PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Cromartie?

LonerATO
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Antonio Cromartie for Tashard Choice is a rumor coming from Shaun Phillips

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/All-Access-Football-with-Ralph-Mancini/choiceforcromartiebuzz.html

theanswer000
02-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Antonio is over-rated big time.

HoustonFrog
02-17-2010, 09:07 AM
I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber eventually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

The Chargers' most pressing offseason need is in the offensive backfield. Tomlinson declared shortly after the season that he believed his nine-year career with the Chargers is finished. He expects to be released shortly. Sproles is a pending restricted free agent who would be due $7.3 million in 2010 if the Chargers tender him a contract, a 10 percent increase over his 2009 franchise-tag salary of $6.67 million. Sproles has said he intends to test the market but expressed a preference to remain in San Diego.

Among the teams that have running back depth are the Dallas Cowboys with Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice at the position. Several teams are looking for cornerback depth, including the Green Bay Packers, sources said.

WWJD
02-17-2010, 09:30 AM
p, I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jwenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber evebtually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

I would not do that. Barber I would consider.

WolverineFan
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
If this is straight up then Dallas is just dumb. Choice is a great option at RB and Cromartie is overrated as a CB. If they don't get picks out of this too then they are just screwing themselves over.

HOU-TEX
02-17-2010, 09:51 AM

I agree here. Choice has been solid for the most part. Especially as a 3rd down back.

HoustonFrog
02-17-2010, 10:13 AM

Yup, keep Choice. He has fresh legs still too and the burst that we saw Barber lacking in Minny.

Hardcore Texan
02-17-2010, 10:19 AM
I agree, I would keep Choice and Jones. I have no clue why Barber was still starting towards the end of the year, I would have EASILY gone with Jones for awhile now. Either Barber has a nagging injury or has just too much wear but he didn't look like the same RB last year.

RazorOye
02-17-2010, 11:50 AM
more power to the Cowboys

Not much more I'd like to see an NFC rival do to themselves than hurt their RB depth to pick up an overrated CB

Dutchrudder
02-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't understand why the Cowboys need another CB. I thought they had a few good ones already. Is this for depth, or will he become a starter?

HoustonFrog
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't understand why the Cowboys need another CB. I thought they had a few good ones already. Is this for depth, or will he become a starter?

I'm assuming this is because they think Newman is slipping because Jenkins is a young stud and Scandrick has been good and growing too. Unless they wanted him to move to free safety since they have had problems there. That or they move Scandrick or someone. I don't get it if we move Choice.

WWJD
02-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm assuming this is because they think Newman is slipping because Jenkins is a young stud and Scandrick has been good and growing too. Unless they wanted him to move to free safety since they have had problems there. That or they move Scandrick or someone. I don't get it if we move Choice.

There has been talk of trying to see if Newman could play safety.

TexansSeminole
02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Antonio Cromartie appears to be on the trading block (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10038/trading-cromartie-isnt-a-horrible-idea).

According to the article, San Diego would take a 3rd rounder for him. That probably means a 2nd rounder at the least. Would you give a 2nd rounder for Cromartie? Cromartie, Quin, and Reeves would be a pretty respectable group of corners. Cromartie is going to be only 26 in April.

mussop
02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Antonio Cromartie appears to be on the trading block (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10038/trading-cromartie-isnt-a-horrible-idea).

According to the article, San Diego would take a 3rd rounder for him. That probably means a 2nd rounder at the least. Would you give a 2nd rounder for Cromartie? Cromartie, Quin, and Reeves would be a pretty respectable group of corners. Cromartie is only going to be 26 in April.

It should of already been offered.

TexanSam
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
nah

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=1584335&page=1&pc=4

Goatcheese
02-18-2010, 01:56 AM
I would do a 3 for Cro. He's a sissy who doesn't like to tackle, but he's an above average starter. Pair him with the Bone Krusher to hide his pansy nature and he'll be fine.

HoustonFrog
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69351

WolverineFan
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I would do a 3 for Cro. He's a sissy who doesn't like to tackle, but he's an above average starter. Pair him with the Bone Krusher to hide his pansy nature and he'll be fine.

Guy has 7 kids with 6 different women in 5 different states. He's a weak tackler and is not a very good coverage guy. He's basically an interception headhunter because he knows guys that get picks get paid. However, I don't want him on my team and I'm not giving up anything before a 5th for him.

infantrycak
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Guy has 7 kids with 6 different women in 5 different states. He's a weak tackler and is not a very good coverage guy. He's basically an interception headhunter because he knows guys that get picks get paid. However, I don't want him on my team and I'm not giving up anything before a 5th for him.

And with all that the QB rating for throwing at him last year was 70.9. Compare to Dunta at 99.4.

BigBull17
02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I've heard the Choice talk alot. I like their DBs though..especially Jenkins and Scandrick and I think if Barber eventually leaves a Jones and Choice backfield works. With injuries they have needed him

I like Choice. He and Jones are really good two back tandem. I like Barber as well. Dallas has the RB's covered.

Hervoyel
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Every time I see this thread I think it's asking if the Texans should trade for Cromartie for some reason.

I don't know who or what we'd trade for him but my position is "no".

BigBull17
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Every time I see this thread I think it's asking if the Texans should trade for Cromartie for some reason.

Yeah, he is such a little *****.

infantrycak
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Might be because we merged a thread about that.

Why is your position no? - presumably at any price.

The Texans D was substantially better than the Saints D in everything except one area - picking off passes.

HOU-TEX
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Sounds like this dude's a real piece of work. You can scratch him off our board

Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie is allegedly $25,000 behind on child support after missing his Feb. 1 payment.

Cromartie, just 25 years old, has at least seven children with six different women in five states. Well on his way to Shawn Kemp/Travis Henry territory, the Chargers have grown tired of his off-field issues and soft play. He's going to bring a ton of baggage to any team that takes a chance on him in 2010.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=167814

RipTraxx
02-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Maybe im way off base...or possibly there is a thread i've missed. But its rumored that the Chargers are shopping him.....

I understand that the bolts are looking to trade for a RB, but hypothetically what would you guys trade to get him.

From what i gather he's everything we want in a corner. Tall, fast...excellent in press coverage (as was Dunta), which is what Frank Bush likes anyway.

Call me crazy but i'd do our 3rd 4th and Pick from SD for TJ (4th or 5th)that we got.

Any takers?

barrett
02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Nope. Texans wouldn't touch a guy with character issues. And certainly wouldn't give up picks for him. He would be a good fit from a football perspective but he want's more money and has issues.

Don't plan on it.

IBleedTexans
02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Maybe im way off base...or possibly there is a thread i've missed. But its rumored that the Chargers are shopping him.....

I understand that the bolts are looking to trade for a RB, but hypothetically what would you guys trade to get him.

From what i gather he's everything we want in a corner. Tall, fast...excellent in press coverage (as was Dunta), which is what Frank Bush likes anyway.

Call me crazy but i'd do our 3rd 4th and Pick from SD for TJ (4th or 5th)that we got.

Any takers?

Cromartie is WAYYYYYYYYY Overrated ! I want no part of him

Big Poundcake
02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd probably be willing to trade a 4th round pick for him.