PDA

View Full Version : Schaub to AJ... best tandem in the NFL today?

TheRealJoker
01-31-2010, 06:39 PM
They make it look easy even against the NFL's best as evidenced just moments ago in the pro bowl. AJ/Schaub made Asante Samuel look foolish :)

GP
01-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Hold up a second.

1. There is no blitzing, per Pro Bowl rules.

2. Those defenses' d-lines are not trying to smack the QB--Even Mario Williams and another guy (on separate plays) pulled up and refused to jack up Aaron Rodgers when they clearly could have if it were a real game.

3. Somehow, I don't think Asante Samuel was really asserting himself on that play. Did he stare at the QB? Yes. Did he see the pump fake? Yep. But once he saw the pump fake, and he knew it was Andre Johnson, he's not going to try and recover and break it up. He would rather jog away and not lose face over it.

It was a pretty play. Schaub didn't throw it into the stands, so props to keeping his composure together on that easy play.

TheRealJoker
01-31-2010, 08:08 PM
SHHHHH... that's a secret!!!

Big Lou
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Either way they are pretty damn good IMO!!!!!!

False Start
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Either way they are pretty damn good IMO!!!!!!

Yes they are! :fans:

Bronco Texan II
01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Hold up a second.

2. Those defenses' d-lines are not trying to smack the QB--Even Mario Williams and another guy (on separate plays) pulled up and refused to jack up Aaron Rodgers when they clearly could have if it were a real game.

3. Somehow, I don't think Asante Samuel was really asserting himself on that play. Did he stare at the QB? Yes. Did he see the pump fake? Yep. But once he saw the pump fake, and he knew it was Andre Johnson, he's not going to try and recover and break it up. He would rather jog away and not lose face over it.

It was a pretty play. Schaub didn't throw it into the stands, so props to keeping his composure together on that easy play.

What does that say about VY....lol :bender:

GP
01-31-2010, 10:05 PM
What does that say about VY....lol :bender:

LOL!!!

Eggzactly!

GuerillaBlack
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Hold up a second.

They were doing it in the season, too...

Norg
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Manning - Garcon is getting pretty scary these days has well

Manning -CLark straight smoked us

GP
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
They were doing it in the season, too...

Not sure to which statement(s) you were referring to.

Schaub and AJ were doing that in the season, too? Is that right?

Yeah, but the time Schaub had to throw tonight, and how defenses were playing us during the regular season was nothing like what we saw tonight. It kinda' made those two guys look like Manning-Harrison in their prime.

Of course, maybe that's their future starting next season. Would be fine by me!

Dr2bKay
01-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I just got back to the hotel from the game and I agree. Our guys made it seem easy. During the game Matt was doing passing to Chad, Chris, and Brandon and I kept wondering what if.....We have the AJ piece locked in...,we need another...imo

Scooter
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Not sure to which statement(s) you were referring to.

Schaub and AJ were doing that in the season, too? Is that right?

Yeah, but the time Schaub had to throw tonight, and how defenses were playing us during the regular season was nothing like what we saw tonight. It kinda' made those two guys look like Manning-Harrison in their prime.

Of course, maybe that's their future starting next season. Would be fine by me!

if i heard them correctly, schaub and andre are the only tandem since favre/freeman to both lead the league in yards. shouldnt that be "made those two guys look like Schaub-Johnson in their prime"?

GP
01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
if i heard them correctly, schaub and andre are the only tandem since favre/freeman to both lead the league in yards. shouldnt that be "made those two guys look like Schaub-Johnson in their prime"?

I find no joy in statistical randomness like that.

I'm a Wins-Loss guy. Trent Dilfer is a worse QB than Schaub, but Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. If Schaub and AJ bring at least one ring to this franchise, then I will revel in the stats they make with each other (or individually).

Otherwise, like I have said in other threads, Andre Johnson will become the Barry Sanders of wide receivers--He will be stuck on a team who couldn't capitalize off of his genius as a talented ball player.

I know that's harsh, but that's how I look at it. As a teenager, the Oilers-Bills debacle seared it into my spirit. Warren Moon and his weapons for WRs could rack up the stats and the wins, but they choked when it counted the most. I want a Super Bowl title. I got my Rockets title, and an extra one on top, and now I want a Texans and an Astros set of titles. Badly.

Then I'm done. Everything else those three teams accomplish after that is gravy for this sports fan. 1 team down, two to go.

PHAROAH
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
They are two of the best QB/WR combinations in the entire league hands down.

BIG TORO
02-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Yea they did make it look easy!

pbat488
02-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I won't disagree with AJ being the top reciever, but I don't think they're at the level of Brady/Moss yet.

When those two are on... yikes. Unstoppable.

DeMarCushPoll
02-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I won't disagree with AJ being the top reciever, but I don't think they're at the level of Brady/Moss yet.

I heard Moss is a slouch

D-Frank
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I heard Moss is a slouch

it came from darelle revis.....i mean who is he? its not like he is a top 2 cb or nothing......sarrrrrcasm

if DARELLE said it, then believe it.went up against him twice this year. lol @ oh boy^ who said brady and moss are the best tandum. specially when you got wes welker opposite side to take away double coverage

Texecutioner
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM

Exactly. Tom Brady and Moss would still be higher in my eyes. The last season that they played together before this season they both broke records together. This season Moss had the most TD's of any WR if I'm not mistaken. AJ is a better all around WR to me than Moss though. I think AJ is the best WR in the league along with Fitzgerald. You could take any decent QB and as long as they've got pretty good protection and AJ and Fitz are both getting at least 1,400 yards so I wouldn't call them "the best tandem".

Manning to Reggie Wayne's been great for practically an entire decade now and won a SB together and might win their 2nd one together now, so with that being a fact for much longer and having great numbers from year to year I'd say as a tandem they're easily over AJ and Schaub. I wouldn't put any tandem over Manning and Wayne simply because of the longevity of their success together through wins and through statistics. Matt Scaub and Andre Johnson have only had one great season together where both of them played all 16 games as well, so I don't think they would even make the top 3 as far as a tandem with only having one full season together.

DeMarCushPoll
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Exactly. Tom Brady and Moss would still be higher in my eyes. The last season that they played together before this season they both broke records together. This season Moss had the most TD's of any WR if I'm not mistaken. AJ is a better all around WR to me than Moss though. I think AJ is the best WR in the league along with Fitzgerald. You could take any decent QB and as long as they've got pretty good protection and AJ and Fitz are both getting at least 1,400 yards so I wouldn't call them "the best tandem".

Manning to Reggie Wayne's been great for practically an entire decade now and won a SB together and might win their 2nd one together now, so with that being a fact for much longer and having great numbers from year to year I'd say as a tandem they're easily over AJ and Schaub. I wouldn't put any tandem over Manning and Wayne simply because of the longevity of their success together through wins and through statistics. Matt Scaub and Andre Johnson have only had one great season together where both of them played all 16 games as well, so I don't think they would even make the top 3 as far as a tandem with only having one full season together.

To this point Brady and Moss have better numbers because they've played together much longer. Before it's said and done though, I think Schaub to AJ could prove to be one of the best tandems. They've only had one full season together.

Texecutioner
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
To this point Brady and Moss have better numbers because they've played together much longer. Before it's said and done though, I think Schaub to AJ could prove to be one of the best tandems. They've only had one full season together.

They've played about the same. Schaub has been here just as long as Moss has played for the Patriots. Brady missed the entire season last year, so that's only two full seasons that Moss and Brady got to play with one another and the first season they played together they both combined to have the best season of all time for as far as a duo from a QB to a WR because they both broke the passing TD record and the TD record for WR's. That was in their first season together with no prior chemistry at all. Schaub's been playing with AJ for 3 seasons now. In his first two he was hurt off and on and AJ got hurt as well and this year they both played the full season, but they had quite a few games with one another prior to this season where they were both healthy all year long.

I think Schaub and AJ will be a very good duo for years to come though. One full season of that is to early to call them the best duo in the league currently when guys like Manning and Wayne have been doing this for an entire decade.

DeMarCushPoll
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
They've played about the same. Schaub has been here just as long as Moss has played for the Patriots. Brady missed the entire season last year, so that's only two full seasons that Moss and Brady got to play with one another and the first season they played together they both combined to have the best season of all time for as far as a duo from a QB to a WR because they both broke the passing TD record and the TD record for WR's. That was in their first season together with no prior chemistry at all. Schaub's been playing with AJ for 3 seasons now. In his first two he was hurt off and on and AJ got hurt as well and this year they both played the full season, but they had quite a few games with one another prior to this season where they were both healthy all year long.

I think Schaub and AJ will be a very good duo for years to come though. One full season of that is to early to call them the best duo in the league currently when guys like Manning and Wayne have been doing this for an entire decade.

Yeah you're right, for some reason I was thinking Bardy and Moss had been together longer.

b0ng
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
They make it look easy even against the NFL's best as evidenced just moments ago in the pro bowl. AJ/Schaub made Asante Samuel look foolish :)

Manning2Wayne

Ole Miss Texan
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I give Manning-Wayne the nod. Strictly because Manning is one of the best QB's of all time and he can make ANY wr look great. He makes the tandem.

I love having Schaub and Andre, I think they're incredible. The fact that we could even have this arguement. Manning, Brady, Schaub makes me happy. I'm fine to be in that company even if the tandem comes out #3.

And it wasn't just the Pro Bowl, they look that good consistently during the regular season. That are so fun to watch together. :texflag: