PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to point out that.....

El Tejano
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
The rookie coach and QB did the same thing the Texans do when they play The Colts. Noone is talking about this great former DCoordinator and the rookie QB doing a great job. Instead, what we see two weeks a season just happened.

TimeKiller
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Except they (the Jets, right?) did it (we're talking about losing to the Colts I believe) in the playoffs.

Goodnight.

ATXtexanfan
01-25-2010, 06:56 PM
The rookie coach and QB did the same thing the Texans do when they play The Colts. Noone is talking about this great former DCoordinator and the rookie QB doing a great job. Instead, what we see two weeks a season just happened.

thought the same thing. oh well.

GNR87
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM

When we got down 17 to 6...against that defense I was sweating some admittedly. Earlier in Peyton's career he might have collapsed but he has grown into the position. Texans have had several near misses with us. We don't take you guys for granted. We know it'll be a game. It seems like something always goes our way in the end. Texan fans are like the Colt fans used to be. We suffered and eventually presevered. Many years of what if.... Keep your heads up and one day you will be rewarded.

HuttoKarl
01-26-2010, 09:39 AM
When we got down 17 to 6...against that defense I was sweating some admittedly. Earlier in Peyton's career he might have collapsed but he has grown into the position. Texans have had several near misses with us. We don't take you guys for granted. We know it'll be a game. It seems like something always goes our way in the end. Texan fans are like the Colt fans used to be. We suffered and eventually presevered. Many years of what if.... Keep your heads up and one day you will be rewarded.

I know most of us can't stand the "close but no cigar" thing we've experienced with the Colts, but I know that one of these days those games and calls and lucky bounces will go our way and those close losses will turn into close wins. Life runs in cycles and right now, the Colts are on top.

BigBull17
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM

I was on the "Peyton is overrated" bandwagon. Not anymore. He is the best football player I've seen in the modern era. He was unbelievable Sunday. He is teir one, with no one in his class. Congrats and good luck.

eriadoc
01-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I was on the "Peyton is overrated" bandwagon. Not anymore. He is the best football player I've seen in the modern era. He was unbelievable Sunday. He is teir one, with no one in his class. Congrats and good luck.

When Drew Brees wins the SB this year, I'm putting him in that tier. Brees has been the most prolific QB over the past four seasons, has been in two NFC championship games, and is now in the SB.

BigBull17
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
When Drew Brees wins the SB this year, I'm putting him in that tier. Brees has been the most prolific QB over the past four seasons, has been in two NFC championship games, and is now in the SB.

I don't see any real way the Saints win that game. They have had a great year, but I think they'll stumble.

Texecutioner
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Guys can put Manning and Brees up there on the pedastool all they want for this season and I agree with them, but Aaron Rodgers has had just as good of a season if not better than both this year.

BigBull17
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Guys can put Manning and Brees up there on the pedastool all they want for this season and I agree with them, but Aaron Rodgers has had just as good of a season if not better than both this year.

No dount. He is the real deal.

houstonspartan
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Last year, when the Texans played Green Bay up there, I went to the game. I talked with several Green Bay fans who were ringing their hands about no long having Brett Favre. I told them point blank that they should relax, because Aaron Rogers is the real deal, and the future of that franchise.

I really think Green Bay's management got it right by dumping Favre. They had to move on and plan for the future.

HoustonFrog
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Well except it was in the playoffs and it was still with a rookie coach and QB...not guys with years under their belt that play that team twice a year, every year. Just saying :)

Except they (the Jets, right?) did it (we're talking about losing to the Colts I believe) in the playoffs.

Goodnight.

Got it right out of the gate

El Tejano
01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
And they would've lost in the regular season too if Indy didn't back out of the 3rd quarter.

DexmanC
01-27-2010, 07:15 PM
And they would've lost in the regular season too if Indy didn't back out of the 3rd quarter.

....could've
....should've

...but DIDN'T!

Silver Oak
01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't see any real way the Saints win that game. They have had a great year, but I think they'll stumble.

this.
AFC will re-affirm its dominance.

thunderkyss
01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I know most of us can't stand the "close but no cigar" thing we've experienced with the Colts, but I know that one of these days those games and calls and lucky bounces will go our way and those close losses will turn into close wins. Life runs in cycles and right now, the Colts are on top.

As bad as I feel, when we lose those close ones, I have no doubt that we are becoming a better team, because we are playing one of the best teams in the league twice a year.

GNR87
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM

We've had a lot of close games that is for sure. The tribulations you are going through now will make the success sweeter later on when you get there. Eventually the tables always turn.

GNR87
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks Big Bull! I think this year might be his best as far as leadership is concerned. He has earned everything he has despite a lot of critics along the way. Hell he converted a rabid basketball loving state into loyal Colts fans....believe me that is an amazing feat!

I keep thinking back to 1998.....it was Manning or Ryan Leaf for the Colts to draft. All the football "guru's" said it was a no brainer that Leaf was the more durable QB. They called it the biggest mistake ever for them to go with Manning over Leaf. Leaf was out of football in two years. I keep thinking THANK GOD they went with Manning.

GNR87
01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Last year, when the Texans played Green Bay up there, I went to the game. I talked with several Green Bay fans who were ringing their hands about no long having Brett Favre. I told them point blank that they should relax, because Aaron Rogers is the real deal, and the future of that franchise.

I really think Green Bay's management got it right by dumping Favre. They had to move on and plan for the future.

I became a Favre hater just by the way he treated the Packers organization. The I might retire, but maybe not....I'll let you know later BS. You are right Rogers is the real deal. Rogers was the future and Brett couldn't make up his freaking mind on playing or not. An organization can't just wait on the whims of a star player to decide what to do for its future.

GP
01-27-2010, 10:44 PM
As bad as I feel, when we lose those close ones, I have no doubt that we are becoming a better team, because we are playing one of the best teams in the league twice a year.

So when I get my ass kicked by a few ninjas in a dark alley, I will become a better fighter some day? LOL. :specnatz:

Somehow I don't think it's that elementary, TK.

But I like the positive attitude. You'd be a cool dude to hang out with. Very chill.

DexmanC
01-28-2010, 08:36 AM
So when I get my ass kicked by a few ninjas in a dark alley, I will become a better fighter some day? LOL. :specnatz:

But I like the positive attitude. You'd be a cool dude to hang out with. Very chill.

Exactly. We lose to the Jags, Colts, and Titans on the REGULAR, so it makes
us better! We're 20-8 against everybody NOT in the AFC South over the last
couple years, so here comes a Championship!

badboy
01-28-2010, 12:26 PM

But I like the positive attitude. You'd be a cool dude to hang out with. Very chill.GP, you just need a better Oline in front of you.

thunderkyss
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Exactly. We lose to the Jags, Colts, and Titans on the REGULAR, so it makes
us better! We're 20-8 against everybody NOT in the AFC South over the last
couple years, so here comes a Championship!

That's exactly my point. We've seen many teams, especially in college football, that builds a great W-L record against bad teams, then look like they don't belong on the same field with the good teams.

We may have got our buts whipped by the Colts over the last 8 years. But the last 2 years, we look like we belonged.

I know that isn't the same as winning a Super Bowl, going 12-4, or worth celebrating in any manner, so don't think I'm getting all giddy about that fact.

20-8 against the rest of the league is pretty good. How many other teams can say they are 20-8 outside their division over the same period?