PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this Trade?

RT22
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Would you trade Houston Texans WR Jacoby Jones to the Buffalo Bills for RB Marshawn Lynch who is rumored to be out of favor in Buffalo? This is just a random thought that I had. To me it fills a need for both teams. The Bills trade a RB that has fallen out of favor and receives a WR that can replace T.O. and may be ready to become a #2 WR.(Also when Walter resigned that means JJ will be no more than a #3 WR for us). The Texans take a chance on a RB that is a complete RB that has some baggage and is still young (23 or 24) that I think can use a change of address and would fit well in our offense. I know most will say he is a trouble maker that the Texans front office have looked away from but I believe that we need some toughness on offense like Cushing/Pollard added on defense last season. What do you think?

HOU-TEX
03-11-2010, 09:40 AM
No..

JB
03-11-2010, 09:40 AM
I think Lynch is an ***** and want no part of him here.

BIG TORO
03-11-2010, 09:41 AM
No way Jacoby is one of my favorite players.

Hooston Texan
03-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Would you trade Houston Texans WR Jacoby Jones to the Buffalo Bills for RB Marshawn Lynch who is rumored to be out of favor in Buffalo? This is just a random thought that I had. To me it fills a need for both teams. The Bills trade a RB that has fallen out of favor and receives a WR that can replace T.O. and may be ready to become a #2 WR.(Also when Walter resigned that means JJ will be no more than a #3 WR for us). The Texans take a chance on a RB that is a complete RB that has some baggage and is still young (23 or 24) that I think can use a change of address and would fit well in our offense. I know most will say he is a trouble maker that the Texans front office have looked away from but I believe that we need some toughness on offense like Cushing/Pollard added on defense last season. What do you think?

Nope. While JJ has had maturity issues, nobody claims that he's a disruptive influence in the lockerroom. Not so with Marshawn. Plus, Lynch had a three-game suspension last year from the league. Usually, the next offense after such a suspension nets a year-long ban. And, even when Lynch was playing, he got beaten out by Fred Jackson.

I have no problem with the idea of trading Jones for a solid RB, but I don't think Lynch qualifies as a solid RB.

steelbtexan
03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
No

I would trade a 5th rd pick for Lynch though.

That way when he gets suspended not much would be lost.

Shaft75
03-11-2010, 09:55 AM
No thanks for bringing more crime to the city of Houston.

El Tejano
03-11-2010, 09:55 AM
As much as I want another RB I would not trade Jones for Lynch. I know you may think that Jones will only be a #3 receiver. However, if he keeps making these key 43 yard receptions at the times that he did last season, he will find the #2 spot eventually. Even if he doesn't do it this year, Walter could eventually get old fast and Jacoby will be there.
I think we've seen the best of Lynch and therefore feel the upside to Jacoby is greater.

Lastly, if Lynch is getting in the kind of trouble that he's getting into in Buffalo, who many players claim is the quietest most boring town in the NFL, no telling what kind of trouble is waiting for him in Houston.

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
As much as I want another RB I would not trade Jones for Lynch. I know you may think that Jones will only be a #3 receiver. However, if he keeps making these key 43 yard receptions at the times that he did last season, he will find the #2 spot eventually. Even if he doesn't do it this year, Walter could eventually get old fast and Jacoby will be there.
I think we've seen the best of Lynch and therefore feel the upside to Jacoby is greater.

Lastly, if Lynch is getting in the kind of trouble that he's getting into in Buffalo, who many players claim is the quietest most boring town in the NFL, no telling what kind of trouble is waiting for him in Houston.

I might be in the minority here and say yes. sometimes new scenery helps players change their attitudes.

on another note, what does it even matter?

Since were playing the hypothetical game, would you trade Andre Johnson for Adrian Peterson?

Go ahead and marinate on that for a while. Im not sure I even know the answer to this one.

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Agreed. I am predicting JJ takes over the #2 role this year. Everyone will see a definite increase in his production, route running, and pass catching. Most WR's breakout in their third year, although last year was his third, he didnt exactly break out but IMHO showed definite growth as a WR. I think JJ will breakout in his 4th year in leiu of.

False Start
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Hell no!

Brisco_County
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Lynch is injury prone and has character issues. No way.

Jacoby wouldn't be of much value to Buffalo since they have no one to throw down field to him.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't think I would want Marshawn Lynch as a free agent much less through a trade.

Blake
03-11-2010, 10:17 AM
No. For several reasons, but #1 being his gold teeth.

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM

good point. and the fact that he refers to himself as "beece mode"

TimeKiller
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I might be in the minority here and say yes. sometimes new scenery helps players change their attitudes.
True but this isn't Brad Lidge going elsewhere. This is a guy with every red flag possible, not to mention pretty average production last time I checked.

Since were playing the hypothetical game, would you trade Andre Johnson for Adrian Peterson?

Go ahead and marinate on that for a while. Im not sure I even know the answer to this one.
Let me sprinkle some hell no on your marinade hahaha...I would trade AJ for AP, the whole Viking OL aaaaand their next 3 drafts, all rounds. If I seem ridiculous, I'm just answering the question presented.

I wouldn't trade JJ either. We've suffered through his progress and he's finally turning progress into production even buried behind sure fire starters. he's still a dynamic return man too. Frankly it's time to give him a REAL chance, not just be the x-factor type of player.

BigBull17
03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
If it was one incident, then I could see giving a guy a chance. He has proven time and again that he can't stay out of trouble. He is an ***** and a thug, so no way. Jacoby has maturity problems, and even he thinks Lynch needs to grow up.

BullNation4Life
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Lynch is injury prone and has character issues. No way.

Jacoby wouldn't be of much value to Buffalo since they have no one to throw down field to him.

Don't know if I agree with that. He has missed 7 games in 4 years, 3 of which were a manditory suspension by the league...

the character thing, his ESPN Fantasy Projection profile calls him a knucklehead...

badboy
03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
No. JJ might be trade bait in future but not for this guy.

Ole Miss Texan
03-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I'll bite, I love hypothetical trade games. I think Schaub and Andre have something special and I don't think I would trade Andre for any player in the league. He's the center of our Offense, the reason why it works so well and all we need is support around him. Peterson is GREAT, but I don't give up Andre.

Pretty interesting idea though. I'm not worried about derailing this thread (no offense) but I think it was over by Post #2's "No" :)

But who in the entire NFL would y'all trade Andre Johnson for? I can't think of a single person that would make me do that. I think that says A LOT about Andre!

BullNation4Life
03-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Wonder with the gold in his mouth, if he has his hat turned sideways, looking like a fool with his pants on the ground?

Just a thought...:texanbill:

Second Honeymoon
03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
No thanks for bringing more crime to the city of Houston.

anyone who goes out of his way to look like a thug and a complete lowlife and then compounds it by acting like a thug and a complete lowlife, has no place on my team. dude is pile of warmed over dog crap.

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
True but this isn't Brad Lidge going elsewhere. This is a guy with every red flag possible, not to mention pretty average production last time I checked.

Let me sprinkle some hell no on your marinade hahaha...I would trade AJ for AP, the whole Viking OL aaaaand their next 3 drafts, all rounds. If I seem ridiculous, I'm just answering the question presented.

I wouldn't trade JJ either. We've suffered through his progress and he's finally turning progress into production even buried behind sure fire starters. he's still a dynamic return man too. Frankly it's time to give him a REAL chance, not just be the x-factor type of player.

Im assuming you meant WOULDNT not WOULD right? or were you saying that was the only way you trade him?

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I'll bite, I love hypothetical trade games. I think Schaub and Andre have something special and I don't think I would trade Andre for any player in the league. He's the center of our Offense, the reason why it works so well and all we need is support around him. Peterson is GREAT, but I don't give up Andre.

Pretty interesting idea though. I'm not worried about derailing this thread (no offense) but I think it was over by Post #2's "No" :)

But who in the entire NFL would y'all trade Andre Johnson for? I can't think of a single person that would make me do that. I think that says A LOT about Andre!

agreed, AJ is the face of the franchise and we would be so lucky to have him play his entire career here. I sure would like to get him at least one ring for his services though.....

Hervoyel
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm far from an enormous Jacoby Jones fan. I'm not a "hater" but I'm admittedly impatient and his immaturity and IMO somewhat slow progress has at times annoyed me. I can see the talent, we all can. I just want him to grow up and emulate the perfect role model he plays beside. I think if he would or could apply himself the sky might be the limit for him. I'm serious too. If I were the Texans I might just see if Jerry Rice wanted a job working with young WR's with a focus on JJ. I don't know though, you can work with him as much as possible but he's got to take the next step himself.

Having said that I would not part with him for Lynch. It's my understanding that Lynch is turd and that he's out of favor in Buffalo for very good reasons.

While I admit that on a talent for talent basis it's an interesting idea and addresses needs well I really don't think it's in our teams best interest.

BigBull17
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM

I can't think of anyone either. Fitz is good, but I think AJ is better. Maybe Revis. MAYBE. But, I still think I would say no. Calvin Johnson and the Lions whole draft. There you go.

Hooston Texan
03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I can't think of anyone either. Fitz is good, but I think AJ is better. Maybe Revis. MAYBE. But, I still think I would say no. Calvin Johnson and the Lions whole draft. There you go.

I'd trade AJ for Revis, Nick Mangold and Alan Faneca. Anything less than that . . . no sale.

Big Lou
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Hell no!!!!!

Texecutioner
03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Mcnair would never take on a turd like Lynch. To many problems off the field. That pretty much sums it up in a nut shell.

redwhiteANDblue
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
NO WAY! JJ is the man! How dare you even think like that! :bat:

ChampionTexan
03-11-2010, 04:05 PM

No, because (in addition to lots of other reasons) when you have two backs on the same roster who are tied for the NFL lead in a statistical category - you don't want that statistical category to be fumbles.

2slik4u
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
No, because (in addition to lots of other reasons) when you have two backs on the same roster who are tied for the NFL lead in a statistical category - you don't want that statistical category to be fumbles.

good point, but the difference in yds per fumble helps immensly.

AP - 230.5 yds per fumble/ 52 carries per fumble

as opposed to

slaton - 87.4 yds per fumble/ 26 carries per fumble

these are based on purely on rush yds only and do not take into consideration fumbles lost on receptions.

gary
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
good point, but the difference in yds per fumble helps immensly.

AP - 230.5 yds per fumble/ 52 carries per fumble

as opposed to

slaton - 87.4 yds per fumble/ 26 carries per fumble

these are based on purely on rush yds only and do not take into consideration fumbles lost on receptions.It does not really matter anymore because I don't think Slaton would be the primary RB if he were to indeed to return. A.P. is great but he fumbles too much for my taste. Anyway, I don't know if they would sign off on an A.P. trade as their WR corps is not the problem there were one pretty boy INT way from going to the S.B.

PHAROAH
03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I would give a 5th rounder in a heart beat but you better put some measures in place on this guy due to the issues off the field.

DocBar
03-11-2010, 07:48 PM

But who in the entire NFL would y'all trade Andre Johnson for? I can't think of a single person that would make me do that. I think that says A LOT about Andre! You could go all Mike Ditka and give up your whole draft and see if the Vikes bite. Would you take a teams entire draft for AJ? Personally, I wouldn't do either one, but I WOULD have to peek at the draft board a few times before turning down another teams draft. I MIGHT do it if AJ Jr. was in the draft. This is a fun game.

Texan_Bill
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM
No!
No!
No!
No!
No!
No!

RagingBull
03-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Hell no!!!!!

^This...

barrett
03-12-2010, 04:25 AM
As much as I hate to admit this, I feel like I can gleam some insight into some of these guys because I follow them on twitter. For example, Duane Brown has been working out rehabing like crazy and he's at it constantly. Chris Meyers is having trouble getting motivated to work out. (explains quite a bit doesn't it?) Jacoby is juvenile and obnoxious but also works out alot and talk's about having a breakout season.

Point is, Jones has a ton of potential but man, he sticks out on this team like a sore thumb. I don't know if I would want them to trade him but I wouldn't be suprised if they did. Rumors were that they tried to shop him last year. If he has a good year I wouldn't be suprised if they move him next offseason. If he get's his head on strait he would become our #2 but...

IDEXAN
03-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't do that trade, but especially now with the resigning of KW I think there's an even greater liklihood we trade him this year than last, and they were for sure shopping him last year.
He's ripe to be traded if we choose: young, not a real big cap number, very good finish last year, and as we know very talented. He's valuable but we have too many needs and we're be strong at WR with or without JJ.

b0ng
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Naw, Jones has more uses than WR and Lynch did not have a good season last year.

Dutchrudder
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I think they should offer up Jacoby Jones for Deangelo Williams. See if they bite at all, and if they need some help, thrown in the 4th round pick. People are speculating that Carolina needs a new WR to play opposite Steve Smith.

nfldraft2010
03-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I think they should offer up Jacoby Jones for Deangelo Williams. See if they bite at all, and if they need some help, thrown in the 4th round pick. People are speculating that Carolina needs a new WR to play opposite Steve Smith.

Haha, I wish. They need a WR, but I highly doubt they would give up Deangelo that easily. Wishful thinking though lol.

Ole Miss Texan
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Haha, I wish. They need a WR, but I highly doubt they would give up Deangelo that easily. Wishful thinking though lol.
Doubt that happens but I love it, I just wrote out a long post but am going to start a new thread for "offseason plans". Guarantees playoffs. Us internet GM's are so smart. :boogereater:

ObsiWan
03-20-2010, 12:15 PM

Not just 'no' but "Hell no".

to both trades

...just wanted to clear that up

HOU-TEX
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Free agent OG Chester Pitts is scheduled to visit with the Seahawks on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Pitts last met with the 49ers, with whom he is reportedly still negotiating. The Seahawks are in need of a left guard with veteran Rob Sims on the trading block.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Norg
03-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Peace pitts ...........

RasTaofarI
03-24-2010, 04:19 PM
if I'm a bills fan/GM/player I ask, "Why trade a pretty good RB for a return man and (at best) third WR who puts the ball down?

Dutchrudder
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
if I'm a bills fan/GM/player I ask, "Why trade a pretty good RB for a return man and (at best) third WR who puts the ball down?

Because you are Buffalo...?

Is this a trick question? They signed TO last year thinking he would be a solid #1.

Dutchrudder
03-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Doubt that happens but I love it, I just wrote out a long post but am going to start a new thread for "offseason plans". Guarantees playoffs. Us internet GM's are so smart. :boogereater:

Sure, but Jacoby has some flashy-ness to him. Jacoby Jones and a third round pick for Deangelo williams and a 5th round pick would be a good trade IMO.

Last year, Jacoby proved that he can be a good #2 WR with the absence of Kevin Walter! (shhhh, don't remind them about OD being there) Having him opposite Steve Smith would make him look really good in the NFC South.