PDA

View Full Version : How many primetime games will we get next year?

m5kwatts
02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
The Schedule:

Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Ravens
Jets
Jaguars
Jaguars
Titans
Titans
Colts
Colts

The networks:

NBC Sunday Night Football
ESPN Monday Night Football
NFL Network Thursdays
A Thanksgiving/Christmas game

GuerillaBlack
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Cowboys on SNF. Titans and/or Colts on MNF.

m5kwatts
02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I think it'll be these 3:

Redskins on NFL Network Thursday game (Shanahan-Kubiak storyline)

Cowboys on ESPN Monday Night (obvious storyline)

A Sunday Night game flexed into primetime, I'd guess Colts, Titans, Chargers, Jets-anyone in contention on our schedule around then

Corrosion
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Cowboys on SNF. Titans and/or Colts on MNF.

Exactly what I thought when I looked at the schedule

Wolf
02-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I expect 4+ counting some playoff wins :pirate:

:runaway:

on a serious note I could see 3

I would be very surprised if the Texans were on a Thanksgiving game
, very surprised

brakos82
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I would be very surprised if the Texans were on a Thanksgiving game
, very surprised

Can't be worse than the Lions. :kitten:

imatexan
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I always love these threads!
:splits:

Thorn
02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I can see the Texans/Cowgirls in prime time, and one of our division rivals also.

I don't know about the Houston Broncos - Washington Texans game though. :tv:

m5kwatts
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I can see the Texans/Cowgirls in prime time, and one of our division rivals also.

I don't know about the Houston Broncos - Washington Texans game though. :tv:

Hey NFLN picked up Texans-Broncos a few years back... they always seem to pick up the storyline games and not necessarily the big primetime matchups (which they get outbid for by the bigger networks I'm sure).

I'd love to see the Texans/Cowboys on Thanksgiving... if the Raiders Bucs and Seahawks can get that game the past few years why not us? I think it would guarantee a way more competitive game too as its in Houston and we rarely get blown out of games. Also networks like to flock to warm climates during the cold autumn/winters. I'm just sayin its not completely out of the questions. Nor is a Christmas night game.

GuerillaBlack
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Texans-Cowboys can't play on Thanksgiving. Would be nice though.

m5kwatts
02-09-2010, 09:28 PM

Right it has to be at Jerryville. We can still hold out hope for Christmas night though.

StevieWonder
02-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I hope the Texans-Cowboys game is on Sunday so I won't have to skip too many classes the next day. That's assuming I can afford tickets at all...

nero THE zero
02-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm guessing:

Dallas
@Indy

BigBull17
02-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Skins on Monday night. Titans and Cowboys on Sunday. Or one of the SUnday games also on Monday/Thursday. Also, we will get flex scheduled.

GuerillaBlack
02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm guessing:

Dallas
@Indy

Yeah, pretty much. Dallas as the SNF and Indy as the MNF. Titans at home as a maybe on MNF (the game this year got good ratings). I can see the Redskins on a Thursday night, too.

b0ng
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I see 1 game unless the Texans are blowing people away and get flexed later on in the season.

eriadoc
02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
There's enough national buzz about the Texans being an up-and-coming team that I could see three, but after the way they performed in '09 on national TV, I say two.

Mailman
02-10-2010, 02:05 PM
There's enough national buzz about the Texans being an up-and-coming team that I could see three, but after the way they performed in '09 on national TV, I say two.

Huh? Every game they played in '09, week one against the Jets excepted, was close. The MNF game against the Titans sucked for us Texans fans, but it certainly did not suck for ESPN. That was a good game.

The schedule next season is very tough on paper, but it should increase the Texans' national exposure because there are a lot of enticing games for NBC, ESPN, and NFLN to choose from.

I voted two, but I think it could actually be three.

steelbtexan
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Probably none

Unless we get one early in the year.

The Texans record wont be good enough to get a prime time game late in the year. IMO

JCTexan
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I would say three. I could see the Dallas game, a divisional game (probably Indy), and possibly a third game against one of Eagles/Giants/Chargers/Ravens/Jets/Broncos. Houston has one of the toughest schedules next year which means they will have a lot of games that could get national attention.

BIG TORO
02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
When does the schedule come out!

HOU-TEX
02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
When does the schedule come out!

Sometime in early April

Giant Tiger
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm going with 2, road game Monday night against the tacks & a Sunday night home game.

NitroGSXR
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
If the NFL wants to witness history then it'd be 19 nationally televised games. Yup. Go Texans.

m5kwatts
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Here's to hoping for all regular season national games....the preseason MNF game was nice but I wanna see all regular season national games.

jppaul
02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
The Schedule:

Redskins
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Ravens
Jets
Jaguars
Jaguars
Titans
Titans
Colts
Colts

The networks:

NBC Sunday Night Football
ESPN Monday Night Football
NFL Network Thursdays
A Thanksgiving/Christmas game

I'll bet the Cowboys on Monday Night and the Titans on Monday night. One of the later games played on a Thursday. The Chargers game Sunday night.

Couple of years ago after thier first winning season in a while, the Browns got like 5 primetime games (including three Monday nighters), I have a feeling we will get 4.

TexanBacker93
02-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Texans-Cowboys can't be a Thanksgiving game, but the NFL does have a 3rd game on Thanksgiving, so it could be possible.

I think 2 actually will be scheduled (Cowboys and Colts) and then we'll pick up one more in a flex scheduling move. Then I figure we should have at least one more primetime game on Feb 6, 2011. There could be another one depending on game times for the other playoff games.

Mike Kerns
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm sticking with one. I say we get The Cowboys on a Monday or Sunday Night game.

Double Barrel
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm guessing two.

machineo
02-13-2010, 05:15 AM
If the Redskins had 3 last year after an 8-8 season, then we should get at least 3. Those were the most boring prime time games last year.

awtysst
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Thursday means an NFL network game. NFL network games suck. Hopefully we are not on the NFL network.

TexansBlood
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Im thinking 3. MNF(Colts) and SNF(Dallas) and a Thursday(Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Chargers) night game even though id rather see my Texans play on Sunday then Thursday.

Im thinking we will have a few 3 o'clock games this year with our schedule if so I get to pop open my first cold one at 11am instead of 8am and im so EXCITED especially if it's home games:beerfunnel:

:texflag:

GuerillaBlack
02-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Forgot about that.

We could get some national games for CBS/Fox (their late games), that most of the country sees. We'll probably get more of those than primetime games.

TexansBlood
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
:spin:

Dutchrudder
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Probably none

Unless we get one early in the year.

The Texans record wont be good enough to get a prime time game late in the year. IMO

Dude, every time you post about the Texans you always have some sort of negative or pessimistic outlook on the team. And every time I read your posts, I get the voice of Droopy Dog in my head.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_APo7y8gj1NA/SvCrJtGv3lI/AAAAAAAABOE/fHzuIdHAUdI/s400/DroopyDog3.jpg

The draft hasn't even happened yet, there's no reason to start predicting win/loss records yet.

Ryan
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
If you think we're getting more than 2 than you have a rough thing coming. A non playoff team doesn't get 3 primetime slots...period.

I'd be pleased with 1 again tbh.

Shaft75
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I really think we get 16 primetime games this year.

We're just that good.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
If you think we're getting more than 2 than you have a rough thing coming. A non playoff team doesn't get 3 primetime slots...period.

I'd be pleased with 1 again tbh.

Like the Browns in 2008?

Thorn
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe we'll get an extra prime time game or two because we'll be the team fodder for the "really good team" for their schedule. LOL

BIG TORO
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I really think we get 16 primetime games this year.

We're just that good.

With Pre season might be 20!

Ryan
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Like the Browns in 2008?

They had one thing going for them....they weren't a Houston team.

The media has high hopes for us again, with good reason, but still, 3 primetime games seems a bit much for us.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2010, 04:59 PM

The media has high hopes for us again, with good reason, but still, 3 primetime games seems a bit much for us.

I don't think so, especially with the hype this team has been getting.

Blake
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I think 2. But maybe we will be surprised with a 3rd.

vs. Flaming Thumbtacks (VY) (Rival)
vs. Cowgirls (State Rival)
vs. Jets or Redskins (McNabb) (Sanchez)

Hervoyel
04-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I think two is the safe bet too. We're no longer lousy so we won't get shut out or the token single prime-time game on Thursday night. At the same time we haven't really ever gotten "hot" and tore it up against the opposition, much less against winning-team type opposition. We aren't getting a lot of prime-time exposure because we have limited national appeal. That only changes with winning over and over again.

BIG TORO
04-13-2010, 05:10 PM

To me 3 is not alot because we are playing alot of big names teams. It will probably be 3 but because of the teams were playing not because of us.

nut
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
We'll get 3 if we are still in the hunt late in the year. The Sunday night games are not set for the later part of the season.

gary
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
I say all sixteen games are in primetime.

awtysst
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
As long as we don't get any Thursday night NFL Network games I will be happy. I cannot watch NFL network games on local coverage (since I don't live in Htown) and I don't know if I can get to a sports bar on a thursday.

PLUS, I do not want a Thanksgiving game. I am usually visiting with family they are NOT sports fans. So, please Texans, help me out: No Tgiving or thursday night games!

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I say three. We play a lot of big name teams this year. I say Cowboys (SNF), Titans (MNF), and at Colts (MNF). Maybe the Jets on Thanksgiving.

Rey
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I think we'll get one.

JB
04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I think we'll get one.

Way too pessimistic buddy! I think we will get two, with two late season flex games.

Look for Wash/Hous to be one of the flex games.

gary
04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
As long as we don't get any Thursday night NFL Network games I will be happy. I cannot watch NFL network games on local coverage (since I don't live in Htown) and I don't know if I can get to a sports bar on a thursday.

PLUS, I do not want a Thanksgiving game. I am usually visiting with family they are NOT sports fans. So, please Texans, help me out: No Tgiving or thursday night games!Have you even watched sports games online?

awtysst
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Have you even watched sports games online?

Yeah I have and many of the streamed broadcasts are horrible visual quality. Sometimes the quality is so bad or the lag is so great, its hard to watch the game.

If there is a Tgiving game, I will miss it since I spend time with family at tgiving. They are not sports fans so it will be kinda tough to watch a poor quality streamed game on tgiving and not spend it with the family.

Lucky
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
The Texans will get a MNF game with either the Colts or the Titans. Probably in Reliant late in the year, when ESPN can count on good weather inside the covered stadium. I've heard that McNair wants a road Thanksgiving night game on the NFL Network, at the Jets new stadium. I can see that happening, so I'll put the number at 2 primetime games.

gary
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah I have and many of the streamed broadcasts are horrible visual quality. Sometimes the quality is so bad or the lag is so great, its hard to watch the game.

If there is a Tgiving game, I will miss it since I spend time with family at tgiving. They are not sports fans so it will be kinda tough to watch a poor quality streamed game on tgiving and not spend it with the family.I understand.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2010, 09:06 PM

If there is a Tgiving game, I will miss it since I spend time with family at tgiving. They are not sports fans so it will be kinda tough to watch a poor quality streamed game on tgiving and not spend it with the family.

NFL.com has the Thursday Night Games on their website. If you have SprintTV, you can watch them from your phone, too.

Andrew6
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I want a thanksgiving day game.

Craig.
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
NFL.com has the Thursday Night Games on their website. If you have SprintTV, you can watch them from your phone, too.

Not as of April 1st. Verizon ganked the NFL content from Sprint. We now get ESPN Mobile which is better IMO.

GuerillaBlack
04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Not as of April 1st. Verizon ganked the NFL content from Sprint. We now get ESPN Mobile which is better IMO.

Dang, I'm just now looking at my phone and checking it out.

awtysst
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM

I do have verizon, but man, watching a football game on a tiny phone screen is brutal!

m5kwatts
04-14-2010, 01:04 AM

PLUS, I do not want a Thanksgiving game. I am usually visiting with family they are NOT sports fans. So, please Texans, help me out: No Tgiving or thursday night games!

Lol this is why I already told my family - if the Texans are playing on Thanksgiving then thats where my focus is. I'll still get wasted all day and feast on all the food but come game time I'm all Texans.

BIG TORO
04-14-2010, 07:44 AM
I want a thanksgiving day game.

Me 2!

False Start
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I will say one, but possibly 2. I think either the Cowgirls, or Tacks game will be primetime, and the possibility of the Jets game on Thanksgiving night.

SheTexan
04-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Jets on Thanksgiving (away)
Titans SNF (here)
Cowboys MNF (here) and that will suck!! I don't like MNF games at home.

gtexan02
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
A perfect normal distribution. Awesome :)

devo-x
04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I would rather the Texans have a playoff game this year although 2 nationally televised games seems reasonable

brakos82
04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
A perfect normal distribution. Awesome :)

I am so glad I'm not the only one that thought this. :brando:

Norg
04-19-2010, 01:20 AM
i think we r getting more then 2

we should get one just for the alone fact we went 9-7 then add about 2 since we r playing the NFC east this year along with playing AFC north and a AFC east and we play in the AFC south yeah im thinking 3+

BIG TORO
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Today is the day, I still say 3.

dalemurphy
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Today is the day, I still say 3.

there are about 45 primetime games, counting Thanksgiving, etc... If you count Saturday games lat in the season, we are close to 50. So, that's 90+ spots available.

Factoring the Texans recent record, expectations, opponents... as well as things like notable players, style of play, etc... I really expect a minimum of 3 games, and I'm starting to think we may get 4.

BIG TORO
04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
there are about 45 primetime games, counting Thanksgiving, etc... If you count Saturday games lat in the season, we are close to 50. So, that's 90+ spots available.

Factoring the Texans recent record, expectations, opponents... as well as things like notable players, style of play, etc... I really expect a minimum of 3 games, and I'm starting to think we may get 4.

If we get a 4th, It would be a late season Saturday game.

TheCD
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd guess 3, perhaps even four if we're flexed on SNF at the end of the season.

Does anyone else hate waiting for primetime games? The announcing quality is better, but the Texans at noon for me is a habit. Waiting for a 3 o'clock game is maddening, and I can't figure out what to do with myself. The only thing that keeps me sane if we have a MNF game is saying to myself over and over "it's not a bye week...the Texans will play again in only 6 days after Monday..."

ubecool454
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I think we get 3 prime time games. One road game and 2 home games. I just hope we get more 3pm games this year.

TexansBlood
04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I think we get 3 prime time games. One road game and 2 home games. I just hope we get more 3pm games this year.

Co-signed.

3 games 2 at home. I really want some 3pm games so I can sleep an extra hour or two on Sundays and start my drinking at pm not am like always lol

ubecool454
04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd guess 3, perhaps even four if we're flexed on SNF at the end of the season.

Does anyone else hate waiting for primetime games? The announcing quality is better, but the Texans at noon for me is a habit. Waiting for a 3 o'clock game is maddening, and I can't figure out what to do with myself. The only thing that keeps me sane if we have a MNF game is saying to myself over and over "it's not a bye week...the Texans will play again in only 6 days after Monday..."

You can't figure out what to do until 3pm? How about tailgating....I have to get up to early to get set up for 12pm games. Stadium parking opens at 8am, and I'm up at 5am getting ready. I would like a couple 3pm games.

TexanDave
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Getting my pick in before the schedule comes out tonight.

I say 3.

@ the Jets on Thanksgiving
home vs. Titans (Sunday night)
home vs. Colts (Monday night)

Norg
04-20-2010, 03:00 PM
MNF- Texans vs Cowboys

SNF Texans at Redskins

TNF Colts at Texans

THanksgiving Texans at Jets

Ryan
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Geez y'all are really getting delusional here if you think we're getting 4. I still am hoping we get 1 or 2.

TheCD
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
You can't figure out what to do until 3pm? How about tailgating....I have to get up to early to get set up for 12pm games. Stadium parking opens at 8am, and I'm up at 5am getting ready. I would like a couple 3pm games.

That would be awesome...but I live 7-8 hours away from Houston. I'm going to go this year probably to either the Colts or Cowboys game. I vowed last year to see a divisional game...but I REALLY want to see the Cowboys get stomped at home (I live in Wichita Falls...which is a breeding ground for that garbage...I swear I was the first Texans fan in this town, and with our winning season they're everywhere now).

DocBar
04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I know....I cheated and waited for the schedule to come out.

Norg
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
3 agansit WTF teams

Teh ravens ..... and philly umm NFL Mcnabb is not in philly anymore LOL

and the ravens total owned us last time we played them Sage throw like 5 picks in 3 mins LOL

BIG TORO
04-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Geez y'all are really getting delusional here if you think we're getting 4. I still am hoping we get 1 or 2.

I guess were not so delusional!

gtexan02
04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
So is the answer 3? I dont see the 4th

BIG TORO
04-21-2010, 08:54 AM
So is the answer 3? I dont see the 4th

I called 3 earlier in the thread, and it is 3.

HOU-TEX
04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess we'll end up with 3 primetime games this season.

BIG TORO
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess we'll end up with 3 primetime games this season.

Actually I think you are wrong, If we have a good season we might end up with 4.

m5kwatts
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I called 3 earlier in the thread, and it is 3.

Cheers, me too!

Steelbtexan said 0 if I recall? lol just playin