PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey may not remain a Bronc

CloakNNNdagger
03-13-2010, 05:01 PM
The Broncs need to get rid of his salary, which is 35% over the next highest paid team mate). Yes, 32.......but still churning it out...........and vowing to play until 40, even if at one point in time converted to the role of safety.

Link (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14667552)

gary
03-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I would not mind taking a look at him.

rmartin65
03-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmm, if they cut him, then hell yea. I dont know if he still can be a number 1, but he definitely would not hurt the team. Especially if he was serious about possibly converting to safety. That says alot about a player.

Scooter
03-13-2010, 08:27 PM
i dont see any part about him leaving the broncos, especially after getting a 3mil bonus a few days ago.

awtysst
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
The Broncs need to get rid of his salary, which is 35% over the next highest paid team mate). Yes, 32.......but still churning it out...........and vowing to play until 40, even if at one point in time converted to the role of safety.

Link (http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14667552)

IF he leaves, look for him to go to DC. Shanny has a man crush on Bailey. Remember he traded Portis to DC specifically to get Bailey.

I will say that the Broncos really want to keep him. From what i am hearing, they took Alphonso Smith last year becuase they thought he could push to be a starter. The plan was to try to trade Bailey this year and have Smith and Goodman be the starters. Right now, Smith has not shown enough to gain any starting time, let alone replace Champ, so the Broncos are in a bit of a bind.

Stay tuned, this could get REAL interesting.

Goatcheese
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Bailey is still a good #2, or a spot #1 at this point in his career. He's not elite anymore, but he can still play. I wouldn't mind having a guy like him on the team.

eriadoc
03-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately, Champ Bailey is, at this late stage of his career, better than any CB we've had on the team ever, with maybe the '02 and '03 AG having a small say in the argument.

That's sad.

awtysst
03-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately, Champ Bailey is, at this late stage of his career, better than any CB we've had on the team ever, with maybe the '02 and '03 AG having a small say in the argument.

That's sad.

I don't think it would be hyperbole to declare Champ Baily the best CB of his generation. Over a career, Champ has been uber dominant. There was a time when he basically cut the field in half and opponents would not throw to his side of the field at all.

JB
03-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't think it would be hyperbole to declare Champ Baily the best CB of his generation. Over a career, Champ has been uber dominant. There was a time when he basically cut the field in half and opponents would not throw to his side of the field at all.

Absolutely! For a while, he was the cat's meow. It would be great if he decided he loved teaching and wanted to teach here...lol

TimeKiller
03-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd be really interested in Champ Bailey the FS. REALLY INTERESTED.

El Tejano
03-16-2010, 09:12 AM
I could see him going to The Redskins.

Grams
03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Broncos pay $3 million roster bonus to Champ Bailey
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2010 3:38 PM ET
Though he has spent 11 seasons in the NFL and has eased beyond the edge of his prime, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is still regarded as a quality player.As a result, the Broncos picked up a $3 million roster bonus...

Not sure the Bronco would pay the roster bonus if they were going to get rid of him. Unless they are holding out for a high draft pick or two.

Dutchrudder
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Broncos pay $3 million roster bonus to Champ Bailey
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2010 3:38 PM ET
Though he has spent 11 seasons in the NFL and has eased beyond the edge of his prime, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is still regarded as a quality player.As a result, the Broncos picked up a $3 million roster bonus...

Not sure the Bronco would pay the roster bonus if they were going to get rid of him. Unless they are holding out for a high draft pick or two.

That's exactly what they are doing. I would expect them to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him from the Redskins if he does get traded. Maybe the Texans could throw around a 4th and a 6th package to get him? He certainly couldn't hurt our team!

Blake
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Well I just drafted Joe Haden for the Broncos (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325), so maybe they will trade him to us.