PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars D Just Got Stronger

TEXANS84
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Link (http://jaguars.com/story/4228.asp)

Jags just signed DE Reggie Hayward.

By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor

(March 2)-They targeted him and they signed him. Reggie Hayward, considered to be the top player among the free-agent defensive end crop, signed a five-year contract with the Jaguars on Wednesday evening.

“We think Reggie is an ascending player and we're excited to add him to our defensive front. We feel that alongside Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, he'll have an opportunity to generate a lot of production,” Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio said of the addition of Hayward.

Hayward arrived at Alltel Stadium in mid-afternoon on Wednesday and signed the contract by seven p.m. Wednesday signaled the start of the free-agent signing period.

“I was in the office at midnight last night, we talked and it seemed like he had a lot of interest in this and this was the right fit. He knew a lot about us and John and Marcus, was interested in playing with them and for Jack. Things went fairly quickly,” Jaguars salary cap boss and lead contract negotiator Paul Vance said.

The addition of Hayward, 6-5, 275, addressed a desperate need at defensive end, where the Jaguars' top pass-rusher last season was converted linebacker Greg Favors. Hayward had 10.5 sacks with the Broncos last season, and seven of those sacks were against AFC South teams. Hayward recorded a sack against the Jaguars in week two, in a game in which Hayward was judged to have dominated the early action.

Hayward had three sacks against Tennessee, two against Indianapolis and one against Houston. The Jaguars' hope, of course, is that playing each of those teams twice in the regular season will cause Hayward's sacks total to skyrocket.

At 25, Hayward just completed his fourth pro season and is entering what should be the prime years of his career. He was a third-round draft pick by the Broncos out of Iowa State in 2001. In '03, Hayward rose to prominence with 8.5 sacks.

The Broncos had the “franchise” tag available to use on Hayward, but declined to do so. The Broncos are tight against the salary cap and would've needed to re-structure a couple of contracts to make room for Hayward, and that option may have been made further unattractive by the fact that the Broncos are switching to a 3-4 defense in '05 and Hayward is clearly not suited to play end in a 3-4.

Havoc
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Stroud, Henderson, Hayward. Now all we need is some speed at WR and hopefully we won't be "owned" as you say. Texans lookout, the Kitties are coming.

TEXANS84
03-02-2005, 08:05 PM
we won't be "owned" as you say.

What are you talking about?

http://www.texanstalk.com/newspics/jagsowned.gif

Reddevil63
03-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Stroud, Henderson, Hayward. Now all we need is some speed at WR and hopefully we won't be "owned" as you say. Texans lookout, the Kitties are coming.
Its not like we aren't going to be getting better this offseason as well. :heh:

Havoc
03-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Its not like we aren't going to be getting better this offseason as well. :heh:

Carr protection anyone?

Seriously, this guy needs some lineman help or it will be Ragone/Banks to Johnson. If he is the future of the franchise, then why haven't we heard of any signings? A good RB would help lighten the load also. Two stars can't do it by themselves. There better be a tackle drafted in the first couple of rounds.

swisher
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Try actually beating us once or twice before you try to tell us to stop saying we own you.

ColdSteelBlue
03-02-2005, 10:49 PM

Hayward is a nice DE, but he can't help you score more than 6 points in two
games. Here kitty, kitty.

Rosusu
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
HAHA you reffered to your team as kitties. :loser

Havoc
03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
We are cats dummy. You gotta come with better smack than that.

texansfan88
03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
they overpaid for hayward BIG time

Rosusu
03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
A kittie is a baby cat, are you refering to your team as a bunch of babies?

keyfro
03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
the jags d-line to me has never been their weakness...i mean how can you say your weakness has been your d-line when you have the two most dominant tackle duo in the nfl

Reddevil63
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Carr protection anyone?

Seriously, this guy needs some lineman help or it will be Ragone/Banks to Johnson. If he is the future of the franchise, then why haven't we heard of any signings? A good RB would help lighten the load also. Two stars can't do it by themselves. There better be a tackle drafted in the first couple of rounds.
Who missed more games last season? Oh thats right Gary Coleman, I mean Leftwich. Sounds like you guys should be worrying about his protection as well instead of a D-line that was fine to begin with. Oh and have you heard of a guy named Domanick Davis??? Trust me we are just fine at RB.

Havoc
03-02-2005, 11:19 PM
the jags d-line to me has never been their weakness...i mean how can you say your weakness has been your d-line when you have the two most dominant tackle duo in the nfl

If you've watched the Jags games, the pass rush is not a threat. We can make our defense look way better by adding a solid pass rusher. Paul Spicer was out after the Denver game, and the pass defense suffered because of that.. I see us being a playoff caliber team with a WR(s) who can stretch the field.

Koruptified
03-02-2005, 11:20 PM

Because we had no pass rush. We had the best DTs, but we NEEDED a pass rush to relieve our CBs. With the Hayward signing, our defense has just gotten that much stronger. Now, we need to get a quality OLT in FA and then sit back and wait for the draft.

Havoc
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
they overpaid for hayward BIG time

It was a desperate need.

Havoc
03-02-2005, 11:33 PM
A kittie is a baby cat, are you refering to your team as a bunch of babies?

Just an expression, geez. A cat is a cat. These are grown men playing. Trying to have some fun with y'all.

And please, stop with the Gary Coleman thing. Come up with somethin' creative if you wanna diss us that badly. You hate the Jags but have a love/hate with the Titans.

TheTim5125
03-02-2005, 11:33 PM
its a good pick up.. but he's definatly is getting overpaid

Havoc
03-02-2005, 11:36 PM
its a good pick up.. but he's definatly is getting overpaid

Good pickup but I want Andre Johnson. Free agent anytime soon? We got plenty of money to spend. Thanks.

Fiddy
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
they overpaid for hayward BIG timeHayward did have like 10 1/2 sacks last season though. That D-line keeps getting better.

Reddevil63
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
And please, stop with the Gary Coleman thing. Come up with somethin' creative if you wanna diss us that badly. You hate the Jags but have a love/hate with the Titans.
Nah I kinda like it, :neener: I dont hate the Jags, I look forward to many more great battles from two teams on their way to the top of the league. As much as you probably dont like to hear it, our teams mirror each other in many many ways.

texansfan88
03-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Just an expression, geez. A cat is a cat. These are grown men playing. Trying to have some fun with y'all.

20-6 and 21-0 creative enough?

Or shall we continue with the "whatchu talkin bout willis?"

TEXANS84
03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/july/garycoleman_150.jpg

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6338356.jpg

Rosusu
03-03-2005, 12:17 AM
I know, I know, I am just poking fun at yall. I really do like the "kitties" a lot and look forward to playing them. We are the two up and coming teams in the AFC south and in the next few years we will be battling for the AFC title. Just having a little fun with ya. :thumbup

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Nah I kinda like it, :neener: I dont hate the Jags, I look forward to many more great battles from two teams on their way to the top of the league. As much as you probably dont like to hear it, our teams mirror each other in many many ways.

No, i'm a casual football fan and watch any team that plays. I don't know about your running back being better than ours, but your receiving corps is. We got the edge in defense, tied at QB. Rashean Mathis is better at DB. Safties I don't know, since Darius is poor at pass coverage.

TEXANS84
03-03-2005, 12:27 AM
tied at QB. Rashean Mathis is better at DB.

The first part was funny. But the second...haha, you're good.

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:29 AM
http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/july/garycoleman_150.jpg

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6338356.jpg

lol:

That's it. If only I knew how to get "pretty boy" Carr's pic. Twirling his hair! It's true, it's true! He was flippin' it on TV! :heh:

Grid
03-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Jags win at Dline and Oline. we win everywhere else. LB is questionable.

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:34 AM
O my God, Domanick is better than Fred? Dunta better than Mathis!What you smokin' and let me have some.

TEXANS84
03-03-2005, 12:37 AM
O my God, Domanick is better than Fred? Dunta better than Mathis!What you smokin' and let me have some.

No, Carr is better than Leftwich, and yes...Dunta is better than Mathis.

Fred Taylor is better than Domanick.

Grid
03-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Dom and Fred are comparable :).. the difference is that Fred is old and injury prone.. and Dom is young and injury prone.. he could still grow out of it :). And he still has room to grow skill wise as well.

As for Mathis Vs Dunta. Dunta knocks the **** out of mathis in every phase of the game.

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Man I give credit where it is due, but come on Vinny. He's a rookie.

Grid
03-03-2005, 12:39 AM
he was also (supposed to be) rookie of the year. he was also the best CB in the league last season (ok.. maybe top 3). Watch him play.. look at his stats. Mathis isnt a bad CB.. but Dunta is the man.

Sarg01
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Dunta better than Mathis!What you smokin' and let me have some.

One of ESPN's guys ranked Dunta as the 2nd best CB in the AFC towards the end of last year - in commentary about Dunta getting robbed for Def. Rookie of Year. CBS Sportsline said he was arguably the best. Not the best rookie. The best CB (it was in his Pro Bowl snub report). Now, I think that might be a slight reach given that we've only seen one season from the guy, but I've never heard anyone major refer to Mathis as much other than, "could probably be a solid #2".

I guess we passed the pipe up to ESPN and CBS ...

The Texans could be in the running for the best secondary in the conference if Earl improves as much this year as last. They run away with the division where Jags are a distant second.

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:42 AM
So if Mathis was available, you wouldn't try to get him Grid? Not bad, huh.

Grid
03-03-2005, 12:47 AM
id probably go for him.. if the price was right. and id put him as the #2 CB after Dunta. He would replace Glenn when he retired.

Sarg01
03-03-2005, 12:48 AM
id probably go for him.. if the price was right. and id put him as the #2 CB after Dunta. He would replace Glenn when he retired.

He would be a pretty awesome nickelback. Gotta give him that.

Grid
03-03-2005, 12:49 AM
he would cost too much to be a nickle back. id stick with Faggins... I doubt he would be better than Faggins as a nickle back.

ColdSteelBlue
03-03-2005, 12:50 AM
No, i'm a casual football fan and watch any team that plays. I don't know about your running back being better than ours, but your receiving corps is. We got the edge in defense, tied at QB. Rashean Mathis is better at DB. Safties I don't know, since Darius is poor at pass coverage.
Man, what you smokin? Mathis is good. IMO he.s a future stud, but he'd be the #3 corner in our secondary until glenn retires

Havoc
03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
But our defense matches up well against the Colts and yours against us because we don't have any kind of speed at WR.

But as far as Dunta, he might develop Charles Woodson/Terrence Newman syndrome of him thinking he's the best and then gettin' scorched, trying to build his int's up.

Grid
03-03-2005, 01:02 AM
he hasnt shown that kind of mentality yet. All signs point to him being the kind of player that knows he has a job to do, and he goes out and does it to the best of his ability. he actually likes tackling more than intercepting :).. you should have seen his sacks this past season.

Anywho.. its safe to say that he knows he is good.. but with his personality, and with Glenn teaching him.. I dont think we need to worry too much about him giving up big plays while trying to make himself look better.

besides.. as much as you jag fans praise Mathis, he could end up getting Woodson/Newman syndrome himself :)

Havoc
03-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Check out our former corners Aaron Beasly and Fernando Bryant. It's been awhile since we had this kind of play.

jagualex
03-03-2005, 07:20 PM
he hasnt shown that kind of mentality yet. All signs point to him being the kind of player that knows he has a job to do, and he goes out and does it to the best of his ability. he actually likes tackling more than intercepting :).. you should have seen his sacks this past season.

Anywho.. its safe to say that he knows he is good.. but with his personality, and with Glenn teaching him.. I dont think we need to worry too much about him giving up big plays while trying to make himself look better.

besides.. as much as you jag fans praise Mathis, he could end up getting Woodson/Newman syndrome himself :)

And neither did Charles Woodson and Newman untill their second year. Until you say hes the best wait until at least two years. I like Dunta but give him time until you say hes going to the hall of fame.

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 01:18 PM
And neither did Charles Woodson and Newman untill their second year. Until you say hes the best wait until at least two years. I like Dunta but give him time until you say hes going to the hall of fame.

Dunta was maybe the best CB last year, top three at least... thats all were saying, we never said he was the best ever... but i will say that mathis would be lucky to carry Dunta's jock strap at the end of a game........... and to vinny, you gotta admit that DD played way better than Taylor in the two games, although Taylor was hurt in one game and did not play, the other game the jags just didnt give him the ball, i think, he may have been hurt in both, not sure.... DD had 214 rushing yards on 53 carries= 4.0 yards per carry, and 9 catches for 70 yards= 7.7 yards per reception... Taylor had 9 rushing yards on 3 attempts and 10 yards on 1 reception

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
there is no doubt that through fred's career he has been a great back, but domanick is still getting better, while fred's career is slowing down... i would take DD over Taylor, because of the upside

Koruptified
03-07-2005, 03:53 PM
there is no doubt that through fred's career he has been a great back, but domanick is still getting better, while fred's career is slowing down... i would take DD over Taylor, because of the upside

Taylor is still producing and is not going downhill. In a few years his production will slow down, but it isn't right now. Sure, he's out of his prime, but he's still better than most runninbacks out there.

Fiddy
03-07-2005, 04:11 PM
there is no doubt that through fred's career he has been a great back, but domanick is still getting better, while fred's career is slowing down... i would take DD over Taylor, because of the upsideSlowing down??? He had 1500 yards rushing a year ago and, I think, almost 1300 in, like, 14 games last year. (Not sure about last year) He is far from slowing down.

Rosusu
03-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Right now Taylor is a better back than DD. In a few years it will probably be switched but right now taylor is hands down, no arguement better than DD. He may have played better in one or two games, but Taylor has produced so much in his career and he is not slowing down a bit.

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
not slowing down? he didnt play in the last two games, and just had to have surgery to repair a knee... he is slowing down... and i know he has produced in his career, but that is his past, i would take DD over Taylor any day, DD is a double threat at the age of 24, and yes does tend to be hampered by injuries himself, but his injuries are bruises and sprains.. taylor is 29, his career ISwinding down, and suffers from worse injuries

Koruptified
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
not slowing down? he didnt play in the last two games, and just had to have surgery to repair a knee... he is slowing down... and i know he has produced in his career, but that is his past, i would take DD over Taylor any day, DD is a double threat at the age of 24, and yes does tend to be hampered by injuries himself, but his injuries are bruises and sprains.. taylor is 29, his career ISwinding down, and suffers from worse injuries

Taylor missed 2 games after being at like, 46 consecutive games. He has had plenty of time to let his knew heal. I assure you, Taylor is not going downhill. And if he starts to decrease in production, he is STILL better than most backs out there, including DD.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Domanick Davis can't carry Fred Taylor's jock. Sorry but I'm not a complete homer like some of you.

Dionysus22
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Hayward is a nice DE, but he can't help you score more than 6 points in two
games. Here kitty, kitty.

Dare I say....OWNED once again!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Yup, the Texans own the Jags and that isn't homer talk. It's the truth!

Havoc
03-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Yup, the Texans own the Jags and that isn't homer talk. It's the truth!

Wayne Weaver owns the Jags and Bob McNair owns the Texans.

ColdSteelBlue
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Wayne Weaver owns the Jags and Bob McNair owns the Texans.
So I guess that means McNair owns Weaver :heh:

jagualex
03-07-2005, 07:14 PM
And i guess that means Payton owns the texans.....say have you ever beat them/

wags
03-07-2005, 07:19 PM

And Brady owns Peyton, Brady works for Belichick, who works for Kraft. My god, Kraft owns the entire league.

Havoc
03-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that one.

Pay-me-a-ton has his career games against them.

I'm still seeing a Dallas Clark taking 30 seconds to score a touchdown.

And um, the Colts own the Texans. :)

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
he is approaching 30 after a knee surgery... it is a well known fact that most backs, tend to drop off around that age, sure there are some exceptions, im not saying taylor is going to be horrible next year, im not saying he is going to be avg like 3 yards a carry and only gain like 900 yards, but i think now is the time where you will see the wear and tear of the nfl make its impact on Taylor, and his numbers will start to fall off... like i said earlier, DD might not be better than Taylor now, but he has more upside for the future, and thats why I'd rather have DD

H-townTexan
03-07-2005, 08:17 PM
he is approaching 30 after a knee surgery... it is a well known fact that most backs, tend to drop off around that age, sure there are some exceptions, im not saying taylor is going to be horrible next year, im not saying he is going to be avg like 3 yards a carry and only gain like 900 yards, but i think now is the time where you will see the wear and tear of the nfl make its impact on Taylor, and his numbers will start to fall off... like i said earlier, DD might not be better than Taylor now, but he has more upside for the future, and thats why I'd rather have DD

Man boy listen Fred Taylor still throwed though and plus he gettin old and bad while DAVIS is still young and gettin better he gonna run thru jaguars again plus jaguars never beat COLTS and we kept them under 30 points HAVOC and plus we shut yall down

THEFUTURE
03-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Man boy listen Fred Taylor still throwed though and plus he gettin old and bad while DAVIS is still young and gettin better he gonna run thru jaguars again plus jaguars never beat COLTS and we kept them under 30 points HAVOC and plus we shut yall down

is this directed at me??? cuz i didnt say anything bout the colts, but the jags have beat the colts, plus im a texan fan, so you didnt shut me down....and im saying id rather have davis, you should read what i am saying... im confused, maybe your not talking to me, but you cited my previous article, so im not sure

Koruptified
03-08-2005, 03:47 AM
is this directed at me??? cuz i didnt say anything bout the colts, but the jags have beat the colts, plus im a texan fan, so you didnt shut me down....and im saying id rather have davis, you should read what i am saying... im confused, maybe your not talking to me, but you cited my previous article, so im not sure

It took me a while to decipher what he said, but he is a Texan (go figure) and is trying to say that DD is better than Taylor. Christ, yes, DD is younger and so the future is brighter, but he still is nothing compared to Taylor.

And, yes, we've beat the Colts, and we held them to 24 points both times we played them last year. And we would have beat them the first game if it wasn't for some phantom holding call.

And there's not much I can say to the one that mentioned "Owned" again. Our team fell apart and we lost, horribly, both times. Congratulations. Hopefully this year it won't happen the same way.

rittenhouserobz
03-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Just a side note. We almost beat the Colts a couple of times. I believe they have blown us out 3 times, but we have been at 11 points or less difference 3 times. The Jags really don't get blown out by Indy during the same timespan.

This would lead me to believe the Texans have a greater hill to climb when compared to Indy. I think the upside is that our secondary is getting younger and Indy is getting older.

If we managed to draft Pac-man then I believe with Drob as #1, Pac-man #2, and Faggins as the NB we will be in good shape for the future.

BTW Jags fans Our LB's are only getting better. The big question mark on defense is wether or not Payne and Walker can play to previous form.

TheOgre
03-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Anyone that thinks that DD is in the same class as Fred Taylor is delusional. Taylor is the most underrated RB in the NFL. My only knock against him was that he was injured a lot early in his career. It seems like that has gone away. Look at his career YPC and he blows away DD.

Take off your Homer glasses and be objective.

infantrycak
03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Taylor is the most underrated RB in the NFL.

Removing DD from the equation, Taylor is a great RB. One problem with calling him underrated though is he has a career track record of not getting the ball in the end-zone, or not being trusted enough by the coaching staff to let him even try.

TheOgre
03-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Removing DD from the equation, Taylor is a great RB. One problem with calling him underrated though is he has a career track record of not getting the ball in the end-zone, or not being trusted enough by the coaching staff to let him even try.

Was Barry Sanders a great back? He often had guys like Cory Schlesinger getting carries near the goalline.

Havoc
03-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Was Barry Sanders a great back? He often had guys like Cory Schlesinger getting carries near the goalline.

Barry Sanders was a good back. The definition of great rb is player with speed and power, ranging from a 30 yard run td to a goal line situation rb.

Jim Brown, Earl Cambell, Eric Dickerson and currently Jamaal Lewis(Ravens) fits that mold.

infantrycak
03-08-2005, 02:08 PM

Well now since I identified Fred Taylor as a great back despite what I see as a flaw in his game then seems clear Sanders would be as well. Having said that Sanders has upsides and downsides like every back--two downsides were getting stuffed a lot and having guys like Cory come in which is related to getting stuffed. People dis Emmitt because he wasn't as flashy as Barry or as likely to bust off a long TD, but if the game comes down to the final drive with 5 minutes on the clock and you were only going to put one HB in the game who would it be Emmitt or Barry? Both great backs, but different.

THEFUTURE
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Like i said, Taylor is the better running back, but only for now... his production will start to drop in the next few years of his career

Koruptified
03-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Like i said, Taylor is the better running back, but only for now... his production will start to drop in the next few years of his career

Well, duh! He's getting older. If Taylor was still able to outproduce DD when he is 33 or 34, then you would have a serious RB situation. Don't compare Taylor in a couple years to DD. Compare Taylor's early career with DD.

infantrycak
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Compare Taylor's early career with DD.

Well for the 1st two years of their careers:

ypc Taylor wins 4.6 ypc v. 4.1
yards DD wins 2219 v. 1955
TD's DD wins 21 v. 20
20+ runs Taylor wins 14 v. 10

Rosusu
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I would stick with your argument that Taylor is better than DD right now. Becuase if you look at their first few year stats they are about the same.

TheOgre
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Barry Sanders was a good back. The definition of great rb is player with speed and power, ranging from a 30 yard run td to a goal line situation rb.

Havoc,

You lost the little bit of credibility you had with me. That is absurd! Barry Sanders is one of the top 2-3 backs ever.

THEFUTURE
03-08-2005, 07:23 PM
infantrycak is that purely rushing TD's or is it the total (rushing and receiving) ... either way it looks like its pretty even between the two, and i would have to give it to DD especially with the line he plays behind

infantrycak
03-08-2005, 09:30 PM
infantrycak is that purely rushing TD's or is it the total (rushing and receiving) ... either way it looks like its pretty even between the two, and i would have to give it to DD especially with the line he plays behind

Those were rushing TD's. Taylor had 3 receiving TD's and DD 1 so on overall TD's Taylor has 23 and DD 22.

Now to stir the pot a little--what is worse having TD's that some don't count because they are from 1 or 2 yards or not being able to make TD's from 1 or 2 yards?

PS--I didn't put the stats up to prove DD is the better back or even as good--someone asked for the comparison. Taylor is the more proven and better back. Having said that, Taylor has run behind better OL's and it would (hopefully will) be interesting to see what DD would do if the OL came together and he shed his Dingable Davis image as Fragile Fred did his to complete a season with the good OL.

TEXANS84
03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
*Off topic, more like "Jaguars O could get stronger"*

Looks like the Jags are looking at one of our own:

10. Corey Bradford, WR, Houston Texans (6-1, 201)
Bradford is capable of having huge games but never can seem to turn the corner and become a consistent player. It looked like he was ready to make that leap after a strong 2002, but he has strung together back-to-back disappointing seasons. He has great speed and still could develop into a very good No. 2 receiver at the tail end of his career and become a poor man's Muhsin Muhammad.

Interested teams: Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars and San Diego Chargers.

texasguy346
03-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Bradford is a good guy, but he's got stone hands. Good luck to him if he goes to the Jags, but I don't think he'd be that much of an improvement to the Jags O.

Fiddy
03-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Bradford is a good guy, but he's got stone hands. Good luck to him if he goes to the Jags, but I don't think he'd be that much of an improvement to the Jags O.He cant do much worse than the ninth overall pick last year:
Reggie Williams
27 catches for 268 yards (9.9 yards per catch) and 1 TD. :heh:

ledzeppelin229
03-09-2005, 01:46 AM
He cant do much worse than the ninth overall pick last year:
Reggie Williams
27 catches for 268 yards (9.9 yards per catch) and 1 TD. :heh:

Is it just me or is there a "Bust" echo reverberating around the room whenever Reggie Williams is mentioned.

I know it takes some time to judge a player, but if they are going after Bradford they must not have much faith in Reggie as a #2 (atleast not for next season) which is pretty ironic considering how deep the WR group was last season.

THEFUTURE
03-09-2005, 02:01 AM
why go after bradford, they could find a better WR in the draft... bradford will be lucky to be a teams #3... he could go to the niners and be a star tho, haha

texasguy346
03-09-2005, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't call Reggie Williams a bust yet. I think he just got outplayed by Ernest Wilford. Maybe he was just overwhelmed going from the college game to the pro game, but I guess we'll start seeing as he gets more time to get comfortable in the Jags' system. He certainly seems to be a top 10 draft pick who didn't have much of an impact on his team last year though.

Koruptified
03-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I forgot if it was Williams that the article was referring to, but there may have been some little disagreement between the two because Leftwich didn't look in Williams direction very often.

jagualex
03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Believe me There was a trust problem there. I went to every game and saw every away game. Williams is open a lot, it just seems that B-L doesnt have faith in him yet or something....

Koruptified
03-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Believe me There was a trust problem there. I went to every game and saw every away game. Williams is open a lot, it just seems that B-L doesnt have faith in him yet or something....

Which goes to show that if Byron were to throw more to Reggie, he may have been able to get more done,