PDA

View Full Version : psl's are what ?

HouSportsWriter
03-10-2010, 10:39 PM
i under stand there permanete seat liscences

but if you buy thos how do you get the tickets

disaacks3
03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
You are billed for your season tickets seperately (along with any parking spaces). Those costs are in ADDITION to your one-time PSL costs.

OzzO
03-11-2010, 07:41 AM
They're permanent seat licenses... unless you don't buy the season tickets... then they ain't so permanent.

Hardcore Texan
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
What is costly? I will take Uncle Bob is cheap in free agency for $1000 Alex. :jk: reference to all the FA threads.

Texecutioner
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I am still have yet to understand what the hell is the point of PSL's and why they even exist?

Yankee_In_TX
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I am still have yet to understand what the hell is the point of PSL's and why they even exist?

From the teams' poitn of view $$$$$$$$$$.

From the fan's point of view, the only way to have season tickets to many of the seats in Reliant.

jaayteetx
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM

help share the load of landing an nfl franchise in the first place, the league all but conceded the new team to LA but their lack of a stadium deal and mr mcnair's huge offer was too much for the league to pass on. he's pretty much just trying to recoup some of that cash.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
It's not like the Texans invented the idea! Hardly!!!!!!! It's an avenue of revenue for a new team, a new stadium, a new arena, a new venue, etc.

In any event - the PSL, Houston Texans style is not 'Permanent Seat License" but rather 'Personal Seat License'. Y'all can argue the difference.

steelbtexan
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
The PSL thing is why I didn't get tickets in 2002. I was appalled at having to pay for the right to buy season tickets.

I chaged my stance on this in 2003.

houstonspartan
03-15-2010, 10:57 PM
The idea behind the PSL is that you own the seat. I have a PSL, and it is transferrable. Those with season tickets without PSL's can't necessarily transfer the ticket to whomever they would like.

I think the idea is to give people the chance to keep the seats in a family for years and years, to transfer them to son, grandkid, etc.

Still, it sucks. That first year having to pay for the PSL fee and the tickets hurt. The PSL fee was more than the tickets by almost double!

Yankee_In_TX
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
...and the transfer fee went from $50 to $250.

Hardcore Texan
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Same thing happens in college, just a different term. "Donor seats". The more you donate to the university the better your seats are, basically same concept, you pay out money you never get back, the more you pay the closer the seats are to the 50 yard line, row 1.

infantrycak
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
The idea behind the PSL is that you own the seat. I have a PSL, and it is transferrable. Those with season tickets without PSL's can't necessarily transfer the ticket to whomever they would like.

And there is market risk/reward. A friend's mother died back in 2000-1 when the Dolphins were going to the playoffs most years. Her $1200 original PSLs were sold by the estate for about $22k a piece.

Vinnie
03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Yep, I shelled out $2500 for two PSL's before last season started on the PSL marketplace. I'm near mid field in the 500 section now. We were buying the season tickets from another individual before that and couldn't stand the fact that we were at their mercy, so here we are.

It turned out that our PSL's we bought are worth $2700 a piece if you bought them from Mr. McNair so I guess we got a hell of a deal. One thing is for sure, you'll have to pry those PSL's out of my cold dead fingers if you want to get your hands on them. I love my seats and I don't see the season ticket price as over the top for what I get. I think the whole cost works out to around $150/month with a parking pass. I've had bar tabs more then that. :gun:

dlamr1
03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
i just got my 2nd statement for 30% in today.