PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Watch: Matt Schaub

Wolf
01-28-2010, 10:53 PM
In previous seasons, Matt Schaub's misfortunes have been related to cheap hits and injuries no one would have played through.

This season he encountered a different kind. First, the Texans' inability to get the last AFC playoff slot, when it was in range.

Second, to produce a career season that coincided with Peyton Manning's fourth MVP year and Chris Johnson's 2,000-yard season.

When you throw for a league-high 4,770 yards and don't get considered for offensive player of the year because of what players in your own division have done, that's a little tough.

It was the sixth-best passing yardage season in league history. Remember when Daunte Culpepper went crazy in 2004? He was a giant story. Schaub's year was better than that, and also topped Dan Marino's second-best year

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/17286/pro-bowl-watch-matt-schaub

DeMarCushPoll
01-29-2010, 07:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/17286/pro-bowl-watch-matt-schaub

I think much more would have been made of it had the Texans made the playoffs.

HuttoKarl
01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
"topped Dan Marino's second-best year"

Wow...that's nice company.

Hopefully Matt will actually get us a Championship though.

TEXANS84
01-29-2010, 09:06 AM
If anyone has a chance, watch Schaub mic'd up at yesterdays practice.

Pretty interesting conversation at the 19:00 mark when he's talking to Antonio Gates and David Garrard about the wording of San Diegos offense and how they have to bark out every order for the play call, instead of just a particular area.

Texan_Bill
01-29-2010, 09:17 AM
If anyone has a chance, watch Schaub mic'd up at yesterdays practice.

Pretty interesting conversation at the 19:00 mark when he's talking to Antonio Gates and David Garrard about the wording of San Diegos offense and how they have to bark out every order for the play call, instead of just a particular area.

Your avatar still sucks.

HuttoKarl
01-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Your avatar still sucks.

I wish I could replace that guy in there with a picture of me in the same location! My wife and I visited Turks and Caicos and I've wanted to go back ever since we hit the plane back to Atlanta.

barrett
01-29-2010, 09:39 AM
If you click on his article on HT.com there is some raw footage of him mic'd up right now. I'm sure it will get edited down but at the moment it's cool to see him talking football. More access than we are usually afforded.