11 and restarted at 8, I'm dumb.. and now thinking about it, whats to stop me from posting at that time other than my own dumbness? lol

And I feel pretty confident about my test, though my teachers a dick and threw us a curveball by giving us only one problem with specific parameters we'd never seen before but could find if using proper formulae and conversions. Still, a pain in the ass that didn't really gauge us on what we'd been doing for the past two weeks, but rather how well do you remember this crap from last years spring semester. :pissed:

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Not only have I know knowledge of the player (although I think I have seen the name) but I haven't even heard of the school.

Not a judgement against your pick, more a comment on my lack of awareness of the college football world.

He actually went 63rd in the Walter Football mock of 3/16.

Not that I'd heard of either of them either.

kiwitexansfan
03-25-2010, 01:34 PM
It's amazing really. I've been big boarding my Falcons picks coming up and I used 3 different top 100 players lists from various sites to get a list going.

I was stunned by the differences in the list and the LARGE amount of players people have drafted that don't appear in any of the top 100 lists I have looked at.

Each to their own I guess.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
It's amazing really. I've been big boarding my Falcons picks coming up and I used 3 different top 100 players lists from various sites to get a list going.

I was stunned by the differences in the list and the LARGE amount of players people have drafted that don't appear in any of the top 100 lists I have looked at.

Each to their own I guess.

I've just been using a combination of Walter Football and the 2010NFLMockCreator spreadsheet someone posted not too long ago. So far, I haven't had any unknowns.

Shaft75
03-25-2010, 04:19 PM
bump

kiwitexansfan
03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Six hours seems a long time.....

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah maybe we can get everyone to agree to shorten the time period to 4 hrs or leave a PM list.

After 4 hrs make a group pick. That would keep things going faster.

kiwitexansfan
03-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah maybe we can get everyone to agree to shorten the time period to 4 hrs or leave a PM list.

After 4 hrs make a group pick. That would keep things going faster.

I would agree to this. Then again, I'm near a computer 24/7 and don't have much else to do but check the boards.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Who's up? Texan In Japan with the Raiders?

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh, thought it was stopped at 11 and restarted at 8, I'm dumb.. and now thinking about it, whats to stop me from posting at that time other than my own dumbness? lol

And I feel pretty confident about my test, though my teachers a dick and threw us a curveball by giving us only one problem with specific parameters we'd never seen before but could find if using proper formulae and conversions. Still, a pain in the ass that didn't really gauge us on what we'd been doing for the past two weeks, but rather how well do you remember this crap from last years spring semester. :pissed:

Dont worry about it

Sometimes it seems to me that professors like to psee how hard they can make it for students. While not really teaching them anything.

Shaft75
03-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Is it too early to start grading?:bravo:

jgl35
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Guess K.C. is up. If so they select Chad Jones S LSU.
Jones is a good run defender, which the Chiefs need at Safety. I watch a lot of LSU football and thought Jones should have stayed in school and develop his pass defense skills more. Jones is still a good tackler and run defender and will get pro coaching of pass defense.

Shaft75
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Do I really have to wait for Texan in Japan???:gun:

I'm ready. I don't think the Raiders will be picking the same as me. Or I can wait... Whatever...

Shaft75
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Guess K.C. is up. If so they select Chad Jones S LSU.
Jones is a good run defender, which the Chiefs need at Safety. I watch a lot of LSU football and thought Jones should have stayed in school and develop his pass defense skills more. Jones is still a good tackler and run defender and will get pro coaching of pass defense.

I really dislike the dude. He shut down the Horns(pitching) when they played LSU in the Title game. He also turned down the Stros for a big contract back in the day. This guy must really hate TX.

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Is it too early to start grading?:bravo:

I cant figure out who drafted who but

Your Eagles,Lions,Bucs,Pats,Chargers,Browns,49ers,Steel ers,Cowgirls,Ravens Cardinals,Jets and Texans have done very well.

Since that's about half the teams I would say it's to early to start grading. But yes the Eagles are at the top of the pack right now. IMHO

What do you think of my Tampa and Seattle drafts?

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm ready. I don't think the Raiders will be picking the same as me. Or I can wait... Whatever...

LOL

You're on a roll.

Shaft75
03-25-2010, 07:20 PM
LOL

You're on a roll.

:gamer:

I know. Just slightly impatient.

BTW - I love the Tampa draft. You put Berry, Dunlap, and Houston on the field. Wow. Defense just got incredibly better. Benn offsets the loss of Bryant. If they only had a qb...

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe Freeman will improve in his 2nd year.

Benn should help in that regard.

Blake
03-25-2010, 08:03 PM

I assume TIJ will be posting around midnight. So First thing in the morning you will be on the clock with section516 on deck.

TexansSeminole
03-25-2010, 09:22 PM
how did he look in drills?

I have no idea, I haven't had the time to read much about the pro day as far as analysis. I've only been able to look at the numbers.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh man I'm getting anxious... Jacksonville would be calling Oakland/Philly in real life. phone is ringing buddies...

Texan4Ever
03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
No offense but the Raiders taking Clausen is a bit of a head scratcher (not saying thats the only pick I disagree with), but so far the mock is going really well.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
So, where are we at? Who's up? What were the recent picks? I'm confuzzled.

awtysst
03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Will I pick tomorrow morning or can I make my pick after work?

steelbtexan
03-25-2010, 11:00 PM
You can make your pick after work.

The clock doesn't stop if it's your turn to pick. But if your turn comes up overnite you and your asleep and cant pick you dont go on the clock until 8:00am.

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 12:14 AM
So, where are we at? Who's up? What were the recent picks? I'm confuzzled.

The way I understand it right now Texan in Japan is on the clock for the last 5 hours, but the clock has stopped at 11:00 pm CT.

70) Philadelphia Eagles (via/SEA) - Shaft75

72) Buffalo Bills - awtysst

73) Miami Dolphins - JB

74) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

Texan in Japan
03-26-2010, 12:16 AM
With their 3rd rd pick OAK selects Donald Butler, LB, Washington.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 12:18 AM

So Shaft75 and the Iggles are up.

Whew.

I think I've got it straight now.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 12:21 AM

So... you like him better than Angerer, Lee, or Spikes?

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 12:25 AM
So... you like him better than Angerer, Lee, or Spikes?

Brandon Spikes is gone, I took him in the 2nd round for the Giants.

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 12:27 AM

They were talking on ESPN today about he is sliding down to the 4th or 5th round.

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 12:28 AM

Another guy who is not in the top 100 players in the sites I looked on.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 12:34 AM

Yep. I misread my own board. :)

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Another guy who is not in the top 100 players in the sites I looked on.

WalterFootball has him as a 5-6th round pick.

In one spreadsheet I have, he's ranked 150.

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 12:37 AM
They were talking on ESPN today about he is sliding down to the 4th or 5th round.

I read that a few days ago as well, before I picked him so it was an informed decision, because he ran slow 40 times at his pro day. MLB in a 4-3 doesn't need a real fast 40 time though since he's primarily playing the run and might take the TE in pass coverage for a short underneath route. His game speed has always been good though so I'm not worried about it.

Texan4Ever
03-26-2010, 01:46 AM
I read that a few days ago as well, before I picked him so it was an informed decision, because he ran slow 40 times at his pro day. MLB in a 4-3 doesn't need a real fast 40 time though since he's primarily playing the run and might take the TE in pass coverage for a short underneath route. His game speed has always been good though so I'm not worried about it.

His swagger and attitude is a concern, but that can be fixed when he is humbled by a running back who trucks him to the end zone or if he gets knocked the $hit out of.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 08:21 AM
You can make your pick after work.

The clock doesn't stop if it's your turn to pick. But if your turn comes up overnite you and your asleep and cant pick you dont go on the clock until 8:00am.

Ok. So now that the Raiders have picked, there are 2 ahead of me. Ok. Good I can make my pick when i get home today!

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Ok. So now that the Raiders have picked, there are 2 ahead of me. Ok. Good I can make my pick when i get home today!

Just remember that if the 2 ahead of you make their picks quickly ie: 8:00 and 8:05, then your on the 6 hour clock as of 8:05. Your clock starts when the person before you makes their pick. PM a list of players to SuperMario or Texan4Ever so that you get who you want and the board doesn't pick for you.

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I've always liked Spikes, should be a good fit in NY. I think he suffered the same fate William Moore did last year. Both were flirting with the idea of declaring early but stayed for their senior year, then didn't light it up. Spikes was thought to be a 1st round guy, maybe even top 20, last year. But of course that was before all the offseason events too, so who knows what would have happened.

Blake
03-26-2010, 11:02 AM

I assume TIJ will be posting around midnight. So First thing in the morning you will be on the clock with section516 on deck.

C'mon Shaft. If you know that TIJ posts durring the night, please try and make your pick first thing in the morning, or send your pick to us to proxy for you.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Just remember that if the 2 ahead of you make their picks quickly ie: 8:00 and 8:05, then your on the 6 hour clock as of 8:05. Your clock starts when the person before you makes their pick. PM a list of players to SuperMario or Texan4Ever so that you get who you want and the board doesn't pick for you.

By my calculation it is now 11:15 CST. Which means if the next two picks come in the next minute I have until 515 CST to make my pick! I should be off work at that point(and hopefully a bit earlier)! SWEET!

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Give me a SEC

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
The Eagles select John Jerry, OG Ole Miss

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blogs/legacy/2009/06/jj92.jpg

Just seemed like a natural choice for me. Just another massive NFC East interior lineman. Not much that I really liked at LB or S.

awtysst
Ok, i will be offline for the next few hours, but I should be able to make my pick before my deadline, seeing that is now 5:20 PM CST at the absolute earliest.

Blake

Just seemed like a natural choice for me. Just another massive NFC East interior lineman. Not much that I really liked at LB or S.

Good choice. The Ealges are a perfect fit for a mauler like Jerry.

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 12:19 PM
C'mon Shaft. If you know that TIJ posts durring the night, please try and make your pick first thing in the morning, or send your pick to us to proxy for you.

Dude, I was ready to pick yesterday. Been a busy day this morning.

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2010, 12:19 PM

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blogs/legacy/2009/06/jj92.jpg

Awesome choice!
Ok, i will be offline for the next few hours, but I should be able to make my pick before my deadline, seeing that is now 5:20 PM CST at the absolute earliest.
Why don't you just PM your pick(s) to super mario?

Blake
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM

Can you send your choice with a brief writeup to me? I will post it for you while you are gone.

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM

Very good pick for the Eagles, they like their O-linemen huge and he's a good one.

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Awesome choice!

How did I know you would like that one?

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
How did I know you would like that one?
Haha, right? He just screams Philly or Dallas to me, maybe even Pittsburgh.

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty happy with my Eagles draft. I just need to find a starter at OLB somewhere in the later rounds. Maybe I need to call up Rick Smith to see who the next Zach Diles is.

Blake
03-26-2010, 01:34 PM

72) Buffalo Bills - awtysst

73) Miami Dolphins - JB

74) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

75) Chicago Bears - pbat488

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Batter up

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
I've always thought that a good game is a fast game.

Blake
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty happy with my Eagles draft. I just need to find a starter at OLB somewhere in the later rounds. Maybe I need to call up Rick Smith to see who the next Zach Diles is.

Roddrick Muckelroy of Texas, or maybe Brandon Lang of Troy could play OLB for the iggles.

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Roddrick Muckelroy of Texas, or maybe Brandon Lang of Troy could play OLB for the iggles.

What about Norwood out of SC?

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
It's been at least 5 hrs. since the Eagles picked, anyone know the exact time? Anyone have a pick for the Cleveland Browns? I have no idea what they need.

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
it's been at least 5 hrs. Since the eagles picked, anyone know the exact time? Anyone have a pick for the cleveland browns? I have no idea what they need.

qb, rb, wr, rg, rt, de, olb, ilb, cb, ss?

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Tebow!!

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
According to my calculations, 6 hours runs out in 10 minutes and I would be able to make my pick at that time.

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Tebow!!

Please edit, delete or blow up this post. Tebow is awful. He's over rated and has WAY too much to learn.
He would be a terrible pick.

Signed,
Jacksonville

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok. Its official. 6 hours have now passed. Can I get an official ruling that I can go ahead and make my pick?

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Cleveland needs a RG, lets give them Mitch Petrus-OG highest rated OG at this time.

If people aren't willing to PM their list to SuperMario or Texan4Ever then they should be skipped when the 6hr. time limit is up.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Cleveland needs a RG, lets give them Mitch Petrus-OG highest rated OG at this time.

While yall are debating can I make my pick? Kinda like the NFL draft where if a team misses its pick, the next team goes in and can pick.

IE pulling a Minnesota.

Wolf6151
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
While yall are debating can I make my pick? Kinda like the NFL draft where if a team misses its pick, the next team goes in and can pick.

IE pulling a Minnesota.

I agree and I've got no problem with it but I think we need a ruling from Texan4Ever or SuperMario.

rmartin65
03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I like the idea of other teams picking. It is like real life.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I like the idea of other teams picking. It is like real life.

See the thing is, I don't think its a fair situation if the clock expires and I am on the clock, but am unable to pick until there is a pick assigned to the previous team and then through the course of debate the top pick on my board gets picked.

In a real life situation, when Minnesota missed their picks, the next two teams ran up to the podium. I am standing at the podium ready to hand in my card.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree and I've got no problem with it but I think we need a ruling from Texan4Ever or SuperMario.

Just my luck...they are both offline!!!

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM

If people aren't willing to PM their list to SuperMario or Texan4Ever then they should be skipped when the 6hr. time limit is up.

Forgive me, but I will not participate in the discussion of the other team's pick until mine is made. I do not want to risk losing my top choice.

JB
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Forgive me, but I will not participate in the discussion of the other team's pick until mine is made. I do not want to risk losing my top choice.

Yeah! and you stay away from my pick!
I feel the same.

awtysst
03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I have to head out for a couple of hours in 5 minutes or so. I am going to go ahead and make my pick. If I ruffle some feathers, so be it. I will deal with the repercussions later.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, go ahead and make it.

I just got off work and I'll do a little research and we can start talking about Cleveland's pick.

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I have to head out for a couple of hours in 5 minutes or so. I am going to go ahead and make my pick. If I ruffle some feathers, so be it. I will deal with the repercussions later.

don't do it man...

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
For Cleveland, I'd say:

1. Dexter McCluster, WR/RB/PR
2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Damian Williams, WR

JB
03-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Yeah, go ahead and make it.

I just got off work and I'll do a little research and we can start talking about Cleveland's pick.

don't do it man...

Do It! Do It! Just Do It!!

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 07:00 PM
For Cleveland, I'd say:

2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Damian Williams, WR

:cutthroat:

JB
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
For Cleveland, I'd say:

2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Damian Williams, WR

Mods delete that post!..

j/k

JB
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
For Cleveland, I'd say:

2. Koa Misi, OLB
3. Damian Williams, WR

:cutthroat:

Mods delete that post!..

j/k

Boy, doesn't that open a can of worms... you may be in trouble...:clown:

awtysst
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
With the Cleveland Browns not making a pick in the agreed, predetermined, sanctioned 6 hour time block, the Buffalo Bills are now on the clock and ready to make our pick.

Both of previous picks have been made to strengthen our D and help us to convert to a 3-4. The next pick makes the conversion seamless. We already have Big Dan Williams at the Nose, Schoebel and K Williams at the DE spots. The middle LB spots are manned by Posluszny and Scott. Maybin is one of the OLBs. 2nd round pick, McCOutry and McKelvin are the cbs, Bryd and Wilson are the safetys. We are missing one OLB. Fortunately for us, an excellent 3-4 LB is waiting for us here in the 3rd round. He was an integral member of the strong Utah Defense. Thats right, the Buffalo Bills are proud to select Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah!

http://www.vx50.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/381_campbellsnug.jpg

JB
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Nice pick!

awtysst
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Nice pick!

Yeah, I thought that the group would give him to Cleveland!

JB
03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Taking advantage of the lapse by the Cleveland Browns, the Miami Dolphins run to the podium with their next pick....

Damian Williams, 6-1/190

Wide Receiver

USC

From WalterFootball's Matt McGuire:

Williams is the kind of wide receiver I love watching tape on. He is very polished and well ahead of the pack, meaning he could contribute immediately in the NFL. With Williams' talent level and work ethic, he has a great foundation to be a star receiver in the NFL.
Player Comparison: Jimmy Smith. Smith was that very rare route-runner you just don't find very often. Williams might be the best route-runner I have seen in four years of scouting.
http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dwilliams.php

Shaft75
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
With the Cleveland Browns not making a pick in the agreed, predetermined, sanctioned 6 hour time block, the Buffalo Bills are now on the clock and ready to make our pick.

Both of previous picks have been made to strengthen our D and help us to convert to a 3-4. The next pick makes the conversion seamless. We already have Big Dan Williams at the Nose, Schoebel and K Williams at the DE spots. The middle LB spots are manned by Posluszny and Scott. Maybin is one of the OLBs. 2nd round pick, McCOutry and McKelvin are the cbs, Bryd and Wilson are the safetys. We are missing one OLB. Fortunately for us, an excellent 3-4 LB is waiting for us here in the 3rd round. He was an integral member of the strong Utah Defense. Thats right, the Buffalo Bills are proud to select Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah!

http://www.vx50.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/381_campbellsnug.jpg

:pissed:

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Do we have a consensus for the Browns pick?

How about Colt McCoy? They really need a QB

or

Jahvid Best to replace Lewis?

JB
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Do we have a consensus for the Browns pick?

How about Colt McCoy? They really need a QB

I don't think we have enough for a consensus of anything, but Colt would be a great pick for them. I have heard they are looking at him in the second or maybe even bottom of the first.

edit: found the link

On Tuesday morning, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that the Browns' interest in McCoy is "real," and that it's quite possible they'll use that high second-round pick to take him, or package some picks together to move into the bottom of the first round to snag him. Cleveland currently has three third-rounders and four fifth-rounders to play with, and Browns coach Eric Mangini hinted to the Cleveland Plain Dealer that another deal (possibly involving the pick they acquired for Kamerion Wimbley) could be forthcoming.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?date=20100323#4362

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I think he is value for them at this spot and when your alternative is Delholme you really want your quarterback of the future sooner than later.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm cool with McCoy if that's how everyone wants to go.

(And it's funny that I hit two of your guys' picks.)

JB
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm cool with McCoy if that's how everyone wants to go.

(And it's funny that I hit two of your guys' picks.)

I don't think that the few of us should make the pick for another team. If Texan4ever or Super Mario want to make the pick thats fine.

And if whoever is up next wants to go ahead and pick, I'm cool with that too.

Kaiser Toro
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
McCoy for the Browns/Holmgren sounds right.

JB
03-26-2010, 08:24 PM
McCoy for the Browns/Holmgren sounds right.

If you want pencil him in....Jaguars on the clock 7:24pm

steelbtexan
03-26-2010, 08:25 PM
McCoy or Thaddeus Gibson would be my choices for the Browns.

I can see the case for McCoy.

Gibson is a pass rushing OLB. The Browns LB corps is possibly the worst in the NFL. The Browns fixed the seconday in rds 1/2. If they are going to fix the LB corps Gibson would be agood place to start.

Blake
03-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Cleveland Browns select Jahvid Best.

BPA. First round talent. Third round injury concerns. He will pair with Jerome Harrison who had a decent year, but that was 7 starts. We dont know how he would hold up for 16 starts.

Blake
03-26-2010, 09:08 PM
74) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan - On the clock. 8pmFri

75) Chicago Bears - pbat488

76) New York Giants - Wolf6151

77) Tennessee Titans - kiwitexansfan

78) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8

kiwitexansfan
03-26-2010, 09:26 PM

BPA. First round talent. Third round injury concerns. He will pair with Jerome Harrison who had a decent year, but that was 7 starts. We dont know how he would hold up for 16 starts.

He probably was BPA.

JB
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Are you forgetting they also have James Davis and recently traded for Hillis?

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
He probably was BPA.

I had Best as the 2nd BPA on my board. So. Yeah. Close enough for rock and roll.

Blake
03-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Are you forgetting they also have James Davis and recently traded for Hillis?

While all are unproven, it sounds like they have some good options at running back next year.

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2010, 01:14 AM
If I could please get all of you to bow your heads in prayer before the next pick. Thank you, and with the 74th selection in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars are pleased to announce the newest member of the Jaguar family: Tim Tebow, Seat-Filler/Merchandise-Seller, Florida. Amen.

http://stevewebel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tebow-heisman-wnole.jpg

Texan4Ever
03-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Did the Browns get Koa Misi or Javid Best? Seems like they drafted twice...

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Did the Browns get Koa Misi or Javid Best? Seems like they drafted twice...
The time expired during Cleveland's pick so it skipped them. Buffalo selected Misi and then Cleveland picked up Best.

pbat488
03-27-2010, 03:24 AM
With the 75th pick of the 2010 NFL Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Darrell-Stuckey.jpg

Reasoning: Stuckey fits into the safety mold that a Chicago defense requires. He reminds me alot of Mike Brown, and should be able to move in from day 1 and improve the weakened Chicago D. He has the speed and ability to fit exactly into the current "Chicago"-2.

Wolf6151
03-27-2010, 07:47 AM
With the 76th pick in the 2010 draft the N.Y. Giants select J.D. Walton-C from Baylor. The Giants currently have Shaun O'Hara playing C and he's 32 yoa and will be 33 yoa before training camp opens. Walton will most likely sit a year behind O'Hara to learn the system and then replace him in the 2011 season.

So far the Giants have selected:
Brian Price-DT
Brandon Spikes-MLB
J.D. Walton-C

Kiwitexansfan and the Tennessee Titans are up. It's 6:46 am and I need to go to bed, see yall in a few hours.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Kiwitexansfan and the Tennessee Titans are up. It's 6:46 am and I need to go to bed, see yall in a few hours.

The Titans are slatonisabeasts team.

Blake
03-27-2010, 11:09 AM
77) Tennessee Titans - slatonisabeasts

78) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8

79) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro

80) Denver Broncos - Super Mario

81) Houston Texans - HOU-TEX

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM
The Titans should be considering CB and DE.

If slatonisabeast misses his pick again, I will take over for him unless someone else wants it.

rmartin65
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM

If slatonisabeast misses his pick again, I will take over for him unless someone else wants it.

He has about 2 hours right?

Your team if he misses, I think that is fair. And your position needs are quite accurate.

awtysst
03-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Again? Did he miss his first pick too?

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 12:07 PM

After many requests to be included, after the draft had been set, he was given the Titans pick. He missed the lone Titans pick in the first round.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 12:08 PM
He has about 2 hours right?

Your team if he misses, I think that is fair. And your position needs are quite accurate.

I will be going fishing and will be unable to commit, but will be checking in to make my pick for the 49ers.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 12:41 PM

No he didn't he almost missed his pick. We were finalising picking in his stead when he dropped Dez Bryant on them.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 12:45 PM
With the 75th pick of the 2010 NFL Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c117812/media_center/images/rendered/blog/wysiwyg/Darrell-Stuckey.jpg

Reasoning: Stuckey fits into the safety mold that a Chicago defense requires. He reminds me alot of Mike Brown, and should be able to move in from day 1 and improve the weakened Chicago D. He has the speed and ability to fit exactly into the current "Chicago"-2.

I really like this pick. Stuckey is a baller.

rmartin65
03-27-2010, 12:51 PM
No he didn't he almost missed his pick. We were finalising picking in his stead when he dropped Dez Bryant on them.

Not to nitpick, but he was late. He overran the 12 hour clock, the group pick took too long, and he sneaked in. Which is part of the reason some people are advocating letting teams pick ahead of missed picks, like they do in real life.

JCTexan
03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Not to nitpick, but he was late. He overran the 12 hour clock, the group pick took too long, and he sneaked in. Which is part of the reason some people are advocating letting teams pick ahead of missed picks, like they do in real life.

In real life no team misses it's pick unless it's on purpose. Minnesota did it years ago because they didn't want to pay the guy they selected the money. Has there been another time a team has missed their pick?

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 01:01 PM
In real life no team misses it's pick unless it's on purpose. Minnesota did it years ago because they didn't want to pay the guy they selected the money. Has there been another time a team has missed their pick?

Didn't the Vikings do it twice?

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Didn't the Vikings do it twice?

I think your right, or two teams got up to the podium before Minnesota got there.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I think your right, or two teams got up to the podium before Minnesota got there.

Actually, I think what happened is that in 2003 Minnesota missed their pick because they were trying to trade, two teams jumped up and got theirs before Minnesota got their pick in.

I think, in the previous year, Minnesota was involved in another mix-up because there was a trade and someone got their pick in and Minnesota thought the other team had missed the deadline, so they put their card in for someone who had already been taken. Or something.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM

I'm for this and no it's not nitpicking. IMHO

I think there is a lesson to be learned.

Chris Cook or Greg Hardy would be my choice for the Tacks.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I just looked it up.

In 2003 they couldn't complete a trade and two teams jumped in front of them. They ended up with Kevin Williams.

In 2002 the Chiefs traded up in front of them at the last moment and selected the guy whom the Vikings also picked. They then selected Bryant McKinnie.

I wish the Texans would make mistakes that result in players like Williams and McKinnie.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I just looked it up.

In 2003 they couldn't complete a trade and two teams jumped in front of them. They ended up with Kevin Williams.

In 2002 the Chiefs traded up in front of them at the last moment and selected the guy whom the Vikings also picked. They then selected Bryant McKinnie.

I wish the Texans would make mistakes that result in players like Williams and McKinnie.

One would think that with Casserly at the helm we would have been neck deep in DUMB luck.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 01:20 PM
One would think that with Casserly at the helm we would have been neck deep in DUMB luck.

No.

Just neck deep in DUMB.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I just looked it up.

LOL

They saved $ too.

Texan4Ever
03-27-2010, 01:39 PM
For the Titans, I would look into a defensive tackle. D'Anthony Smith (DT, Louisiana Tech) is still on the board. He is no Albert Haynewsowrth but makes up for his small size (300-lbs) with shear quickness and high motor.

rmartin65
03-27-2010, 01:45 PM
For the Titans, I would look into a defensive tackle. D'Anthony Smith (DT, Louisiana Tech) is still on the board. He is no Albert Haynewsowrth but makes up for his small size (300-lbs) with shear quickness and high motor.

Probably an end... Murray State's Austen Lane is pretty good, or maybe Arkansas State's Alex Carrington. Or, we just let him pick when he gets on, letting other people make their picks until then.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 02:04 PM
How is Geno Atkins not in the conversation? How has he dropped this far? Did someone pick him and I didn't get it on my board?

If we're looking for DT, then I think it should be Atkins at this spot. Unless there's some reason people are staying away from him that I don't know about?

Wolf6151
03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I like rmartin65's idea, we just skip that person and let the next person pick then the one who's skipped can pick for themselves when they get on.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 02:22 PM
It's 6 hours, I say we snap up a DL for the Tacks and move on.

Atkins is fine with me.

Maybe DE Greg Hardy.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Whatever we decide to do lets do it and get this going again.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 02:27 PM
I vote for Atkins.

Can we get a consensus?

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
How about this, if someone misses their pick, then as soon as we have 4 posters agree on a player, then that's the pick.

How does that sound?

Texan4Ever
03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
How about this, if someone misses their pick, then as soon as we have 4 posters agree on a player, then that's the pick.

How does that sound?

Sounds good...

If you don't PM me your top five picks and your time is up, we as a group will make a pick after 4 vote yes for a player.

I vote Geno Atkins

Texan4Ever
03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
How is Geno Atkins not in the conversation? How has he dropped this far? Did someone pick him and I didn't get it on my board?

If we're looking for DT, then I think it should be Atkins at this spot. Unless there's some reason people are staying away from him that I don't know about?

My only thing with Geno Atkins is that he is undersized. The Titans drafted Sen'Derrick Marks and he is the same build as Atkins. The Titans need a mauler but most of the big tackles are gone so that's why I suggested D'Anthony Smith because he may not be big but he is tall and can pass rush as a DT.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Atkins is fine with me.

rmartin65
03-27-2010, 03:20 PM
My only thing with Geno Atkins is that he is undersized. The Titans drafted Sen'Derrick Marks and he is the same build as Atkins. The Titans need a mauler but most of the big tackles are gone so that's why I suggested D'Anthony Smith because he may not be big but he is tall and can pass rush as a DT.

Smith is a late 4th/early 5th type player. He would be a major reach.

Atkins is fine, not my cup of tea, but a good enough pick.

Wolf6151
03-27-2010, 03:23 PM

How does that sound?

The only problem with that is getting 4 people to agree with one pick for a team that most don't know anything about. This also has many built in delays and it could take hours for 4 people to agree on a single player. Why not just skip the person and move to the next person in line just like the real draft, this would have no delay and be more realistic.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
The only problem with that is getting 4 people to agree with one pick for a team that most don't know anything about. This also has many built in delays and it could take hours for 4 people to agree on a single player. Why not just skip the person and move to the next person in line just like the real draft, this would have no delay and be more realistic.

Last year we used the consensus pick thing and I remember it working out okay as far as time. (Of course, that was last year and those brain cells have been re-cycled in the meantime so my memory ain't that great.)

All I'm worried about is that we keep this thing going. It's very easy on this long mocks to get really bogged down after the first couple of rounds. And I don't like just skipping a pick because we may get a sitution where we've got multiple teams that haven't picked for more than a round.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Last year we used the consensus pick thing and I remember it working out okay as far as time. (Of course, that was last year and those brain cells have been re-cycled in the meantime so my memory ain't that great.)

All I'm worried about is that we keep this thing going. It's very easy on this long mocks to get really bogged down after the first couple of rounds. And I don't like just skipping a pick because we may get a sitution where we've got multiple teams that haven't picked for more than a round.

Agreed

The consensus thing worked well last year.

How long until the pick. I'm going to be stepping out for awhile. So count me in for Atkins.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Atkins

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
I think that definitely gives us enough votes to make Atkins the Tacks pick.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Hate to break this to everyone but djohn2008 hasn't been on in 5 days which makes me think his pick is unlikely to materialise in the allotted time.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
With the 77th pick the Titans take DT, Geno Atkins, Georgia

djohn2oo8
03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
With the 78th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, The Carolina Panthers select:

Austen Lane - DE

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/400/RP/RPCFMYYBXUWSTLX.20090701150944.jpg

With the departure of Julius Peppers, the Panthers are in need of an impact player of the d-line. And Lane appears to be the best DE left on the board.

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 04:05 PM
With the 79th pick the 49ers take Javier Arenas, CB/KR/PR, Alabama

http://www.gilbertology.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/javy.png

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Hate to break this to everyone but djohn2008 hasn't been on in 5 days which makes me think his pick is unlikely to materialise in the allotted time.

Colour me wrong, full credit for your timing djohn!

djohn2oo8
03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Colour me wrong, full credit for your timing djohn!

lol thanks

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 05:00 PM
80) Denver Broncos - Super Mario

81) Houston Texans - HOU-TEX

82) Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Mario

83) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan

84) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
This draft is setting up so awesome for the Texans. With Denver switching blocking schemes, doubtful the take Mike Johnson. I think he'd be great value in the 3rd to be our future LG. Caldwell, our previous 3rd rounder from Bama manning the RG spot... Tate following their blocks. Slaton/Foster as backups. me likey.

HouSportsWriter
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
im sorry once agin i was at the hospital....all night and this morning we had a scare and thats all im guna say please remove me from this draft thank you

awtysst
03-27-2010, 05:12 PM

How does that sound?

I have no issue with that, AS LONG as the next person can go ahead and pick. I am not gonna help the process if it means losing my next pick, after all my job is to draft for my teams.

Blake
03-27-2010, 06:12 PM
The Denver Broncos Select Matt Tennant, C, Boston College

The Broncos released last years starter, Casey Wiegmann. So center is a need. It will be interesting to see if he can start on day 1, or if they will have to sign a FA center for a year until he is ready.

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/644913f421_bc07272009.jpg

1.) Joe Haden, CB, Florida
2.) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
3.) Matt Tennant, C, Boston College

Blake
03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Good luck Hou-Tex. ;P

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 07:06 PM
im sorry once agin i was at the hospital....all night and this morning we had a scare and thats all im guna say please remove me from this draft thank you

Sorry to hear that SiaB.

Hope everything is ok.

steelbtexan
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear that SiaB.

Hope everything is ok.

Ditto

rmartin65
03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear that SiaB.

Hope everything is ok.

Ditto

Same hear. I hope everything is ok.

kiwitexansfan
03-27-2010, 08:19 PM
So who is Hou-Tex going to bless us with?

DT or OL perhaps?

JB
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
So who is Hou-Tex going to bless us with?

DT or OL perhaps?

Well, got the CB and the RB, now I guess it's time for the DT or the OG

Kaiser Toro
03-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Mike Johnson, Original Gangsta, Alabama. :kitten:

pbat488
03-27-2010, 08:43 PM
This draft is setting up so awesome for the Texans. With Denver switching blocking schemes, doubtful the take Mike Johnson. I think he'd be great value in the 3rd to be our future LG. Caldwell, our previous 3rd rounder from Bama manning the RG spot... Tate following their blocks. Slaton/Foster as backups. me likey.

This.