PDA

View Full Version : VY to receive $4.25 million roster bonus today

Hookem Horns
03-10-2010, 02:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4981249

Didn't John McClain say there is no way that Vince Young would be a Titan in 2010? Hopefully Bud is throwing his money away however it probably won't turn out that way knowing my luck.

Hardcore Texan
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
You know what that means!!!!!

SAUSAGE PARTY!!!!!!! :hobie:

Dread-Head
03-10-2010, 09:52 AM
You know what that means!!!!!

SAUSAGE PARTY!!!!!!! :hobie:

:lol: FOR WHAT!? He finished the 14th rated QB in the AFC. Bud really IS a stupid A-hole.

Hardcore Texan
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
:lol: FOR WHAT!? He finished the 14th rated QB in the AFC. Bud really IS a stupid A-hole.

Imagine how much Patron and sausage can be purchased with 4.25 million........:splits:

infantrycak
03-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Imagine how much Patron and sausage can be purchased with 4.25 million........:splits:

And really it is a commitment to pay him $11.75 mil in 2010.

Dread-Head
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM

Hell...he MIGHT actually start hanging with some Mexicans and start drinking REAL Tequila instead of that watered down, over priced crap.

Hardcore Texan
03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hell...he MIGHT actually start hanging with some Mexicans and start drinking REAL Tequila instead of that watered down, over priced crap.

I actually like Patron quite a bit, it's good stuff to me.

Dread-Head
03-10-2010, 10:16 AM

Don't like Jose Cuervo?

Hardcore Texan
03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Don't like Jose Cuervo?
Not really, well at least not the blended cheaper stuff. Anything that's 100% agave is pretty good in my book.

BIG TORO
03-10-2010, 10:36 AM

I think its horrible, try don julio or Centenario!

StarStruck
03-10-2010, 11:35 AM

It sure is.

Congrats to Vince and a successful year except when playing the Texans.

Blazing Arrow
03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
If the sausage party is beef sausage then you are probably right. He is going to get back to the old hat and get the Titans sweeping the Moooos next season .... bank on it!

Texan_Bill
03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Don't like Jose Cuervo?

Hell noooooz! Talk about cheap crap. Don Julio or Patron.

Blazing Arrow
03-10-2010, 11:52 AM

:clap:

devo-x
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Who's the better QB - Schaub or Vince?

I tend to favor Schaub slightly (That's probably my Texans bias)

chicagotexan2
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Who's the better QB - Schaub or Vince?

I tend to favor Schaub slightly (That's probably my Texans bias)

Slightly? That's like comparing Don Julio to Sauza. VY is a product of hype and...nevermind. This will bring the VY lovers out of the wood work and that gets old way too fast.

Hardcore Texan
03-10-2010, 01:22 PM

The words rot gut came to mind, of course I used to think Cuervo was good that was back in my younger days though.

Dread-Head
03-10-2010, 01:22 PM

My litmus test for tequila? How many MEXICANS have you ever seen either buying or drinking it?

1. I don't know any Mexicans who drink Patron.

2. I don't know any Italians who eat at Olive Garden

3. I don't know any Asians who eat at Panda Express.

But that's just me.

Double Barrel
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
If the sausage party is beef sausage then you are probably right. He is going to get back to the old hat and get the Titans sweeping the Moooos next season .... bank on it!

By "he" you mean Chris Johnson, right? Because all he does is wi...errrr...make VY look better.

Texan_Bill
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
My litmus test for tequila? How many MEXICANS have you ever seen either buying or drinking it?

1. I don't know any Mexicans who drink Patron.

2. I don't know any Italians who eat at Olive Garden

3. I don't know any Asians who eat at Panda Express.

But that's just me.

Seriously, come to my shop. The Tequila of choice around here is first, Don Julio and second, Patron. Also they have to be Reposado in the very least all the way up to Extra Anejo.

Honoring Earl 34
03-10-2010, 07:19 PM
VY has had more influence on Houston sports than any player form a rival than I can remember . In fact he somehow gets history re-wrote . It's simply amazing when you listen to talkshows and hear what folks say .

My favorite right now is , how can the Texans expect to catch the rest of the division if they don't sign any FA's . Then you have , with the Texans recent draft record , they should trade their picks for proven vets ... huh .

This leads me to conclude that the Texans draft bad cause they didn't draft VY and that VY is so good he can affect the standings after the seasons over .

I guess folks wanted to overpay for Dunta or kiss Bodden's butt . Then there's the thing about Boldin and such ... well ... it's not the passing game that's hurting .

By the way ... when did sports radio become like rightwing radio . Josh Ennis and the Mighty Gwinn are freakin awesome GM's cause they know every move that should be made . Even though Chicago just put all there chips on the table after underwhelming last year and the other teams had little action after that ... the Texan's are cheap and dumb . If I wanted my little diversion to everyday life to be so negative ... I'd follow the Lions .

Blazing Arrow
03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
By "he" you mean Chris Johnson, right? Because all he does is wi...errrr...make VY look better.

I think they complement each other well. Without Young's ability to take off that option play would be worthless and it opens up Johnson to get to the corner.

Double Barrel
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I think they complement each other well. Without Young's ability to take off that option play would be worthless and it opens up Johnson to get to the corner.

yeah, they do compliment each other. It's a dangerous combination, at least as long as each one has the ability to run the ball well. I was just yanking your chain. It's been too long, and we're getting rusty at it.

Blazing Arrow
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
yeah, they do compliment each other. It's a dangerous combination, at least as long as each one has the ability to run the ball well. I was just yanking your chain. It's been too long, and we're getting rusty at it.

Yeah I know my first one was pretty weak too. Took a break from it for a while and was just checking in for draft stuff.

b0ng
03-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Are the Titans really banking on the option to take them to the promised land?

Second Honeymoon
03-12-2010, 10:47 AM

who is running the option? there is a draw read/wildcat play in their books but you are just discounting Vince's ability as a playmaker and even a passer. A lot of teams have wildcat packages and draw/read plays, they just happen to have a Wildcat QB to do that. Vince can do both. How is that a bad thing?

he may not have the accuracy and touch of Schaub or the cannon of Favre or the brain of Manning, but Vince is a helluva football player. Also remember that we can't really say much about the guy because he has yet to lose to the Texans. He owns us currently. Hopefully that changes in 2010 but to discount him and his ability only shows ignorance to what wins football games and it shows jealousy and envy and being a sore loser.

its not flashy stats or QB ratings that win football games....its moving the chains, controlling the clock, keeping teams off balance, and protecting the football....Vince has proven his teams can do that enough to win nearly 75% of his games in his career. How is that suckitude?

I hope Vince fails miserably in 2010 but just like I told everyone he would be back and everyone said I was crazy...well dude is back and don't tell me I didn't warn you. Plus he got seriously paid and regained his reputation around the league as a winner and a capable QB.

Has Chris Johnson helped Vince? of course, but to act like Vince hasn't helped Chris Johnson is just ignorant. They help each other and you don't have to pass the ball to win in the NFL. If you play good defense, run the ball effectively, and convert on 3rd downs (rushing or passing) you will win a lot of football games. Vince has proved that.

I am proud of Vince for him turning his career around but I can't say I am surprised. I just want him to fail now because its time for the Texans to do something in 2010 and its tough enough with Peyton in our division. We need to win this year because 2011 is looking like a pipedream.

I understand the haterade for Vince but just acknowledge the fact that the guy is a helluva football player and is a winner. pure and simple.

Texan_Bill
03-12-2010, 11:13 AM

Let's wait until the season starts or gets ready to start before we try talking smack. I think we're all a little out of practice right now. :cool:

Looking forward to it though. :)

b0ng
03-12-2010, 11:18 AM
who is running the option? there is a draw read/wildcat play in their books but you are just discounting Vince's ability as a playmaker and even a passer. A lot of teams have wildcat packages and draw/read plays, they just happen to have a Wildcat QB to do that. Vince can do both. How is that a bad thing?

he may not have the accuracy and touch of Schaub or the cannon of Favre or the brain of Manning, but Vince is a helluva football player. Also remember that we can't really say much about the guy because he has yet to lose to the Texans. He owns us currently. Hopefully that changes in 2010 but to discount him and his ability only shows ignorance to what wins football games and it shows jealousy and envy and being a sore loser.

its not flashy stats or QB ratings that win football games....its moving the chains, controlling the clock, keeping teams off balance, and protecting the football....Vince has proven his teams can do that enough to win nearly 75% of his games in his career. How is that suckitude?

I hope Vince fails miserably in 2010 but just like I told everyone he would be back and everyone said I was crazy...well dude is back and don't tell me I didn't warn you. Plus he got seriously paid and regained his reputation around the league as a winner and a capable QB.

Has Chris Johnson helped Vince? of course, but to act like Vince hasn't helped Chris Johnson is just ignorant. They help each other and you don't have to pass the ball to win in the NFL. If you play good defense, run the ball effectively, and convert on 3rd downs (rushing or passing) you will win a lot of football games. Vince has proved that.

I am proud of Vince for him turning his career around but I can't say I am surprised. I just want him to fail now because its time for the Texans to do something in 2010 and its tough enough with Peyton in our division. We need to win this year because 2011 is looking like a pipedream.

I understand the haterade for Vince but just acknowledge the fact that the guy is a helluva football player and is a winner. pure and simple.

Sorry but Mark Sanchez did a better Vince Young impersonation this season than Vince has ever done in his 4 years of football.

Double Barrel
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Some of us rebel against the overwhelming hype for a player, but yeah, it's just hatorade to the mancrushers.

IBleedTexans
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
The words rot gut came to mind, of course I used to think Cuervo was good that was back in my younger days though.

Don Julio ain't got shyt kn tres generations

Blazing Arrow
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM

No the Titan's enjoy making openings with a QB that can run, for one of the fastest guys on the field. Young works very well in fisher ball. He has gotten his turnovers down. To not admit that he improved leaps and bounds last season is just pure hate of the guy.

chicagotexan2
03-12-2010, 03:57 PM
He imploved finally after 4 seasons. Jeez man, even we Texans fans knew Carr was a dud after that long.

Blazing Arrow
03-12-2010, 07:33 PM
He imploved finally after 4 seasons. Jeez man, even we Texans fans knew Carr was a dud after that long.

With two different OCs and a year he was injured. I seem to recall that Carr also lost more games then he won. Carr also seems to get sacked just hiking the ball.

b0ng
03-13-2010, 01:32 AM
No the Titan's enjoy making openings with a QB that can run, for one of the fastest guys on the field. Young works very well in fisher ball. He has gotten his turnovers down. To not admit that he improved leaps and bounds last season is just pure hate of the guy.

The fact that he played games this season means he's leaps and bounds better than last. That still doesn't make him an even marginal QB yet.

Blazing Arrow
03-13-2010, 03:21 AM
The fact that he played games this season means he's leaps and bounds better than last. That still doesn't make him an even marginal QB yet.

Who has a better winning percentage as a starter .... Young or shammy?

infantrycak
03-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Who has a better winning percentage as a starter .... Young or shammy?

When VY has his own coach rely on him rather than hand the ball off or actually puts the game in his hands like Schaub (without a running game) you can start comparing them. Until then, any comparison is ignorant blathering.

Pre VY to Post VY - CJ +10 carries per game. Your own coach knows where the talent lies.

Honoring Earl 34
03-13-2010, 07:34 AM
When VY has his own coach rely on him rather than hand the ball off or actually puts the game in his hands like Schaub (without a running game) you can start comparing them. Until then, any comparison is ignorant blathering.

Pre VY to Post VY - CJ +10 carries per game. Your own coach knows where the talent lies.

When the Titans played San Diego and the Chargers were on their way to score on 6 of 7 drives , the Titans were handing the ball off to CJ . Let's try to figure out why . You'd think when they got behind , VY would have to air it out but it didn't happen .

This is like the real fast leadoff batter who can only bunt . He gets up to bat with the bases loaded and he's called on to take every pitch .

b0ng
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
What I find hilarious is that Vince couldn't even smell Schaubs jock in a statistical comparison unless you go by the only statistic that the entire team is involved in. Winning %.

CloakNNNdagger
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I seem to remember when Carr had his one "blip" decent year 7-9 season and everyone got excited. Then 2-14 comes along and finally "goodbye."

Wouldn't surprise me to see VY as the "one hit wonder".......especially, if CJ goes down.

bckey
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Not really, well at least not the blended cheaper stuff. Anything that's 100% agave is pretty good in my book.

Try my favorite. Tres Generaciones Anejo made by Sauza.

Koolaid Time
03-15-2010, 12:38 AM

He needs to continue to take his psychotropic medications before he starts consuming the Patron and sausage.

Otherwise he will be just another headcase sitting on the bench.

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM

pure ignorance. you do realize that Young has an almost 75% winning percentage with a team that was 0-6...

oh and you do realize that you don't have to throw the ball 40 times to win...but whatever...just continue outing yourself as someone who has no clue about football and what it takes to win. stats mean nothing. its all about winnning.

to act like Vince sucks is just stupid at this point. you would think you would learn your lesson especially since he is undefeated against the Texans and has all the skills necessary to win...including passing.

i swear most of this hatred isn't about the hype, its about the fact that Vince is a good QB and probably a better pick than Mario was. I said it back then, I said it even when Vince was down, and I will say it again.

The Texans screwed up keeping Carr and not drafting Vince. And to act like Mario has been worth the #1 pick overall is complete homering and totally off base. If the Texans had drafted Vince, we would have probably already made the playoffs and I doubt he would have had the meltdown he had in his sophomore season.

I just think its funny after Vince has made his comeback, people are still acting like he sucks and that the Texans were better off with Carr and Mario. Whatever. Mario is an average DE with above average skills who has done nothing in regards to why we brought him here. We drafted him to beat Peyton and play better in the division. We all know how well that has worked out for us. I even think Bush would have been a better pick.

I know a lot of you have a hardon for Mario, but the dude is overrated, undermotivated, and although not a bust of Carr-ian proportions he, like Bush, has not played up to their #1 overall pick. Vince has at least made a difference when he has come in and helped his team win. Mario has done nothing except sleepwalk through a lot of games and never show up when it counts. At least Bush makes plays and is a winner.

So if you want to keep haterading on Vince, that is fine, he is the enemy, but don't act like your s**t don't stink and that you are actually being objective and reall.....because you are not.

This is how it works out....Vince > Carr...thus it was a bad pick. Like it or not.

We give Carr maximum extension, pay an overrated underproductive DE, and lose 2 2nd Round picks fixing the problem.

Now we fixed the problem, Vince is a fraction of the QB that Schaub is. Matt is awesome....but wouldn't it be nice to have those draft picks back, the dead salary cap wasted money from Carr, and Schaub's salary to spend on other players? IMHO Vince would have already led the Texans to the playoffs and we would have gotten rid of that panty waste Carr.

And fwiw, most of the people who hate Vince so much are the same people that thought Carr was Jesus in cleats. Making excuse after excuse after excuse....so excuse me if your opinion means nothing.

For crying out loud, Bong. You have an avatar of Mario in a warppipe. What has Mario ever done to merit such love. Was it because he is #1 overall? It sure as hell isn't his effort and play on the field...because it has been embarassing at times. Bad pick....but he is a Texan so lets just act like he is sooooo freaking great while vilifying other players who actually make a difference in winning football games.

rant over...flame on

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
This is how it works out....Vince > Carr...thus it was a bad pick. Like it or not.

I'll take Mario and Schaub over VY .

It's funny how you wait on VY but Mario has a sub-par year , some due to injury and he's a bust ... hmmm ... that's funny .

This is VY's best case scenario .

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevegrogan/profile?id=GRO075506

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll take Mario and Schaub over VY .

It's funny how you wait on VY but Mario has a sub-par year , some due to injury and he's a bust ... hmmm ... that's funny .

This is VY's best case scenario .

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevegrogan/profile?id=GRO075506

I'd take Vince, 2 2nd Rounders, Carr's salary to spend on an FA, Schaub's salary to spend on an FA over Mario and Schaub.

so that would be two top FAs with the money from Carr and Schaub's contract, 2 2nd Rounders, and Vince. I would take that over Schaub, who I love, and Mario, who is just another guy.

as for waiting on Vince and not for Mario. I don't think that is the case. My point is, everyone acts like it was such a smart move drafting Mario....I am not sure tha tis the case. And his contract is coming up and he is going to want huge money....and frankly, he hasn't earned it yet. I would be afraid of signing him to a top contract like Peppers got. He just doesn't love football enough for me....now Cushing. If he plays like he did last year, that is the guy you hitch your wagon to and pay whatever it takes. That guy loves football and plays to win.

but I understand the haterade for Vince, I just don't want anyone to think they are being objective in saying Vince sucks or that he can't pass or anything like that. He can do a lot of stuff for your football team when his head is right (and it looks to be now) and he is perfect for a team/coach that loves to run the football and play smashmouth...and its a disservice to their team to say they are an option team. really? you really think that? cmon now. the option is rarely run but though do have a draw read play but all that is is the wildcat, an offense that most people have to have a special player to come in and run it. Vince can run it himself and is one of the best at it. How is that a weakness? Sounds like flexibility to me. Sounds pretty useful.

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I'd take Vince, 2 2nd Rounders, Carr's salary to spend on an FA, Schaub's salary to spend on an FA over Mario and Schaub.

so that would be two top FAs with the money from Carr and Schaub's contract, 2 2nd Rounders, and Vince. I would take that over Schaub, who I love, and Mario, who is just another guy.

Two pro bowlers in the hand is better than what ifs and a guy that can't pass .

Keeping Carr was a mistake but how much better would VY be than Carr if Carr had VY's OL , CJ , and was not asked two win the game , he was asked not to lose it .

VY does what Fisher ask him to do , move the chains on 3rd down by throwing or running , kill the clock , win at the end . If he was on the Texans he would have gotten in a lot more shootouts , how would that have worked .

Now Carr and VY are not in the same category because VY wants to be the face of the franchise much more than Carr did . Carr never got that , probably still doesn't .

Grams
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Vince "only wins" because everyone else on the team knows they need to step up to make up for the QB play.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Could y'all imagine if we had somebody like SH as a GM?

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 09:49 AM

yeah, you would have never drafted Carr in 2002, you wouldn't have passed on Derrick Johnson for fatass Travis Johnson, you would have never cut Aaron Glenn, you would have never re-signed Carr, you would have never traded your whole draft to a divisional rival for Babin, you would have never trade another whole draft for Buchanon, and you would have never signed Kubiak as Head Coach.

yeah, it would suck with me as GM. we would have never been in the embarassing situation to even draft Mario, Bush, or Young. We would have never gone 2-14. That was all about having such a pathetic QB...a QB that many of the VY bashers had his picture on their lockers or proudly displayed such a loser's jersey on their shoulders. You know who you are. I know who you are and you are the same people that claim Vince sucks....when you made excuse after excuse for why Carr sucks. Some even still blame coaching and OL for his problems....will you ever learn?

This franchise first 5 years and a pretty good head coach, were basically wasted on Carr. That would have never happened with me as GM.

Oh and we would have signed Haynesworth last year and pointed most of his cap hit to this year (uncapped year). We would have signed him instead of overpaying for a guy who gave you 4.5 lousy sacks named Antonio Smith.

Oh, and this year we wouldn't have nickel and dimed players fighting for the almighty dollar. We would have brought in a veteran RB for cheap (like other teams did) and we would have played hardball with Dunta and just franchised him again....thus freeing up draft picks to address dire needs (C, G, FS, DT)

now we have to spend an early pick on addressing those needs that could have been addressed with a little $ (something which this franchise has in spades) and concentrated on other things, like oh, I don't know...winning football games.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
yeah, you would have never drafted Carr in 2002, you wouldn't have passed on Derrick Johnson for fatass Travis Johnson, you would have never cut Aaron Glenn, you would have never re-signed Carr, you would have never traded your whole draft to a divisional rival for Babin, and you would have never signed Kubiak as Head Coach.

yeah, it would suck with me as GM. we would have never been in the embarassing situation to even draft Mario, Bush, or Young. We would have never gone 2-14. That was all about having such a pathetic QB...a QB that many of the VY bashers had his picture on their lockers or proudly displayed such a loser's jersey on their shoulders. You know who you are. I know who you are and you are the same people that claim Vince sucks....when you made excuse after excuse for why Carr sucks. Some even still blame coaching and OL for his problems....will you ever learn?

This franchise first 5 years and a pretty good head coach, were basically wasted on Carr. That would have never happened with me as GM.

Oh and we would have signed Haynesworth last year and pointed most of his cap hit to this year (uncapped year). We would have signed him instead of overpaying for a guy who gave you 4.5 lousy sacks named Antonio Smith.

You da man! :lol:

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 09:56 AM
You da man! :lol:

hell yeah, I am :)

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
hell yeah, I am :)

Here's a little reminder of the climate back in 2006 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqYhFa7mWA&feature=related

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Here's a little reminder of the climate back in 2006 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqYhFa7mWA&feature=related

oh, i remember. we had a garbage QB in Carr and then a local legend became available for drafting. we chose to re-sign Carr to the maximum extension to give him a vote of confidence and because McNair loves wasting money on his golden boy. it was a bad move through and through and it was obvious from the start. it looked a little better when Vince didn't handle adversity that well when he got hurt, but its pretty much been a crap move from the beginning. THANK GOD that the Schaub trade has worked out so well for us. it really has. It has made up for some of the errors and I give Gary Kubiak a lot of credit for that. A lot of credit. I just have a problem with his lack of experience, poor gameplanning, poor in-game adjustments, poor in-game decisions, and inability to have a team come out inspired and play hard with intensity for 4 quarters....but I digress. Without them taking a shot on Schaub and without Kubiak helping foster him along, we are probably drafting in the Top 5 this year.

we shouldn't have ever even been in that situation. going 2-14 is embarassing and shows that horrible mistakes were made by ownership and management over a long period of time. and the biggest mistake was drafting that loser in the first place.

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
oh, i remember. we had a garbage QB in Carr and then a local legend became available for drafting. we chose to re-sign Carr to the maximum extension to give him a vote of confidence and because McNair loves wasting money on his golden boy.

we shouldn't have ever even been in that situation. going 2-14 is embarassing and shows that horrible mistakes were made by ownership and management over a long period of time. and the biggest mistake was drafting that loser in the first place.

Just my opinion but if you go 2-14 , your QB better be a rookie . If he is not , you don't have a QB worth his salt because I can't think of a good / great QB who's team was that bad . That's how important a QB is and it's not just on the field .

Hardcore Texan
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Some of us rebel against the overwhelming hype for a player, but yeah, it's just hatorade to the mancrushers.

So, so true.

TEXANRED
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
pure ignorance. you do realize that Young has an almost 75% winning percentage with a team that was 0-6...

oh and you do realize that you don't have to throw the ball 40 times to win...but whatever...just continue outing yourself as someone who has no clue about football and what it takes to win. stats mean nothing. its all about winnning.

to act like Vince sucks is just stupid at this point. you would think you would learn your lesson especially since he is undefeated against the Texans and has all the skills necessary to win...including passing.

i swear most of this hatred isn't about the hype, its about the fact that Vince is a good QB and probably a better pick than Mario was. I said it back then, I said it even when Vince was down, and I will say it again.

The Texans screwed up keeping Carr and not drafting Vince. And to act like Mario has been worth the #1 pick overall is complete homering and totally off base. If the Texans had drafted Vince, we would have probably already made the playoffs and I doubt he would have had the meltdown he had in his sophomore season.

I just think its funny after Vince has made his comeback, people are still acting like he sucks and that the Texans were better off with Carr and Mario. Whatever. Mario is an average DE with above average skills who has done nothing in regards to why we brought him here. We drafted him to beat Peyton and play better in the division. We all know how well that has worked out for us. I even think Bush would have been a better pick.

I know a lot of you have a hardon for Mario, but the dude is overrated, undermotivated, and although not a bust of Carr-ian proportions he, like Bush, has not played up to their #1 overall pick. Vince has at least made a difference when he has come in and helped his team win. Mario has done nothing except sleepwalk through a lot of games and never show up when it counts. At least Bush makes plays and is a winner.

So if you want to keep haterading on Vince, that is fine, he is the enemy, but don't act like your s**t don't stink and that you are actually being objective and reall.....because you are not.

We give Carr maximum extension, pay an overrated underproductive DE, and lose 2 2nd Round picks fixing the problem.

Now we fixed the problem, Vince is a fraction of the QB that Schaub is. Matt is awesome....but wouldn't it be nice to have those draft picks back, the dead salary cap wasted money from Carr, and Schaub's salary to spend on other players? IMHO Vince would have already led the Texans to the playoffs and we would have gotten rid of that panty waste Carr.

And fwiw, most of the people who hate Vince so much are the same people that thought Carr was Jesus in cleats. Making excuse after excuse after excuse....so excuse me if your opinion means nothing.

For crying out loud, Bong. You have an avatar of Mario in a warppipe. What has Mario ever done to merit such love. Was it because he is #1 overall? It sure as hell isn't his effort and play on the field...because it has been embarassing at times. Bad pick....but he is a Texan so lets just act like he is sooooo freaking great while vilifying other players who actually make a difference in winning football games.

rant over...flame on

You either own stock in VY or you own stock in his sausage company.

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
You either own stock in VY or you own stock in his sausage company.

dude, that is so fresh. a sausage joke. simply brilliant.

what's next? a knock knock joke? how about that new joke about the chicken that crosses the road? you really need to get your act out there and join the standup circuit. you are truly gifted.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM

what's next? a knock knock joke? how about that new joke about the chicken that crosses the road? you really need to get your act out there and join the standup circuit. you are truly gifted.

Knock, knock

infantrycak
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Yeah and what is also so fresh is UT grads hanging onto some glimmer of a hope their college man-crush QB may become something.

VY goes into the game - CJ gets 10 more carries per game. The TN coaches know the deal. You should learn it.

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Knock, knock

Who's there ?

TEXANRED
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM

That was not a joke. He has a sausage company. I know he does cus I see his face on the packages at Kroger next to the Blue Ribbon. I am sure they sell stock. Hence the invest reference.

Stop being so sensitive.

Now if I was to of said you must have a controlling interest in VY's sausage......now that would of not only been a joke but damn funny.

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah and what is also so fresh is UT grads hanging onto some glimmer of a hope their college man-crush QB may become something.

VY goes into the game - CJ gets 10 more carries per game. The TN coaches know the deal. You should learn it.

i know the deal, icak. you are a hater of VY and not an objective party in this discussion. vince starts game. titans win 75% of the time. as a smart guy, and you are one of the smart guys around here, you should be able to do the math.

CJ gets more carries because that is their offense. VY's strength is his ability to get involved in the running game, but I guess that makes him a bad QB or someone who hasn't 'become something'.

HOU-TEX
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Who's there ?

Cash

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Two pro bowlers in the hand is better than what ifs and a guy that can't pass .

Keeping Carr was a mistake but how much better would VY be than Carr if Carr had VY's OL , CJ , and was not asked two win the game , he was asked not to lose it .

VY does what Fisher ask him to do , move the chains on 3rd down by throwing or running , kill the clock , win at the end . If he was on the Texans he would have gotten in a lot more shootouts , how would that have worked .

Now Carr and VY are not in the same category because VY wants to be the face of the franchise much more than Carr did . Carr never got that , probably still doesn't .

Vince is a good passer. He just isn't asked to throw it because...wait for it, mensas....their strength is the running game.

but I guess because they don't throw the ball 50 times a game, Vince is a bad passer.

if Vince is so bad, explain this. Vince is undefeated against the Texans. Discuss.

I am sure we will have a laundry list of excuses...that's about all we get around here...

excuses for Kubiak, for Mario, for Carr, for Smith, for McNair, for getting rid of Dunta, for OD's potential holdout...

..just a bunch of excuses and retarded logic

StarStruck
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Scratching my head. I thought VY was suppose to be out of the league by now. What happened?

Hardcore Texan
03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Scratching my head. I thought VY was suppose to be out of the league by now. What happened?

He's good at holding a clipboard so I think his future in the league is safe at this point.

TEXANRED
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM

If David Carr can keep finding work anyone can find work.

Hey, I can throw a football, maybe the Cards will sign me.

IBleedTexans
03-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Who's there ?

A dilutional man with a crush on Vince .lol

eriadoc
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Vince is a good passer. He just isn't asked to throw it because...wait for it, mensas....their strength is the running game.

It pretty much boils down to this: The Tacks would be a better team if they had Schaub (or comparable) than they are with VY. Schaub contributes more to his team's success and less to its demise than VY does to his team.

It doesn't matter if VY passes the ball 10 times or 1000 times; that's what percentages are for. And as for the running game, well, I seem to remember the Tacks rushing for 200+ yards or something like that and losing 59-0 to the Pats. So I doubt the running game is benefiting all that greatly from VY's mere presence. They were doing alright in that department.

I don't really care one way or another on the topic, actually. I hate VY twice a season and then he's a non-factor the rest of the year. I'm no Horn, so that doesn't matter to me. I just find it funny how you make these outlandish, hyperbolic statements about other people's "retarded logic" and then hang your hat on the one thing that undermines your own argument - the Titans' winning percentage. VY has less to do with the Tacks' wins than other players on the team. When compared to MS, it's ridiculous because MS contributes more tot he team's wins than many other players on the team.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison, which makes the whole thing absurd, but any pro-VY argument that relies solely on the Tacks W-L record is equally absurd, and reminiscent of the whole Vick argument a few years back.

Blazing Arrow
03-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Running the ball is nothing new for the Titans. In the AZ game the team needed him to drive the ball to win and he did. 99 yards for a game winning TD THROW.

infantrycak
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
i know the deal, icak. you are a hater of VY and not an objective party in this discussion. vince starts game. titans win 75% of the time. as a smart guy, and you are one of the smart guys around here, you should be able to do the math.

CJ gets more carries because that is their offense. VY's strength is his ability to get involved in the running game, but I guess that makes him a bad QB or someone who hasn't 'become something'.

Running the ball is nothing new for the Titans. In the AZ game the team needed him to drive the ball to win and he did. 99 yards for a game winning TD THROW.

OK guess that just flew over y'alls' heads. Pre VY - CJ averages 15.8 rushes per game for 6.3 ypc. Post VY did the coaches stick with the game plan or change it? Did VY's presence open things up for CJ (which very much happened VY's rookie season) or did the OL and CJ work for it? Post VY - CJ averaged 26.3 rushes per game for 5.3 ypc. VY does some incredibly dynamic things and can game change but his kitten tears aren't responsible for all that happens to the Titans. I thought he played considerably better last year than he has in the past. Still not a good QB and his coaches know it which is why when he came in CJ's workload increased by 66%.

Double Barrel
03-15-2010, 04:02 PM
if Vince is so bad, explain this. Vince is undefeated against the Texans. Discuss.

I am sure we will have a laundry list of excuses...that's about all we get around here...

excuses for Kubiak, for Mario, for Carr, for Smith, for McNair, for getting rid of Dunta, for OD's potential holdout...

And you're a Texans fan because.... idonno:

No offense, man, but surely you can understand the rebellion against the overwhelming hype of a divisional opponent.

I've stated it here before, and I think VY has improved his game after his mental meltdown (which, btw, has yet to be fully explained and can/should be used to evaluate his pro career. I do not recall any HoF QB - which you seem to believe VY should be compared to - having any sort of mental anguish and losing a year on the bench).

And as far as HWSNBN, you need to let it go. The Fresno Mafia is long gone, and anyone that defended the dude has since confessed to that lapse in judgment. You are becoming Don Quixote and Carr is your windmill, bro'. When you confess aggravation against the sausage jokes but still rant about that particular subject (3+ years removed now?), it's a bit disingenuous and lacking of self-perspective. :)

Honoring Earl 34
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM

Yea ... quit the sausage jokes already .

Here VY folks , he wants y'all to know ....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/love_my_nuts.jpg

NitroGSXR
03-15-2010, 05:34 PM

I don't know... for all of his doom and gloom, he's got some sound logic behind it all. I could live with him being GM. I know that the Browns would have been yanked a helluva lot faster than what we've been doing...

Second Honeymoon
03-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't know... for all of his doom and gloom, he's got some sound logic behind it all. I could live with him being GM. I know that the Browns would have been yanked a helluva lot faster than what we've been doing...

isn't it sad that not even just one but both are still on the roster...

but when a .500 record gets you an extension, why make any changes or create urgency?

WWJD
03-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Vince has alot to work on to be anywhere near an elite QB but I don't think the Titans expect him to be that.

They went out and got the elite RB and he's what drives that offense.

CJ is just like Peyton is to the Colts...the one guy they can't do without and they know it.

toronto
03-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I gotta say, this thread does bring a smile to my face.

I miss football season. :(

devo-x
03-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I just want the Texans to sweep the Titans next season - Schuab > Vince :cool:

HOU-TEX
03-16-2010, 09:20 AM

So, you yank KB and you replace him with.....Turk? Somebody in the audience? Or SH himself? He might fit the physical requirements of a kicker.

isn't it sad that not even just one but both are still on the roster...

but when a .500 record gets you an extension, why make any changes or create urgency?

C. Brown's an UFA and he's not on the roster. In order to be the GM, you need to at least have an understanding of who's on your team. Come on, SH

Second Honeymoon
03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
So, you yank KB and you replace him with.....Turk? Somebody in the audience? Or SH himself? He might fit the physical requirements of a kicker.

C. Brown's an UFA and he's not on the roster. In order to be the GM, you need to at least have an understanding of who's on your team. Come on, SH

:) Chris Brown should have been cut during the season just to make a point that his pillow soft play isn't acceptable. that guy sucked and should have been cut before the year even started....but Gary had to play nice. But yeah, I thought he was still occupying a roster spot. I better rescind my 2 weeks notice at my job now that i have been proven to not be GM-worthy. No hope in landing that gig. haha

Maybe they will bring in Rackers but that miss in the playoffs was pretty damn brutal. The Cards defense really bailed him out on that one by stripping Rodgers of the ball and winning in OT with a defensive touchdown. Maybe a change in scenery may help both players.

One thing is for sure, we can't bring Kris Brown back. He lost the confidence of the team and the confidence in himself. Best to just start over or even draft a young guy and go to war with him.

Hunter Lawrence might be a good fit but he played for Texas so doubtful that happens. Too bad the guy didn't go to Colorado State or play for Denver. He would be a shoo-in :cool:

HOU-TEX
03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
:) Chris Brown should have been cut during the season just to make a point that his pillow soft play isn't acceptable. that guy sucked and should have been cut before the year even started....but Gary had to play nice. But yeah, I thought he was still occupying a roster spot. I better rescind my 2 weeks notice at my job now that i have been proven to not be GM-worthy. No hope in landing that gig. haha

Maybe they will bring in Rackers but that miss in the playoffs was pretty damn brutal. The Cards defense really bailed him out on that one by stripping Rodgers of the ball and winning in OT with a defensive touchdown. Maybe a change in scenery may help both players.

One thing is for sure, we can't bring Kris Brown back. He lost the confidence of the team and the confidence in himself. Best to just start over or even draft a young guy and go to war with him.

Hunter Lawrence might be a good fit but he played for Texas so doubtful that happens. Too bad the guy didn't go to Colorado State or play for Denver. He would be a shoo-in :cool:

I wouldn't have any problem what so ever replacing K. Brown, but I'd like to see him beaten out rather than just whacked. I think we'll bring in competition for him and considering we just re-signed him last off-season, now would be the time to release him without taking the cap hit.

I re-watched the Rams game last night. Yes, C. Brown sucked with the ball in his hands, but he did pick up the blitz pretty good. Kubiak mentioned more than once that Brown was used primarily as a pass protector. Slaton went down, Moats struggled with protection and Foster was a rookie. What did you want them to do?

BTW, the Rams game sucked. Save AJ, our WR's and TE's weren't helping by dropping balls. Dreessen, JJ, Anderson, Leach and Walter all dropped crucial passes. Dreessen's was in the endzone. It was also obvious Schaub didn't trust Casey yet. Casey was wide open on a couple occasions. One of them Schaub was looking his way but checked it to Leach, which he dropped

NitroGSXR
03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
UI wouldn't have any problem what so ever replacing K. Brown, but I'd like to see him beaten out rather than just whacked. I think we'll bring in competition for him and considering we just re-signed him last off-season, now would be the time to release him without taking the cap hit.

I re-watched the Rams game last night. Yes, C. Brown sucked with the ball in his hands, but he did pick up the blitz pretty good. Kubiak mentioned more than once that Brown was used primarily as a pass protector. Slaton went down, Moats struggled with protection and Foster was a rookie. What did you want them to do?
Not call a halfback pass but by golly they did!

Honoring Earl 34
03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't have any problem what so ever replacing K. Brown, but I'd like to see him beaten out rather than just whacked. I think we'll bring in competition for him and considering we just re-signed him last off-season, now would be the time to release him without taking the cap hit.

The plug n play RB system that the Texans want to install , is only as good as the OL . That's the part I get stuck at , Kubiak is either doing lip service or really thinks that the interior of the OL is fine .

I do agree that Chris Brown could get , maybe 2 yds a pop , behind the Hogs . He was just bad and does that say something if he kept playing for his blocking .

HOU-TEX
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
The plug n play RB system that the Texans want to install , is only as good as the OL . That's the part I get stuck at , Kubiak is either doing lip service or really thinks that the interior of the OL is fine .

I do agree that Chris Brown could get , maybe 2 yds a pop , behind the Hogs . He was just bad and does that say something if he kept playing for his blocking .

I think Kubiak realizes that both the interior Oline and the RB's are at fault. I think the "plug n play" can be realized to a certain extent with RB's that have vision. Moats and Foster where decent, but Brown was doing his best Ron Dayne impersonation by running up the backs of the Oline.

Side note: I think Kubiak expressing ball security to the exent of yanking a player from the game might have something to do with our RB's lack of vision. After Foster fumbled in the Rams game Moats and Brown were more focussed on carrying the ball as if they had a child rather than looking for the cut-back or running lanes.

b0ng
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM

I wonder if the rest of the Titans think VY is so good and is the reason they are winning games. I doubt it.

It's also pretty funny that the Titans won more than 75% of their games with Kerry Collins. Hmmmm, must be a tough transition for the defense to have to beat on a different, yet totally worthless, QB in practice.

EDIT: Just saw this

LOL. Yes Vince Young is a great passer. Burnt Orange sunglasses indeed.