PDA

View Full Version : "I'm A Texan" Fan Contest

Dr2bKay
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.imatexan.com/photocontest.asp?bhcp=1

"I'm a Texan" Fan Photo Contest
Are you the ultimate Houston Texans fan? Now is your chance to prove it.

As part of the "I'm a Texan" Fan Photo Contest, we want fans to submit photos of themselves from around the globe, spreading their Texans' passion. Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:

Creativity
Texans spirit
Photo quality
Please send your submissions (along with a brief description or caption) to gotexans@houstontexans.com from March 1 - March 15. We will select the Top 5 photos, which fans will vote on from March 16 - March 31.

The top vote-getter will receive a $400 gift card to our online store. The runner-up will receive a $200 gift card to our online store, and the third-place winner will get a $100 gift card to our online store.

NOTE: Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.

HouSportsWriter
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.imatexan.com/photocontest.asp?bhcp=1

"I'm a Texan" Fan Photo Contest
Are you the ultimate Houston Texans fan? Now is your chance to prove it.

As part of the "I'm a Texan" Fan Photo Contest, we want fans to submit photos of themselves from around the globe, spreading their Texans' passion. Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:

Creativity
Texans spirit
Photo quality
Please send your submissions (along with a brief description or caption) to gotexans@houstontexans.com from March 1 - March 15. We will select the Top 5 photos, which fans will vote on from March 16 - March 31.

The top vote-getter will receive a $400 gift card to our online store. The runner-up will receive a $200 gift card to our online store, and the third-place winner will get a $100 gift card to our online store.

NOTE: Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.

wtf!

GermanTexan
03-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Now you can vote for the 5 selectet photos.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/IATCvote.asp

Dammit i shouldve taken a photo in front of cologne cathedral.

JT
03-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Two token military photos? Really now? I'll go with number 4 then.

Joe Texan
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I submitted the photo they advertised with and I did not get a shot, Also a photo at the Hall of Fame Oh Well guess I am nOt the #1 Fan after all

gtexan02
03-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Doh! I can't believe I missed this. I would have submitted one of me in Va!

NitroGSXR
03-17-2010, 12:13 PM
I see BobbleTexan. He's a nice guy and a great fan. I like the haircut one though.

Yankee_In_TX
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
#5 - someone had to pack that flag...

disaacks3
03-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Haicut dude...he's not Jacoby, but that's a sweet cut.

NitroGSXR
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Haicut dude...he's not Jacoby, but that's a sweet cut.

I especially like how he has the hat in his lap. Yup. That one gets my vote.

imatexan
03-18-2010, 06:56 PM
The third picture should not be considered, it does not follow any of the requirements.

I don' have anything against the guy, quite the opposite actually, I appreciate his service but for this contest he should not be a finalist.

That is not his fault, it is whoever chose the pictures.

MannyFresh
03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
The third picture should not be considered, it does not follow any of the requirements.

I don' have anything against the guy, quite the opposite actually, I appreciate his service but for this contest he should not be a finalist.

That is not his fault, it is whoever chose the pictures.

Yeah I had to re-look at it again and figure why its on there and noticed it was the cap. Nevertheless your right, thanks for your service but I'm going with the haircut.

gtexan02
03-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah I had to re-look at it again and figure why its on there and noticed it was the cap. Nevertheless your right, thanks for your service but I'm going with the haircut.

I totally missed the hat too. You have to have pretty good eyes to catch that it says anything Texans related

OzzO
03-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Haircut FTW!

Texans_Chick
03-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm friends with Mark so I'm voting for #1. He represents the team well...a really solid fan of the team.

And he's shaved the toro in his hair too for a game, but didn't include that for the contest. I guess he was going for the cool location thing.

Love the Iraq pictures. Very bad ass.

(I've sent some flags to Iraq for some guys who asked how you could get them. Don't think that is one that I sent but you never know).

:texflag:

Sideline
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Love the haircut shot, that gets my vote.

I should of entered with a shot outside Big Ben or something very British.

TexansFight
03-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Thankfully, JoeTexan was not one of the choices. I cringe whenever I see his visage associated with the Texans. I agree that the haircut was probably the best. The guy with the Texans flag in front of Cowboys Stadium is frigging embarrassing and pure aggy-like penis envy with a dose of inferiority complex thrown in. The Cowboys are not our rivals and as much as it pains me to acknowledge this, they own us when it comes to NFL football tradition and success.

Joe Texan
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
thankfully, joetexan was not one of the choices. I cringe whenever i see his visage associated with the texans. I agree that the haircut was probably the best. The guy with the texans flag in front of cowboys stadium is frigging embarrassing and pure aggy-like penis envy with a dose of inferiority complex thrown in. The cowboys are not our rivals and as much as it pains me to acknowledge this, they own us when it comes to nfl football tradition and success.

your a closet cowboy fan

JB
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Thankfully, JoeTexan was not one of the choices. I cringe whenever I see his visage associated with the Texans. I agree that the haircut was probably the best. The guy with the Texans flag in front of Cowboys Stadium is frigging embarrassing and pure aggy-like penis envy with a dose of inferiority complex thrown in. The Cowboys are not our rivals and as much as it pains me to acknowledge this, they own us when it comes to NFL football tradition and success.

Why are you hating on Joe Texan? Have you ever met the guy? I agree that sometimes he comes on a little strong, and I have never met him. But everyone that has met him (that has posted about it on here) says that he is a great guy.

I am very much looking forward to meeting Joe Texan. Cannot say the same about you.

Texan_Bill
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Why are you hating on Joe Texan? Have you ever met the guy? I agree that sometimes he comes on a little strong, and I have never met him. But everyone that has met him (that has posted about it on here) says that he is a great guy.

I am very much looking forward to meeting Joe Texan. Cannot say the same about you.

Meh, no accounting for asshats!

PS.. There's a reason this message board filters the word ***** or (since that got filtered) idjit..

JB
03-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Meh, no accounting for asshats!

PS.. There's a reason this meesage board filters the word ***** or (since that got filtered) idjit..

Yeah, I know. But I want him to realize the he is doing the old 'putin das futin das'

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/sanjacal/footinmouth.jpg?t=1269393933

Texan_Bill
03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I know. But I want him to realize the he is doing the old 'putin das futin das'

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/sanjacal/footinmouth.jpg?t=1269393933

:spit: Repped!!!

Dude, I'm actually on the phone with Joe right now!!! Effin hilarious!!!! He's laughing his ass off!

Joe Texan
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Phone died But I cannot stop laughing:spit:

gary
03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
We are all Texans fans and here for the same reason to support the Texans so we shall not degrade other posters on thid board. No beef here let's just move on and enjoy the fact there is a board for all Texans fans to engage in conversation with each other. And last but not least do not make your personal matter with Joe or any other poster on an open forum. The matter should be taken up either through a PM or face to face with Joe after really meeting him whatever it is. It seems to me this is more than a personal objection with another fan where you see a chance to be little Joe in public and that is uncalled for. This is not a personal attack these are just my true feelings and I am ready to move on. GO TEXANS

NitroGSXR
03-23-2010, 08:50 PM

I've met Joe and I've got to say... he's an effin mofo! A great fan. I'm glad to have met him as well as the rest of my family. I don't necessarily agree with some of the things he says here but I know his heart is pure and that's good enough for me. You'll like him if you meet him.

Joe, rock 'em dead.

JB
03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I've met Joe and I've got to say... he's an effin mofo! A great fan. I'm glad to have met him as well as the rest of my family. I don't necessarily agree with some of the things he says here but I know his heart is pure and that's good enough for me. You'll like him if you meet him.

Joe, rock 'em dead.

That is pretty much what I've heard about Joe, and I am looking forward to meeting him. Hell I'm looking forward to meeting each and every poster on this board.

Together we will celebrate Houston's first Super Bowl!
:fans:

Texan_Bill
03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
That is pretty much what I've heard about Joe, and I am looking forward to meeting him.

Really?? Where's the love for TB. I'm also Blue Crew!! :D

NitroGSXR
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM

Nobody wants to catch tuberculosis. C'mon now, Bill. Quit trying to lure and turn others...

JB
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Bill, you are about #1 on the list of everybody....

and probably on everbody's list. #1 in multiple categories...:bubbles:

JB
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Nobody wants to catch tuberculosis. C'mon now, Bill. Quit trying to lure and turn others...

:spit:

Texan_Bill
03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
:spit:

Why is that funny? :foottap:

hobie
03-24-2010, 07:25 AM

Hi TB....... :hobie:

SheTexan
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
#5 gets my vote! But, the haircut is pretty cool! Wish I had paid more attention to this contest. I have dozens of pics of my "boys" in the Blue Crew that would have been PERFECT to submit! First roadie to Tenn in 2002 would have been a shoo in!!:D

Joe Texan
03-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh but Grandma, the memories,road trip, kinda would be fun to do it again

SheTexan
03-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Oh but Grandma, the memories,road trip, kinda would be fun to do it again

Yes, it would Joe!! Need to do it again before I get to old to go. FANTASTIC memories!!

BobbleTexan
04-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Congratulations to Jeremiah Judkins for winning the "I'm A Texan" Fan Contest. With out our military, we would not be able to live the way we do in the USA.

Congratulations once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

gary
04-01-2010, 07:36 PM
What does he get for winning?

BobbleTexan
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
$400.00 in credit to use at the Houston Texans online store.

MannyFresh
04-01-2010, 07:48 PM
That's lame, at least the runner's up and Joe's "promo" pic had more enthusiasm and spirit. That dude did not qualify for any of the criteria:

1. Location: Any of of us could have done that at the Army Depot store on the Strand in Galveston.

2. Uniqueness: Really?

3. Creativity: Seriously?

4. Texans spirit: You can't even notice its a Texans' hat unless your looking for Waldo practically.

5. Photo quality: I'll give em that, it wasn't blurry.

BobbleTexan
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
All that matters is the votes........lighten up.........those guys are putting their arse on line for us...........

Joe Texan
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Congrats to the winner and lighten up Manny it is just a contest and somebody had to win, it is great that a soldier gets that win.

Texan_Bill
04-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we're "All a Texan"...... me.

NitroGSXR
04-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Congratulations to Jeremiah Judkins for winning the "I'm A Texan" Fan Contest. With out our military, we would not be able to live the way we do in the USA.

Congratulations once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

You are one tall drink of water with a tall hat. I'm glad I don't sit behind you. At least your hat bobbles. Good to see you posting. I'm the Deaf guy who walked alongside you on the way from platinum lot to Budweiser plaza last season. I think it was the Colts game. You're a great fan. Best fan photo in the NFL was you pumping your fist. Inspirational!

Blue crewers... yes I was leaving your tailgate when I bumped into BobbleTexan.

Go Texans!

SheTexan
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I have said many times before, and I will say this again. I DETEST contest where they pit one fan against another. NO one Texan fan is any better than the next, IMHO!! Anyone who shows passion, heart, and dedication to our team is #1 in my books!!

BUT, I will say this. If they are going to have such a contest, it's nice that the winner is someone who might not get to go to the games. My congrats to the fine soldier who won this contest!

BobbleTexan
04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
You are one tall drink of water with a tall hat. I'm glad I don't sit behind you. At least your hat bobbles. Good to see you posting. I'm the Deaf guy who walked alongside you on the way from platinum lot to Budweiser plaza last season. I think it was the Colts game. You're a great fan. Best fan photo in the NFL was you pumping your fist. Inspirational!

Blue crewers... yes I was leaving your tailgate when I bumped into BobbleTexan.

Go Texans!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the game... It is always a great too meet other fans of the Texans.

BobbleTexan
04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
I have said many times before, and I will say this again. I DETEST contest where they pit one fan against another. NO one Texan fan is any better than the next, IMHO!! Anyone who shows passion, heart, and dedication to our team is #1 in my books!!

BUT, I will say this. If they are going to have such a contest, it's nice that the winner is someone who might not get to go to the games. My congrats to the fine soldier who won this contest!

I won't say that I detest contest that try to define "the best fan". We all just have our own ways of expressing our fandom. I'm just glad we have fans with passion, heart and dedication to OUR team the Texans.....can't wait for us to get in playoffs and win.........that will be our payoff for standing by our team...