PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Recruit Leigh Bodden to be a Texan using Twitter

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Leigh Bodden is on Twitter.

Let's see if we can given him a Texas welcome using Twitter.

If you don't know how to tweet, check my blog post on this.

Recruit Leigh Bodden to be a Houston Texan using Twitter (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/03/welcome_leigh_bodden_other_fre.html)

Using about 120 characters, try to tell him why he should be a Texan.

:fans:

We are likely tilting at windmills, but hey, why not being the Brian Cushing of fandom and give a little extra effort (Cushing is working on increasing his explosion, flexibility this offseason by doing MMA training, BTW).

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
These are messages I've done on Twitter to him so far:

@LeighBodden Please sign in Houston. No state income tax. Cheap cost of living. Can buy a huge house for cheap price, w/ good schools.

And this is the one I sent around at first:

Hey Texan fans follow @LeighBodden ! Tell him why Houston is the friendliest big city in America and why he needs to be a #Texan. #hounews

If you want to send him a message on twitter it is important that

@LeighBodden

starts your message. That is the way on twitter you direct tweet at someone.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Leigh Bodden is on Twitter.

Let's see if we can given him a Texas welcome using Twitter.

If you don't know how to tweet, check my blog post on this.

Recruit Leigh Bodden to be a Houston Texan using Twitter (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/03
/welcome_leigh_bodden_other_fre.html)

Using about 120 characters, try to tell him why he should be a Texan.

We are likely tilting at windmills, but hey, why not being the Brian Cushing of fandom and give a little extra effort (Cushing is working on increasing his explosion, flexibility this offseason by doing MMA training, BTW).

Steph, you know me, I'm too dumb to twittertweet... Please twitt a tweet for me, "Texan_Bill wants you a Texan"

:) Thanks!!

:winky:

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry, the link was busted in the first post, and I fixed it.

DO YOUR PART, or be a sad person watching the Texans secondary next year thinking you could have helped the team get more players.

hot pickle
03-07-2010, 11:07 PM
i tweeted him already "hey leigh, hope you sign with the texans man. we really need ya here to make our playoff push. thanks for visiting. enjoy!"

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Steph, you know me, I'm too dumb to twittertweet... Please twitt a tweet for me, "Texan_Bill wants you a Texan"

:) Thanks!!

:winky:

Nope. You need to be a tweeter. This only works if we get tons of Houstonians to do this.

It is easy. It will take you 5 minutes to do, 10 minutes tops. If you can do five bazilliondy message board posts, you can figure out how to do the tweet machine.

Make it so.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry, the link was busted in the first post, and I fixed it.

DO YOUR PART, or be a sad person watching the Texans secondary next year thinking you could have helped the team get more players.

I just don't know how to tweet a twit on the tweetering... :gun:

*still plays Atari*

mexican_texan
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Doesn't Bodden live in Houston? Or am I thinking of Chester Taylor?

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
You currently have 28,984 posts on TexansTalk.

You don't want to hear excuses from players and coaches, and I don't want to hear excuses from you.

Make it happen. You can do it. I believe in you. :fans:

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Doesn't Bodden live in Houston? Or am I thinking of Chester Taylor?

You are thinking of Chester, I believe.

JB
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
GO TB!!!:fans:

If I can do it, so can you!

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:19 PM
You currently have 28,984 posts on TexansTalk.

You don't want to hear excuses from players and coaches, and I don't want to hear excuses from you.

Make it happen. You can do it. I believe in you. :fans:

Okay, I think I posted something about no state taxes, food and women.. :cool:

I hope I did it right.

mexican_texan
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM

I hope I did it right.
Good thing the rest of us can't see what you wrote.

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:28 PM

I hope I did it right.

Nope. I found you, and let's do a do-over.

You have to start your tweet with this addy:

@leighbodden

Then you write your message.

I do not think you should mention the gentlemens establishments given that he has a wife and kids according to his wiki. But I strongly suspect that the womens in this part of the world are better put together than the womens in New England.

GP
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I think I accomplished one.

I told him: "@leighbodden I signed up for twitter tonight JUST for the purpose of asking you to sign with Houston. Hope you do!"

@gp_1976

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Here some various messages left so far:

@LeighBodden I signed up for twitter tonight JUST for the purpose of asking you to sign with Houston. Hope you do!

@LeighBodden State income taxes are doubling in the NE & Pitt over the next 2 yrs. Not in TEXAS, no state income tax, it's the law!

@leighbodden You can be the final cog on a team on the way up and be the key to the ship of a championship team become a Texan!! #texans

@LeighBodden Tomorrow I'm going to the Texas State Capitol and have the Texas Reps fly a flag in your honor on becoming a Houston Texan.

@LeighBodden Hope you got you some of that great ole deep south texan food! Hope to see ya on the field next year in HTOWN!

@LeighBodden No need to leave Houston. We'd love to have you as our new Texan! Welcome, from Texans Liberty Tailgaters, you are home!

@leighbodden You'd love the #Texans. Friendly fans, solid locker room guys, great QB play, supportive owner, player-friendly coaches...

@LeighBodden Theres a reason so many athletes live here in the offseason. Hope to see you in Battle Red this season, LB!

@LeighBodden Houston's got food covered. Team on the rise, doing things right. You'd fit great here. NO STATE INCOME TAX. Sign here.

@LeighBodden Welcome to Houston! We need you, please sign with the Texans!!!!!

@LeighBodden Hey Leigh, as a diehard Texans fan I hope you can stay for 4-6 years. Hopefully more.

@LeighBodden hey lee I hope you enjoy your stay in HOU and we'd love to see you in a Texans uni!

@LeighBodden Texans are a TEAM on the RISE!!! Be a part of Texans short HISTORY!!! Help TAKE us DEEP into the PLAYOFFS!!! TEXANS > *

@LeighBodden Welcome to HTown, Leigh! Thanx 4 coming! Hope ur here 2 sign on the dotted line. You'll luv it. Texans need u & we fans want u!

@LeighBodden come to Houston! We're hungry for a Super Bowl and you'll be one of the reasons why we will win one in the next few years!

@LeighBodden welcome to houston!! Home of timmy chans and cheap cost of living. Hope to c u @ txns games

@LeighBodden You should be texan we realllllllly need a corner the final cog in a playoff run!! Plus everyone loves Houston!

@LeighBodden We would love to have you wearing the deep steel blue of the Houston Texans!!!

Let's drown out any Pats talk.

texanfan2002114
Thanks Steph!! Message I tweeted "Leigh, from a season ticket holder here in H-town! Don't leave w/out signing w/the Texans!! Young upcoming team that needs U!!"

Texans_Chick
I think I accomplished one.

I told him: "@leighbodden I signed up for twitter tonight JUST for the purpose of asking you to sign with Houston. Hope you do!"

@gp_1976

Yup, that's a good one.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Good thing the rest of us can't see what you wrote.

Nope. I found you, and let's do a do-over.

You have to start your tweet with this addy:

@leighbodden

Then you write your message.

I do not think you should mention the gentlemens establishments given that he has a wife and kids according to his wiki. But I strongly suspect that the womens in this part of the world are better put together than the womens in New England.

See, I can't even do wrong, right. :gun:

Texans_Chick
03-07-2010, 11:44 PM

You can do it. I believe in you. Try again. :fans:

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Damn... I got excited because I misread the thread title. I read it as: Leigh Bodden being our recruit and he announced on Twitter that he would be a Texan.:strangle:

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:48 PM
GO TB!!!:fans:

If I can do it, so can you!

Okay, not so much...

Texan_Bill
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Texan_Bill = FAIL

I would negative rep myself if I could. :gun:

Texans Pride
03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Damn... I got excited because I misread the thread title. I read it as: Leigh Bodden being our recruit and he announced on Twitter that he would be a Texan.:strangle:

I did too! I came running into the bedroom to tell my wife, and then realized I read it wrong! I was very upset!

Brisco_County
03-08-2010, 12:03 AM
I am adverse to opening a Twitter account for personal reasons, but I have a good suggestion:

"Hey Leigh, I have already drafted and signed a contract for you to play in Houston. Just tell me where to mail it."

mexican_texan
03-08-2010, 12:06 AM
@LeighBodden You're gonna stay in Houston right? Sign a couple papers before you leave

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Texan_Bill = FAIL

You are a Texan fan. Failure is not an option.

I will beat you unless you send him a recruitment tweet, unless you like to be beaten and then I won't.

:texans chick:

Your account works. All you have to do is put @leighbodden at the beginning of your tweet.

RagingBull
03-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Texan_Bill = FAIL

I got that covered for you buddy.

Neg rep coming your way!

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I got that covered for you buddy.

Neg rep coming your way!

Don't do that. TB's cool.

Shaft75
03-08-2010, 12:23 AM
shaft75 @LeighBodden We hope to have you as a Hou Texan. Your new job requires you to get the INTs and occasionally knock the piss out of somebody
less than a minute ago

RagingBull
03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote NitroHonda:

"Don't do that. TB's cool."

It was a joke. His post made me laugh so I tried to give a positive rep but it said "I must spread it around".

Oh well.

The Pencil Neck
03-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I sent my first ever tweet for this.

TexanFan87
03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
I sent one, hope it helps. Also, TB, if my computer illiterate butt just figured it out, you can to.

dalemurphy
03-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I sent my first ever tweet for this.

me too! The question is: What are we going to do if he ends up being Matt Stevens II. It's going to be difficult to blame the coach and GM since we've now officially campaigned for him!

mariowillshine15
03-08-2010, 12:31 AM
me too! The question is: What are we going to do if he ends up being Matt Stevens II. It's going to be difficult to blame the coach and GM since we've now officially campaigned for him!

Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

Sometimes you land on your feet, sometimes you land on your face.

He's been a good player in this league and im sure he would be for the Texans too.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 12:37 AM

They want him. They must have a reason. If they want him, then I will try to help them succeed the best I can. Bob pays the money. Fans provide the support. And then hopefully skill, hard work and luck will do the rest.

I can see the case for him: 1. hopefully cheaper than Dunta; 2. tall corner to help against the tall WRs that the Jags and Titans tend to favor because their QBs aren't the most accurate; 3. experience in the league; 4. better numbers than DR; 5. Can't have enough decent corners in a league where 10 QBs passed for over 4000 yards and you face the Colts twice a year.

Personally, I think he is trying to get the Patriots to pay more and then go back to the Patriots. But you never know how things go during free agency recruiting.

theanswer000
03-08-2010, 12:40 AM
They want him. They must have a reason. If they want him, then I will try to help them succeed the best I can. Bob pays the money. Fans provide the support. And then hopefully skill, hard work and luck will do the rest.

I can see the case for him: 1. hopefully cheaper than Dunta; 2. tall corner to help against the tall WRs that the Jags and Titans tend to favor because their QBs aren't the most accurate; 3. experience in the league; 4. better numbers than DR; 5. Can't have enough decent corners in a league where 10 QBs passed for over 4000 yards and you face the Colts twice a year.

Personally, I think he is trying to get the Patriots to pay more and then go back to the Patriots. But you never know how things go during free agency recruiting.

I get that feeling also. Hopefully he really wants to be here though and is not just using us to get more money from the pats.

keyser
03-08-2010, 12:46 AM
I get that feeling also. Hopefully he really wants to be here though and is not just using us to get more money from the pats.

I don't have a problem with a player showing some loyalty to their previous team, who still wants them. I hope he'll give us a chance, but if we make him an offer, NE matches it, and he stays in NE, I won't look down on him for it, and in fact, I'd kind of expect it. We'd want the same thing from our players.

What that means is that we need to make him an offer that NE won't want to match. And, that means we will need to overpay him. Hopefully, it won't be by too much.

JCTexan
03-08-2010, 12:47 AM
I got into the act and tweeted him.

Now how do I see all of his tweets from other Texans fans?

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 12:59 AM

Here's what he told Mark Berman at Hobby Airport (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100307-texans-to-meet-with-bodden-houston):

"I think it's great having a team like the Houston Texans being interested in me," Bodden said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports at Houston's Hobby Airport.

"I'm just going to go here, meet the coaches, and hopefully everything goes good."

Bodden said the Texans are the first team he's visited and he has some others scheduled.

"I do, but hopefully I don't need it," Bodden said.

He said the free agent process is not easy.

"It's kind of nerve-wracking," Bodden said. "It is what it is. It's part of the business.

"Hopefully I can get things done with the Texans and just move on."

And if the two sides can come together on a contract agreement, Bodden believes he will bring what the Texans need.

"I could bring a solid corner," Bodden said. "I get my hands on the ball. I play good defense. I'm just a competitor and that's what I can bring to this organization and hopefully I can do that."

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Stop talking and sign at the dotted line... there are jerseys to be sold!

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I got into the act and tweeted him.

Now how do I see all of his tweets from other Texans fans?

I'm not sure how you can do it from the Twitter interface. I use an application called "DestroyTwitter." It allows you to see all the tweets to and from a person.

Here's the latest:

@LeighBodden Welcome 2 Houston! Thanks 4 coming. Our DL,S, and esp. LB's are READY. 1 good CB puts us over the top. We'd love 2 have u.

@LeighBodden hi, i hope you like the city of houston and the team... it would be nice to have you there... we need a playmaker like you...

@LeighBodden Come play for us!!! Be the difference. Houston has it all. Great food, low cost of living and no state income tax!

@LeighBodden Glad to hear you picked H-Town for your 1st visit, hopefully its your only visit. Us Texans fans want you here!!

@LeighBodden, name will be the one mentioned to getting this team over the hump, u'll be our savior! lol, well have fun here in the H bro

@LeighBodden plenty of night life parties going on everywhere, i'm sure you'll love this city, be apart of the team on the rise, you know ur

@LeighBodden Welcome to Houston! Hope you decide to stay. I would love to see you in a Texans Jersey on Sundays!!

@LeighBodden yo we'd love to have you in houston man. the texans are ready to breakthru to the playoffs/super bowl-you can make that happen.

@LeighBodden Hope you become a Texan.

@LeighBodden would be a great veteran to our Texans defense.

What's nice is that there's a nice variety of people sending him messages.

Mr. White
03-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I hollered at him.

I'm glad we passed on the bigger names to take a run at him. We could really use this guy.

TexanSam
03-08-2010, 01:49 AM

Same here lol

I've tweeted him a few times though

AnthonyE
03-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Sent him this:

"@LeighBodden Houston is excited to have you visiting. As a Texans fan I'd love if you made that visit permanent! Hope you sign! :)"

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Okay, the Houston Chronicle currently has as one of its listed stories on the front page:

" Free agent cornerback visits Texans; blogger wants you to lobby him 5:47 AM"

Keep sending the tweets.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Morning tweets:

@LeighBodden hope to have you here in Texas Leigh, the city will embrace you! Go Texans!

@LeighBodden Texas BBQ is to die for!

@LeighBodden, U shud sign w/ the Texans.The City of Houston wants u here. Plus, we have many restaurants that make a mean Chicken Alfredo.

@LeighBodden, You saw in Wk17 Texans R close. Help push it over the top. We want you here. gr8 city. gr8 ppl, no state taxes. +u keep #23.

@LeighBodden Hope you can get a deal done down in Houston. We'd love to have you as we make our first push into the playoffs.

@LeighBodden welcome to houston bodden...enjoy your visit...hopefully things work out and it turns into a home for you and your family

@LeighBodden Hey Leigh, glad to see you in Houston! I would love to see you help us grow into Champions!

@LeighBodden we need you in Houston sir!!!

@leighbodden Sup Leigh, Hope you are enjoying your stay in Houston so far!

FirstTexansFan
03-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Two messages sent..... i r a hi tech redneck :)

gtexan02
03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if LeighBodden was someone else with the same name?

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 08:40 AM

Not really. In fact that would really suck because his profile says he is that Leigh Bodden.

Cjeremy635
03-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Not really. In fact that would really suck because his profile says he is that Leigh Bodden.

Riiiiiiiiiiigggghhhttttt......cause no one lies on the internet. :user:

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 09:16 AM

I actually have contacted the website that confirms that athletes on twitter are who they are.

I am pretty sure this is real leighbodden because I found his twitter name in the follows of his agents twitter which I'm pretty sure is real.

Looking through the tweets, they appear to be right.

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I just did my first ever tweet....I hope it worked. I didn't see it on his twitter page, just mine. Is that normal?

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 09:45 AM

damnit, TB. your a damn noob :) jk

here is my 2 cents for Leigh

@LeighBodden Get away from the Massholes and come to a real state. We got the best women, delicious food, up n coming team, & no state taxes

silvrhand
03-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Noone has mentioned the fact that he never has to play a home game in snow and cold ass weather?

SheTexan
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Fun reading all this stuff, but, my boy Bill and I have something in common, a TWEETER we ain't!! lol Heck, I can't post a friggin picture on this MB, how the hell am I suppose to learn how to tweet, twit, whatever!! Come on TC!! Do it for us!!! Lots of Blue Crew food and beer just for you!!

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
If only Rick Smith twittered...

@RickSmithGM "PAY LEIGH, RICK!"

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 10:04 AM
@thetexans PAY LEIGH, RICK!

maybe word will travel???

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Fun reading all this stuff, but, my boy Bill and I have something in common, a TWEETER we ain't!! lol Heck, I can't post a friggin picture on this MB, how the hell am I suppose to learn how to tweet, twit, whatever!! Come on TC!! Do it for us!!! Lots of Blue Crew food and beer just for you!!

real easy. easier than posting on this forum.

the most involved thing is creating an account and that is pretty easy

once you are logged in, just type whatever you want to say and anyone following you will see it. if you want to address it to someone, for instance to me, at the beginning of your message type @DougVanHorne or @LeighBodden for Leigh. Then type your message and hit send.

You can also assign a 'hashtag' to your message the same way. if you were writing something about the topic 'Oscars' you would type #Oscars and then type your message and hit send. That way anyone who searches for tweets with the subject Oscars will see yours. hashtags (#oscars) allow your tweets to be grouped by topic and @tweets (@LeighBodden) allow your tweets to be sent and viewed by the person you addressed it to.

hope that makes sense. its actually a pretty cool app and I have a good time following a bunch of stand up comics who are always touring and they always have funny observations and jokes. i have a few national football guys I follow as well.

Hardcore Texan
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Alright, I sent him a tweet, I will try to send a couple more throughout the day.

Mike Kerns
03-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Sent him one last night. Probably send another one today for good measure.

infantrycak
03-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Depends Steph - my wife likes gentlemens' establishments.

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
are there any verified Texans on twitter?

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 10:49 AM

Funny. So does mine. Thing is... I'm not a big fan of them myself. Lol.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 10:54 AM
are there any verified Texans on twitter?

A bunch of them.

http://twitter.com/StephStradley/texansplayers (http://twitter.com/StephStradley/texansplayers)

The person I contacted to confirm @leighbodden is running through contacts to officially confirm his blog post, but he believes it is legit.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
The weather might be a blessing in disguise... Houston's not exactly known for its beauty. The fog helps mask that the Houston is worlds apart from the beauty of Boston. Now that's a town with some real archiecture (sp?).

b0ng
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
"b0nger

@leighbodden - Yo, you gotta sign on with these Texans because who doesn't love awesome Mexican food and Andre Johnson? People with no soul"

Yeah I actually pulled out my ancient "1 tweet sent ever and no picture attached" twitter account just for this.

b0ng
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed at all of the love from you guys! Thanks for the support. 5 minutes ago via web

So I guess he noticed :)

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Keep it up Texan fans

From @leighbodden:

Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed at all of the love from you guys! Thanks for the support.

PHAROAH
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Come on mr. bodden we need you baby.

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 11:16 AM
So I guess he noticed :)

I let him know about sending a tweet to @thetexans "PAY LEIGH, RICK" and hopes it helps his cause out.

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 11:17 AM
A bunch of them.

http://twitter.com/StephStradley/texansplayers (http://twitter.com/StephStradley/texansplayers)

The person I contacted to confirm @leighbodden is running through contacts to officially confirm his blog post, but he believes it is legit.

Thanks...I have Chester Pitts on mine...hopefully he remains on the Texans list.

b0ng
03-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Yes but the gentlemens establishments in Houston are best "discovered" and not talked about on the web. It's kind of like Fight Club.

EDIT: But with boobs.

Shaft75
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Can you tell I really want him to sign???

@leighbodden Imagine practicing against the best WR(Andre Johnson) in the NFL on a daily basis. Become ELITE, sign w/HOUSTON!
less than 20 seconds ago via web

@leighbodden look at all this love from Texan fans!!! How could you not sign?
about 1 hours ago via mobile web

@leighbodden you've been up north for way too long. Time to head south to be a Houston Texan! Good music, good food and scorching hot women!
about 3 hours ago via mobile web

@LeighBodden We hope to have you as a Hou Texan. Your new job requires you to get the INTs and occasionally knock the piss out of somebody
about 11 hours ago via mobile web

ChampionTexan
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
The weather might be a blessing in disguise... Houston's not exactly known for its beauty. The fog helps mask that the Houston is worlds apart from the beauty of Boston. Now that's a town with some real archiecture (sp?).

I beg to differ

http://thanksforplaying.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/boston.jpg

Boston's a great city, and not bad as downtown skyline's go...

http://home.comcast.net/~lfrieden/houston_skyline.jpg

But Houston's got it beat hands-down.

JB
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
How do you stop following someone on Twitter? I accidently clicked on follow McClain and its killing me! I do not want to read his incessant rants about needing to lose weight. Or all his movie crap.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I would have to give Boston the nod as far as Downtown area's go but Houston is more spread out and Boston has some cruddy areas too, also Houston has a better climate 75% of the year, cheaper taxes, better real estate values, hotter women, better food, better football fans (boston is red sox nation), and a much nicer media corps that is very easygoing.

Boston has us beat on history of the city, winning championships, and an owner who is more committed to winning than our owner (opinion). Other than that, I think we got him and even though I prefer their owner's level of commitment to ours, our team has much much much more upside moving forward.

beerlover
03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
How do you stop following someone on Twitter? I accidently clicked on follow McClain and its killing me! I do not want to read his incessant rants aboutg needing to lose weight. Or all his movie crap.

serves you right :heh:

JB
03-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks for your support! :bat:

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 11:59 AM
How do you stop following someone on Twitter? I accidently clicked on follow McClain and its killing me! I do not want to read his incessant rants about needing to lose weight. Or all his movie crap.

Click on his name...then on the right it will give you the option to block him. Worked for me.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 11:59 AM

there should be a pulldown menu with an upside triangle that allows you to 'Block Fat McClain'

you can also click on 'Following' and you should have another spot to Block people that you are currently following essentially un-following them.

beerlover
03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your support! :bat:

sorry, too funny to resist, can only imagine the horror :cow:

JB
03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
there should be a pulldown menu with an upside triangle that allows you to 'Block Fat McClain'

you can also click on 'Following' and you should have another spot to Block people that you are currently following essentially un-following them.

Thanks! That did it.

JB
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
sorry, too funny to resist, can only imagine the horror :cow:

You are evil! :evil:

stevn8r
03-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Done! I hope this works out!!

Brisco_County
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Quick, everyone needs to flood his Twitter at the same time with the chant "One of us! One of us!" then post this link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM)

JB
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Quick, everyone needs to flood his Twitter at the same time with the chant "One of us! One of us!" then post this link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0)

That is strange!

JDizzle
03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm in, whatever I need to do to keep Fred Bennett off the field.

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Quick, everyone needs to flood his Twitter at the same time with the chant "One of us! One of us!" then post this link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM)

I'm not certain that would do anything but make him catch the next flight out of town.

Cjeremy635
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM

That's just WRONG on so many levels. Creepy.......:cool:

Malloy
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not certain that would do anything but make him catch the next flight out of town.

It would seem a bit... obsessive :)

gtexan02
03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Are you implying that we're freaks? Or that if doesn't join, we'll attack him?

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 02:15 PM

or both?

hobie
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Why would anyone want to tweet him and say come here, come here... I am sorry, but I will never beg or plea for anyone to come play for Houston ever.. If he wants to be here, he will sign on his own, but to ask people to tweet him and to see if there is love for him here...sorry bub, you can go elsewhere, you are not all that and my Lord, really....
I am sorry... but wow. If he comes here, ok, if not, so what, I'm not going to act like an 8 yo girl who begs to see the Jonas Bros...

badboy
03-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I just don't know how to tweet a twit on the tweetering... :gun:

*still plays Atari*Just like the Rockin Robin song. Tweet tweedly dee!

Hardcore Texan
03-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Why would anyone want to tweet him and say come here, come here... I am sorry, but I will never beg or plea for anyone to come play for Houston ever.. If he wants to be here, he will sign on his own, but to ask people to tweet him and to see if there is love for him here...sorry bub, you can go elsewhere, you are not all that and my Lord, really....
I am sorry... but wow. If he comes here, ok, if not, so what, I'm not going to act like an 8 yo girl who begs to see the Jonas Bros...

I don't see anyone ACTUALLY begging, gimme a break. "hope you enjoy your visit to Houston, hope you sign with the Texans......" is not begging, words of encouragement, yes.

I think you missed the spirit of the thread.

b0ng
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Do you shake your fist at children and tell em to get off your lawn?

JB
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Just like the Rockin Robin song. Tweet tweedly dee!

Gee Thanks! I wont be able to get that song outta my head for the rest of the day!:kingkong:

FirstTexansFan
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I begged him, I have no boundaries, next I'm gonna hump his leg.... :)

hobie
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I guess I am the minority here..and I just don't understand that I should probably be more open to wanting people to come here to play for the Texans by trying to sway them with kindness, instead of their desire to want to come here..
For my lack of understanding, I am sorry !!

hobie
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Yes, I do !!

Dutchrudder
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/uploads/getoffmylawnunbrand.jpg

RagingBull
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I begged him, I have no boundaries, next I'm gonna hump his leg.... :)

Rep for leg humping.

theanswer000
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with Bodden right now? Is he at Reliant?

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

His twitter has gone silent since he said he's going to the gym. Same with his agent...no news anywhere.

As long as I don't read "Flying out of Houston" before I read "Contract agreed!" I hold out hope.

FirstTexansFan
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM

He tweeted about 2hrs ago that he was at the gym, but not sure what gym.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I guess I am the minority here..and I just don't understand that I should probably be more open to wanting people to come here to play for the Texans by trying to sway them with kindness, instead of their desire to want to come here..

We ain't New Yorkers... we welcome visitors the Texan way. Im a native Texan. I'm proud to show my southern hospitality and welcome people to my home state. I'm just being a nice guy to a visitor. Bodden sounds like the kind of guy i'd be ok with as a neighbor.

ChampionTexan
03-08-2010, 03:17 PM

You want someone to join the Texans because they "Want to come here". Why is it bad if a part of the reason they "Want to come here" is because they received a whole bunch of tweets, and as a result felt welcome, and wanted. Giving someone a reason to want to be here doesn't fly in the face of your concern - it's kind of a necessary part of addressing your concern.

Refusing to "market" yourself (and in this case, I'm considering the fan base an asset of the Texans) and losing out on Bodden's services as a result is like a consumer company that expects customers to find them, and when they go out of business, they blame it on the uninformed public.

Ryan
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I tweeted: @LeighBodden-hope you can get a deal done with the Texans. You'd be a great fit here for our up and coming defense.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Part of a player wanting to come to a location is knowing that they are wanted by the fanbase there. That they know that the fans care. Also, it can't hurt to be persuasive, and say how great it is to live in Houston.

These are relatively young guys. Who are people. All people like to feel like they are wanted at a place. How many times have you read an article where the player marveled at how much another team wanted them to be there. Just recently KVB talked about how he was amazed that the Detroit coach was just down the street, waiting for the free agency period to start so he could come visit him at the house. (Works better if you have a relationship with a player).

I think it is time to send another tweet. I've been monitoring his tweet account, and the NE fans have noticed what we've been doing. A few Pittsburgh fans too. If everyone here sends one a piece over the next hour, we will knock those Boston tweets off his front page of twitters. You don't want to send too many all at once or you are a stalker--a bunch from a bunch of fans is just plain old fandom.

gtexan02
03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I think we should all create fake patriots and steelers account and tweet him things like:

"You suck"

"We hate you"

etc etc :)

Pollardized
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Somebody tweet him and tell him he can come by house, drink my beer, I'll cook him a brisket, he can lay up on my couch. Just don't touch my wife...

Unless he signs here....:texflag:

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Somebody tweet him and tell him he can come by house, drink my beer, I'll cook him a brisket, he can lay up on my couch. Just don't touch my wife...

Unless he signs here....:texflag:

This wins creepiest post ever, BTW...

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
This wins creepiest post ever, BTW...

I still think the freaks have it beat.

Pollardized
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Just trying to be a team player, that's all...

theanswer000
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
This is getting hilarious. I hope when I get home tonight from work I read that we signed him. LOL wtf is gym time!!!! suppose to mean on his tweet?
Is he working out right now for us?

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Just trying to be a team player, that's all...

You got team player of the year bro, you're good...

Blake
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
You wanna help Bodden become a Texan? Show him the money. That is all they want.

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
You wanna help Bodden become a Texan? Show him the money. That is all they want.

So, we can take a collection and mail him a cashiers check? Wonder if that breaks any rules?

Pollardized

I'll pitch in $10 out of my own pocket. Anyone else in???

gtexan02
I'll pitch in $10 out of my own pocket. Anyone else in???

I'll throw in my 1st round pick at next years draft

djohn2oo8
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
He's probably working out for the Texans right now

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
if he is indeed still in Houston, that is a good sign. the longer he is here the better chance this gets done. if he leaves without a deal, i think we are outta luck.

Kraft v. McNair. both guys have huge bankroll and had teams fall short of their goals this past offseason. who will win? based on track record I would say Kraft in a landslide, but Bodden is still here so maybe McNair is hanging in there and may spend some bread to get Leigh in a Texans uni.

ChampionTexan
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
You got team player of the year bro, you're good...

Actually, I think that title should go to his wife.

FirstTexansFan
03-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Actually, I think that title should go to his wife.

Lets not discount the sacrifice of Pollardized here, I mean, someone has to run the camera :)

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
if he is indeed still in Houston, that is a good sign. the longer he is here the better chance this gets done. if he leaves without a deal, i think we are outta luck.

Kraft v. McNair. both guys have huge bankroll and had teams fall short of their goals this past offseason. who will win? based on track record I would say Kraft in a landslide, but Bodden is still here so maybe McNair is hanging in there and may spend some bread to get Leigh in a Texans uni.

As of around noon, PFT was saying that they believed he was still in Houston.

TexanBacker93
03-08-2010, 05:32 PM

Of the two teams maybe he's looking at who is better set up to be a power in the coming years. I think the Texans have more young talent and have drafted better in the previous seasons (with the exception of Mayo).

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Of the two teams maybe he's looking at who is better set up to be a power in the coming years. I think the Texans have more young talent and have drafted better in the previous seasons (with the exception of Mayo).

Sing after me.....money, money, money, money....MON-ey.

You can talk set up to be a power all you want. Pats have done it...repeatedly. Texans haven't.

But the Texans are now in the plausible list of locations for players who care about good situations.

Wolf
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
thanks TC for getting that song stuck in my head now LOL

JB
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
thanks TC for getting that song stuck in my head now LOL

Yeah now I have MON-EY and Rockin Robin alternating. :kingkong:

TEXANS84
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
He has been working out at the gym for at least 5 hours now, cmon!

Brisco_County
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM

What do you mean? The people in that movie clip seem perfectly normal to me.

(The movie is called Freaks, and is a cult classic now because it was too shocking for its contemporary audience, and it subsequently ended the director's career).

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM

You wouldn't doubt it if it were Cush:kitten:

El Tejano
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Well it has been noted that many of the Free Agents we bring in say that the deciding factor was the facilities The Texans have vs. the rest of the league.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
According to McClain's twitter:

Texans are still trying to sign Leigh Bodden and Wade Smith but nothing will happen tonight.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Texans are still trying to sign Leigh Bodden and Wade Smith but nothing will happen tonight.

Smith went to Arizona. He's got a practice with them tonight.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

aka I don't really know what is going on, but i'll hit all of the hot rumor sites in the morning....the Mexican food I ate earlier is really starting to rear it's ugly head and I need to hit the can pronto. I'll try to beat all of you to the earliest breaking source tomorrow.

Lucky
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
What are we talking about? Practice?

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/zakks-sports-smack/iverson-practice.jpg

What he said.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM

:rolleyes: You see what I'm talking about. This city has the sorriest excuse of "sports writers" in America. This site has more breaking/up to date information than that bird crap catcher that they print downtown.

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Translation: Won't be signing Smith. If McGobbler put half the energy into covering the NFL as he does the Academy Awards he might not be half bad.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
:rolleyes: You see what I'm talking about. This city has the sorriest excuse of "sports writers" in America. This site has more breaking/up to date information than that bird crap catcher that they print downtown.

Info courtesy of Adam Schefler's twitter. I can.lt take credit. All I do is thumb my phone's internet for info.

GlenRice
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
It's over, he signed with NE

Texan_Bill
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll be twittering Bodden, now... Low down dirty dog!!!

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, Stephanie, you tried. That bastard cheated on you. :)

dtran04
03-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Pretty obvious that he took whatever offer the Texans had and took it back to NE. It will be interesting to see how much it was.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Translation: Won't be signing Smith. If McGobbler put half the energy into covering the NFL as he does the Academy Awards he might not be half bad.

McClain is probably using this same ACADEMY AWARDS ACCEPTANCE GENERATOR (http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.chickenhead.com/stuff/oscar/index.asp) to write his articles.

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, Stephanie, you tried. That bastard cheated on you. :)

Oh but there WILL be another round of Twittering after the red carpet treatment we gave him today.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Bodden's a twit. Dammit. I was getting excited.

Moving on...

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
aka I don't really know what is going on, but i'll hit all of the hot rumor sites in the morning....the Mexican food I ate earlier is really starting to rear it's ugly head and I need to hit the can pronto. I'll try to beat all of you to the earliest breaking source tomorrow.

And McClain apparently got stuck on the crapper due to a mad mother of a burrito and we all beat him to the punch....

Just another day of being a Houston sports fan that is searching for information about their local sports team :rolleyes: If you aren't proactive and don't do it yourself you'll never get the up to date info. Sad thing is, is that I probably spend more energy on this crap during my spare time yet those slugs are drawing salaries.

The Cush
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
This upsets me

Brisco_County
03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm not surprised. New England's next move has been the lingering question since this all started, and they need him as badly as we do.

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Adam_Schefter

RT @McClain_on_NFL: Keels said nothing would be offcial until Tuesday. That means they have a deal, but Bodden hasn't signed yet.

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
No need to be bitter. Stay classy, Houston.

As we know....

Sometimes you're the windshield (Walter uses free agency to determine market but re-signs with the team he wanted to stay at).

Sometimes you're the bug (Bodden uses free agency to determine market but re-signs with the team he wanted to stay at).

Happens all the time. Sometimes you get lucky though. It was worth trying, and it was a cool social media experiment. Someday we might have to turn on the twitter machine to help get something else done. So think of it as practice. Lord knows, Texan_Bill needed it.

Proud to be a Texan today, like every day. :barman:

JCTexan
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll wait until it's official before ruling him out. Once it becomes official I'll simply stop following Bodden on twitter. No reason at all in following a New England Patriot.

Big Lou
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, it's time to draft a real CB now. Would've been nice to have a veteran to help break a Rookie in. Come on Rick let's find a sleeper in the draft!!!!

GP
03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
No need to be bitter. Stay classy, Houston.

As we know....

Sometimes you're the windshield (Walter uses free agency to determine market but re-signs with the team he wanted to stay at).

Sometimes you're the bug (Bodden uses free agency to determine market but re-signs with the team he wanted to stay at).

Happens all the time. Sometimes you get lucky though. It was worth trying, and it was a cool social media experiment. Someday we might have to turn on the twitter machine to help get something else done. So think of it as practice. Lord knows, Texan_Bill needed it.

Proud to be a Texan today, like every day. :barman:

Very very true, TC.

I rep'd you for this post.

I also took the time to weigh in on this topic, over in the other Bodden thread. I think we can use this Twitter Tactic on the next guy to stop in for a visit.

At some point, I think we're even going to be mentioned by the national sports media if we keep it up. We'll be as famous as the Baltimore Colts marching band. LOL.

Hey, can you make us some groovy Twitter uniforms that we can wear?

Ole Miss Texan
03-09-2010, 01:24 AM
I think it was a really cool excercise. And what made it so great is that Bodden responded to the overwhelming support for him to sign with the Texans. You know he's gonna tell some of his teammates about it! A lot of times, players from other cities know nothing about a certain city, like Houston. This excercise could have opened his eyes... and in turn maybe another teammate of his at how supportive Texans fans are of their team and how much we want to route for them.

Kuddos to all of yall that did your part, now on to the next guy!!!

mexican_texan
03-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I might have jinxed it. I sent a message to Gortat for the Rockets. And Chester with his recovery.

HuttoKarl
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Does anyone have Kyle Wilson's twitter? Brandon Ghee?

Pollardized
03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I didn't want to give that bastard my beer anyway. And I think I'll keep my brisket for myself.

Malloy
03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I didn't want to give that bastard my beer anyway. And I think I'll keep my brisket for myself.

And you get to keep the wife too ;)

HOU-TEX
03-09-2010, 10:26 AM

That might've been "the perk" of the deal, ridding himseld of the wife. :shrug:

Here are my thoughts, and there are exceptions, but when a player hits FA there's usually one primary concern and that's money. The player isn't going to give a rats ass about the fans or what they think until he's all warm and fuzzy in his pile of dough.

Pollardized
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM

I was just dangling the wife out there the way he did the Texans. He had no chance.

After having me, my wife would throw rocks at him :dancer:

Dutchrudder
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
For the record, I did send him a couple tweets of encouragement, as the OP had asked. But I did NOT send him shitty messages for not signing a contract, and I would hope that other people don't either. It's all business, and I seriously doubt that Bodden came here with absolutely not intention of signing with the Texans. I believe he was weighing his options and guaging his value. I don't think he deserves any sort of twitter-rassment from Texan fans, so I hope none of you will do that.

/I made up a new word!

Texans_Chick
03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
For those who didn't see it:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6903760.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6903760.html)

If passion paid the rent, Leigh Bodden might be a Texan.

A group of staunch Texans fans, hoping the team replaced No. 23 with No. 23, took to the Internet on Monday to encourage the free-agent cornerback to sign with Houston.

But after being wooed by the Texans at Reliant Stadium and by fans on Twitter, Bodden decided to return to the Patriots. He is expected to re-sign with New England today.

Guess the idea of living where there is no state income tax, a lovely retractable roof stadium and real barbecue didn't do it for Bodden.

Mild winters, Texas accents and Andre Johnson didn't do it, either.

“Come to Houston and kiss the snow and funny accents goodbye and practice against the best wide receiver in the NFL!” a twitterer wrote.

Well, Houston knows we care. And so do the current players. And maybe some outsiders.

Though I didn't care for the tissue part of the article. There's no crying in football, and no crying from Texan fans.

:texflag:

Texans Pride
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
For those who didn't see it:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6903760.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6903760.html)

Well, Houston knows we care. And so do the current players. And maybe some outsiders.

Though I didn't care for the tissue part of the article. There's no crying in football, and no crying from Texan fans.

:texflag:

Steph,

I called 610 yesterday and told them about your great idea....Encourage all of Houston to tweet him...I said if we've got a little attention from him from those of us at Texans Talk, imagine what we'd get if all of Houston did this.

Great idea, good job getting this started!

Texan_Bill
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Sean and John also mentioned your efforts, Steph!!

HuttoKarl
03-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I tweeted Bodden congratulations on his new deal and wished him luck. No sense being a jerk about him providing for himself and his family.