PDA

View Full Version : blaylock to vist Houston

ArlingtonTexan
03-03-2005, 09:22 AM
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBE4UPDU5E.html

"Blaylock hit the free-agency market Wednesday, and the Bucs were one of the first teams to make contact with the agent for the four-year veteran out of Stephen F. Austin.

``We spoke with the Bucs [Wednesday],'' said Blaylock's agent, Michael Huyghue. ``We don't have a visit scheduled with them, but we're going to Houston [today], and if we get out of there, we'll probably set something up with Tampa.''

Gilly
03-03-2005, 09:39 AM
He is going to be to expensive. Im sure he would like to go somewhere that is looking for a starter like TB, or Miami. Wells can fill the spot. I jope we decide to sign him back.

rittenhouserobz
03-03-2005, 10:07 AM
By saying "if we get out of there", it makes me want to think there has been a previous dialogue. I expect the Texans to weigh their options carefully during this period. FA can be a really tricky option especially when aquiring the "better" FA's. Blaylock appears to be alright, but he was a product of an OL that makes many players look good.

F-minus67
03-03-2005, 11:50 AM
What would we want Blaylock, he is about the same size as davis and hollings and we need a big back.

Porky
03-03-2005, 12:35 PM
You kind of left out this part:

Blaylock, who had 118 carries for 539 yards and eight touchdowns as a backup to Priest Holmes last season, may never get as far as Houston. He spent Wednesday visiting with the Jets, who are interested in signing him as a replacement for fellow free-agent running back LaMont Jordan.

I think he would be an excellent signing. I think he is at least potentially better than DD, and more durable as well.

TEXANS84
03-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Just heard Blaylock did just sign with the Jets.

texansfan88
03-03-2005, 06:34 PM
hey TExans, IM me on yahoo, (texansfan88)

WildBlackBear32
03-03-2005, 06:38 PM

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/jets/ledger/stories/20050303_jets.html

Boom.

texan279
03-03-2005, 06:40 PM
I guess there's always Ron Dayne, or has he signed with anyone else yet?

Reddevil63
03-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Id rather have Wells than Dayne. Thats saying alot about him. He was supposed to be a big strong short yardage back like everybody here wants him to come in and be but he has been a huge bust for the Giants. DD is a better short yardage back than Dayne.

jagualex
03-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Id rather have Wells than Dayne. Thats saying alot about him. He was supposed to be a big strong short yardage back like everybody here wants him to come in and be but he has been a huge bust for the Giants. DD is a better short yardage back than Dayne.

yah but, Dane hasnt really been givin the oppurtunity to play a lot because of Tiki. Ron with the texans sounds like a good addition.

infantrycak
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM
yah but, Dane hasnt really been givin the oppurtunity to play a lot because of Tiki. Ron with the texans sounds like a good addition.

From a Jags fan, Dayne would sound like a great addition for the Texans. DD or Wells hit a hole harder than that guy.

texasguy346
03-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I definately do not want to see Dayne in a Texans uniform. I wish him luck with whatever team picks him up.