PDA

View Full Version : Texans maybe interested in Lendale White?

gtexan02
02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Saw this on ESPN, thought it was interesting...

LenDale starting over in Houston?
Paul Kuharsky
LenDale would make sense for the Texans

"White worked well in tandem with Chris Johnson before Johnson took over in 2009. The Texans need a bigger back who can handle short-yardage and goal line situations to pair with Steve Slaton."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

JWarren14
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Well I know some people will be happy, he is worth a look for sure, but I wouldn't be comfortable giving him more than short-yardage and goal-line carries at this point. We still need a home run threat like 08 Slaton.

TEXANS84
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I call it speculation at this point.

Insert a running back *Lendale White* and add teams looking to improve their running game *insert Texans* and there's a story.

Thorn
02-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, crap. There will be nothing left on any lunch buffets if this happens.

JWarren14
02-19-2010, 05:50 PM
http://pyromaniac.com/teams/images/daily-pill/tequila-white.jpg

kiwitexansfan
02-19-2010, 05:53 PM
I know there is some Titan/Reggie Bust stink on Lendale White but he is effective moving the ball in the situations we have been poor in.

I'm hoping '10 Slaton bounces back to '08 Slaton form myself or a draft pick can help out but I for one would like to see White in a Texans uniform.... or perhaps one and a half Texans uniforms.

Goatcheese
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
No way I'm giving up a second round pick for a poor man's Ron Dayne. :texanbill:

JWarren14
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Would you trade our first round pick for DeAngelo Williams?

The Carolina Panthers have the luxury of two potentially dominant running backs on the roster, in spite of the fact that both battled injuries in 2009. So is it time to cash one of them in to try and move back into the first round of the draft?

In addition to the Julius Peppers saga, that's the top offseason question they must address, according to Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders. Barnwell thinks they might move DeAngelo Williams to the San Diego Chargers in exchange for the Chargers' top pick (No. 28 overall). In the same vein, it's possible the Panthers might give the Houston Texans a call, since they need a top RB, and could return a slightly higher pick (either No. 19 or 20, depending on a coin flip).

Maddict5
02-19-2010, 06:03 PM

kubiak wanted him coming out. we got demeco & winston/spencer instead thanks to the bills.. personally i think hes too injury prone to invest that much in. good player though

jaayteetx
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Nope. Running backs careers are way too short to justify trading a first round pick for one, especially one who is injury prone.

The Pencil Neck
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
kubiak wanted him coming out. we got demeco & winston/spencer instead thanks to the bills.. personally i think hes too injury prone to invest that much in. good player though

Yeah. He could be great but those feet really worry me.

False Start
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM

If he were to sign on here, they would have one one the sideline..... :chef:

GP
02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
There's a scene in E.T. that gave me a great idea on how to use LenDale White in the red zone. So I used that inspiration to conjure up a photoshop image here:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/burguila_monster.jpg

TEXANRED
02-19-2010, 07:51 PM
He had 7 TD's as a rookie and 15 TD's in his second year. He only had 2 last year due to CJ has a stoopid year.

I would sign him. I think he could very well be a Bettis reincarnate. (The Rams gave up on him early, big fat bastard of a back. Bettis didn't tear it up early in his career either.)

White is no way like Dane the one yard train. White actually hits the hole plus he brings a much needed attitude to this team.

But thats my opinion.

bckey
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I think he would make a good addition to this team. He definately has fresh legs. We just need someone to actually block for him. It would be our 3rd ex-titan rb.

CloakNNNdagger
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
He had 7 TD's as a rookie and 15 TD's in his second year. He only had 2 last year due to CJ has a stoopid year.

I would sign him. I think he could very well be a Bettis reincarnate. (The Rams gave up on him early, big fat bastard of a back. Bettis didn't tear it up early in his career either.)

White is no way like Dane the one yard train. White actually hits the hole plus he brings a much needed attitude to this team.

But thats my opinion.

I think he would make a good addition to this team. He definately has fresh legs. We just need someone to actually block for him. It would be our 3rd ex-titan rb.

The Houston Texans star rookie running back Steve Slaton from a season ago seemed to lose his step in the 2009 season.

He went from a 1200 yard season to 400 yards in 2009. Even though there was apparently a problem with Slaton's arm this season, the Texans will probably look to pick up a running back to help their great air attack.

This is where LenDale White comes in.

Even though he isn't going to light up defenses, he can still pick up three to four yards on a first down carry. Also due to the Texans below average O-line White's powerful running style could come in handy.

The Texans have a great duo in Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, Imagine if defenses had to prepare for a rushing attack too. He has the ability to shake of defenders and has the size to push for that extra yardage.

LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/348384-teams-that-could-use-lendale-white-in-2010#page/3)

TexanFan23
02-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Living in Tennessee the past few years I had the chance or misfortune to catch alot of Titans games on TV and I can say that there were times White seemed to be lazy but most of the time he worked his butt off and was a solid back. I think he would be a great addition as a short yardage and 2nd half with the lead back and it's always good to have multiple backs. Look at the Titans for example, They haven't had 1 single great back since Eddie George and still managed to win alot of games with medium to little talent at QB.

I'd love to see White in Houston. My personal opinion though.

Big Lou
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Ah geez, had Lendale come to Houston earlier we might have been able to see what Travis Johnson could have been since he wouldn't have been able to eat himself in to crappiness. (Of course he could have just sucked just as much 30 pounds lighter.)

beerlover
02-19-2010, 10:49 PM
we already have Chris Henry :pop:

painekiller
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I would love to sign White, he has been on FA wish list all season. He was a solid college RB who I predicted would be a very good Pro. Better than he more famous teammate, Heisman Trophy Winner Bush, well at least a better RB.

White has not had a lot of miles put on him, he should have a chip on his shoulder, and he can show the Titan twice a year they made a mistake.

He also appears to be a good team player, having shared the ball in college, and in the pros. In the games I saw CJ blowing up, i always saw White being one of the first ones on the sideline to chest bump him. Takes a real team player to be that way.

As for the question of trading a 1st round pick for DeAngelo Williams? I don't. Not even a third rounder. He seems to always be hurt.

El Tejano
02-19-2010, 11:13 PM

I think this would happen more because of the fact Kubiak wanted Williams. To think they were going to trade that 2nd round pick that landed us Demeco Ryans to get back in the first round to select Deangelo Williams. Chicago beat us out. Thank God.

It would be nice to end up with DW though after all that.

The way I see it is that if our offense could've sustained just a few more drives in our losses, we would've won those games. I recall seeing Lendale run one in on us on MNF and thinking if we had him on the last series we would've put the game away simply because our offense would've stayed on the field.

If I can get a veteran power running back in the 2nd round, I'll go for it. He's been in the league for four seasons but after this season it was really like 3 seasons. He's young, and it would be nice to have a guy in our backfield that wants to stick it to VY and The Titans.

Everyone wants a young back but for some reason don't want him?

2slik4u
02-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Saw this on ESPN, thought it was interesting...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

I wouldnt be opposed with signing him to a 2-3 yr low $ deal and STILL drafting another RB while dropping one off the roster.

PapaL
02-20-2010, 12:53 AM

But thats my opinion.

Agree 100%. I'd like to see Lendale as a Texan. Plus you know he'd play his tail off against TEN.

GermanTexan
02-20-2010, 02:06 AM
I heard we wont take LT cause of the mistake with Ahman Green.
I hope we wont take Lendale cause of the mistake with Chris Brown.

Learn from your mistakes!!!

2slik4u
02-20-2010, 09:41 AM

Explain to me how Chris Brown and Lendale are related other than Tennessee?

Not the same situation.

bckey
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Explain to me how Chris Brown and Lendale are related other than Tennessee?

Not the same situation.

No kiddin. Lendale White isn't injured all the time like Brown and he actually gets the tough yards. No real comparison. White also has fresh legs because he hasn't been over used so the Texans would get an experienced back with low mileage. I think it would be a great pick up for the Texans and it would allow the Texans more flexability in the draft. I still say they need to sign an experienced dt like Wolfork. Most dt's take years to develop and the Texans need help now. Maybe Dan Williams or Pryce could come in and help right away but there is no guarantee in the draft whether either would be there when we pick and whether either will make it in the NFL.

painekiller
02-20-2010, 12:03 PM
If you want a RB who might be availabel and cheap, look at the Raven and Willis McGahee? 12 tds in only 34 yds per game. That is red zone threat.

But he might be over priced like most guys drafted in the 1st are.

Wolf
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I call it speculation at this point.

Insert a running back *Lendale White* and add teams looking to improve their running game *insert Texans* and there's a story.

exactly

ATXtexanfan
02-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Bringing in lendale is fine with me. We need all the help we can get. I'd do it for a second rd pick.

Carr Bombed
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM

Lendale compares more to the Cedric Benson situation, so hopefully we do learn from our mistakes and sign the guy.

TexanFan23
02-22-2010, 04:38 AM
I heard the Titans are looking to deal White to the Chargers for Cromartie.

How would you guys feel about Jamal Lewis for short yardage ?

JB
02-22-2010, 08:35 AM

No Thanks!

HuttoKarl
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Very tempting, but I think we can upgrade RB via draft and use that top pick to sure up the secondary a bit.

El Tejano
02-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Vikings | Unlikely to keep C. Taylor
Comment (0)
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:59:26 -0800

Pro Football Weekly reports the Minnesota Vikings appear to be a team that is prepared to move on without pending free-agent RB Chester Taylor. Although they appreciate Taylor quite a bit and would like to retain him, they know they probably can't afford to keep him at the salary and opportunity he's likely to get elsewhere.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

And the Texans better be there the second he becomes a FA.

HuttoKarl
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Comment (0)

Pro Football Weekly reports the Minnesota Vikings appear to be a team that is prepared to move on without pending free-agent RB Chester Taylor. Although they appreciate Taylor quite a bit and would like to retain him, they know they probably can't afford to keep him at the salary and opportunity he's likely to get elsewhere.

I'd really be for this guy. Low-mileage. Can catch a pass. What's not to like?

Thorn
02-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I'd really be for this guy. Low-mileage. Can catch a pass. What's not to like?

Can he pass block?

Hervoyel
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM

Jamal Lewis is on empty so I'd only go for him if we were for some reason looking for a "very" short yardage back.

dinkatoid
02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/9611/mailbag-lendale-whites-value

second one down.

It is mentioned that White could potentially be had for a 4th round pick.

I agree with most people when they say no to giving up a 2nd for Lendale white. However, if we can get him for a 4th, it might be different. What do you guys think about it if he only costs a 4th?

I do not know how well he pass blocks, but he could be a good short yardage guy as long as the O line gets a slight upgrade so they can open up a hole big enough. That hole has to be 2x as big as the one for slaton.

BigBull17
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Comment (0)

This is the guy who will be our big FA splash. I have a feeling.

TexanFan23
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Jamal Lewis is on empty so I'd only go for him if we were for some reason looking for a "very" short yardage back.

Could be more of what he had around him then the fact that he's on empty. Obviously he's not 23 years old but what did Cleveland have on offense to stop teams from stacking the box ?

I didn't watch many Browns games but they said on NFL Live that Mangini pretty much overused him early in the season until he got hurt because he was all they had to rely on.

Not saying that I'd be dying to have the man at RB, but if it's short yardage then he'd be someone to look at.

TexanFan23
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
This is the guy who will be our big FA splash. I have a feeling.

Is signing a 30 year old RB really a big splash though ?

HuttoKarl
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Can he pass block?

I have never heard he can't.

Age is the only concern here, but for three years, he's taken very little damage while Adrian Peterson ran for miles and fumbled like Steve Slaton.

Chester would definitely be worth signing to split carries for the right price.

BullNation4Life
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I still say make a bid for either Michael Bush in Oakland or look and see if the Pats are willing to part with Maroney...:turtle:

TexanFan23
02-22-2010, 02:25 PM
What about Marion Barber ?

HOU-TEX
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure where I got this idea (ok, maybe I do), but I don't think we'll be trading 1st day draft picks for anybody, much less a RB. We'll likely draft one in the 2nd or 3rd and possibly bring in an UDFA.

Y'all that are wanting to trade a 1st rounder for a RB are being goofy, IMO of course. We've yet to find us one yet, but RB's that fit this system can be found in mid to later rounds. I just think, unless there's an "Adrian Peterson" type back, most RB's aren't first round worthy any more unless you can afford it. Meaning, if a team didn't have other glaring weaknesses that took priority, they could afford to spend a first on a RB.

My .02

HuttoKarl
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
What about Marion Barber ?

He really hasn't looked the same as when he was the "barbarian"...maybe a change of scenery would do him good, but the contract attached to him is sorta scary.

TimeKiller
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd be alright with White if it was for a decent contract and we still picked up another back in the draft.

Slaton/Foster/White/Draft would ease my worries going into next year

BigBull17
02-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Is signing a 30 year old RB really a big splash though ?

Taylor is a pretty productive back who doesn't have a whole lot of wear and tear on his body. Always ran in two back systems.

infantrycak
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Taylor is a pretty productive back who doesn't have a whole lot of wear and tear on his body. Always ran in two back systems.

Which could also be stated as never could beat out the starting RB or someone teams always wanted to upgrade.

HuttoKarl
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Which could also be stated as never could beat out the starting RB or someone teams always wanted to upgrade.

Or as "Minny had Peterson fall into their laps on draft day right after signing Taylor to be their feature back and plans changed".

infantrycak
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Or as "Minny had Peterson fall into their laps on draft day right after signing Taylor to be their feature back and plans changed".

Sure but Baltimore also decided he wasn't the answer as replacement for the aging Jamal Lewis as well.

HuttoKarl
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Sure but Baltimore also decided he wasn't the answer as replacement for the aging Jamal Lewis as well.

He did rush for 1200+ yards his first season in Minnesota and added 6 TD's. Like I said...for the right price, I'd take him in a heartbeat to split carries.

infantrycak
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
He did rush for 1200+ yards his first season in Minnesota and added 6 TD's. Like I said...for the right price, I'd take him in a heartbeat to split carries.

For the right price I would take him or LT gladly and then draft Ryan Mathews.

C Madd
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
So I guess Brian Westbrook gets thrown into this discussion now?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

Blake
02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh my gross. Why are we still talking about Lendale "the gut" White?

Chester Taylor or bust. Or just draft 2 rookie RB's and be done with it.

GP
02-23-2010, 04:33 PM
So I guess Brian Westbrook gets thrown into this discussion now?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

We can't. McClain says the Texans have ruled out Westbrook.

We've ruled out LT.

We've ruled out Westbrook.

No old dudes. The General knows all and sees all. He has heard the words of Bob McNair, and he has spoken. His word is final. The sick pale man upon a white horse represents death, and the steel wheel represents an end to the way of our life. The General has spoken.

JB
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
WoW!

PHAROAH
02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Lendale does have talent but he doesn't have the passion to be great IMO, he just want the big payday and doesn't want to put in the work and I think that Texan fans would be very disappointed with the results that he would bring. I think if we had the chance to get Deangelo Williams for a 2nd round pick I would do that in a heart beat, but I think the best route for texans to get a stud running back will be to just draft one early in round 1 or the 2nd round.

The Pencil Neck
02-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the Texans' FO has their sights set on Lendale.

They said they wanted someone with hunger. And if there's any RB that's hungry, it's Lendale.

Maybe not in the way they intended "hungry" but hungry none the less.

Thorn
02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that the Texans' FO has their sights set on Lendale.

They said they wanted someone with hunger. And if there's any RB that's hungry, it's Lendale.

Maybe not in the way they intended "hungry" but hungry none the less.

Now that made me laugh my ass off. :lol:

Good one there, Pencil Neck.

TexansFanatic
02-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Please do not take this as a personal affront because I understand you're not the first one to ever have that take, but the whole concept of not having "a lot of wear and tear" is just silly.

Age is wear and tear enough. The human body starts to degrade at about 25 years of age. At 30 years of age, a running back is pretty much used up. Of course there are exceptions, but they are just that---exceptions.

No more Ahman Greens please!

steelbtexan
02-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I still say make a bid for either Michael Bush in Oakland or look and see if the Pats are willing to part with Maroney...:turtle:

They should try to trade OD and a 5th for Maroney and a 2nd.

Then sign L.White.

infantrycak
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
The human body starts to degrade at about 25 years of age.

That must be why let's see none of the Tour de France winners and many other high level sporting events are under 25.

TexansFanatic
02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
That must be why let's see none of the Tour de France winners and many other high level sporting events are under 25.

I don't make the rules, I only report them.

Obviously, there's not a drop off a cliff at the age of 25.

GermanTexan
02-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Q: Do the Texans consider Lendale White as young and hungry?

John McClain:
No way. He didn't do squat last season when he was in the best shape of his career

John McClain:
They (The Texans) need a back who can run, keeps his weight under control, is durable and runs for more than 1,000 yards the way Slaton did two years ago. White has been lazy for most of his career.

ubecool454
02-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Nah pass on White...there are just to many BBQ joints in Houston...he will swell up again and be fatter than all the Olineman.

steelbtexan
02-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Q: Do the Texans consider Lendale White as young and hungry?

John McClain:

John McClain:

McClain should know a thing or two about fat and lazy.

White was in great shape last year but had a 2000 yd rusher ahead of him.

White has always been an above avg RB. remember his 2008 80 yd run against the Chiefs. He weighed 280lbs that year and was plent fast enough.

White also played in a ZBS at USC.

Signing White is a gamble. At best he could be a 20 carry type RB. At worst he would be an upgrade as a short yardage RB who could split carries with a draft pick.

El Tejano
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
McClain should know a thing or two about fat and lazy.

White was in great shape last year but had a 2000 yd rusher ahead of him.

White has always been an above avg RB. remember his 2008 80 yd run against the Chiefs. He weighed 280lbs that year and was plent fast enough.

White also played in a ZBS at USC.

Signing White is a gamble. At best he could be a 20 carry type RB. At worst he would be an upgrade as a short yardage RB who could split carries with a draft pick.

What people fail to realize is that when VY came back to QB, it changed the complexion of the Titans. They no longer had to line up in a short yardage formation. The dual threat of VY and CJ is what allowed them to keep the same players on the field. Especially with their ability to run option. This eliminated White from being able to play. It had nothing to do with him being lazy.

Now if you were telling me you wanted White to come in and be the starter, I'd say it is silly. But we are in need of a RB who can pound out yards for us in the 4th quarter to keep our offense on the field. That's what we need. White can do that.

HuttoKarl
02-25-2010, 10:35 AM
What people fail to realize is that when VY came back to QB, it changed the complexion of the Titans. They no longer had to line up in a short yardage formation. The dual threat of VY and CJ is what allowed them to keep the same players on the field. Especially with their ability to run option. This eliminated White from being able to play. It had nothing to do with him being lazy.

Now if you were telling me you wanted White to come in and be the starter, I'd say it is silly. But we are in need of a RB who can pound out yards for us in the 4th quarter to keep our offense on the field. That's what we need. White can do that.

I feel the same way. I just think that the pursuit of Lendale White is going to depend on where they tender him and what kind of picks would have to be given up. There's probably a better chance of us just using the draft to find that guy to get us those yards.

steelbtexan
02-25-2010, 10:41 AM

I like White as a short yardage 15/20 carry a game guy. With 10 of those carries coming in the 4th qtr.

You should check out my pre combine/FA mock that I'm going to do today.

I've got the Texans taking R.Mathews in the 2nd rd. White would be a great compliment to Mathews. He could help teach Mathews how to pass pro and be a veteran influence.

White doesn't have many miles on him and is only 26 yrs old.

infantrycak
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
II just think that the pursuit of Lendale White is going to depend on where they tender him and what kind of picks would have to be given up.

They can give him the lowest tender and get a 2nd because that's where he was drafted so there's your floor.

HuttoKarl
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
They can give him the lowest tender and get a 2nd because that's where he was drafted so there's your floor.

Yeah...it's pretty steep to give that draft pick and worry about paying him something that Tennessee won't match. Ryan Matthews or Gerhart or any number of RB's in the draft can probably fill our needs at a lesser cost.

TEXANRED
02-25-2010, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't give up a 2 for him. I compared him to a potential Bettis earlier in the thread. My luck he would be another Stacy Mack.

Big Lou
02-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Nah pass on White...there are just to many BBQ joints in Houston...he will swell up again and be fatter than all the Olineman.

I say sign him and if he gets above 290 or so put him at Center!!!!!

ubecool454
02-25-2010, 10:30 PM

Yes I would...no I wouldn't....lol. I like Deangelo a lot but we need a DT more than a RB at this point

ubecool454
02-25-2010, 10:43 PM

Fo git about it. I think they are all double agents...they come to houston and still are on the Bud Adams payroll to come here and fumble on the goaline, throw ints killing comebacks etc..lol. I wish they would let me pick the goal line power back....and I can get him in the sixth or seventh round. We don't need anymore fat RBs.

leebigeztx
02-26-2010, 02:15 AM
After reading all the responses, here is my .02. I think White makes alot of sense for the texans. They can sign him with a split level contract and include workout bonuses,weight clauses,and production money all tied in. He's still a young back without a lot of carries that is never tackled by the first man. Will he break off long runs? Not many, but he falls forward all the time, has great hands, and blocks well. He can also be used in a backfield combination with others. The texans also need to add to their inside triangle if they want to be a good running team. White has good burst and balance also. For a 4th rd pick, he's worth it.

Grams
02-26-2010, 06:29 AM
After reading all the responses, here is my .02. I think White makes alot of sense for the texans. They can sign him with a split level contract and include workout bonuses,weight clauses,and production money all tied in. He's still a young back without a lot of carries that is never tackled by the first man. Will he break off long runs? Not many, but he falls forward all the time, has great hands, and blocks well. He can also be used in a backfield combination with others. The texans also need to add to their inside triangle if they want to be a good running team. White has good burst and balance also. For a 4th rd pick, he's worth it.

We already had a back that always fell forward.

HuttoKarl
02-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I say sign him and if he gets above 290 or so put him at Center!!!!!

You may be on to something here...

bckey
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I would only sign him if the Texans didn't have to give up a draft pick. No way we give up a 2nd for him.

El Tejano
02-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah...it's pretty steep to give that draft pick and worry about paying him something that Tennessee won't match. Ryan Matthews or Gerhart or any number of RB's in the draft can probably fill our needs at a lesser cost.

I'm coming over to the Gerhart side. I'm right at the line looking for a reason to crossover. I still think you have to consider LaGarrett Blount in this list for a power back.

HuttoKarl
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm coming over to the Gerhart side. I'm right at the line looking for a reason to crossover. I still think you have to consider LaGarrett Blount in this list for a power back.

Blount was considered early round talent until he punched some dork for talking smack. I think he's actually remorseful for his actions though and have absolutely nothing against drafting him. I think he'll probably go in the fourth or so and if he's there when we pick and we haven't already gotten a RB he's definitely worth a grab.

(I'm still thinking that we should come out of the draft with a couple of RB's and now a couple of CB's)

El Tejano
02-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Blount was considered early round talent until he punched some dork for talking smack. I think he's actually remorseful for his actions though and have absolutely nothing against drafting him. I think he'll probably go in the fourth or so and if he's there when we pick and we haven't already gotten a RB he's definitely worth a grab.

(I'm still thinking that we should come out of the draft with a couple of RB's and now a couple of CB's)

I'm praying to God that we at least sit down and talk with Blount. If we do, I'm hoping Blount says something to the effect of how he doesn't have any other issues prior and hasn't had any issues after, that he made a mistake on a big stage but that he also did it at a time where every man his age makes dumb mistakes on a big stage and that he used his time to learn from it which is what college is about alot of times outside the books as well as in them.

If he can do that, he's got a chance with us.

BullNation4Life
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/09/large_oregon_legarrette_blount_suspended.jpg

:sbad:"MA'MA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT!":sbad:

HuttoKarl
02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/09/large_oregon_legarrette_blount_suspended.jpg

:sbad:"MA'MA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT!":sbad:

I love it...the moment that guy's big shit-eating smile turned into a What Just Happened!?!?!

El Tejano
02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I love it...the moment that guy's big shit-eating smile turned into a What Just Happened!?!?!

If anything. You gotta like a guy who hates losing. That's what all of that came from.

El Tejano
02-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Packers | Will not tender offer to Wynn
Comment (0)
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:17:20 -0800

Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports the Green Bay Packers have informed the representatives for restricted free-agent RB DeShawn Wynn that they will not be tendering an offer to Wynn. The Packers are still interested in re-signing him at a reduced price, according to a source.

Don't know much about him. I remember him having a knee injury. Guys got all the intangibles of what WE are looking for though so I thought I'd add his name in the fire. May come cheap, and since we aren't placing the offense around him, may be helpful. What say yall?

SoCalTexanFan
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Stay as far away from this guy as possible. I'm a huge USC fan but this guy is lazy and it will show the minute he signs his next contract. He was in great shape this year because it was a contract year for him. LW wouldn't even train for the combine when coming out and that cost him millions. No way Texans should try to sign him.

El Tejano
02-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, the more I see LaGarrett Blount on film the more I see a better Lendale White.