PDA

View Full Version : Please let me know

gary
02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
To those who were at The Gary J. Lynn Chili Cook Off please let me know if you bought raffle tickets and how many. If you know someone who bought tickets please find out how many they bought and let me know.
Thank you

Joe Texan
02-28-2010, 11:05 AM
My family bought abou 5 tickets if I remember correctly

gary
02-28-2010, 11:54 AM
They walked off with the raffle money and that is illegal. Only 501 c3 can do raffles. We have asked for an account of the raffles and they don't respond If we don't get an answer by tomorrow we are calling the attorney for the foundation and the tv stations. I will let everyone know. They also used their own charge so if anyone put anything on their charge let me know.(We didn't know they had a charge)so no accounting. The GM of Bubba's is fuming mad because they told her we were getting all proceeds and that is what they put in their Rblok magazine. Bubba's won't do anything with them anymore.

HouSportsWriter
02-28-2010, 01:33 PM
wow that sucks makes me wana punch out some 1 :aggressive:

gary
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
My mom's from New York. Do you know when you start with a person from New York what will end up happening?

Joe Texan
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Dude Gary let me know if i can be of any assitance. Was it Rblok that walked off with the money and if so call police immediately

gary
02-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Dude Gary let me know if i can be of any assitance. Was it Rblok that walked off with the money and if so call police immediately
The Rblock it is.

Joe Texan
02-28-2010, 02:56 PM
A Message to RBLOK, You had better return the money you took from the Gary J Lynn Foundation and do it quickly. We here in Houston Texas do not take it lightly when we have to back up a 17 year old CP victim after he was taken advantage of. And for your information it was not the RBLOK cookoff it was the 2nd annual Gary J Lynn Chili Cookoff

just posted this on face book

Drew_Smoke
02-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe we should all visit their next event????

JT
02-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I think before y'all start with the "i'm from New York" and "some Texas butt whooping" threats, that someone with a clear head read up on some fine print if there is any and/or contact the Attorney General's office and investigate this group.

gary
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
We just use expressions on this board. They are not to be taken literally. If you have been on this board long enough you should know that. People on TT stick together, most of the time.

gary
02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Maybe we should all visit their next event???? Showed this to mom. She is going.

Drew_Smoke
02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
I think before y'all start with the "i'm from New York" and "some Texas butt whooping" threats, that someone with a clear head read up on some fine print if there is any and/or contact the Attorney General's office and investigate this group.

There's a peckerhead in every crowd isn't there?

Not the "Rippin' off a kid in a wheelchair is pretty sorry" but read the contract....lol

I thought only one entity in this state that could hold a for profit lottery was the Texas Lottery Commission. Since you believe thats not so, please enlighten us all Mr Lawyerman.

gary
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Not the "Rippin' off a kid in a wheelchair is pretty sorry" but read the contract....lol

I thought only one entity in this state that could hold a for profit lottery was the Texas Lottery Commission. Since you believe thats not so, please enlighten us all Mr Lawyerman.
Repped.

Heath Shuler
02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
What is RBLOK?

gary
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
What is RBLOK?They do business mags.

MannyFresh
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM

Wow, I can see both of sides of the point, of course yeah if they took funds (allegedly) then definitely get the law on them since yeah that's shady to do that and take advantage of a good cause, but I looked at their FB site too and they have "a portion of the proceeds" would be given, so someone is not holding up their end of the deal. Nevertheless I see, JT's point too (for once) and yeah call or contact someone who can investigate this because if they did this to this foundation, who else could they be doing this too as well. (allegedly)

gary
02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow, I can see both of sides of the point, of course yeah if they took funds (allegedly) then definitely get the law on them since yeah that's shady to do that and take advantage of a good cause, but I looked at their FB site too and they have "a portion of the proceeds" would be given, so someone is not holding up their end of the deal. Nevertheless I see, JT's point too (for once) and yeah call or contact someone who can investigate this because if they did this to this foundation, who else could they be doing this too as well. (allegedly)News for everyone,in the Rblok magazine it says ALL proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation and that is what they told Bubba's. It's in writting and the manager of Bubba's will tell you that's what they told her. ALL

Tedc
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
This from their website....

RBLOK
Chili Cook Off
February 20, 2010
Bubbas Sports Bar & Grill 11am-3pm
Proceeds benefiting
Gary J. Lynn Foundation (http://77007.ourblok.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=587)

gary
02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
In their 77007 magazine the add says All proceeds benefit The GJL Foundation. If anyone took the magazine it is on page 60. The website says proceeds the magazine says All. This is in case someone says proceeds does not mean everything. All does.

gary
02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
If you google 77007 rblok the blue magazine will come up. You can turn the pages on line. Go to page 60 and you will see All proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation.

TxDavid
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear about this Gary. I hope everything gets set right. Since they did not indicate "Net proceeds" all monies obtained should have gone to the foundation. (I'm no lawyer, so take my advice for what it is)

Also - I scannned the magazine page. Click on the thumbnail to view the larger size:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2386/cci0228201000000.th.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/i/cci0228201000000.jpg/)

MannyFresh
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
News for everyone,in the Rblok magazine it says ALL proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation and that is what they told Bubba's. It's in writting and the manager of Bubba's will tell you that's what they told her. ALL

Well they're Facebook person must of messed up or got it wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=rblok&init=quick#!/pages/Houston-TX/RBLOK-Neartown/323632510253?ref=search&sid=1541148737.2916583110..1

RBLOK Neartown 2/20/10 - Rblok Chiili Cook Off/Business Expo at Bubbas Sports Bar & Grill A Chili Cook-Off and business expo will be held this Saturday, February 20, 2010 at Bubbas Sports Bar and Grill located at 6225 Washington Ave, Houston TX, 77007. A portion of the proceeds will benefiting the Gary J. Lynn Foundation
February 16 at 12:53pm

They got theirs I guess.

gary
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
They went back and put it on. That was not on before. The magazine was first. If we post the things my aunt found he won't have a magazine left anyway. Too bad.

BIG TORO
03-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Well let us know what happens and if we all need to get together we can all show up and crash there next event and every event after that until they give you your money!

Drew_Smoke
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
You may wanna hit BBBHOU.org too and send in a complaint.

Yankee_In_TX
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Not to be all lawyer - but it matters what the contract says and not what ads say.

Someone's lawyer needs to review the contract signed with RBlock for the event

As far as is it legal for them to take the proceeds of a raffle - not a clue (not my line of work).

Yankee_In_TX
03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
If you google 77007 rblok the blue magazine will come up. You can turn the pages on line. Go to page 60 and you will see All proceeds benefiting The Gary J. Lynn Foundation.

I can't find it - can you post a link? I'll do some quick digging on who they are, who owns them, and if they have any complaints floating out there. (just got a LOT of H&R Block, lol)

gary
03-01-2010, 08:35 PM
We basically resolved some things. My mom explained how things need to be done so no one questions anything. At this point it is hard to say what was taken in. We didn't want to seem ungrateful because we are always grateful but things will get taken care of. Yankee, only 501 c3 organizations can do raffles. :snowday:

gary
03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't find it - can you post a link? I'll do some quick digging on who they are, who owns them, and if they have any complaints floating out there. (just got a LOT of H&R Block, lol)Already found quite a few things on him.

Andrew6
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
wow, crazy. Anyway to just do it yourself instead of doing RBLOK?

gary
03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
We are. Bubba's said they want us to do it there again next year. The GM called mom and said their people had a great time and they will help put it together. They won't do anything with Rblok.