PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Trade for Kerry Rhodes

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Filed to ESPN: Arizona trades a fourth-round pick this year and a seventh next year for Jets S Kerry Rhodes.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

TheRealJoker
03-06-2010, 06:47 PM
That's all it took to get one of the best safeties in the game?!?!?!

Why didn't we make that trade for a FS in his prime? Why did the Jets give him up for so little? Disgruntled player?

gg no re
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
So cut Sheppard, acquire Cromartie, trade Rhodes...

Are the Jets trying to lose?

mariowillshine15
03-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Rhodes is good but overrated. He fell off big time this year and was benched at one point.

Still a 4th and 7th is cheap for a guy who was as good as he was before.

His contract is pretty big though.

TheRealJoker
03-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Rhodes is good but overrated. He fell off big time this year and was benched at one point.

Still a 4th and 7th is cheap for a guy who was as good as he was before.

His contract is pretty big though.

Adding Cromartie but losing Rhodes results in a net loss for the Jets secondary. Behind every good CB is a good safety. Without Rhodes providing help over the top, we might actually see Revis get burnt this season. It will definitely happen to Cromartie.

steelbtexan
03-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Rhodes is going to make almost 3 mil next year.

That's the reason Rhodes isn't a Texan.

Rhodes went for a cheap price though.

The Cards were willing to pony up the $ and the Texans weren't. Who da thunk it?

infantrycak
03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Rhodes is going to make almost 3 mil next year.

That's the reason Rhodes isn't a Texan.

Rhodes went for a cheap price though.

The Cards were willing to pony up the $ and the Texans weren't. Who da thunk it?

The Texans just spent more on their #2 or #3 WR. Really makes this kind of comment look well ridiculous.

edo783
03-06-2010, 09:38 PM
The Texans just spent more on their #2 or #3 WR. Really makes this kind of comment look well ridiculous.

Truth won't make any difference to him CAK. He just has a woody for McNair for some reason and keeps trying to make him out to be cheap, even when all the data says otherwise.

steelbtexan
03-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Cant wait to see how many Wade Smiths of the world the Texans sign in FA.

Bottom line is McNair saved 16.2 mil cutting DR and CP. He spent 4 mil on KW.

I wonder how much of the 12.2 mil McNair will spend on the Wade Smiths?

steelbtexan
03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Truth won't make any difference to him CAK. He just has a woody for McNair for some reason and keeps trying to make him out to be cheap, even when all the data says otherwise.

No

I just want the owner to put the best team on the field as possible.

He hasn't made every effort to do this in the 8 yrs of this franchise. IMHO

You disagree with me and I respect that. Because we all want the Texans to win a championship.

BigBull17
03-07-2010, 08:59 PM
No

I just want the owner to put the best team on the field as possible.

He hasn't made every effort to do this in the 8 yrs of this franchise. IMHO

You disagree with me and I respect that. Because we all want the Texans to win a championship.

When has amount of money dictated the best team? It's the team who spends the wise buck. The Redskins don't win every year, and they go ape **** all the time. High payroll doesn't equal wins.

Dutchrudder
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
When has amount of money dictated the best team? It's the team who spends the wise buck.The Redskins don't win every year, and they go ape **** all the time. High payroll doesn't equal wins.

That only works in baseball, and even that isn't consistent.