PDA

View Full Version : Jay Novachek's Wife Found Dead

HoustonFrog
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Man, this guy is a class act. He was always one of my favorites and has done so much since his playing days with youth sports, etc. Prayers to him and his family during this tough time

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4877771

he wife of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek has died, according to a spokesperson with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office on Monday afternoon.

Leanne Novacek, 45, was found dead at 9:05 a.m., according to Linda Anderson, spokesperson for the Tarrant County coroner's office.

At 8:37 a.m., Burleson police and fire departments responded to a report of a death at a residence on Farm to Market Road in Burleson. According to Burleson police department spokesperson Sally Ellertson, police on the scene called the Tarrant County coroner's office, detectives and a victim's assistance coordinator.

The Tarrant County coroner's office said an autopsy would be performed on Tuesday. The police investigation is ongoing.

WWJD
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
One of my very favorite players as well and a very nice guy.

I'm just so sorry for him.

HoustonFrog
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
One of my very favorite players as well and a very nice guy.

I'm just so sorry for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/01/report-novaceks-wife-passes-away/?related=1

The cause of death is unknown, but at 8:05 a.m. Monday Burleson police and fire departments responded to "a report of medical emergency, possibly suicide" at the couple's residence. The body was found in the bedroom.

How horrible

Double Barrel
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
How sad. :(

While I've never been a Cowboys fan, I have tremendous respect for individual players. Novacheck was always a great player to watch, and from what I have seen, he's been an outsanding citizen. I hate to hear this. 45 is way too young.

infantrycak
02-01-2010, 05:12 PM
What a shame. And Novacek should be in the HOF.

WWJD
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Just ask Troy Aikman what a great player Jay was....

Texan_Bill
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Whoa!!! Truly sad... My thoughts and prayers go out to Jay and the entire Novachek's family.

Carr Bombed
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Jay Novacek used to be one of my favorite players in the NFL (yes even though he played for the Cowboys)

My prayers go out to him.

CloakNNNdagger
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Jay Novacek used to be one of my favorite players in the NFL (yes even though he played for the Cowboys)My prayers go out to him.

Likewise. an exciting and classy Cowboy.

CloakNNNdagger
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Evidently, a single self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Carr Bombed
02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Evidently, a single self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Wow, That's actually rare for a women.

Showtime100
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Damn, really so sad. My heart goes out to Jay and his family. I lost an Aunt not too long ago the same way. I'm kind of speechless.

CloakNNNdagger
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Police Confirm Jay Novacek's Wife LeAnne Novacek Commited Suicide (http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/police-confirm-jay-novaceks-wife-leanne-novacek-commited-suicide-2568407.html)

Yesterday, it was reported that Jay Novacek's wife LeAnne Novacek was found dead in her mother's house in Burleson, Texas. Forty-five-year-old LeAnne Novacek was found dead early morning. The cause of death was not immediately known, but today it has been confirmed that LeAnne Novacek's death was a case of suicide. It is believed that LeAnne Novacek died of a self-imposed gunshot wound.

It is not clear if a death note has been left, or if Jay Novacek was in the same house at the time of his wife's death. Police are saying they do not suspect any foul play. The Novaceks were known as a happy family that participated in community life. The family has not spoken out about LeAnne Novacek's death yet.