PDA

View Full Version : Donte Stallworth

4Texans
01-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Donte Stallworth will probably be re-instated in a few weeks from his suspension, and the Browns will most likely waive him. If you're an NFL team, do you bring him in and possibly sign him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/24/browns-are-expected-to-dump-donte-stallworth/

ubecool454
01-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Donte Stallworth will probably be re-instated in a few weeks from his suspension, and the Browns will most likely waive him. If you're an NFL team, do you bring him in and possibly sign him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/24/browns-are-expected-to-dump-donte-stallworth/

He will shot somewhere. He can give a team another year or two. If we don't resign Kevin Walter I would want him here because I think Andre Davis gets cut and I'm not quite ready to trust Jacoby as a main #2 go to guy. I remember Donte Stallworth and Mcnabb hookup when they dogged us in Reliant 3 years ago. I see the poll is 80% against Stallworth but even though he was drinking and driving the guy was jaywalking across a causeway when he got hit so both were to blame.

steelbtexan
01-24-2010, 12:09 PM
The guy shouldn't have been jaywalking.

Stallworth paid the price.

I would sign him but McNair wont. Stalllworth would add a great vertical threat and be a reliable no.2 WR. Anybody wanting to draft Bryant should want Stallworth to be signed.

Mr. White
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I think he's worth taking a look at.

Having said that, I think we're good at WR. We could even afford to let one of them go.

CloakNNNdagger
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
He will shot somewhere. He can give a team another year or two. If we don't resign Kevin Walter I would want him here because I think Andre Davis gets cut and I'm not quite ready to trust Jacoby as a main #2 go to guy. I remember Donte Stallworth and Mcnabb hookup when they dogged us in Reliant 3 years ago. I see the poll is 80% against Stallworth but even though he was drinking and driving the guy was jaywalking across a causeway when he got hit so both were to blame.

It is now less than 70% against, but I would hardly think that a poll of eight have any validity.

gary
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I am not against Donte because both were at fault. Let's remember people are also people were so bent out of shape because he was speeding and high at the time though. I just worry that he has been out of the game so long and the age factor thing. How much does he have left?

treduke
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
i would take a look at stallworth but i doubt the texans front office would.
he'll get a shot somewhere but honestly how can the browns not want him back!

Hagar
01-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Dude paid his price to society according to the law so he should get a second chance. I'd definitely put him under the microscope before signing him.

mexican_texan
01-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Politics aside, I don't feel he's worth much more than Jacoby or Glen Martinez.

Giant Tiger
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
How many teams has he played for? I'm just wondering if this guy keeps wearing out his welcome :thinking:

Texan_Bill
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
How many teams has he played for? I'm just wondering if this guy keeps wearing out his welcome :thinking:

4 Teams in 7 Seasons: (http://www.nfl.com/players/donte'stallworth/profile?id=STA280100)
2002-2005 New Orleans
2006 Philadelphia Eagles
2007 New England Patriots
2008 Cleveland Browns

2009 DNP

HOU-TEX
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
The dude pulls a hammy getting out of bed. I'll pass!

HuttoKarl
01-25-2010, 11:33 AM
I'd give him a shot...unlike Vick, I think he was truly sorry for what happened. He always has been injury prone though, so any deal would have to be a bargain for the team.