PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIV: New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Pages : [1] 2

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 10:33 PM
http://cheap-super-bowl-tickets.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sbxliv.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/New_Orleans_Saints_helmet_rightface.png

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Indianapolis_Colts_helmet_rightface.png

from beautiful Miami, Florida (February 7, 2010)!

After all the mess the Saints and City of New Orleans went through since 2005! They are clearly the underdog in this game. Will Sean Payton call this game with his hands stuck up his ass like he did against the Vikings? Will Reggie Bush be having too much fun with Kim Kardassian?

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/reggie-bush-and-kim-kardashian.jpg

We'll find out soon. In the meantime:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/breesus.gif

As for the Colts, they could have went 18-0 and be playing this game for the undefeated season. Instead, manangement just wanted to one-up the Patriots on the regular season record. People knocked them for weeks, but it doesn't matter know. Colts are in the big game. Will Manning's big forehead help the Colts win the game (Saints have some nice defensive schemes)? We'll see in two weeks!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CiQ4o4_mEkk/StgIy3bV3mI/AAAAAAAABBM/j7u4aUyNwf8/s400/peyton+manning2.jpg

My prediction? Saints win it 35-28.

Khari
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
go saints.......

kastofsna
01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
go lots and lots of yards and touchdowns

Thorn
01-24-2010, 10:39 PM
go lots and lots of yards and touchdowns

Watch the final score end up being 10-7. LOL

gwallaia
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
I expect the Colts to be favored in this game.

brakos82
01-24-2010, 10:54 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/breesus.gif

stingray
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Your logos are a bit too harsh.. should have gone with something like this...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/L2HPB9ZCFMVZSTQBEPVC_L2.jpg VS......... http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb167/ray9175/new-orleans-saints-logo-1.jpg

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm good...

Hopefully Sean Payton opens up the playbook. They played conservative against the Vikings. Should be a good game. Can a mod add a poll to the thread?

Goldensilence
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm good...

Hopefully Sean Payton opens up the playbook. They played conservative against the Vikings. Should be a good game. Can a mod add a poll to the thread?

Agreed. I thought Payton called a curious game against a team that had an injury or two to the secondary. He is going to have to open it up if he wants to keep up with Manning and the Colts.

I have a feeling this Super Bowl is going to be epic.

Khari
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Can a mod add a poll to the thread?

only if the saints win

TexanSam
01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Colts are 4 point favorites right now

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/24/superbowl.odds.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

stingray
01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
A #1 seed against a #1 seed... It's been a while since this has happened..

Hagar
01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
New Orleans has suffered soooo long with the Saints, it'd be nice to see them win. I don't think they'll win, but that's who I'm rooting for.

Go Saints

GuerillaBlack
01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/favrehands1.jpg
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/deannapalm.jpg

I am satisfied.

Carr Bombed
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/deannapalm.jpg

I am satisfied.

Thank you for my new "facepalm" pic.

GuerillaBlack
01-25-2010, 12:44 AM
What a random ass time to be eating some yogurt.

devo-x
01-25-2010, 12:59 AM
I have to support the Colts this time (AFC Champions) winning by 3 points over the Saints

mattieuk
01-25-2010, 02:09 AM
The Colts will win. But I'm rooting for the Saints.

Disappointed with the prospect of the game however. I think the Jets against the Saints or Packers would have been entertaining.

machineo
01-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Go Saints. Caldwell must suffer for resting starters!

texdawg
01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
My heart wants the Saints to win, but 9 out of 10 of those voices in my head tell me the Colts will win.

Silver Oak
01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
If only they could rebuild their storm dikes as fast as their football team.

Peyton wins his second SB.

GuerillaBlack
01-25-2010, 08:36 AM
The Colts will win. But I'm rooting for the Saints.

Disappointed with the prospect of the game however. I think the Jets against the Saints or Packers would have been entertaining.

I'm pretty sure this game is going to be the best Super Bowl since 2000. Can't wait to see these offenses go to work in two weeks.

If only they could rebuild their storm dikes as fast as their football team.

Peyton wins his second SB.

I guess this is suppose to be a joke.

Silver Oak
01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure this game is going to be the best Super Bowl since 2000. Can't wait to see these offenses go to work in two weeks.

I guess this is suppose to be a joke.

just a statement as to how fast Peyton got that team to the SB when I thought they would be floundering, and the ongoing efforts to safeguard the city from the next storm.

you're much too sensitive GB, or you're too critical of my posts.

WWJD
01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I voted Colts.

The Peyton factor.

Goldensilence
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
just a statement as to how fast Peyton got that team to the SB when I thought they would be floundering, and the ongoing efforts to safeguard the city from the next storm.

No I just think it was a shitty thing to say. Wish I could say I was surprised.

Dread-Head
01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Sorry. You don't BLINDSIDE a QB at the knees after he's CLEARLY released the football. That equals bad karma for your own offense. If you have a horseshoe on your helmet and the guys with that cute little fleur de le try to do the same thing to Manning that they got away with on Favre...it's gonna be ugly. As much as I don't like the Colts I'm pullin' for them in this one. I want to see the Manning brother who SHOULD have the fat contract surpass his dad yet again by beating his old team.

kastofsna
01-25-2010, 11:30 AM
karma doesn't exist, certainly not in sports

Dread-Head
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
karma doesn't exist, certainly not in sports

So I IMAGINED Barry Bonds being treated like a pariah because of breaking "Hammering" Hank Aaron's home run record with the help of HGH or the malestrom that McQuire is getting right now because he's admittig to steroid use? NO KARMA? I respectfully disagree.

infantrycak
01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Sorry. You don't BLINDSIDE a QB at the knees after he's CLEARLY released the football.

Maybe not throwing the flag there was payback for the earlier flag when the guy was already in the air when Favre threw and the just barely put a hand on the out of bounds player flag.

Thorn
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm fairly conflicted about the game. I'm not exactly sure who I support as of yet.

I like Indy because Manning is one of the greatest QBs of all time and deserves his day in the sun. I dislike Indy because they are a division rival and I would love it if they got their butts kicked.

I like the Saints just because of who they are, and it's their first time there. I disklike the Saints because of Reggie Flying Bush.

But I have to say it's not going to take up a lot of space in my mind thinking on this. I don't care who wins because neither team is the Texans.

SheTexan
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I voted Saints. The NFL and the refs will make sure of it!!

BUT, I'll be pulling for the COLTS, which will be a waste of time. THink I'll just go to the beach!

OzzO
01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Go Colts! As it's now been proven it doesn't take 8 years to turn a team around and make the playoffs (let alone the superbowl) regardless of what external effects happen.

Mr. White
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm rooting for the Saints, but I expect the Colts to win this one.

Maybe Peyton will retire if the Colts win it. One can always wish.

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the Colts have beaten the Texans three times this year: twice head to head and once when they rolled over for the Jets.

OzzO
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
...Maybe Peyton will retire if the Colts win it. One can always wish.

How mortal would the Colts become when Peyton heads out the door....

(fades into daydreaming)

ziggy29
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Not only that, but how exactly is Indianapolis in the "South" division, anyway?

Makes almost as little sense as Dallas being in the NFC East, or Atlanta being in the NFC West for so many years before expansion and realignment.

toronto
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM
The Saints were the only team in the playoffs I didn't hate when we started, and in an effort to deny Peyton the 'greatest ever' tag, I will be a huge Saints fan in 2 weeks.

Blake
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Im rooting for the Colts simply because I dont want to hear Saints fans talk about Reggie Bush and his 41 yards of total offense, 1TD catch and one fumble lost, and how that got them to the superbowl so they could win...

Seriously, dude had 8 rushing yards on 7 carries.

Double Barrel
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm rooting for the Saints, but I predict the Colts to win.

Speedy
01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I can't root for an AFC South rival of the Texans ever. With the exception of it benefitting the Texans i.e. needing them to win to help regarding playoffs, etc.

I do think the Colts will win, but I'll be rooting my ass off for the Saints.

HoustonFrog
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Rooting for Saints and think the Saints win. The Colts secondary blows. Saints take them in a shootout.

GuerillaBlack
01-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Haha, nice one. Go pull up some examples.

WWJD
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Should be an interesting game and a good one. The media will focus on the "business as usual" mantra that is the Colts vs the drama of the Saints making it after all these years.

I really wish they wouldn't talk about Katrina and all that but they will ad nauseum. I think I'll skip all the pre game blowhard media reports and just watch the game. Some of it anyway.

I think the Colts take it...Peyton being the difference maker. He handled the Jets D. He can do the same with the Saints.

RazorOye
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
I voted Saints. The NFL and the refs will make sure of it!!

I could only hope....

but I've seen this accusation thrown around pretty liberally and it's pretty much bullshit

as a Saints fan, I found plenty to complain about.

They got flagged five times while we got 9 flags thrown at us for 50+ more yards - 2 of them were protecting Favre and were terrible calls. The McCray shot at his knees should've been. The Hargrove one was garbage as was the one where McCray took Favre out when he was clearly squaring up to lay a block. Though there was some confusion on who the penalty was one - was it a bad penalty on Favre who was blocking or a ticky tack hit-out-of-bounds - they called McCray's number and he was the one who hit Favre.

If they wanted the Saints to win, the penalty discrepancy would not have been so pronounced. They would've given Reggie a TD without forcing Payton use a challenge. They don't call PI on Porter in the end zone. They call holding for the OLine mugging that was going on all game. Etc.

It was a pretty poorly officiated game for both teams.

As for this conspiracy theory? What does the NFL stand to gain? Seems to me most people wanted Favre/Manning badly. Higher ratings. More people watching. More interest. Etc....

Personally, I do agree with a lot of people that the Katrina-related reportage can get old and tiresome and, at times, can be unrelated. As a result, people will speculate that the NFL wants a title for this hurricane-ravaged region.

My counter to that would be that if there's one thing that I see more coverage of and comments about - its Brett Favre. If there's one NFL story that trumps Saints/Katrina, it's Brett Favre. If there's one storyline the media would be more obsessed with going into the Super Bowl, it's Brett Favre. If there's one story most deserving of a quick and painful death, imo, it's Brett Favre's. Perhaps the tin foil hat wouldn't appear as tight if the story opposite this nonsensical Saints conspiracy was the story that won't die. Ever.

Like I said, I think it's a pretty baseless charge and always seems to be the last argument in the defense of an argument that's poor to begin with.

I am not going to say the Saints didn't benefit from bad calls.

But so did the Vikes - led to two TDs for them.

Bad officiating. Both sides. There is no conspiracy.

If it benefited the Saints, I'd take it - and wouldn't apologize or feel bad.

Hell, I wish you were right.

Giant Tiger
01-25-2010, 09:20 PM
My heart wants the Saints to win, but 9 out of 10 of those voices in my head tell me the Colts will win.

Same here. The Saints hit repeatedly hit Favre Sunday, but they won't touch Manning in the SB.

GuerillaBlack
01-26-2010, 12:37 PM
People act like the New Orleans defense didn't cause those turnovers though. The Saints offense couldn't capitalize on them. Also, the Colts defense has not played an offense as good as the Saints' this playoffs (Ravens and Jets? Nah). The Saints defense has (Cardinals and Vikings? Yep). Should be a good game. I think people are overrating Indy's defense actually.

RazorOye
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
People act like the New Orleans defense didn't cause those turnovers though.

it's the easy man's and lazy fan's out - the Saints defense did what it did ALL season - gave up yards, but fought for turnover opportunities

The Saints do not have world beaters up front. Ellis is phenomenal as a second year tackle up front - but he's been hobbled a fair bit. The other DTs are journeymen for a reason - Hargrove has moments, but the rest are just bleh. Will Smith is sporadic and doesn't keep containment. Grant has been decent against the run.

Our LB corps isn't great to begin with and we have no depth. Our OLB are adequate with each having flashes from time to time. Vilma is the heart and mind and soul of that defense in the middle. Love him.

The strength is in our secondary.

Greer is FINALLY getting noticed - a couple of prominent articles make reference to him as a something of a poor man's Revis. The truth is, he's been amazing this year. His closing speed is among the best in the NFL and despite being challenged a lot before he got hurt, he had amazing statistics and performed admirably.

Porter gambles a bit more, but he's been a surprise since his rookie year. Between the two seasons (he's missed a lot of time due to injuries and that's a concern), he's got nearly a full season under his belt and looks good. Sharper and Harper have also been $$$$ this year.

So when Williams comes in, he looks at the personnel and says that with the front 7 we have, we MUST create turnovers because we aren't going to be able to contain a lot of offenses.

So they PRACTICE turnovers.

Did you see Porter's forced fumble? He punched the ball out while Berrian was in the air and had his other hand wrapped. It was a really impressive play. And Smith's forced fumble? He had a good look at the ball in Harvin's hand and made a good play.

Even the offense sees it - Meachem in the Redskins game had that strip and TD after an interception in what I think was one of the most - if not THE most - impressive individual play of the year. He credited Williams for that - for the mentality of turnovers he preaches, the strip tactics and drills practiced every day.

And Greer almost had a third INT - hit him square.

The two interceptions - I read that Vilma called an audible on BOTH of those defensive formations/assignments and people were in position to make a play. And did.

This defense - out of necessity - has to be an opportunistic one because we don't have the personnel of a Ravens or Jets or Vikings defense.

We've done it all year - live by it, die by it.

And yet, people act like they were gifts. Some of them were no doubt mishaps by the Vikings - like the bad handoff. That one I'd call a "gimme" turnover. Well, we had one, too - with Reggie on the muffed punt.

Giving up yards and taking away the ball is how we have to play defense.

And it's entirely possible that if we don't get turnovers against the Colts, it could be very, very, very ugly. No doubt. The game scares me. But so did Warner. And so did Favre.

I like our CBs very much. Our LBs end up matching up against slot receivers or Dallas Clark or a RB out of the backfield - that's worrisome.

But we are in the game - we have a chance. And only a couple of teams can still say that.

Mr teX
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
manning will handle them the same way he handled the jets defense. Initially, williams will be coming & coming hard for manning until they get burned a few times thru the air & with screens & draws. Williams will then back off & at that point, it'll be open season on their secondary who by the way don't have a Revis shutting down 1 side of the field.

The little thought about advantages indy have (outside of manning that is) is that indy's lb's can run and cover a bit which will help them in the long run whereas NO's lb's really can't. That's going to leave lots of complete mismatches on Clark. Also, Indy's edge rushers can generate pressure fairly consistently by themselves (without blitzing, this is not the case with NO) & both of them are speed rushers which won't really allow them to shift protection just 1 way like they did with Minny against Allen. Also, after watching Minny fumbling their season away, U can bet that emphasis in practice for the colts will be on ball security. So i don't anticipate NO getting as many turnovers.

GuerillaBlack
01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
And it's entirely possible that if we don't get turnovers against the Colts, it could be very, very, very ugly. No doubt. The game scares me. But so did Warner. And so did Favre.

I like our CBs very much. Our LBs end up matching up against slot receivers or Dallas Clark or a RB out of the backfield - that's worrisome.

But we are in the game - we have a chance. And only a couple of teams can still say that.

Great post.

And Warner and Favre have something in common. Before playing the Saints, those two were barely touched (during the playoffs at least). When they played them, they were rocked...

Edit: Nice video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohyvHQKqbuU

m5kwatts
01-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I think we should ALL be rooting for the Colts.... why?

So New Orleans and all the bandwagon Saints fans can taste the pain we Texans fans feel twice a year every year recently when facing the Colts. I truly enjoyed the Jets and Ravens getting a taste of this, I had friends who were SO confident going into their games and laughed at me for telling them they'll feel my pain and they all came out giving the Texans credit for the way they've played the Colts in past years even though we haven't beat them. The Texans certainly have given the Colts the most difficulty this year, excluding the two games at the end of the year where the Colts threw in the towel.

So Texans fans SHOULD be rooting for the Colts so others can feel our pain and realize how tough it is to beat Manning.

gary
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I am cheering for the Colts and think they will win but I do like Drew though.

SheTexan
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm pulling for the COLTS because I HATE the Saints!!!!! To me that's reason enough.

Any one on this board remember ELLE?????? She's reason enough to hate the Saints!! THANK YOU VINNY AND MODS for getting her off this board!! I, for one, would not be here if she was still on.

GuerillaBlack
01-26-2010, 08:29 PM
So Texans fans SHOULD be rooting for the Colts so others can feel our pain and realize how tough it is to beat Manning.

What? Why do you want everyone else to feel our pain? We had our chances to beat Manning and the coaching went to crap. When we got the lead. Plus, our kickers missed... I think we'll do it next year, though.

WWJD
01-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't remember anybody named Elle ST..

I think the Colts will win.

m5kwatts
01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
What? Why do you want everyone else to feel our pain? We had our chances to beat Manning and the coaching went to crap. When we got the lead. Plus, our kickers missed... I think we'll do it next year, though.

I think we'll do it next year too, I want other people to feel our pain so it won't hurt as much when I recall our games this year. Its much easier to justify the losses if I can tell myself "eh they won the Super Bowl." Just me?

gary
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Here are some thougts I have on the game. First, the Saints would be such a feel good story if they were to win the SB. They should attack the one Colts weakness their secondary and Drew has both the arm and the wideouts to do just that. N.O. has the 25th ranked D in the league everyone says, their D bends but does not break well, just remember with Manning at the helm it does not take much for him to turning just a bending D into one that breaks as is the case with almost every D he sets his eyes on. He will be the greatest QB of all time by the time he retires IMO. A largely suffering Indy running game should be exsposed by N.O. though there were some good sings being shown in the AFC C.G. Dallas C. and Reggie Wayne have to be slowed down because they just are not going to be stopped for the whole game. Try and slow down both of them ok, that just means more passes thrown to Austin C. and rookie WR P.G. Everything points to an Indy win on paper but this is the NFL where anything might happen on any given Sunday. For me, though I am just hoping for an all out good hard mouth slobber knocker of a football game and I am sure it will be that way no matter who wins at least I hope so. Also, I would not mind seeing Drew win a ring at all. I have said that before I know.

GuerillaBlack
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Townshend, 63, was arrested in England in a 2003 roundup of alleged pedophiles accused of cruising online sites for photos of child sex. Townshend said he was just doing research for a book at the time. He wasn’t convicted of anything but was placed on that country’s list of sexual offenders for five years.

http://www.page2live.com/2010/01/27/residents-schools-near-super-bowl-stadium-asked-to-watch-out-for-the-whos-pete-townshend/?cxtype=rss_news_1620

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2010/01/500x_townshend.jpg

Just because she says she's 18 doesn't mean it's true.

I hope Pete...*puts on sunglasses* won't get fooled again. YEAAAHHH!!!

DBCooper
01-28-2010, 03:11 PM
The Aints ain't winning a Super Bowl.

The Colts defense is good enough to slow the Saints offense. Thier offense (Saints) had alot of help from Lady Luck this year.

If they blitz Manning like they did Favre, he will slice and dice.

GuerillaBlack
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
The Aints ain't winning a Super Bowl.

The Colts defense is good enough to slow the Saints offense. Thier offense (Saints) had alot of help from Lady Luck this year.

If they blitz Manning like they did Favre, he will slice and dice.

I don't think the Colts defense is good enough to stop the Saints defense. In the playoffs, they only had to play teams with strong running games and suspect passing games. They could load up in the box and not be hurt. They load the box against the Saints and Drew Brees will light them up. This will be the most balanced offense that the Colts defense has faced all season.

The Saints defense has had to play tough offenses in Arizona and Minnesota.

gary
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't think the Colts defense is good enough to stop the Saints defense. In the playoffs, they only had to play teams with strong running games and suspect passing games. They could load up in the box and not be hurt. They load the box against the Saints and Drew Brees will light them up. This will be the most balanced offense that the Colts defense has faced all season.

The Saints defense has had to play tough offenses in Arizona and Minnesota.iI think there might be a shoot out between the Colts bad secondary and having Manning as your QB.

DBCooper
01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I hope you are wrong.

I like the Saints "punch the qb in the mouth" mentality used against the Cards and Vikes, I just don't see it working on Manning. The DBs of the Saints look a little suspect to me also.

JB
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't think the Colts defense is good enough to stop the Saints defense.

:confused:

brakos82
01-28-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnkLfYk_ff8

GuerillaBlack
01-29-2010, 02:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4867397

This is definitely a game changer. If Freeney is out/not 100%, the Colts will feel his loss tremendously. Especially against a Saints team who held up well against the best D line in the NFL last week.

:confused:

Saints offense.

WWJD
01-29-2010, 09:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4867397

This is definitely a game changer. If Freeney is out/not 100%, the Colts will feel his loss tremendously. Especially against a Saints team who held up well against the best D line in the NFL last week.

Saints offense.

He's always hurt during the season with something or the other and yet always manages to play and usually at a very high level.

RazorOye
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
The DBs of the Saints look a little suspect to me also.

they are the strength of our D

The DLine and LB corps are much more suspect

Porter and Greer make up one of the best CB tandems in the NFL. Greer is finally getting a little bit of notice for his play this year - which has been a welcome surprise. Most Saints fans thought we were getting Jason David 2.0 and were doubtful. He made us believers. Steller corner play.

Porter is a 2nd year player who excels at press coverage - he gambles a bit more than Greer and as the year developed, opposing QBs stopped targeting Greer's side as much. Porter is more vulnerable, but learns quickly and is a strong corner.

Sharper is having a very solid year - he doesn't have the legs and closing speed and can get beaten over the top. But he's smart, savvy, and we've been very pleased with his performance. He has been stronger in run support than we had anticipated.

Harper is a strong safety who is poor at covering anyone more athletic than an eligible tackle. But in run support, he's a very good strong safety.

Our secondary unit features two Pro-Bowlers in Sharper and Harper. And if Greer had been healthy the entire season, I think he'd make it 3. Our LB corps and DLine has 1. While Pro-Bowl recognition isn't necessarily reflective of people who are completely deserving, I use it here to make the point that our LB and DL are weaker, as a defensive unit, than the back end.

When our CBs are healthy, the defense looks different. The passing yards - for people who watch Saints games - are typically products of mismatches, catches over the middle, and poor pressure from our front 7.

That's why Dallas Clark and slot receivers for the Colts scare me much more than whoever Greer is covering out wide.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Manning pass for 300+ yards - he's the game's best. But those numbers aren't solely the secondary's responsibility - and, in most Saints games this year, it's been a product of being beaten across the middle and such. We didn't get beat deep this year nearly as much as last.

Mr teX
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnkLfYk_ff8

This song is reason enough for the saints to lose.....what a train wreck that is.....Both teams can score so basically its' going to come down to which defense plays the best...& i think that's gonna be the colts.

DBCooper
01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the assesment RazorOye.

I was referring to the CBs, didn't the Saints start several CBs this year?

I like the safeties, I have always liked Sharper.

RazorOye
01-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I was referring to the CBs, didn't the Saints start several CBs this year?

we started more than I ever hoped :(

Porter and Greer both missed about half the season - and that's when things got really, really ugly for our D. They were just a completely different unit than the squad that started the year. Williams said from early on that our strength was the secondary and our CBs were the key to the defense. We schemed around them - when Porter and Greer got hurt we were left with little.

Gay is our 3rd CB and nickelback. He's a pretty smart and aware player, but man coverage is not his strength. But then he got hurt.

Jenkins was brutal in coverage much of the time - and anytime he was lined up, opposing QBs were targeting him constantly and he was getting burned with an uncomfortable regularity. I am not sure if he will make it as a CB. But I really love him as a player. He had two game-changing plays on special teams that showed awareness, work ethic, skill - he will be a good player for us I think in the long run. Perhaps not at CB.

But he played hurt as well and has been inactive the last couple of weeks due to injury.

Osama Young has played some at CB - drafted as a CB - but his future is at safety. Very good ST player. Instinctive and smart. Just probably not going to be a CB. But he was forced into coverage duty a few times because of attrition.

Then we had a couple of guys off the street: Mike McKenzie and Chris Macalister. McKenzie played out of his mind against the Pats - but the week after that, you could see a steady decline. He was eventually cut. Macalister met a similar fate, only earlier.

When you have to grab two guys off the street to play at CB, when that position is what the scheme has been built around, you're hurting. And it showed.

Sharper had to help in coverage more - not his strong suit. He played less the free roaming QB-reading safety than he'd like and his INTs went down, in opportunity and number.

With Greer and Porter starting, it transforms our defense. I know it sounds homer-iffic to say that Greer is a Pro Bowl quality corner. But I really think it's true. Peter King (I know, I know...) wrote that "I think Jabari Greer is the poor man's Darrelle Revis (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/24/titlegames/5.html). I will guarantee you that one of the first things Peyton Manning will do this week as he gathers video to watch to prep for the Super Bowl is study Greer, who he hasn't seen very much as a Buffalo corner before leaving for the Saints in free-agency" and called Greer one of the most underrated free agent acquisitions of last offseason.

With both of them healthy and playing, it allows Sharper to provide better support in the middle of the field. It allows Harper to play more run support. It gives the DLine a bit more time to get some push. It typically limits the deep plays.

One of the best ways to beat the defense was what Minny did on the first drive - short passes and routes over the middle of the field at intermediate depth, under the coverage exploiting the mismatches there, targeting receivers streaking down the seams, and forcing Shanle and Fujita to help in the coverage.

Peyton will recognize this, I know that. And he'll probably shred it.

In all honesty, i think the only chance we have is winning a game that is somewhat of a shootout and we manage to get our hands on some turnovers.

DBCooper
01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Great response RazorOye, that really cleared things up for me.

This should be a really interesting game.

N.O.TexanFan
01-30-2010, 11:35 PM
From the heart of the Black and Gold.....Go Saints!!! Let's Get Crunk!! I'm still a Texan fan, but its hard not to get pumped with the Who Dat enthusiasm displayed in NOLA everyday. NOLA is definately a great football fan town.

False Start
01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Neither, I hope its a tie, lol. I cant stand either team. :bat:

GuerillaBlack
02-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Reggie Wayne re-aggravated a knee injury during Friday's practice and left early. He is now listed as "probable" for the Super Bowl.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4891145)

stingray
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Reggie Wayne re-aggravated a knee injury during Friday's practice and left early. He is now listed as "probable" for the Super Bowl.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4891145)

I just read that on yahoo.. They said he will be fine. Man, if the Colts win this they will deserve it. No Bob Sanders, maybe no Freeny and now this..

GuerillaBlack
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Haven't the Colts won the same amount of games with or without Dwight Freeney? The win-loss percentage was almost identical, IIRC.

kiwitexansfan
02-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Haven't the Colts won the same amount of games with or without Dwight Freeney? The win-loss percentage was almost identical, IIRC.

I think Freeney is a psychological weapon as much as anything, the guy backing him up can play pretty good too.

infantrycak
02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
I just read that on yahoo.. They said he will be fine. Man, if the Colts win this they will deserve it. No Bob Sanders, maybe no Freeny and now this..

Bob Sanders essentially hasn't played at all this year so he hasn't been a factor.

Amazingly yes. They are something like 9-3 without him and 92-27 overall while Manning has been QB if the talking heads are correct.

awtysst
02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I cannot cheer for Reggie Bust. Sigh. Go Colts?!

stingray
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Bob Sanders essentially hasn't played at all this year so he hasn't been a factor.

That's kinda my point. The Colts D has playing stout but I think that the D could have been special with him in it, healthy of course. But we really don't know...

Anyway, my point was that the Colts wil be well deserved of a title if they do indeed win.

SheTexan
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
If anyone says "WHO DAT" to me one more time I'll be going to jail!!!:aggressive::cutthroat: I'm starting to believe Saints fans are worst than Cowboy fans! Is that possible??!

N.O.TexanFan
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
If anyone says "WHO DAT" to me one more time I'll be going to jail!!!:aggressive::cutthroat: I'm starting to believe Saints fans are worst than Cowboy fans! Is that possible??!

How do you think I feel! I m in the heart of the Black and Gold nation. Three of the local channels right now are having Saints special broadcasts. But I suppose the fans have a right too be.

But it really is not that bad! I can only imagine how it will be when the TEXANS finally make it to the big game one day. I have been living over here since the storm and is has been pretty cool to see how the Saints fans have been able to watch their team move up the NFL food chain. If there is another team as deserving as the TEXANS and Houston fans, it would be the Saints. The fans here have suffered a long time. As a huge Oiler fan and now a TEXAN fan, we all should understand that.

Brees does a great job of representing Lone Star State football talent as a product of Austin Westlake. He is absolutely loved over here and is a great Texas product.

Go Saints or Geaux Saints!

But by the way, here is the only beat down the Saints really got this year......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TIS8K0Xqk

Thorn
02-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't really care one way or the other about this game. The only thing I don't want to see is the Saints win and Reggie Bush has a good game. We'll never hear the end of it if that happens. If the Saints win and Bush is a non-factor in the game, I guess that'll be OK with me.

I've got half a mind to root for the Colts, but it's just so difficult. LOL

I do think Manning deserves it though. Just like I was rooting for John Elway in the super bowl years ago I could easily find myself rooting for Manning today.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Maybe all those Creole women got together and put a hex on Indianapolis. Manning better have an extra-strength jock strap on tonight, I would hate to see anything fall off while he's scrambling. Those voodoo women are best left alone. :gun:

GuerillaBlack
02-07-2010, 10:23 AM

First time in franchise history that they've been in the Super Bowl. All the crap that's happened to the area of the country since 2005. Let them be happy. When the Saints made it to the Super Bowl, there wasn't one arrest or incident (reported at least) in New Orleans.

I don't really care one way or the other about this game. The only thing I don't want to see is the Saints win and Reggie Bush has a good game. We'll never hear the end of it if that happens. If the Saints win and Bush is a non-factor in the game, I guess that'll be OK with me.

I've got half a mind to root for the Colts, but it's just so difficult. LOL

I do think Manning deserves it though. Just like I was rooting for John Elway in the super bowl years ago I could easily find myself rooting for Manning today.

I don't think it'll be thank big of a deal if he has a big game and they win. People know by now that Mario is a very good player and Bush is not the reason why the Saints are where they are. Maybe if he produced like Chris Johnson (who Bush was suppose to be) over the season, but he didn't.

Silver Oak
02-07-2010, 11:37 AM
the "who dat" stuff is stupid and worn.

can't ever truly root for the Colts...so just an entertaining game is all I'm looking for. hopefully The Who put on a good show at halftime.

:texflag:

GuerillaBlack
02-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Who Dat has been around for a long time in New Orleans. Way before the Saints were even thought of.

Texan4Ever
02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
The Colts have pressure on them for two reasons: if they loose the Super Bowl, Colts fans will say "You should have gone 16-0 at least!" but if they win everyone will say "You could have gone 19-0, why didn't you?"

Aside from that, Peyton Manning is one of the best there is, he will find a way to rally his team and keep the game close. Also, without Freeney the Colts still have a solid defense that should be able to get pressure on Drew Brees.

BTW, no team that has lost to the Bucs in the regular season has gone on to win the Super Bowl just so you know.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Are we going to have a seperate thread for commercials?

False Start
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
DOWN - On March The Saints (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FduXYJc9VA)

A cool song about the Saints. Former Pantera vocalist Philip Anselmo's newer band.

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM

A cool song about the Saints. Former Pantera vocalist Philip Anselmo's newer band.

Man I'm watching Wynton Marsalis and thinking of when I went to NO just weeks before Katrina. Indy has nothing close to a Marsalis. Their airport isn't named after Louis Armstrong.

I am a sucker for Creole culture. I love me some Jazz and Gumbo, and I think New Orleans is the most unique city in America.

False Start
02-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Man I'm watching Wynton Marsalis and thinking of when I went to NO just weeks before Katrina. Indy has nothing close to a Marsalis. Their airport isn't named after Louis Armstrong.

I am a sucker for Creole culture. I love me some Jazz and Gumbo, and I think New Orleans is the most unique city in America.

Yeah, we used to go to NOLA every year for our reunion as a kid. It was nice place to visit, but I would much rather live in Texas. :texflag:

The song, was written and released after Katrina, its about Katrina, and the Saints return to the Superdome afterwards.

All of the band members lost their homestead, and pretty much all of their other stuff.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 06:20 PM
This is the part I hate about the SB. All these stars hatcheting up songs for the PR.

False Start
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
This is the part I hate about the SB. All these stars hatcheting up songs for the PR.

Yeah no noubt. She said "What so proudly we heeled"....... :ok: :fingergun:

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Hall of Famers

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Saints get the ball first

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah no noubt. She said "What so proudly we heeled"....... :ok: :fingergun:

....and I posted before Carrie blew the SPB..lol.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I didn't notice her singing :kitten:

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM

I can't stand people who ad lib the National Anthem.

"And the howowowowowowum owowowowffffff thhhhheeeeee brayayayayayayveeeeee!"

You do a good enough job of ruining your own songs, leave the timeless classics alone.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Peyton rolling down the field

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Peyton rolling down the field

This is the Saints first look at Payton all year. Now they know the ***** that is playing against this Colt offense.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 06:41 PM
wow a false start LOL(kidding)

I was sitting there thinking, the Colts have to lead the league in movement before the snap(heads and hands LOL)

Wolf
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
3-0 Colts

False Start
02-07-2010, 06:47 PM
....and I posted before Carrie blew the SPB..lol.

Youre psychic. :eek:

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
BOOOO

"Are they booing me smithers?"
"No sir, they're saying BOOOOOush"

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
The Saints are playing like its their first Superbowl

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Youre psychic. :eek:

Nah, just wondering if Carrie was going to blow it (as usual). :cool:

It's posts like this where I could use your avatar...lol.

False Start
02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Nah, just wondering if Carrie was going to blow it (as usual). :cool:

It's posts like this where I could use your avatar...lol.

http://www.animatedgif.net/beavisbutthead/cornholio_e0.gif

The Saints need to get their sh!t together..... quick.

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
So much for the idea they weren't going to be able to beat up the Peyton.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Peyton is the master of the audible.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Addai just broker Sharpers ankles

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeaaahhh

mariowillshine15
Peyton is dissecting the Saints into little pieces.

False Start
Damn.........

Goatcheese
Peyton Manning just went all "PEYTON MANNING!" on the Aint's face. :bender:

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I hope this isn't a blowout. Theres nothing worse than a crappy, blowout SB.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm wanting a good game too. Freakin' Peyton.

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm wanting a good game too. Freakin' Peyton.

Yeah him and his damn forehead! :bat:

I altered the Beavis gif. :cool:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/beavis_titanssuck.gif

I just had to add that, because they do indeed suck.

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Bad call, he wasn't even out of bounds when 50 hit him. The refs have never been worse in any sport, than the NFL refs of the 2009 season and playoffs.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
DWIGHT!! Yeah hahaha

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Freeney almost breaks Brees neck.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Peyton wants to kill Garcon. Did you see his face? Blood rage

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Peyton wants to kill Garcon. Did you see his face? Blood rage

He shoulda went Kratos on him :kitten:

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I think the Saints are starting to click. :cool:

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 07:34 PM
That reverse call was pathetic given it's the Colts they are playing. Came back with a good play by Brees though.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Colts with only 3 plays so far in the 2nd quarter

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I think the Saints are starting to click. :cool:

I may have spoke too soon, lol.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Denied!

Brandon420tx
They should have clicked a field goal

False Start
That was dumb as hell. :ok:

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
That was dumb as hell. :ok:

Running it with Mike Bell on 3rd was dumb as hell.

How you run him out there instead of Pierre Thomas is beyond me.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
10-6. Entertaining, IMO. At least it isn't Denver-San Francisco all over again. That game I gave any taker in the bar we were at 25 points and the Broncos. By halftime people were lining up with their/my money in hand looking to settle up. Craziest bet I ever made, but that was the only reason I was entertained.

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
They should have kicked the FG! :cutthroat:

Thorn
02-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Watch the final score end up being 10-7. LOL

For the first half, I almost nailed it. So far my reaction to this super bowl is a big yawn. I expected more from both teams. Maybe we'll get some action in the 2nd half.

False Start
02-07-2010, 07:56 PM
10-6. Entertaining, IMO. At least it isn't Denver-San Francisco all over again. That game I gave any taker in the bar we were at 25 points and the Broncos. By halftime people were lining up with their/my money in hand looking to settle up. Craziest bet I ever made, but that was the only reason I was entertained.

I will always remember that game. My best bud from HS was killed in a car wreck that day..... by a drunk SB partier. :(

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
For the first half, I almost nailed it. So far my reaction to this super bowl is a big yawn. I expected more from both teams. Maybe we'll get some action in the 2nd half.

This game definitely doesn't appeal to all tastes in football. Actually, even as a guy who likes defense it left a little something to be desired.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
I will always remember that game. My best bud from HS was killed in a car wreck that day..... by a drunk SB partier. :(

Damn, that sucks man. I always hate to hear that. I can relate first hand.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
kids around America are going "the who?" who is that?

False Start
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Damn, that sucks man. I always hate to hear that. I can relate first hand.

Thanks J.

There are millions of younger viewers out there right saying "The Who?"

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
kids around America are going "the who?" who is that?

Still beats Janet Jackson's tit. :spin:

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Some young PTA mom is calling all her fellow rookie PTA friends for a boycott of The Who. "Teenage Wasteland!!! Deaf, Dumb, and Blind!!!! I never!!!!"

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Most entertaining Half Time show in awhile

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
They are tons better than some of the crap the NFL has hauled out there in prior years. I always thought The Who rocked.

Kids know the Who these days though. If for nothing else they watch CSI.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
At least they're not lip syncing. These guys are "performing" which is the point of the half time show. Other artists forget that

And I actually like the songs.

Red_Zone
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
This definately beats the heck out of Prince. Townsend can still play that guitar too.

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:13 PM
No, The Who, Thank You!

Khari
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
pft, prince was better

Silver Oak
02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
that was Ringo's son, Zach, playing drums.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Great show. Very impressive. Loved the stage.

I read something that said since they had only six and a half minutes to build and stage and same for tear down they (the NFL) had to hire 600 "roadies."

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Great show. Very impressive. Loved the stage.

I read something that said since they had only six and a half minutes to build and stage and same for tear down they (the NFL) had to hire 600 "roadies."

That would be an awesome job

WWJD
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
This definately beats the heck out of Prince. Townsend can still play that guitar too.

I always loved the Who and saw them decades ago when I was in high school and Keith Moon was still alive. Great show...

I have read that Peter Townsend is almost totally deaf. Yikes.

Thorn
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks The Who should have stayed retired. They are a shadow of their former selves. Still though, as Red Zone said, it beats watching Prince prance around the stage.

Mailman
God Bless The Who!

Pure greatness. Nobody will ever scream like Daltrey.

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks The Who should have stayed retired. They are a shadow of their former selves. Still though, as Red Zone said, it beats watching Prince prance around the stage.

They are getting more than a little long in the tooth. Every time I saw a closeup I cringed. I was just waiting for him to say "I hope I die before I get old."

Don't mean you can't turn up the volume though.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
That was straight out of Madden.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:24 PM
what a gutsy call

Khari
02-07-2010, 08:25 PM
yup, i still don't like the colts

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
TD saints

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
They are getting more than a little long in the tooth. Every time I saw a closeup I cringed. I was just waiting for him to say "I hope I die before I get old."

Yeah the first song ina half, Daltry seemed a little off voice wise and they looked their age...then they started rocking a little better. I love The Who though.

Great onsides kicks. My fave part was how hard they were competing to get the ball. Both teams were scrapping.

Thomas should have taken that 4th down carry...TD baby...yes!

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Noooooooooo

Khari
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
yessssssssss!!

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Sneaky Saints get the onside and score. Peyton must be ready to shoot lasers out his eyes.

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
If Peyton does it twice Im gonna faint

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Highschool coaches should record this game and use it to teach their defenses what happens when you can't tackle.

Red_Zone
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM

At least they can still sing and play unlike a lot of the older bands out there still playing today who've totally lost the vocals and can't play either.

I loved the show.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
That was a perfect pass. Manning will not let them lose this game.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Clean game so far.

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
At least they can still sing and play unlike a lot of the older bands out there still playing today who've totally lost the vocals and can't play either.

I loved the show.

I dig the Who RZ. It sounded great (after some flubs at the beginning). IMO it was the best one since U2. But man they just look ancient. Though I would much rather have old men with talent than hacks like the Jonas Brothers.

For the record I didn't think Prince was awful. Not great, but not the worst.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I haven't seen Addai run this well in a while(or noticed)

Colts TD

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Left trigger, right trigger, B, A Touchdown!

:doot:

Red_Zone
I dig the Who RZ. It sounded great (after some flubs at the beginning). IMO it was the best one since U2. But man they just look ancient. Though I would much rather have old men with talent than hacks like the Jonas Brothers.

For the record I didn't think Prince was awful. Not great, but not the worst.

wahoooooo, touchdown Colts!

Prince was ok, the Who are better for me. Yes they are old and look ancient except the drummer but they still have "IT".

Brandon420tx
I haven't seen Addai run this well in a while

He usually reserves it for us. :strangle:

Red_Zone
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I haven't seen Addai run this well in a while(or noticed)

Colts TD

Watching Addai tonight is bringing back memories of watching Tony Dorsett.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Lol, little Wolf on the e-trade commercial.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
in the "becareful what you wish for" file

I can't wait till the Texans get another crack at Peyton next season

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
and we have a football game

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
17-16 now

Wolf
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
money time

start of the forth

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I think in the end it's gonna be too much Colts, too much Peyton, not enough booze. :mcnugget:

EDIT: I don't know why but I've been spelling it Payton all night. Thanks Freud.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
First D to make a stop wins..lol

False Start
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Kris Brown with the miss! wait.........

Wolf
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
miss field goal by colts
good field position for saints

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
That was a bad decision by the Colts.

Either go for it or pin them deep with a pooch punt Stover doesnt have that range anymore.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Kris Brown with the miss! wait.........

Lol, only the football didn't take that strang "magic bullet" route to the goalpost. :specnatz:

tex-sky
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts. here's why: I think Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and one of the best of all time. But I have Tom Brady fans tell me all the time about how much Brady is better. And the only argument they have to fall back on is that "Peyton Manning can't get it done in the postseason, which is when it counts". If he leads the Colts to a victory, they won't have a leg to stand on

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts. here's why: I think Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and one of the best of all time. But I have Tom Brady fans tell me all the time about how much Brady is better. And the only argument they have to fall back on is that "Peyton Manning can't get it done in the postseason, which is when it counts". If he leads the Colts to a victory, they won't have a leg to stand on

Brady 4 Super Bowls 3 Titles

Manning 2 Super Bowls 1-2 Titles

There is a leg to stand on.

Wolf
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
td Saints

False Start
02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Hell to the yizzeah! :smiliedance:

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
2-point conversion good..and the Saints fans go nuts in the Astrodome! :hides:

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I had a feeling this was coming

False Start
Take that forehead! :jam:

HoustonFrog
Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan B.
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
That faint sound you hear from the East is Bourbon Street lifting off

Khari
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
ha ha screw u colts

False Start
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
That faint sound you hear from the East is Bourbon Street lifting off

Its gonna be on like a pot of neck bones there tonight, if the Saints win.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll be in New Orleans in 2 weekends and they still might be patrying

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Brett Favre would of been proud of that throw.

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Hell yeah! Geaux Saints!

Getting ready to start the text blitz against my obnoxious Colts fan brother-in-law!

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Come on Payton throw that red flag! No catch.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Peyton just pulled a Chris Webber. He didnt want that timeout now they have to onside kick it.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I would like another angle of the interception that wasn't.

Wow. There's hope for us all. The freaking Saints are freaking Champions.

Dan B.
That run on 3rd was a Kubiak call. The onside kick to start the half wasn't.

HoustonFrog
What I said ended up being true...first team to make a stop won..the missed FG and the Saints took control

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Wayne drops it. Saints win. New Orleans will be destroyed in celebration.

Khari
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
ha ha ha colts looooooooooze

Red_Zone
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Well congratulations to the Saints. Great Job!

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
The "smartest men" in the NFL finally get their reward for throwing the last 2 games of the season.

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
ha ha ha colts looooooooooze

Sweeet!

Thorn
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
This didn't seem like a Super Bowl to me for some reason, but just more like a regular football game. I got more exicted during the playoffs watching teams than tonight. Oh well. Football season is officially over with. Next up, free agency.

False Start
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM

:jam: :cool:

I bet the forehead is crying inside......... :heh: :boogie:

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Off to the Puppy Bowl!!!!!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Animals/anger_management.jpg

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
They ought to make Jim Irsay present the trophy.

mariowillshine15
02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Brady> Manning

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Brees>Manning

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Saints board just crashed.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/_lag__by_Link3Kokiri.gif

GNTLEWOLF
Let the Reggie Bush love fest begin!

Thorn
Is there any chance Manning will retire now? LOL

LonerATO
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I bet there are going to be a ton of new "Saint fans" in Houston tomorrow and if I have to hear about Katrina one more time Im going to punch someone.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Wow. Drew Brees' son has a pronounced forehead. You don't suppose.....nah.....couldn't be.... :spy: :D

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I bet there are going to be a ton of new "Saint fans" in Houston tomorrow and if I have to hear about Katrina one more time Im going to punch someone.

I was only a Saints fan for one night. If it had been the Jets playing, I probably would have rooted for them.

My hate list:

1. Cowboys
2. Nashville Hillbillies
3. Horse face and his merry band of Colts

Cannot bring myself to root for those 3 teams ever.

Dread-Head
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Can't and WON'T congratulate them. Can't give them their due. As someone born in Louisiana I SHOULD be happy for them, but I'm not. Sorry. I have mad hateration for the Saints and won't tip my hat to em. I'd sooner call the Dallas Cowboys the greatest team in the history of football and then give ******** to everyone who has EVER played for the Dallas Cowboys.
Every member of the Texans roster should be paying attention. NOW begins the Texan era in the AFC South.

IlliniJen
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Is nothing more satisfying than sad panda Peyton? Aside from a Texans SB win?

Hervoyel
02-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Let the Reggie Bush love fest begin!

In order for it to begin (again) the original one would have had to stop at some point.

I just keep thinking that we've seen the Colts 16 times since 2002 and we still can't seem to figure them out. The Saints saw them once three seasons ago since Sean Payton got there and they study some film, get two weeks to practice, and take them to the woodshed in the second half in what is typically Texans epic-fail time.

I can't quit thinking of the discussions regarding Kubiak and Payton and how they coach in such different divisions (ours is so hard and theirs is so weak) and the idea that if their positions were reversed Kubiak might be having more success and Payton might be having a hard time getting over .500

I keep thinking of that and thinking "Horseshit!"

Congrats Saints, way to show the world how it's done against the Colts.

LonerATO
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
In order for it to begin (again) the original one would have had to stop at some point.

I just keep thinking that we've seen the Colts 16 times since 2002 and we still can't seem to figure them out. The Saints saw them once three seasons ago since Sean Payton got there and they study some film, get two weeks to practice, and take them to the woodshed in the second half in what is typically Texans epic-fail time.

I can't quit thinking of the discussions regarding Kubiak and Payton and how they coach in such different divisions (ours is so hard and theirs is so weak) and the idea that if their positions were reversed Kubiak might be having more success and Payton might be having a hard time getting over .500

I keep thinking of that and thinking "Horseshit!"

Congrats Saints, way to show the world how it's done against the Colts.

I think the on sides kick was one, but a good chunk of the credit for this win should go to Greg Williams.

devo-x
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
This gives me hope that the Texans beat the Colts next season!

Hervoyel
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
This gives me hope that the Texans beat the Colts next season!

How is that exactly?

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 10:18 PM
How is that exactly?

Onside Kicks and INT's for TD's

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I think the on sides kick was one, but a good chunk of the credit for this win should go to Greg Williams.

I said in the game thread that the first team to get as stop would win....the Saints D forced the long FG. After the miss they took control

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Where do they hide the camera's for this undercover boss show?

Goatcheese
02-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Did 2 people really just vote in the poll after the game was over? :boogereater:

LonerATO
02-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Here we go all the Houston radio stations are blowing up with people all pissed off at the Texans and Kubes for not winning a Super Bowl.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 10:26 PM
This famous street was almost bare a hour ago...lol.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Miscellaneous/Super_Bowl_Night.jpg

IlliniJen
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Where do they hide the camera's for this undercover boss show?

They don't. They frame it as a reality show about entry-level jobs.

LonerATO
02-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Forgot about that show Im getting my Mormon on with Big Love

Brandon420tx
02-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Yeah, just heard them mention that and was like "OH!"

Hervoyel
02-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Did 2 people really just vote in the poll after the game was over? :boogereater:

Probably. I'm still trying to make up my mind. I know the Saints are feeling good about themselves right now but those Colts are scary. I bet Peyton's working on a post-game comeback right now.

MEGA SWATT
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Peyton is not the end all be all. The week leading up it was all about peyton this and peyton that. Colts will win b/c of Peyton, best qb ever, you don't even need a coach b/c peyton is your coach.... blah, blah, blah. Well peyton with the Pick 6 gave away the game, LOL.

LonerATO
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Peyton is not the end all be all. The week leading up it was all about peyton this and peyton that. Colts will win b/c of Peyton, best qb ever, you don't even need a coach b/c peyton is your coach.... blah, blah, blah. Well peyton with the Pick 6 gave away the game, LOL.

I want to hear what Dungy has to say

stingray
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow.. Great game.. While Peyton is a great player and a future HOF, nobody is really mentioning Drew Brees as an all time great. This guy still has a lot of years yet. He could be mentioned with the Montana's, Elway's, Unitas' when the dust settles.

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM

allstars, brakos82, Dan B., False Start, Goldensilence, GuerillaBlack, Hagar, HoustonFrog, IlliniJen, imatexan, Imatexanfan, Khari, MannyFresh, N.O.TexanFan, Pollardized, RazorOye, SeViX, SheTexan, stingray, Texans34Life, TEXANS4MARIO, TexansBlood

LOL! I don't know, but that brakos could be one sumbitch. :D

False Start
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
The Colts are almost like the Atlanta Braves of football. They won their lone championship, and they make it back but either lose in the playoffs, or lose the SB..........not that I'm complaining. :cool:

IlliniJen
02-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Peyton was getting the same intense jock-hanging love heading into this game that's usually reserved for Favre.

To grossly plagiarize Mark Twain: "The rumors of Peyton's G.O.A.T. status have been greatly exaggerated."

powerfuldragon
Forgot about that show Im getting my Mormon on with Big Love

aw crap! new episode tonight i forgot... i'll catch the re-air in a couple of hours...

good game that was. field was relatively unsullied by flags.

Khari
it was 60 to 20 colts before the game.........hmmm.........which 2 of u voted for the saints after they won? :thinking:

toronto
02-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I didn't vote, but this is as giddy as I will ever be over a SB not involving my team. Suck it Peyton.

Pantherstang84
02-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Well it wasn't "protection problems" this time. I wonder what group of team mates Horse Face will throw under the bus this time.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
A mod can check it...I voted Saints

Nawzer
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Congrats to the Saints. I didn't really care who won as long as it was a good game. And it was a great game. Lot's of action and exciting big plays. I really feel happy for Drew Brees.

kastofsna
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
congrats to the Saints

Giant Tiger
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Best thing about this game is now nobody can say the Colts only lose when they tank the game :heh:

Showtime100
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Two more have made picks after the game and I know who they are. I'm surprised at you two. :spin: