PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Bodden to visit Houston-Re-Signs with Pats for 28.5 million /5 years 10 guar.

Pages : [1] 2

ArlingtonTexan
03-07-2010, 10:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/bodden-will-meet-with-texans/

Bodden will meet with Texans
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 7, 2010 10:57 AM ET
The second-best cornerback on the free agent market is ready to take a visit.

After some back-and-forth on the issue, Leigh Bodden's first free agent visit will be with the Texans, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. It looked previously that Bodden's price tag may be too high for the Texans' taste.

Perhaps Bodden's financial demands are going down. After speaking with Bodden's agent Alvin Keels, the Texans decided to bring him in. The Patriots are pushing to bring Bodden back, while the Steelers and Seahawks have reportedly shown some interest.

ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss writes Bodden could command money in the $4-$5 million per season range.

WolverineFan
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM
ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss writes Bodden could command money in the $4-$5 million per season range.

If this is the case then I would love to sign him as long as he's not looking for a massive signing bonus like Dunta got.

GP
03-07-2010, 10:50 AM
If we poured almost $10 million into Dunta Robinson's shoes for only one season, surely we can afford Bodden at around $5 million-per-year.

That's getting him for two seasons for the same price as Dunta's 2009 season here.

IMO, this would take Cornerback off the draft chart for the first two rounds. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Smithiak to still grab a really tempting Cornerback, or Safety for that matter, if he happened to be sitting at our #20 spot overall (or in round 2).

But for the most part, it gives us breathing room if we lock up what has been touted as one of the better Cornerbacks on the market. We dumped Dunta, and we pop in a guy like Bodden.

This makes the defense almost set, unless we're looking to upgrade even more at DB or DL.

But why would we? Seems like we need to beef up the OL--I'd like a big nasty at Center, personally--or maybe shoot for the moon and take a RB? I can't see us taking a first round RB, though.

My bet for round 1 and 2 is this: OL, interior DL (in no particular order, btw). Unless someone slides to us that was expected to be gone very early.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
According to the NFLN, he's in the air right now...

Malloy
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree, if we can get him for around ~5mil a pop it's an easy way to remove CB from the list of NEEDS.

WolverineFan
03-07-2010, 11:02 AM
If we poured almost $10 million into Dunta Robinson's shoes for only one season, surely we can afford Bodden at around $5 million-per-year.

That's getting him for two seasons for the same price as Dunta's 2009 season here.

IMO, this would take Cornerback off the draft chart for the first two rounds. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Smithiak to still grab a really tempting Cornerback, or Safety for that matter, if he happened to be sitting at our #20 spot overall (or in round 2).

But for the most part, it gives us breathing room if we lock up what has been touted as one of the better Cornerbacks on the market. We dumped Dunta, and we pop in a guy like Bodden.

This makes the defense almost set, unless we're looking to upgrade even more at DB or DL.

But why would we? Seems like we need to beef up the OL--I'd like a big nasty at Center, personally--or maybe shoot for the moon and take a RB? I can't see us taking a first round RB, though.

My bet for round 1 and 2 is this: OL, interior DL (in no particular order, btw). Unless someone slides to us that was expected to be gone very early.

Personally I would like to see us sign Bodden. It will be expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as signing Dunta. Then we need to open up the bank account and sign O.J. Atogwe (FS, Rams). He was a RFA, but they gave him a pretty weak tender. If we can offer him a contract that they don't match then we can get him without giving up picks.

That means we can avoid taking a CB or FS in the 1st (although I do love Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas) and then we can draft Ryan Mathews (RB, Fresno State) in the 1st and Mike Johnson (G, Alabama) in the 2nd.

This is exactly what I would do, but hey I'm not the GM.

GP
03-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Personally I would like to see us sign Bodden. It will be expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as signing Dunta. Then we need to open up the bank account and sign O.J. Atogwe (FS, Rams). He was a RFA, but they gave him a pretty weak tender. If we can offer him a contract that they don't match then we can get him without giving up picks.

That means we can avoid taking a CB or FS in the 1st (although I do love Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas) and then we can draft Ryan Mathews (RB, Fresno State) in the 1st and Mike Johnson (G, Alabama) in the 2nd.

Not bad, WolverineFan. Rep your way!

Not bad at all.

Ryan
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I love this.

awtysst
03-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Yup. I agree with going after Bodden and Atogwe. If we can also land OG Smith then we can enter the draft going after the BPA. We can literally draft the very best player on our draft board and not have to worry about reaching.

Also, it allows us to trade down and possibly out of the first round in order to stockpile picks. This is a deep draft so the more shells RS has to shoot, the better off we will be!

2slik4u
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM

If we land Otogwe and Bodden, theres no way we wont be in the playoffs next year. Otogwe is the most underrated free safety in the game.

Whats the tender on him as far as draft picks go?

GP
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I am worried about the Steelers, who have been reportedly interested in him.

He could stay on the East Coast, close to the region where he has made contacts, and he could be playing for a team who knows how to stay truly competitive on an annual basis.

This needs to be one of those situations where he doesn't leave Houston without a contract.

RagingBull
03-07-2010, 11:22 AM
According to Walterfootball, it is NO draft choices. Just first right of refusal. I guess this means that they have the right to match the offer.

"O.J. Atogwe (RFA), FS, Rams. Age: 29.
Tendered by Rams (right of first refusal)

O.J. Atogwe was one of the few bright spots for the Rams defense this year. When he was placed on IR, St. Louis' ability to defend the pass went into the crapper. "

WolverineFan
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM
If we land Otogwe and Bodden, theres no way we wont be in the playoffs next year. Otogwe is the most underrated free safety in the game.

He has no draft pick tender. The Rams tendered him with a right of first refusal, but no pick compensation. They franchised him last year and are trying to work out a long-term deal with him. I think they gave him a weak tender hoping that some team would come by and give him a deal and then they could match it and keep him without having to give him an Antrel Rolle-like deal.

However, if we roll along and give him a similar deal to that of Rolle then I doubt they will match it. They are a rebuilding team and I doubt they would invest $7 mil a year in a Safety.

I don't much like the idea of giving Atogwe a deal like that, but we need a FS and it would make our team much better if we could sign him and then use our draft picks on other areas of need.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2010, 11:26 AM

I thought Atogwe was tendered at a 1st and a 3rd.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryID=3491

EDIT: Nope. Just right of first refusal:

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/78267/

RagingBull
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds like it is time to break out the Poison Pill.:turtle:

If Atogwe plays more than 4 games in St. Louis, he gets a $1 Billion dollar bonus.

Jackie Chiles
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Sounds like it is time to break out the Poison Pill.:turtle:

If Otagwe plays more than 4 games in St. Louis, he gets a $1 Billion dollar bonus.

LA Rams to the rescue!

djohn2oo8
03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I love how it says "contrary to reports" in the article

RagingBull
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Every year they spend on ONE moderate to high priced guy. Last year it was A. Smith, year before it was Reeves. Year before it was A. Green. Looks like this year it may be Bodden.

houstonspartan
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I am worried about the Steelers, who have been reportedly interested in him.

He could stay on the East Coast, close to the region where he has made contacts, and he could be playing for a team who knows how to stay truly competitive on an annual basis.

This needs to be one of those situations where he doesn't leave Houston without a contract.

Agree with this. We need to treat him like we did Antonio Smith: First visit, hard sell, sign before leaving, cancel all other visits.

bah007
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I've been a fan of Bodden for years. I hope this happens.

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dav30jl-vA

I like how he plays the ball... something we need our CBs doing.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I had Bodden on my fantasy team last year and I got good production from him.

I'm not sure how he fits in with our scheme. He's more of a zone guy, isn't he?

Hottoddie
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Atogwe would be a nice player to snag, but what about Jarrad Page from KC? He's 4 years younger (25) & has great size for a FS (6'0, 225lbs.). I believe he's been tagged with a 2nd round pick grade. If we're willing to take an unproven FS with our 1st, why not give up a 2nd for a proven player?

hot pickle
03-07-2010, 11:55 AM
well hopefully since we are leigh's first visit we can snag him... lets go rick... spend some money

GP
03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Agree with this. We need to treat him like we did Antonio Smith: First visit, hard sell, sign before leaving, cancel all other visits.

I wonder if it's essentially a done deal, and the visit is just to make it formal.

I think this is going to happen. Monday presser to announce it?

LikeMike
03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Signing him would really open up our draft board! If we go to the draft without a new CB or FS we pretty much have to go with DBs in the first 2 rounds... with Bodden we could go HB or DT in the first, if a player falls to us that we really like. If no one of them is still there, going with Thomas or Wilson would still vastly improve our defense.

So Im all for giving him a contract before he leaves... Id be fine with slightly overpaying him either. Snagging up Atogwe as well would be huge, but Id be fine with going into the season with Wilson and drafting a FS in the first 3 rounds somewhere as well.

Ryan
03-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't let me down Rick!

Goatcheese
03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Bodden is a quality #2 guy, especially with his ball awareness. If they could get him for the reported $4-5 mil I wouldn't be against it.

I just question if he fits what we're doing here. He did not look good playing in a cover 2 defense, and we play a lot of cover 3. So would he be assigned the deep 1/3 zone where D-Rob mostly played(where his ball skills won't be put to good use), or is he going to be stuck in the flats where he struggled, but had more opportunities to make plays?

RagingBull
03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Apparantly Mr. Bodden was an UDFA and has WORKED his way into being the starting corner for the Pats. Something to be said for that kind of work ethic.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Atogwe would be a nice player to snag, but what about Jarrad Page from KC? He's 4 years younger (25) & has great size for a FS (6'0, 225lbs.). I believe he's been tagged with a 2nd round pick grade. If we're willing to take an unproven FS with our 1st, why not give up a 2nd for a proven player?

There's a reason for his great size. He's a STRONG safety not a FREE safety. He was tried at FS by KC with no great results. Problem is we need a FS.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Bodden is a quality #2 guy, especially with his ball awareness. If they could get him for the reported $4-5 mil I wouldn't be against it.

I just question if he fits what we're doing here. He did not look good playing in a cover 2 defense, and we play a lot of cover 3. So would he be assigned the deep 1/3 zone where D-Rob mostly played(where his ball skills won't be put to good use), or is he going to be stuck in the flats where he struggled, but had more opportunities to make plays?

Actually, in Bush's system, I think we play more man coverage than cover 3. And I wonder about his ability to play man because I think of him more of a zone guy. If we are playing more zone coverage, then I think he's a great fit.

Am I worng on that?

Scooter
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
i hope we pull the trigger.

Maddict5
03-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually, in Bush's system, I think we play more man coverage than cover 3. And I wonder about his ability to play man because I think of him more of a zone guy. If we are playing more zone coverage, then I think he's a great fit.

Am I worng on that?

ive heard the exact opposite. he has a reputation as a very good man corner that struggles in zone and was pretty bad in marrinelli's cover 2 scheme in detroit a couple yrs back

Goatcheese
03-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Am I worng on that?

It depends on who we're playing. Against the Colts they played a ton of zone to protect against the big play. Against teams that didn't have good QBs they would play more man and bring the blitz. The only major exceptions to that strategy that stand out to me were NE week 17, where they wanted to scare Brady right off the field, and the games where we got a big lead and started playing a lot of quarters.

I didn't exactly watch a lot of Browns football, but I've been led to believe that they ran quite a bit of man coverage during Bodden's stay, and it was his move to Detroit and their cover-2/Tampa-2 where he struggled.

TheRealJoker
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
This is the best signing we can make given our needs and the players available in FA. He is an upgrade over our previous # 1 CB imo simply because he won't be embarrassed against the opposing team's # 1 (like Dunta) and he actually adds playmaking ability at the CB position. Something we haven't had since Aaron Glenn was here and Dunta's rookie season.

We'd finally have a CB who is a threat for INTs and might even snag a pick six once in awhile while also upgrading our CB # 1.

If we can snag Earl Thomas and have a starting secondary of Bodden/Thomas/Pollard/Quinn I will be a very happy Texan :)

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Problem is we need a FS.

Kind of. Eugene Wilson will be back after Farve knocked him out for the year. He isn't a superstar but he isn't catfish bait either. In half a season he had as many INTs as our entire CB crew. God that's pathetic.

WolverineFan
03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Kind of. Eugene Wilson will be back after Farve knocked him out for the year. He isn't a superstar but he isn't catfish bait either. In half a season he had as many INTs as our entire CB crew. God that's pathetic.

Wilson is an above average player and a very solid starter when he's healthy. The problem is he has missed 45% of his games the past 3 seasons. That's why we need another FS. Technically, it doesn't need to be an upgrade but we all wouldn't mind if it was.

Cjeremy635
03-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about Bodden, because I haven't a clue. I'm taking the input of you guys and weighing the good and the bad. Seems like he will be an upgrade, but still has some areas where he can improve (as does any NFL player). That really isn't any different than Dunta, and if we can get him for 1/2 the cost, it's a no brainer. I'd still like to see us get a solid shut down corner (if there really is such a thing anymore), but maybe in the next couple of years via draft.

Mailman
03-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Canfora reporting that it's a two-horse race between the Pats and Texans and that Bodden is probably leaning to Houston.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I would suspect if he is carried into the flat by his man here in Houston, he will have plenty of help from Cushing.

Cjeremy635
03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Canfora reporting that it's a two-horse race between the Pats and Texans and that Bodden is probably leaning to Houston.

Good news.....I guess. Again, I'm depending on you guys to know if he's a good fit for how we want to run our D. :evil: So far though, he sounds pretty promising and keeps us from reaching in the draft for an unproven.

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Wilson is an above average player and a very solid starter when he's healthy. The problem is he has missed 45% of his games the past 3 seasons. That's why we need another FS. Technically, it doesn't need to be an upgrade but we all wouldn't mind if it was.

Very true. Can't stay on the field then the talent doesn't matter. But Wilson is a very solid starter.

I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about Bodden, because I haven't a clue. I'm taking the input of you guys and weighing the good and the bad. Seems like he will be an upgrade, but still has some areas where he can improve (as does any NFL player). That really isn't any different than Dunta, and if we can get him for 1/2 the cost, it's a no brainer. I'd still like to see us get a solid shut down corner (if there really is such a thing anymore), but maybe in the next couple of years via draft.

Bodden is just a different player. He is going to be more physical at the line (if the coaches allow it) and less physical on the tackles. He isn't Deion and is going to give up passes. He'll gamble more than Dunta does to get INTs. He's not a star and like Dunta he'll be a solid player who probably will never make the pro-bowl. As a team we need solid.

HouSportsWriter
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
im worried about this signing he comes from a 3/4 def and the texans are a 4/3 def dont get me wrong he is a good player but its got to be a good price

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
im worried about this signing he comes from a 3/4 def and the texans are a 4/3 def dont get me wrong he is a good player but its got to be a good price

That makes basically no difference at all to the CB position.

Cjeremy635
03-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Very true. Can't stay on the field then the talent doesn't matter. But Wilson is a very solid starter.

Bodden is just a different player. He is going to be more physical at the line (if the coaches allow it) and less physical on the tackles. He isn't Deion and is going to give up passes. He'll gamble more than Dunta does to get INTs. He's not a star and like Dunta he'll be a solid player who probably will never make the pro-bowl. As a team we need solid.

Thanks for the info Icak. :texflag:

djohn2oo8
03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Bodden wants a lot of money. Unless his price comes down, I don't see the Texans committing money to him they could have used on Dunta.
about 3 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM

The 3/4 vs. 4/3 thing doesn't really matter much to the DB's. If he's playing man, he's playing his man and if he's playing zone, he's playing his zone.

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Bodden wants a lot of money. Unless his price comes down, I don't see the Texans committing money to him they could have used on Dunta.

Do you have a credible source?

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2010, 01:06 PM

:clap:

JB
03-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Dont rely on McClain for any real info. He has no more insight than many here do.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2010, 01:08 PM

:thinking: Naw, I'm just hoping they sign him to make McClain look like an even bigger ass

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Bodden last year had the same problem that our CBs had.............virtually no consistent successful DL pass rush on top of no reliable run stop by the DL. Hopefully, we get better DL play this year, and therefore find Bodden to be a more successful CB than expected.

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
:thinking: Naw, I'm just hoping they sign him to make McClain look like an even bigger ass

Unless we chip in for a beignet marathon I'm not sure he can look like an even bigger ass. Dude looks like a hobbit mated with a walrus.

Pantherstang84
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM

I mean look at his next post for crying out loud. Oscar picks?

JB
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Unless we chip in for a beignet marathon I'm not sure he can look like an even bigger ass. Dude looks like a hobbit mated with a walrus.

:spit:

must spread rep

The Cush
03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
We have the advantage...he came to us first! Dont let this man leave town without a contract

TexCanada
03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
It would be a huge relief to have another decent CB on our roster heading into the draft. I wouldn't like to see us backed into a corner in a position where we have to go CB in the first round. Bodden could be a nice addition for us, and hopefully can bring a little leadership after being in a winning organization previously.

Thorn
03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Well at least there is something new to read and post about now.

JB
03-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Well at least there is something new to read and post about now.

I am sure it will turn into a McNair bashing soon!:specnatz:

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
We have the advantage...he came to us first! Dont let this man leave town without a contract

Hopefully, he's not playing us.........or if he is, we are able to offer him a better deal than the Patriots........and still come out of it with our pants still on.

The Patriot's news writer (http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonnew-england-patriots/post/_/id/4675820/bodden-set-for-visit-to-texans) (for the team's official newspaper, Patriots Football Weekly) from late this morning:

Cornerback Leigh Bodden is scheduled to travel to Houston today for a free-agent visit with the Texans.

Bodden's agent, Alvin Keels, has spoken with the Texans, Seahawks and Steelers regarding Bodden in the first few days of free agency. The Patriots are still in the discussions and have expressed interest in Bodden's return.

The visit to Houston is Bodden's first of free agency.

With Dunta Robinson signing with the Falcons, Bodden is one of the top cornerbacks remaining on the market. He doesn't figure to command Robinson-type money (approximately $9 million per season), but could be in the $5 million-per-season range.

This looks like a situation where the market will dictate Bodden's potential return to New England. If all things are equal, the Patriots would seemingly have the edge based on the positive experience Bodden had here in 2009.

m5kwatts
03-07-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm not a fan of Bodden, he's too slow for man coverage and will cost too much. I'd rather take a risk on 2 CBs in the draft and trust Reeves Quinn and McCain (can't trust Bennett and Molden).

Thorn
03-07-2010, 01:59 PM
With all our other high profile needs, it would be nice if they could sign this guy and not add another high need postion to sort through in the first three rounds.

Malloy
03-07-2010, 02:05 PM

Hard but true!

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not a fan of Bodden, he's too slow for man coverage and will cost too much. I'd rather take a risk on 2 CBs in the draft and trust Reeves Quinn and McCain (can't trust Bennett and Molden).

I'm still wondering why we haven't apparently approached Richard Marshall, who would seem to be a perfect fit here, with only a tendered 2nd by the Panthers (which even their fans can't believe).

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm still wondering why we haven't apparently approached Richard Marshall, who would seem to be a perfect fit here, with only a tendered 2nd by the Panthers (which even their fans can't believe).

Well we don't know they haven't and it isn't just the 2nd it would be a contract the Panthers would be unwilling to match as well.

JB
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
AJ has a good article about the visit

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2010m3d7-Texans-free-agency-update--Whats-the-right-price-for-Bodden

Errant Hothy
03-07-2010, 02:14 PM

Panthers would still get right of first refuesal, and therefore how much would we have to overpay for him to keep the Panthers from matching? And on top of that we would still lose the 2nd.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Well we don't know they haven't and it isn't just the 2nd it would be a contract the Panthers would be unwilling to match as well.

You're absolutely correct. But there is a lot of play room from the one-year, $1.759 million offer from the Panthers and what the Texans should be willing to offer. Just a thought.

infantrycak
03-07-2010, 02:28 PM
You're absolutely correct. But there is a lot of play room from the one-year, $1.759 million offer from the Panthers and what the Texans should be willing to offer. Just a thought.

I'd like to hear they are entertaining the idea. We just don't know what it would take to get the Panthers not to match.

Not directed to you - this time of year is interesting as the lack of information gets assumed to be lack of trying. I'm betting 80% of the moves by all front offices never get reported. If I'm Rick Smith what benefit to me is there to call up McClain and tell him we have made phone calls to x, y and Z players?

El Tejano
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds to me like he will come hear to get a higher bid and take it back to the Pats.

Errant Hothy
03-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Yeah, but I think the Panthers have a bit more cap space then we do.

keyser
03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I find it hard to believe that he'd really be in the $5million range, after Dunta's contract. It seems that any time we sign someone, it comes in a bit (though not a lot) higher than everyone was expecting. I bet if we sign him it'll be for more than $6 million per year.

RagingBull
03-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Dude, that's just wrong. Rep coming your way.:lol:

Wolf
03-07-2010, 03:08 PM
from feb 19th

not much of a tidbit

Leigh Bodden, who is one of the top cornerbacks scheduled for unrestricted free agency, has re-hired his former agent Alvin Keels.

The change shouldn't have a major impact when it comes to the possibility of the Patriots re-signing Bodden. It could have if the Patriots and Bodden's former agent had advanced talks, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Keels had negotiated Bodden's one-year, $2.25 million contract with the Patriots in 2009, a deal which included a provision that the team could not assign the franchise tag to Bodden in 2010. The idea was that Bodden could re-establish himself in New England and then set himself up for a market-value contract.

The Patriots had also offered Bodden a longer-term contract at the time.

So in that sense, with Bodden re-hiring Keels, the sides could potentially pick up where they left off last year on the talks regarding a longer-term deal.

Bodden had a solid season for the Patriots in 2009, leading the club with 17 passes defensed, playing 82 percent of the defensive snaps, and tying for the team lead with five interceptions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4675120/bodden-re-hires-former-agent

Second Honeymoon
03-07-2010, 03:24 PM
get this deal done. we need help at CB now that Dunta is gone, and there aren't that many CBs out there that could come in and start for us from Day One. I think Bodden could come in opposite Reeves and help offset the loss of Dunta. Hopefully the Patriots aren't just going to match whatever we offer but they have been locking up other players of theirs so maybe they spent their ammo.

Something tells me Kraft isn't going to penny pinch and let Bodden go. He will match our offer.

I hope I am wrong.

Maddict5
03-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but I think the Panthers have a bit more cap space then we do.

poison pill?

Mailman
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM

Icak is on FIYAH today.

SteveSlaton20
03-07-2010, 05:11 PM
pay him, rick.

Mike Kerns
03-07-2010, 05:41 PM

+ A Billion! :bravo:

djohn2oo8
03-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Just touched down.... Gotta find something to eat ASAP!!
6 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/LeighBodden

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
According to the NFLN, he's in the air right now...

6 minutes ago via web

Dayum!!! That was a long ass flight. :whistle:

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
6 minutes ago via web

16 minutes ago via web I really need to try to get some sleep before we land. This is going to be a busy week for me so I better get all the rest that I can.

I don't know that I like that comment..........Is he planning on alot of travelling to other teams or getting himself together to move to Houston? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

NitroGSXR
03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
6 minutes ago via web

He missed his flight earlier. THAT'S what took so long!

Jeez... I'm pathetic. Resorted to reading his tweets now. Seems like a normal dude.

NitroGSXR
03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Jayz and heezy? Bodden likes to party. Rehab used to be the place to go back in the day. Where do they go these days, club M on main? I miss the olden days of valet parking. I did it for 12 long years. Charles Woodson once told me he was definitely signing with Tampa Bay. A few days kater he signed with Green Bay. I know I know I know I'm Deaf but I'm a really good lipreader. I KNOW he said Tampa. I repeated it to him. Asshat. Never again did I report on something like that on a message board. Lol.

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Although many consider Robinson (510, 184 pounds) the better of the two cornerbacks (as some would infer from the monster contract he received from the Falcons), the 61, 193-pound Bodden would bring more size to the lineup.

In addition, Bodden was only burned 43 times on 87 defensive targets in 2009 (49.4%), while Robinson was burned 51 times on 83 targets (61.4%).

Yes, burns is an actual stat.

Link (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/With-hole-at-CB-Bodden-to-visit-Texans.html)

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Jayz and heezy? Bodden likes to party. Rehab used to be the place to go back in the day. Where do they go these days, club M on main? I miss the olden days of valet parking. I did it for 12 long years. Charles Woodson once told me he was definitely signing with Tampa Bay. A few days kater he signed with Green Bay. I know I know I know I'm Deaf but I'm a really good lipreader. I KNOW he said Tampa. I repeated it to him. Asshat. Never again did I report on something like that on a message board. Lol.

That you are my friend.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
FWIW

Bodden and G Wade Smith are having dinner with Kubiak and coaches at a Houston restaurant. They'll spend Monday visiting at Reliant Stadium.
about 1 hours ago via web

gary
03-07-2010, 07:14 PM
FWIW

Bodden and G Wade Smith are having dinner with Kubiak and coaches at a Houston restaurant. They'll spend Monday visiting at Reliant Stadium.
about 1 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nflGet er done.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Since I haven't seen SecondHoneymoon post in a while, I will take the liberty to post for him..

Bob McNair is so cheap we will never sign these guys and he probably only approved a dinner budget for Golden Corral. :cool:

:gun:

JB
03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Since I haven't seen SecondHoneymoon post in a while, I will take the liberty to post for him..

Bob McNair is so cheap we will never sign these guys and he probably only approved a dinner budget for Golden Corral. :cool:

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 07:23 PM

You're too generous with your comments, Bill. Don't you know that the guys will be going "dutch?"

mariowillshine15
03-07-2010, 07:24 PM

MMMMM Rolls

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM

...with water :winky:

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
You're too generous with your comments, Bill. Don't you know that the guys will be going "dutch?"

Right!! WTH was I thinking?

MMMMM Rolls

YUP! The rolls are good, and don't really have a problem with Golden Corral.

...with water :winky:

C'mon now, Bob will splurge for some tea.. Are you kidding me?

Seal the deal already. Dinner at Bar Annie (aka Cafe Annie - new location) and a trip around the corner to an establishment at Westheimer and Chimney Rock (upstairs of course).

Off topic: Rockets OT.

gary
03-07-2010, 07:33 PM

:gun:Here we go, TB you just keep living in your fantsy football world. Youuuuuuu know Bob is sooooooooo cheap, cheap, CHEAP.:kitten::kitten:

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Here we go, TB you just keep living in your fantsy football world. Youuuuuuu know Bob is sooooooooo cheap, cheap, CHEAP.:kitten::kitten:

Dude, he only spent $ 750,000,000.00 to buy a team. A real owner, that's not a cheapskate, would've spent
$ 1,500,000,000.00 for a team. ;)

stingray
03-07-2010, 07:37 PM

gary
03-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Dude, he only spent $ 750,000,000.00 to buy a team. A real owner, that's not a cheapskate, would've spent $ 1,500,000,000.00 for a team.I am joking around afterall, the Rockets are pissing me off.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I am joking around afterall, the Rockets are pissing me off.

I know, thus the wink...

With the Rockets, you know me, I don't ever blame the refereeing but this is bad.

gary
03-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I know, thus the wink...

With the Rockets, you know me, I don't ever blame the refereeing but this is bad.The refs need to be taken to be coraled after this game.:turtle:

awtysst
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Golden Corral?! Mr. McNair would NEVER approve of that. He's too cheap. No, sir. Kubes is treating the boys to 1 item of their choice off the McDonald's Dollar menu!

mariowillshine15
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Golden Corral?! Mr. McNair would NEVER approve of that. He's too cheap. No, sir. Kubes is treating the boys to 1 item of their choice off the McDonald's Dollar menu!

I here Denny's has unlimited pancakes and fries right now. Jackpot!

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM

awtysst
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Notice I said "Kubes is treating" becuase Mr. McNair is far too cheap to actually pay for the meal. That meal is coming directly out of Kubes' pocket!!!!

mariowillshine15
03-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Notice I said "Kubes is treating" becuase Mr. McNair is far too cheap to actually pay for the meal. That meal is coming directly out of Kubes' pocket!!!!

Well he does always say its all on him.

gary
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Sign these two and Pitts please. Then I'll say the Texans had a solid FA period IMO.

ChampionTexan
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Screw them restaurants with their fancy menus and their fancy prices - we're eatin' steaks in tonight. Somebody go find Toro!

Tailgate
03-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Sign these two and Pitts please. Then I'll say the Texans had a solid FA period IMO.

Yep. This would make me a VERY happy Texan.... they were my two favorites all along.

Then take either Ryan Matthews or Earl Thomas in the first round, and focus on the remaining DT, RB, or FS needs there after as they present themselves.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Bubba Burgers on Kubiak's backyard grill??

gary
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Yep. This would make me a VERY happy Texan.... they were my two favorites all along.

Then take either Ryan Matthews or Earl Thomas in the first round, and focus on the remaining DT, RB, or FS needs there after as they present themselves.
Don't foregett Caldwell knows how to play more than one spot on the line too.

JB
03-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Bubba Burgers on Kubiak's backyard grill??

No man, you remember those limited partners? They're there for a reason!

Ryan's!

TexanFan87
03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
McNair is to cheap for mcdonalds, i think he just bought them a king size snickers to split between the 3 of them.

JB
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I am sure it will turn into a McNair bashing soon!:specnatz:

I knew it! :ant::kingkong:

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2010, 08:14 PM

There go your PSLs, sonny.
--------Bob McNair

Tailgate
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't foregett Caldwell knows how to play more than one spot on the line too.

Absolutely. If he is the player they thought he was when drafting him.... he should take a big step in his second year as well. After losing Pitts, this and a signing like Wade would help take the heat off of a unit that had a pretty rough 2009.

gary
03-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Absolutely. If he is the player they thought he was when drafting him.... he should take a big step in his second year as well. After losing Pitts, this and a signing like Wade would help take the heat off of a unit that had a pretty rough 2009.I just would like to see Chester stay and Myers used as depth.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
There go your PSLs, sonny.
--------Bob McNair

SON OF A *****! :whip:

gary
03-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Hopefully I'll come home from school tomorrow and read both of these guys are Texans or maybe I just won't go period. Sh, I don't feel well caugh caugh don't tell mom.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Hopefully I'll come home from school tomorrow and read both of these guys are Texans or maybe I just won't go period. Sh, I don't feel well caugh caugh don't tell mom.
Get your behind to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second Honeymoon
03-07-2010, 08:37 PM

i posted just a few hours on go on this very thread, so post for me all you want

get this deal done. we need help at CB now that Dunta is gone, and there aren't that many CBs out there that could come in and start for us from Day One. I think Bodden could come in opposite Reeves and help offset the loss of Dunta. Hopefully the Patriots aren't just going to match whatever we offer but they have been locking up other players of theirs so maybe they spent their ammo.

Something tells me Kraft isn't going to penny pinch and let Bodden go. He will match our offer.

I hope I am wrong.

hopefully they can get this done because teams are coming at him from all angles

that doesnt bode well to get into a bidding war

like i said, its nice to have our 'hat in the ring' re: Bodden...

...who knows, we may even add a certain RB from TCU as well...we could at least offer him an opportunity to start and that seems to be what he is looking for...and some $$

nice to know you are thinking about me though, TB.

gtexan02
03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
lol this thread has turned interesting

gary
03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Get your behind to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well, maybe I'd like to join them at Hooters. Oh, wait that's not it. Damn.

NitroGSXR
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, maybe I'd like to join them at Hooters. Oh, wait that's not it. Damn.

One more year and you can join us at the men's club. First table dance's on me!

Or do you have to be 21? *looking to Texan_Bill for confirmation*

gary
03-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Or do you have to be 21? *looking to Texan_Bill for confirmation*TB should know he goes all of the time.:roast:

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Or do you have to be 21? *looking to Texan_Bill for confirmation*
TB should know he goes all of the time.:roast:

21.. :cool:

NitroGSXR
03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
21.. :cool:

Even the all nude places where no alcohol is sold?

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Well except totally nude places are 18.

Texan_Bill
03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Even the all nude places where no alcohol is sold?

Jinx....

TexanFan87
03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...-bodden-houston

Mark Berman reporting

GNTLEWOLF
03-07-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...-bodden-houston

Mark Berman reporting

Link doesn't work, but I searched Bodden on the search and found the story- Looks like he wants to be a Texan if we make a reasonable deal.

TexanFan87
03-07-2010, 09:51 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100307-texans-to-meet-with-bodden-houston

I fixed the link I think, hopefully this one works for yall a lil better :)

mariowillshine15
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/100307-texans-to-meet-with-bodden-houston

I fixed the link I think, hopefully this one works for yall a lil better :)

Great to hear, seems he would like to be here. Lets hope Rick Smith gets it done.

awtysst
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM

Can you get your mom to write me a note too? I don't want to go to school tomorrow either!

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Great news. Definitely open to playing here. Down to Houston and New England. Basically whoever offers him more money is where he will go.

awtysst
03-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Great news. Definitely open to playing here. Down to Houston and New England. Basically whoever offers him more money is where he will go.

That is what he says, and I hope its true. I still have a bad feeling he is Orlando Pacing us.

GP
03-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Sure looks like he made us the first stop because he intends on getting a deal with the Texans (and therefore not make any of the other trips).

We're going to have to make him a pretty good offer in order for the Patriots to not counter it.

In fact, I think we're bidding against the Patriots. I don't think the other teams on his list are going to even get a chance to talk to him. If we're being Orlando Pace'd I am going to be a little pissed off.

Assuming this is on the up-and-up, though:

I like that he has been with two lesser-quality teams (Detroit and Cleveland) before playing with a really good team (Patriots). That's got to give him a great sense of what it takes to be a true playoff-contending team, and hopefully he can be a better mentor for our other DBs than Dunta was.

leebigeztx
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I've always liked Bodden from his cleveland days. He's a big physical guy with good ball skills also. He's always been undervalued in my book. If Robinson got 25m gtd, then he's probably looking at 17m or so even though atl overpaid a tad for robinson. They can just give him 10m this season and spread the other 7 out over the life of the deal which is cool for the most part. It can still avg to about 5m per.

aj.
03-08-2010, 05:02 AM
What's hilarious is that about an hour before Berman interviewed Bodden at Hobby, McClain posted this on his Twitter account:

"Leigh bodden just landed at George bush. He's on his way to dinner with Kubiak"
http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL

Berman kicks ass.

awtysst
03-08-2010, 07:05 AM
What's hilarious is that about an hour before Berman interviewed Bodden at Hobby, McClain posted this on his Twitter account:

"Leigh bodden just landed at George bush. He's on his way to dinner with Kubiak"
http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL

Berman kicks ass.

I hate to take Walrus' side but, wasn't the issue that he missed his first flight to Houston? If so, it is possible that Walrus did not know that and the first flight did in fact fly into Bush whereas the second flight came into Hobby.

BTW, has Hobby been updated recently? The last time I was there was probably 10+ years ago and it looked very old and dated. I would hate to think that old, dated airport is the first image Bodden saw of Htown.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Any more news? This morning on sports radio 610, 790 or 1560 (forget which one as I often flip back and forth) they made it sound like Bodden was supposed to have flown in Friday and was already back in New England. This was contrary to what Berman has reported so I think they were confused.

They brought up a good point, that if the Texans really like him and want him (aka "their guy") then they will/can slightly "overpay" him. However, they may not be that desperate to do so and may try to give him a fair contract for both sides. Another thought is that they might end up just not being as overly impressed with him. I think one thing is for sure and that's if they're not overly excited about him, then they're not going to open up the pocketbook too far.

Re: awtysst - I fly out of Hobby quite freqently and they've done a really nice job of updating it. Really nice now and not like it was back in the day.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Any more news? This morning on sports radio 610, 790 or 1560 (forget which one as I often flip back and forth) they made it sound like Bodden was supposed to have flown in Friday and was already back in New England. This was contrary to what Berman has reported so I think they were confused.

They brought up a good point, that if the Texans really like him and want him (aka "their guy") then they will/can slightly "overpay" him. However, they may not be that desperate to do so and may try to give him a fair contract for both sides. Another thought is that they might end up just not being as overly impressed with him. I think one thing is for sure and that's if they're not overly excited about him, then they're not going to open up the pocketbook too far.

Re: awtysst - I fly out of Hobby quite freqently and they've done a really nice job of updating it. Really nice now and not like it was back in the day.
I also fly into and out of Hobby. They threw some paint on the walls but it's still a dog of an airport. I try to get my out of state family and friends to fly into Bush. Hobby kinda embarrases me considering the vast metropolis that is Houston.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I also fly into and out of Hobby. They threw some paint on the walls but it's still a dog of an airport. I try to get my out of state family and friends to fly into Bush. Hobby kinda embarrases me considering the vast metropolis that is Houston.

I hear you, I like Bush better. But the proximity of Hobby to my house and SW airfare being half that of continental is too much to overcome. :ant:

I really want to know where they went to Dinner. I really wish Bodden would be able to see the Rodeo and all that jazz while he's here plus get some great food. Then again I think the Jonas Brother were performing last night and I doubt Bodden is that big of a fan:)

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 08:23 AM
I hear you, I like Bush better. But the proximity of Hobby to my house and SW airfare being half that of continental is too much to overcome. :ant:

I really want to know where they went to Dinner. I really wish Bodden would be able to see the Rodeo and all that jazz while he's here plus get some great food. Then again I think the Jonas Brother were performing last night and I doubt Bodden is that big of a fan:)

What? That there is crazy talk. The Jonas Brother transend all boundaries. You, sir, disappoint me.

HOU-TEX
03-08-2010, 08:42 AM
What a lovely day for a visit in H-town. :rolleyes:

SheTexan
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM

Probably a great day for him, since he came from the Pats! Might be tired fo that NE snow!

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM

I thought that this morning driving to work. It's been so nice for +/- 5 days and now this crummy weather! Can't be any worse than NE though.:evil:

HOU-TEX
03-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Probably a great day for him, since he came from the Pats! Might be tired fo that NE snow!

That's probably true

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I thought that this morning driving to work. It's been so nice for +/- 5 days and now this crummy weather! Can't be any worse than NE though.:evil:

traffic was brutal today. some people in this town have no idea how to drive in rain. they think rain means you are supposed to drive faster and ignore other drivers.

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 09:50 AM
traffic was brutal today. some people in this town have no idea how to drive in rain. they think rain means you are supposed to drive faster and ignore other drivers.

My fience said the same thing. Works in Galleria area and was an hour late due to traffic.

houstonspartan
03-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Man, I work downtown and live three miles away. Normally, door-to-cubicle is 20 minutes, tops. Today it was 45 mintues.

My experience is that people don't drive too fast when it rains, but do the opposite: They panic, and make driving worse.

Getting in today was a freaking mess.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
My fience said the same thing. Works in Galleria area and was an hour late due to traffic.

yup and the cheaper/older the car, the faster they drive...and the less likelier they are to have insurance. and god forbid, if you get in an accident with an illegal alien. cops can't do anything and you are screwed.

not to de-rail this thread, some illegal aliens from Mexico were involved in a hit-and-run and were being chased by those that they tried to run from and during the chase they ran their car into my brother's house a few weeks ago. Smashed one of his walls in and basically the house has to be totally rebuilt. My brother just called the cops but I would have gone out with a Louisville Slugger and welcomed them properly into my home...and God forbid if they would have ran into one of my daughter's bedrooms. I would probably be typing this from Huntsville if that would have happened.

guess what? they didn't have insurance and couldn't speak a lick of english. they got arrested but they will be back, no doubt and not have to pay a dime to fix my bro's house. i told my brother to send all his receipts and all incurred costs to the Mexican consulate and make them pay it. If you can't follow the rules, stay out of our damn country, losers. speak english, damnit. this is the USA.

thread hijack over

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Man, I work downtown and live three miles away. Normally, door-to-cubicle is 20 minutes, tops. Today it was 45 mintues.

My experience is that people don't drive too fast when it rains, but do the opposite: They panic, and make driving worse.

Getting in today was a freaking mess.

yeah, im sure downtown everyone is pretty cautious due to pedestrians and stuff.

on the freeways though, there is always some redneck in a truck that thinks he is racing the Daytona500. Then you get the vultures err wreckers creating even more traffic when there actually is an accident.

cmon Leigh Bodden. Join our horrible traffic and gloomy March weather. We need you :)

Thorn
03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Suckers. I'm working from home today. LOL

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 10:20 AM
yup and the cheaper/older the car, the faster they drive...and the less likelier they are to have insurance. and god forbid, if you get in an accident with an illegal alien. cops can't do anything and you are screwed.

not to de-rail this thread, some illegal aliens from Mexico were involved in a hit-and-run and were being chased by those that they tried to run from and during the chase they ran their car into my brother's house a few weeks ago. Smashed one of his walls in and basically the house has to be totally rebuilt. My brother just called the cops but I would have gone out with a Louisville Slugger and welcomed them properly into my home...and God forbid if they would have ran into one of my daughter's bedrooms. I would probably be typing this from Huntsville if that would have happened.
guess what? they didn't have insurance and couldn't speak a lick of english. they got arrested but they will be back, no doubt and not have to pay a dime to fix my bro's house. i told my brother to send all his receipts and all incurred costs to the Mexican consulate and make them pay it. If you can't follow the rules, stay out of our damn country, losers. speak english, damnit. this is the USA.

thread hijack over

I had the same thing happen to me. Guy rear ended me and had no insurence, the cops chuckled and said you're screwed. Was a good day...Should be a serious offense. If I did that I would be in jail for a while.

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/08/leigh-bodden-is-still-in-houston/

Leigh Bodden is still in Houston

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2010 11:54 AM ET

Plenty of you have asked for an update regarding free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

So here it is.

There are no developments.

That is all.

Actually, there's more. We're told he's still in Houston and that there could be a development this afternoon.

Or there could be no developments.

That is all.

This time I mean it.

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I think we're hammering this thing out. Sounds a little like a done deal. Hope so, would be a decent offseason start if we resign Walter, Pitts, and nab Bodden. Hope we can get Chester locked up.

Cjeremy635
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I think we're hammering this thing out. Sounds a little like a done deal. Hope so, would be a decent offseason start if we resign Walter, Pitts, and nab Bodden. Hope we can get Chester locked up.

Truth! :specnatz:

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM

I can understand the team not wanting to guarantee Chester a ton money coming off an injury. Hopefully, they can hammer out a deal with him that is laden with incentives that are not hard to reach. i.e. start 8 games and get $2 mil. That kind of stuff. Man I missed him at left guard last year. I'm sure Schaub did too.

IBleedTexans
03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
yeah, im sure downtown everyone is pretty cautious due to pedestrians and stuff.

on the freeways though, there is always some redneck in a truck that thinks he is racing the Daytona500. Then you get the vultures err wreckers creating even more traffic when there actually is an accident.

cmon Leigh Bodden. Join our horrible traffic and gloomy March weather. We need you :)

I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside ,Doesn't mean you have to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston .People that drive that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work ,When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I can understand the team not wanting to guarantee Chester a ton money coming off an injury. Hopefully, they can hammer out a deal with him that is laden with incentives that are not hard to reach. i.e. start 8 games and get $2 mil. That kind of stuff. Man I missed him at left guard last year. I'm sure Schaub did too.

I don't mean a long term on Pitts, just a one year deal. Just want him back.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside , you hve to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston people that drove that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work. When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

my perception is that you have some people driving accordingly and then there is always some yayhoo in a big truck driving and weaving through traffic like he is AJ Foyt. This inevitably causes an accident and then were in gridlock.

i can't stand people that weave in and out of traffic thinking its going to save them time or make them not late for work. moron drivers. and i can't stand people texting or checking their smart phone and oblivious to the fact that driving can be deadly. bad drivers in this town and the crappier the car, the worse the driver.

texanfan2002114
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't mean a long term on Pitts, just a one year deal. Just want him back.

There is a podcast on the Chester Pitts thread and he talks about a one year deal, etc...

b0ng
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Bodden tweeted that it was GYM TIME!!!!!! an hour ago, so he may be working out for them right now or maybe he's working out before he gets on a plane.

Hey look I'm John McClain.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I hope that if Bodden does sign with the Texans, that the Texans end up smarter than those that ranked him behind Dunta and smarter than defensive genius Belichick and Atlanta's respected defensive mind Mike Smith.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Bodden tweeted that it was GYM TIME!!!!!! an hour ago, so he may be working out for them right now or maybe he's working out before he gets on a plane.

If you were JM you would have wrote: "Texans not interested in any over-the-hill RB's like Leigh Bodden... not gonna happen."

BIG TORO
03-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Sounds like he recieved a contract and now he's ready to start working out so he can get ready to be our shut down CB.

When will we find out something?

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Sounds like he recieved a contract and now he's ready to start working out so he can get ready to be our shut down CB.

I sure hope that's the case.

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside ,Doesn't mean you have to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston .People that drive that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work ,When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

my perception is that you have some people driving accordingly and then there is always some yayhoo in a big truck driving and weaving through traffic like he is AJ Foyt. This inevitably causes an accident and then were in gridlock.

i can't stand people that weave in and out of traffic thinking its going to save them time or make them not late for work. moron drivers. and i can't stand people texting or checking their smart phone and oblivious to the fact that driving can be deadly. bad drivers in this town and the crappier the car, the worse the driver.

Both of y'all are right

The problem is overly aggressive/fast drivers AND also slow drivers. When these two type of drivers meet on the highway, bad things happen. I don't have a problem with someone driving 35 mph on the highway if that's how they want to drive in the rain or even on a sunny day. The problem is when they practically park their ass in the "passing lane" which causes overly aggressive drivers (and even normal drivers) to weave in and out of lanes trying to pass them. That's when accidents happen. People in this city need to learn the concept of a "passing/fast lane" and that if you want to drive like there's a school zone being enforced on I-45 then you need to move your ass over to the right. I've lived in alot of cities in this country.....Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

JB
03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Both of y'all are right

The problem is overly aggressive/fast drivers AND also slow drivers. When these two type of drivers meet on the highway, bad things happen. I don't have a problem with someone driving 35 mph on the highway if that's how they want to drive in the rain or even on a sunny day. The problem is when they practically park their ass in the "passing lane" which causes overly aggressive drivers (and even normal drivers) to weave in and out of lanes trying to pass them. That's when accidents happen. People in this city need to learn the concept of a "passing/fast lane" and that if you want to drive like there's a school zone being enforced on I-45 then you need to move your ass over to the right. I've lived in alot of cities in this country.....Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

Never lived in LA?

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 12:12 PM

I hope thats the case! Maybe part of the agreement Kubiak said, "well you see, our owner is cheap and is paying for this dinner. This meal has to be included in your contract which will reduce your guaranteed portion AND you must work out for us starting Monday. You're welcome to eat in the players' cafeteria after your work out but we'll have to further reduce your gtd. amount by about $8 to recoup the cost. I hope you understand and welcome to Houston, hope you enjoyed Golden Corral last night."

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Never lived in LA?

Nope and I've thanked god plenty of times for it too. I want no part of "wackoland".

badboy
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM

This is exactly what I would do, but hey I'm not the GM.Atogwe stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8480

BIG TORO
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I hope thats the case! Maybe part of the agreement Kubiak said, "well you see, our owner is cheap and is paying for this dinner. This meal has to be included in your contract which will reduce your guaranteed portion AND you must work out for us starting Monday. You're welcome to eat in the players' cafeteria after your work out but we'll have to further reduce your gtd. amount by about $8 to recoup the cost. I hope you understand and welcome to Houston, hope you enjoyed Golden Corral last night."

Yea welcom to houston and enjoy our nice clean beaches!

I wonder if we have to pay players more for living in a less appealing city?

If we do get him I hope its a good deal and not like the Dunta falcons deal.

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
You guys should try the driving conditions up here in Canada. Blizzards are much worse then rain. Last blizzard it took me two hours to get to school when normally it is a 20 minute drive. Its not a problem right now though, with 2 weeks of sun all the snow has melted.

Oh ya, sign Bodden please!

Carr Bombed
03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
You guys should try the driving conditions up here in Canada. Blizzards are much worse then rain. Last blizzard it took me two hours to get to school when normally it is a 20 minute drive. Its not a problem right now though, with 2 weeks of sun all the snow has melted.

Oh ya, sign Bodden please!

I was stationed up in northern Michigan....diriving in the snow sucks, but even they handled it better than what Houstonians handle rain and had a much higher driving IQ than alot of idiots on the roads down here.

I guess up north you have to learn how to drive responsibly or you'll end up in a 10 foot snow bank off the side of the road.

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I was stationed up in northern Michigan....diriving in the snow sucks, but even they handled it better than what Houstonians handle rain and had a much higher driving IQ than alot of idiots on the roads down here.

I guess up north you have to learn how to drive responsibly or you'll end up in a 10 foot snow bank off the side of the road.

Good point, its Natural Selection.

beerlover
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Leigh Bodden was undrafted out of Duquesne. He is a big physical cornerback who brings 8 years experience with him. played only 14 games but still had 55 tackles & 5 int's. picked up on the cheap from Detroit by Belichick when they cleaned house, was due a big signing bonus over 8 million. Don't see how he is much cheaper than Dunta would have been but I can see why they like his upside & I trust David Gibbs alot in the decision process. Plus allows Texans to address another position early in the draft.

badboy
03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I can understand the team not wanting to guarantee Chester a ton money coming off an injury. Hopefully, they can hammer out a deal with him that is laden with incentives that are not hard to reach. i.e. start 8 games and get $2 mil. That kind of stuff. Man I missed him at left guard last year. I'm sure Schaub did too.Just got on the MB and not sure if posted elsewhere but Pitts was on ND Kalu's show Sunday & said he thought negotiations were "positive" but did say he needed 2-3 months to heal.

datchapin
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM

thread hijack over

Its bad what happened to your brothers house. However he does still have the recourse of suing those involved. A hit and run is a felony if I remember correctly add to that reckless endangerment and possibility of DWI they will be locked up for a little bit. The process of deportation is not an immediate one and if your brother brings the civil suit they cannot be deported until the case is settled. They don't even start the deportation hearing until after all punishment assessed here is served.

Sending the costs of damage to any consulate is fruitless, just as any other country sending their costs to U.S. consulates there.

I'm sorry to inform you that speaking english is not required to be here legally. I understand where the misconception comes from, but it is still a misconception.

I don't want to derail the thread further so I'll leave the subject alone. Just wanted to let you know your bro still has options.

nero THE zero
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
The problem is overly aggressive/fast drivers AND also slow drivers.

People that drive faster than me are maniacs and people that drive slower than me are *******s.

Yankee_In_TX
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM

I agree - people here when it rains drive like people back home drive when it snows.

When I first moved here I complaied at work one day (mind you, refinery on the ship channel) - and everyone looked (like I was clubbing baby seals) horrified when I said I drive 50-65 on the highway when it rains.

Err, and I am for signing Bodden on the cheap. Cheap Bodden > $22 mil D-Rob.

OzzO
03-08-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

infantrycak
03-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

Traffic in San Francisco comes to a stop to watch someone change a tire. The little comment balloon over their heads says "hey those things come off?"

Now I don't know WTF it is with Houston drivers and rain. Every time it happens it is like the first time they have seen it. They get distracted trying to sacrifice a chicken to make the bad jojo go away.

b0ng
03-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Now just imagine Houstonians in the snow. Yes I wanted to shoot myself as well.

Porky
03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
The old saying is that everyone driving faster than me is a maniac and everyone driving slower than me is a moron that needs to get out of the way. :user:

HuttoKarl
03-08-2010, 02:12 PM
The old saying is that everyone driving faster than me is a maniac and everyone driving slower than me is a moron that needs to get out of the way. :user:

Yep...if they don't drive JUST like me, they're bad drivers.

BIG TORO
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

We need to get back to Bodden!

HOU-TEX
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
We need to get back to Bodden!

McClain's probably in the janitor's closet with his Cook County hat instead of trying to get a scoop.

All is quiet on Bodden right now. Dunno what the heck is going on. Maybe his agent and our FO are trying to hammer out a deal while Bodden's hitting the gym? Or he's already back home hitting his gym? Who knows?

Texans_Chick
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
McClain's probably in the janitor's closet with his Cook County hat instead of trying to get a scoop.

All is quiet on Bodden right now. Dunno what the heck is going on. Maybe his agent and our FO are trying to hammer out a deal while Bodden's hitting the gym? Or he's already back home hitting his gym? Who knows?

No news, good news? /fingers crossed?

HOU-TEX
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Mine are too. The "GYM TIME" comment just seems misleading to me.

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
if Bodden leaves town without a deal, i vote to blame the 'One of Us. One of Us freakshow'

that was just brutal. i would be on the first plane outta town. :>

BigBull17
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
if Bodden leaves town without a deal, i vote to blame the 'One of Us. One of Us freakshow'

that was just brutal. i would be on the first plane outta town. :>

Or to a court filing a restraining order...

Second Honeymoon
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Its bad what happened to your brothers house. However he does still have the recourse of suing those involved. A hit and run is a felony if I remember correctly add to that reckless endangerment and possibility of DWI they will be locked up for a little bit. The process of deportation is not an immediate one and if your brother brings the civil suit they cannot be deported until the case is settled. They don't even start the deportation hearing until after all punishment assessed here is served.

Sending the costs of damage to any consulate is fruitless, just as any other country sending their costs to U.S. consulates there.

I'm sorry to inform you that speaking english is not required to be here legally. I understand where the misconception comes from, but it is still a misconception.

I don't want to derail the thread further so I'll leave the subject alone. Just wanted to let you know your bro still has options.

if a guy can't afford insurance, runs from a hit and run only to run into a house during the chase, just wrecked his car, and he can't speak English....its pretty safe to assume he doesn't have any money and probably has no business living in our country due to his being irresponsible, inconsiderate, disrespectful, and in general a liability to our nation's populace.

fwiw - i was only joking about sending the bill to the Mexican consulate.

gtexan02
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Maybe talking numbers now

Dutchrudder
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Has anyone mentioned to Leigh that he can have the recently vacated #23 jersey? Both him and Dunta wore it last year.

b0ng
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Has anyone mentioned to Leigh that he can have the recently vacated #23 jersey? Both him and Dunta wore it last year.

We have now :)

hot pickle
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
no signing yet? damn i was hoping this would be done by now

hookinreds
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
We have now :)

No kidding!

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
While we're all waiting, here is what Albert R. Breer, Boston Globe national football writer said this morning:

Is the Bodden's fate out of Pats' hands? (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/03/is_the_boddens.html)

The feeling all along has been that the Patriots will have their shot at retaining cornerback Leigh Bodden when the rubber hits the road and decision time arrives.

But seeing some of the comments Bodden made at Hobby Airport in Houston last night is enough to make you think that the cornerback won't be playing favorites with anyone.

So if the guys there on the left -- Texans general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak -- step up and give Bodden what he wants, will he just go?

Maybe he will.

"I had a good year [in New England], but it's all about who wants me," Bodden told FOX 26. "If they want me, they can get me. If Houston wants me, they can get me. I'm just here to see what these guys have to offer and just meet the coaches."

My interpretation: Whoever wants me more gets me. And usually "wants me more" boils down to dollar signs.

Either way, it appears Bodden wants a quick resolution, and not some drawn-out World Tour to find his new team or decide to stay with his old one: "It's part of the business. Hopefully I can get things done with the Texans and just move on."

Remember, the days of taking five and six visits are things of the past. When players make a visit, they usually know how serious a team is about them. And so when Bodden intimates that things could get done in Houston quickly, folks, he really means it.

BSofA04
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
What the heck is going on? Is he going to sign or what?! Losing patience here.

Pollardized
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
That's it - I'm driving down to Kirby Drive right, gonna knock on Bob's door and see what the hell is going on. I'll report back later............

Unless I'm in jail.

mariowillshine15
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
That's it - I'm driving down to Kirby Drive right, gonna knock on Bob's door and see what the hell is going on. I'll report back later............

Unless I'm in jail.

If you are dont drop the soap. There are plenty of Cincinatti Bengals in there looking for payback from their buttwhooping this year.

False Start
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
They said just awhile ago (610), that Bodden said its down to the Pats and Texans, so its all about the Benjamins! :kitten:

eriadoc
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
If the only thing needed to get Bodden here is money, Smith better get it done. The Texans have made money hand over fist in this city, and they better pony up.

NitroGSXR
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
They said just awhile ago (610), that Bodden said its down to the Pats and Texans, so its all about the Benjamins! :kitten:

I have a feeling we're being used...

disaacks3
03-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Why (Orlando Pace) would you say something like that? :rake:

False Start
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM

I'm getting that feeling too. :pissed:

I hope I'm wrong.

awtysst
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM

Why (Orlando Pace) would you say something like that? :rake:

I'm getting that feeling too. :pissed:

I hope I'm wrong.

I wrote this as post #`135 in the thread
That is what he says, and I hope its true. I still have a bad feeling he is Orlando Pacing us.

I hope I was wrong then and wrong now.

BIG TORO
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM

What about the pttsburg or seattle was'nt he meeting with them too.

CloakNNNdagger
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I wrote this as post #`135 in the thread

I hope I was wrong then and wrong now.

Parallel thoughts in my # 60 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1378234&postcount=60) post in the thread.

Lucky
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Belichick and the Pats aren't played by agents very often. They won't overpay for Bodden.

Bodden's agent is likely trying to get the Texans to bid against themselves. My guess is that someone will call the other's bluff, then a deal gets struck.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Belichick and the Pats aren't played by agents very often. They won't overpay for Bodden.

Bodden's agent is likely trying to get the Texans to bid against themselves. My guess is that someone will call the other's bluff, then a deal gets struck.

Totally agree. I'm also afraid that Smith gets too smart and tries not to overypay and we lose him. What overpaying is.. I don't know. Wasn't it reported early on that he might get $4-5MM a year? I'm aftraid with Dunta getting like $9MM a year, Bodden might get $6-7MM. Yikes.

steelbtexan
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Yeah the Pats wont over pay.

If the Texans want Bodden they may over pay a little but it's not like they're bidding against the Redskins.

This is a deal that can be done. I will be disappointed if a deal doesn't get done.

steelbtexan
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Totally agree. I'm also afraid that Smith gets too smart and tries not to overypay and we lose him. What overpaying is.. I don't know. Wasn't it reported early on that he might get $4-5MM a year? I'm aftraid with Dunta getting like $9MM a year, Bodden might get $6-7MM. Yikes.

Bodden is better than DR. IMHO

10 mil front loaded on a 4 yr 24 mil deal sounds like a fair deal to me.

2010 being uncapped, this gives a wealthy franchise like the Texans a chance to front load contracts and be in great shape cap wise in 2011 and going forward. I might even give Bodden 15 mil up front on a 4 ys 20 mil deal and be in even better cap shape going forward.

McNair has a chance to make this franchise a powerhouse in the future. If he chooses to pay up front in this (2010) uncapped year.

texanfan2002114
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Via JM -

McClain_on_NFL Texans are still trying to sign Leigh Bodden and Wade Smith but nothing will happen tonight.

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Via JM -

McClain_on_NFL Texans are still trying to sign Leigh Bodden and Wade Smith but nothing will happen tonight.

If they are on a plane then it's over.

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
michaelombardi

Leigh Bodden resigns with the NE Patriots. 2 minutes ago via Twitterrific

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THAT F'N BASTARD USED US!

:( :( :(

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Just saw this on WalterFootball:
Leigh Bodden, CB, Patriots. Age: 28 (http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2010CB.php)
What I wrote last year: "One of the top press corners in the NFL, Leigh Bodden struggled last year because Matt Millen foolishly decided that Bodden could play in a zone scheme. Chad Ochocinco recently called Bodden the top corner in the NFL." Well, Bodden just had an amazing season and should be awarded with a massive contract.
They have him as the highest rated [free agent] cornerback at 4 out of 5 stars. Dunta was ranked 4th at 3 stars, FWIW.

djohn2oo8
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
michaelombardi

LOL Texans Front Office

BSofA04
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Via JM -

Apparently Wade Smith is heading to Arizona tomorrow per Adam Schefter, sooooo IDK :shrug:

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
michaelombardi

WWHAATT!!!? How can he have re-signed already, shouldn't be more like "will be re-signing with the Patriots"? No way he's already signed any docs... unless its with US!

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Apparently Wade Smith is heading to Arizona tomorrow per Adam Schefter, sooooo IDK :shrug:

Struck out twice. Crap.

I think McNair and Smith didn't want to open up the wallets for improvement to this squad.

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
michaelombardi

Got Paced again.

mariowillshine15
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Got Paced again.

Can someone explain to me the Orlando Pace thing? I dont recall what happened.

Texan_Bill
michaelombardi

And just followed up on the NFLN.

djohn2oo8
Dumbass Bud McNair and Rick Smith think they are Daryl Morey

redwhiteANDblue
03-08-2010, 07:01 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:crying:

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Back to the Kyle Wilson in the 1st round strategy I guess.

barrett
03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
sweet. I win.

El Tejano
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey Bob, just wanted to remind you that signing good talent will put people in the seats again and make you more money than you spent.

False Start
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Well hell, that blows. :pissed: To heck with him then.

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I think we should wait to hear the terms of the contract before we complain. I'd rather he walked then over-pay him.

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Back to the Kyle Wilson in the 1st round strategy I guess.

Yup... Cornerback no later than the 2nd round i'm thinking.

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
McClain_on_NFL

After spending the day with the Texans, Leigh Bodden left and has re-signed with the Patriots. Good for him. They were trying to keep him..

This ********* never thought we had a shot.

Jackie Chiles
03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
His agent says nothing is done yet and the reports are premature but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

TexCanada
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I just read that reports on Bodden are NOT true. He may still be evaluating his options.

Anybody have anything official?

J_R
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
HOLD IT! His agent has something to say.

http://twitter.com/AlvinKeels/status/10197154790

AnthonyE
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
McClain_on_NFL

After spending the day with the Texans, Leigh Bodden left and has re-signed with the Patriots. Good for him. They were trying to keep him..

This ********* never thought we had a shot.

He's just happy because he claimed we didn't have any interest in him.

ATXtexanfan
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Sucks but oh well. He was the second best corner to dunta.

Carr Bombed
Dumbass Bud McNair and Rick Smith think they are Daryl Morey

Yeah, because it's now not obvious that all Bodden was looking for was a offer sheet to take back to the Pats.

As far as your Morey analogy...well Smith and Kubiak were Charlotte and Bodden was Carl Landry. The guy and the Pats were just setting market value.

J_R
McClain_on_NFL Bodden's agent, Alvin Keels, says reports of Bodden re-signing with Patriots aren't true.

McClain_on_NFL After spending the day with the Texans, Leigh Bodden left and has re-signed with the Patriots. Good for him. They were trying to keep him..

Texans34Life

Yeah, I'm not going to believe his crap.

Pantherstang84
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
According to the PFT report...

"Bodden has left the building."

Strike 2.

TexanFan881
Can someone explain to me the Orlando Pace thing? I dont recall what happened.

We brought him in for a visit and supposedly were really interested. Turned out he just came here to get more money out of the rams and he was never really interested. Pretty much the same scenario as here.

BSofA04

So you're saying there's a chance?
http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsC/2760-5456.gif

Man this sucks!

djohn2oo8
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
So you're saying there's a chance?
http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsC/2760-5456.gif

Nope

Texans34Life
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

Texan_Bill
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope Bob did only approve the Golden Corral food budget. :pissed:

J_R
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

You're right. I shouldnt have bought that crap either. :o

Hardcore Texan
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I guess Bodden just isn't Texans material afterall.....