PDA

View Full Version : LaDanian Tomlinson

theanswer000
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
According to NFL.com, Tomlinson says that he expects to be released by the chargers sooner rather than later.

I believe its upsetting to see that one of the best players in recent history have to move on from his original franchise.

I read a few of the comments that were listed and alot of people think he wants to come back home to finish his career since he played for TCU. I think Dallas would be an interesting fit since they are already stacked at the running back position.

A few comments were made that he would come to a young, promising Houston team because of our "poor" running back situation.

Although I wouldn't mind him in the backfield and maybe a redzone or goal line back, I'm afraid it would end up like another Ahman Green situation. I'll say pass but it took a while for me....thoughts?

LT on the Texans would be a good thing in my opinion. He can help develop other running backs possibly Slaton? And he is not a bad running back he had a bad year but it was better than any of the running backs we have. I think he would immediatly upgrade the team if he was signed. Not saying that we still shouldnt draft a running back in the draft somewhere. Atleast the option of taking a running back in the first would be gone. Hopefully he isnt worried about money and they can get a deal done.

Maybe he will come workout for Houston when he gets cut. I doubt he expects much and he does not need money. He was one of the highest paid players for years. It seems like he really just wants a team that wants him.

Picture hearing this every sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdBjHc-6WE

DBCooper
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Wait for it.......wait for it........

infantrycak
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM
One thing that can be said about LT is he is a proven short yardage/goal line RB. In a bad year he had 12 TDs this last season.

HOU-TEX
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
One thing that can be said about LT is he is a proven short yardage/goal line RB. In a bad year he had 12 TDs this last season.

Yep, he also seems to disappear or get injured when it comes playoff time. So yeah, he'd fit right in here considering we're never there.

I kid......or at least I hope I am

PapaL
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
No No No

Double Barrel
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Depending on the money, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni. Especially if he's got a chip on his shoulder. We play the AFC West next season, so he's familiar with the teams, plus he might have something to prove to his old team. The money has to be right for us, though, and I think he'll probably ask to much.

Kaiser Toro
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
We could use a 30 year old kid, he is better than what we have in the stable currently.

El Tejano
02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
My friend that is a Chargers fan noted that once they left LT as a single back with no FB his numbers started to decline. What if he gets put with a guy like Leach? His numbers were low but it's better than anything our guys put up last year.

The only thing that bothers me is LT's injuries always seem to be a team distraction.

On the other hand, if he's looking for a team that wants him and he's got a chip on his shoulder, he might be ready to prove everyone wrong.

Boris
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
On the other hand, if he's looking for a team that wants him and he's got a chip on his shoulder, he might be ready to prove everyone wrong.

"Someday you'll meet your rocking chair
Cos that's where we're spinning
There's no point to wanna comb your hair
When it's grey and thinning"

- the Clash "Bankrobber"

El Tejano
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
"Someday you'll meet your rocking chair
Cos that's where we're spinning
There's no point to wanna comb your hair
When it's grey and thinning"

- the Clash "Bankrobber"

That's funny :lol:

TEXANS84
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I would love LT to come to the Texans.

It would be inviting....Dallas does not need a running back...he's from South of Waco...would be close enough for his mother and family to watch games...and he would play against the Chargers this year.

theanswer000
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
haha that is funny.

I would not be surprised though to see him in a Texans uni this year. He is nothing like Ahman Green or Stacy Mack. Signing LT and drafting Blount would be a smart idea. We have a back better than what we had in LT and we are not giving up completely on Arian or Stevey yet. Then next season we will really see if Slaton is back. If LT played here it would probably only be about a 2 year deal and a 3rd year option.

Blake
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I bet he is going to want 8 million a year. No thanks.

Corrosion
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM

If thats the case I'd have to pass on him ....

But if he could be had for a reasonable sum I'd take a shot .... especially considering Slaton's recent surgery - the RB position just has to be upgraded.

stingray
02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
They interviewed Shaun Alexander on Sirius NFL Radio a couple days ago and he said he would give it a try if a team would call him...

Anybody..Anybody :cow::cow::cow:

b0ng
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM

He's going to be in for a very rude awakening in free agency if that's the number he's going to demand. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni either but it has to be at the right price.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Herschel Walker is still in great shape. Just sayin...

:sarcasm: