PDA

View Full Version : Matt Tennant, C, BC

Section516
02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
An option for us? Just saw this snippet and I havnen't heard anything on him yet.

Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
Tennant made an impression on me at Senior Bowl practice, and I was even more impressed after interviewing him. He is really smart and competitive, which will shine through in his team interviews. He has been starting at BC since Matt Ryan was the quarterback and looks like he will be the 12th Boston College offensive lineman to play in the NFL next year. Tennant will measure at 6-foot-4 and just under 300 pounds. I have watched him pull from the center position, and he should run close to 5.0 in the 40 with an impressive short shuttle as well. He's not the first center on the board right now, but he could be by the end of his Indy visit.

76Texan
02-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Not impressed!

bah007
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I like Tennant as a late round guy. Seems like he has been at BC forever though.

HOU-TEX
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I think I'd consider Walton C from Baylor first. Other than Pouncey, that is

painekiller
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
He is on my radar. He seems tobe a rock in the middle. Want to see him at he combine to see the short shuttle and such. Also I want a true weight on him.

Just an FYI to me Kevin Mawae is 6-4 289, and this kid is listed at 6-4 290 to 295 is what I am seeing. Meyers out weighs Mawae but Mawae is a better anchor.

It's not he size but the way they use it.

This years OCs seems to be filled with big questions. No Mangold here.

justmy2cents
02-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I agree completely. I'm just afraid he might go as early as 2nd round. Wish I knew how healthy Chester Pitts is and what plans they have for him. If they're determined to play Caldwell at RG, and Pitts does not return, I might add Mitch Petrus to Matt Tennant ... we don't have the picks get Pouncey and Asamoah. Can't wait for the Combine !!

An option for us? Just saw this snippet and I havnen't heard anything on him yet.

Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
Tennant made an impression on me at Senior Bowl practice, and I was even more impressed after interviewing him. He is really smart and competitive, which will shine through in his team interviews. He has been starting at BC since Matt Ryan was the quarterback and looks like he will be the 12th Boston College offensive lineman to play in the NFL next year. Tennant will measure at 6-foot-4 and just under 300 pounds. I have watched him pull from the center position, and he should run close to 5.0 in the 40 with an impressive short shuttle as well. He's not the first center on the board right now, but he could be by the end of his Indy visit.