PDA

View Full Version : Saints hand out offers - but not to Mike Bell...

4Texans
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Anyone interested in Mike Bell????? Does LT end up with Brees again?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/saints-offer-tenders-to-13-rfas-but-not-jahri-evans-or-mike-bell/

The New Orleans Saints have announced that 13 of the team's 18 potential restricted free agents have received qualifying offers.

They are: defensive tackle Remi Ayodele, defensive end, Anthony Hargrove, offensive tackle Jammal Brown, offensive tackle Jermon Bushrod, offensive tackle Zach Strief, safety Roman Harper, safety Chris Reis, safety Usama Young, linebacker Marvin Mitchell, wide receiver Lance Moore, wide receiver Courtney Roby, tight end David Thomas, and running back Pierre Thomas.

The Saints did not specify the amount of the tenders; Mike Triplett has reported the specific levels for Bushrod (second round), Strief (second round), and Young (third round).

Omitted from the list are running back Mike Bell, defensive end Jeff Charleston, fullback Kyle Eckel, and guard Jahri Evans. Since the period for applying the tenders doesn't expire until next Thursday, the Saints can still make the required offers to one or more of the other players for the next seven days. As to Evans, our guess is that the Saints are trying to sign him to a long-term deal; as to Bell, it could be that the Saints are prepared to let him walk.

And that would open a spot for LaDainian Tomlinson on the depth chart.

NitroGSXR
02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
I really think LaDainian Tomlinson will end up being reunited with Brees. I hope he's a Houston Texan though.

Mike Kerns
02-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Rick Smith: entertaining idea and thought process of adding Tomlinson

He just said that at the podium.

HOU-TEX
02-26-2010, 12:42 PM
He just said that at the podium.

Where are you getting this info from?

Mike Kerns
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Where are you getting this info from?

Texans Twitter.

http://twitter.com/thetexans/

El Tejano
02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow! We're possibly looking at LT. Here's my issue with getting an LT. First, let me say I've stated before that LT as a 3rd down/change of pace back/get me a TD or 1st down from one yard out guys is awesome for The Texans.

My problem is our staff will want to make him the starter and will not address the RB issue further than that. They will feed us the line about being the better pass blocker of the group we have, veteran leadership etc..... Then LT will get hurt and we are stuck with Arian Foster and Ryan Moats again. That's really the only reason I don't like it.

Mike Bell on the other hand, would fit in just nicely because he's shown to have alot left in the tank and could potentially be the starter. Only problem is I'm sure he's upset with the opportunity he got while he was with us and will not even think of signing with us. He seemed pretty upset in the last preseason game we had.

BigBull17
03-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow! We're possibly looking at LT. Here's my issue with getting an LT. First, let me say I've stated before that LT as a 3rd down/change of pace back/get me a TD or 1st down from one yard out guys is awesome for The Texans.

My problem is our staff will want to make him the starter and will not address the RB issue further than that. They will feed us the line about being the better pass blocker of the group we have, veteran leadership etc..... Then LT will get hurt and we are stuck with Arian Foster and Ryan Moats again. That's really the only reason I don't like it.

Mike Bell on the other hand, would fit in just nicely because he's shown to have alot left in the tank and could potentially be the starter. Only problem is I'm sure he's upset with the opportunity he got while he was with us and will not even think of signing with us. He seemed pretty upset in the last preseason game we had.

I think they have learned that lesson, truth be told. I think they would draft a guy to help take the load.

Mike Kerns
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Saints only put 2nd round tender on Pierre Thomas. Stunning! Give that up in a heartbeat if I'm a team that needs a RB.

- Matt Jackson, Twitter