PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Tickets

StephenMusel
02-22-2010, 12:52 PM
2 tickets Sect 135 - Row L, prices are per pair.

Mary J Blidge - $120
Jonas Brothers - $ 190
Darius Rucker - $85
Brad Paisley - $145
Gary Allen - $85
Black Eyed Peas - $180
Brooks and Dunn - $160
Selena Gomez - $ 190

2 ticket Sect 645 Row F
Jonas Brothers - $ 85

Please Pm or email @ stephenmusel@aol.com

NitroGSXR
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
How far away from the stage? I might be interested in two sets.

StephenMusel
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Well it is hard to say because the stage is a rotating stage around the 50 yard line and these seats are 12 rows up from an edge endzone (speaking football). I'll try and find a picture from the seats to give you an idea.

Stephen

StephenMusel
02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Brooks and Dunn - Sold pending payment.

TheCD
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM

Mary J Blidge - $120
Jonas Brothers - $ 190
Darius Rucker - $85
Brad Paisley - $145
Gary Allen - $85
Black Eyed Peas - $180
Brooks and Dunn - $160
Selena Gomez - $ 190

2 ticket Sect 645 Row F
Jonas Brothers - $ 85

Oh poor, poor Hootie. How the mighty have fallen...

Hardcore Texan
02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh poor, poor Hootie. How the mighty have fallen...

I'm really digging Darius Rucker's music. He's pretty new to C&W, at least as the public knows him but has deep roots with it. If he continues to gain popularity like he has been that price will go up a lot more, right now he's still new on the scene so to speak but I think has been quite successful so far since making the jump over to c&w.

MannyFresh
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm really digging Darius Rucker's music. He's pretty new to C&W, at least as the public knows him but has deep roots with it. If he continues to gain popularity like he has been that price will go up a lot more, right now he's still new on the scene so to speak but I think has been quite successful so far since making the jump over to c&w.

Wow, 85.00 bucks just for Hootie? I paid the usual 35 for lawn seats at Woodlands which is just about the same distance if not better for him and Rascal Flatts. Good show too.

Joe Texan
02-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Mary J Blidge - $120
Jonas Brothers - $ 190
Darius Rucker - $85
Brad Paisley - $145
Gary Allen - $85
Black Eyed Peas - $180
Brooks and Dunn - $160
Selena Gomez - $ 190

2 ticket Sect 645 Row F
Jonas Brothers - $ 85

Please Pm or email @ stephenmusel@aol.com

I am reporting this to the Rodeo, I am so sick of people scalping what is suposed to be fun for the family

StephenMusel
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Joe, so not only are you the "Official Spokesperson for the entire Texan Fanbase" but you are also the "ticket enforcer for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo"? How do you find the time to juggle everything? What is the difference in posting rodeo tickets at a high mark up and posting Texan tickets/ PSL's at a high mark up? If people are willing to buy the tickets at the market rate then who you are you to decide that they shouldn't buy tickets? Yes, I understand that alot of families can not afford to go because of the mark up but isn't that with anything? The difference is that the money that I am making from the sale of these tickets are going to pay for a rising tuition at the University of Houston. It is extremely ridiculous that a part time student is paying over $2600 a semester in tuition and another $400 in books. What is next Joe, why don't you just get a job? Well after getting laid off from a job because of the economy where I was employed for over 10 years, it isn't easy. But if you know of anywhere, I'll e-mail my resume in a heartbeat. But the bottom line is get over yourself "SHMO- Texan", cause I like other people don't give a "S@*T" what your beliefs are......

Stephen
832-922-1173

Drew_Smoke
02-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Scalpers suck.....broke people shouldn't be buying tix to anything.

My kid goes to college and has a job. I need top tell her to whine more about tuition but the next time she complains about anything will be the first.

Hardcore Texan
02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow, 85.00 bucks just for Hootie? I paid the usual 35 for lawn seats at Woodlands which is just about the same distance if not better for him and Rascal Flatts. Good show too.

Was that $35 for the pair that you paid? If so that's a real good price. I paid over that per ticket at verizon ampitheatre in SA for lawn seats to see some shows a few years back. I interpreted CD's comment to mean that he was way cheaper than the other shows, my only point is/was I think he's going to keep gaining popularity and is still a newcomer of sorts, jmho.

MannyFresh
02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Was that $35 for the pair that you paid? If so that's a real good price. I paid over that per ticket at verizon ampitheatre in SA for lawn seats to see some shows a few years back. I interpreted CD's comment to mean that he was way cheaper than the other shows, my only point is/was I think he's going to keep gaining popularity and is still a newcomer of sorts, jmho.

Well give or take a few for the service charge, but it was just for me, we all went as a group...but I think the Woodlands recouped in beer prices, so yeah, maybe it was 85.00..LOL, but NO!, we saw Hootie and Rascal Flatts, so score! LOL ...but I see Joe's point and I see mr. musel's point too ...the ticket is what 10.00 bucks a pop, 30 bucks markup? That's a bit steep, even for not so broke folks. But just like Texans tix, the price will go down come closer to show time...Hootie is no George Strait, so it's not like the Texans playing the Titans, Cowboys or some other marquee team, so it is what is.

StephenMusel
02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Price drop - courtesy of Joe Texan, all I have left is Gary Allen and "Hootie" will sell for $70 for two tickets. Check out tickets everywhere else and see the prices. (all are sold - pending payment)

Stephen

Joe Texan
02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't get your panties in a wad now I just know the Rodeo frowns on this and I was a volunteer on the ticket sales committee and have never really seen the scalping going on till now so you my friend are the example I guess.

Joe Texan
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Problem being you might just not get called but the ones who sold your season tickets will.

gtexan02
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Theres really not a lot of markup on these boards for tickets usually. This is sort of a friendly face value type place.

If youw ant to mark up 100%, craigslist or stubhub or ebay seem popular...

Joe Texan
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
And there is nothing the same between Rodeo Tickets and Texan Tickets. Rodeo is a Charity organization and the Texans are strictly for profit. Scalp all the Texans tickets you want which i know you do and thanks for putting the oposing team in the home town seats. :clap:

StephenMusel
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
You are so quick to tell me about selling tickets to non-Texan fans, but the ONLY time that I have sold tickets to a non-Texan fan was your friend back in October of 2007. You were the one that asked me for tickets for your HOF Titan buddy, remember that Joe. So who's putting what fans in what seats? Thanks for the business Joe. I have the Pm saved if you want me to forward it.

Stephen

Showtime100
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Not surprising, but Houston gets such better entertainment than Austin does for the Rodeo. Austin has such a live music community (per capita) so I would guess they book them in keeping with the Austin thing and add a couple of big names as a highlight. This year I think the big name is Charlie Pride. :zzz: (Much respect for the man, just not gonna buy a ticket).

I miss going to Dome and seeing those shows. Trying to get the beer lady's attention long enough for her to stop screaming over and over "Sing Elvira! Sing Elvira!" so I could get a beer when the Oak Ridge Boys were playing. :foottap:

Joe Texan
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Stephen I do not care what message you save and I will help my HOF buddies cause they are great fans of the game of Football. I could care less who you sell texan tickets too period but when you Scalp Rodeo Tickets on here I see it and I have a responsability to the Ticket Committee and I take that responsability very seriously. I under stand your need to earn money and that is fine but you do have Stub Hub, Ebay but you of all people decided to come here, Where I frequent and I saw what you were doing.
I have the ticket info and the email and Telephone number too and so does the Rodeo.

StephenMusel
02-23-2010, 08:18 PM
That is fine Joe, but don't come preaching and applauding me about putting other fans in hometown seats when you are the one asking me to put TITAN fans in my seats. Joe, you are what you are, a hypocrite. Joe for being a 50 year old man with a myspace, facebook and a twitter account ----- GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

TWEET THAT, SHMO-TEXAN,

Stephen

You are one pathethic individual Joe, get over yourself.

E-mail this to the HLSR rodeo comittee.

Joe Texan
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Dude you need to grow up and you will be reported to the Rodeo. No need for the name calling cause the damage is done.

hobie
02-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Not saying much here... BUT.... the HLSR has already got their money. Any ticket broker in town also has marked up their prices as well, and it is what it is. Now, if you want to call the HLSR and report them, far be it for me to say anything. But before you do, find out if there is anything that prohibits the reselling of those tickets. If brokers can get away with it year after year, good chance there isn't anything that would prohibit it from being done.
People do not have to pay those prices asked, and maybe they did not have the chance to get them when they went on sale and all that is left is upper nose bleed.. Basically it is supply/demand. He has them, and if someone wants to buy them, that is on them.
I get what both of you are saying, and you both have points, but SM, there isn't really a need for the name calling, and JT, does it effect you personally that he has asked for more than the cost of the ticket..his time and money was spent getting those..
Until it is illegal for any reselling of tickets for profit, it is what it is...

StephenMusel
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
After rereading my posts from yesterday I would like to apoligize to Texan Joe. I have always been the type of individual that admits when I have been wrong, and yesterday posts I should not have taken the personal attacks as far as I did. But don't get me wrong, I still don't think it is your place to enforce ticket prices. I leave my number on my posts, so by all means if you have a problem with one of my posts Joe then call me. Again, if I offended you in anyway then I am truly sorry.

Stephen

Joe Texan
02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
As I have stated I am connected with the ticket sales committee and I am only doing what they have asked me to do.

StephenMusel
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Gary Allen and "Hootie" - $60 per pair.

Joe Texan
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
If you guys want these tickets go ahead and help Stephen out, He was unaware of the way the Rodeo felt and that is understandable by me. Stephen I apologize to you for the oposing fans remark as I know you did Help my friends and that is my fault you let oposing fans in the stadium.
So I am the Knuclehead.