PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs cowboys

CloakNNNdagger
01-17-2010, 12:35 PM
The Vikings take the lead (7-0) with a long pass from Favre to Rice. Rice was well covered, but the Dallas CB never looked back. He actually bumped Rice, and Pass Interference would have likely been called had Rice not caught it.

DiehardChris
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Sensabaugh was looking around for a safety to blame, instead of making the tackle - or even ATTEMPTING the tackle. He basically quit on the play. Very Cowboy of him.

Hookem Horns
01-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice play by Favre. Vikes up 14-3.

dtran04
01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Sensabaugh was looking around for a safety to blame, instead of making the tackle - or even ATTEMPTING the tackle. He basically quit on the play. Very Cowboy of him.

What's funny is that HE is the safety. Even Jacques Reeves thought he should have looked for the ball. It was hilarious that he had absolutely no clue that his man caught the ball and scored.

Goatcheese
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope Homo cries on the sideline like Tebow after this loss. That would be my new Avatar.

Silver Oak
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
epic good game so far. rattling Romo seems like a good game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan
01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Good ol Tony Romo.

b0ng
01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I am sure the radio shows will be blowing up after this game

All hail tony romo.

WWJD
01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Vikes clearly the better team today.

CloakNNNdagger
01-17-2010, 01:31 PM
The Vikings rush has Romo running for his life on virtually every play...........and it's very difficult to run let alone concentrate to pass when you have a warm load in your shorts.:)

Hookem Horns
01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Cowboys looking tough

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3893/cowboysposter.jpg

Ryan
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Vikes are getting screwed by the stripes.

Silver Oak
01-17-2010, 02:21 PM
3 turnovers for Romo so far. Sahweeeeet!

Ryan
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
That last play was a huge "WTF" moment for Romo.

4Texans
01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
The Vikings rush has Romo running for his life on virtually every play...........and it's very difficult to run let alone concentrate to pass when you have a warm load in your shorts.:)

:spit:

But, I thought Dallas had a great OL????????

Go Vikes!!!!!!

brakos82
01-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Tony Romo should host a show on the Food Network critiquing the fine cuisine of astroturf.

Pollardized
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Tony Romo should host a show on the Food Network critiquing the fine cuisine of astroturf.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni Homo: "On today's show, astroturf with a little whine.... MMMM MMMMMM Good!"

b0ng
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Somebody call the police cause America's Team is gettin murdered.

4Texans
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Ya think Favre wants to win this game??????????:kingkong:

Go Vikes!

Wolf
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Tony Oh-No showed up today ..2 int's 1 fumble

damn Vikes defense is taking it to the Cowboys today

GlassHalfFull
01-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Romo is pulling a Romo today, ya knew it had to happen sooner or later.

kastofsna
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Toni Homo: "On today's show, astroturf with a little whine.... MMMM MMMMMM Good!"

:spit::spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:

you use a GIRL'S name (because women are weaker than men) then called him a gay slur because homosexuals are weaker than good honest god-fearing straight men!!!

OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO FUNNNYNYYIOBNAKJFNKLAJF

GlassHalfFull
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I bet the Cowboy's mbs are going nuts.

houstonspartan
01-17-2010, 02:44 PM
:spit::spit::spit::spit::spit::spit:

You use a girl's name (because women are weaker than men) then called him a gay slur because homosexuals are weaker than good honest god-fearing straight men!!!

Oh my god you are so funnnynyyiobnakjfnklajf

lol!!!

Ryan
01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
The Cowboys have officially been...

FAVRE'D

GlassHalfFull
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I just ran across this pic on facebook, it seemed like a nice one to share here.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22943/1021/52/n1145356624_9555.jpg

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
:smiliedance:

Hookem Horns
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
They should take Favre out of the game.

CloakNNNdagger
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Somebody call the police cause America's Team is gettin murdered.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear..................it ain't MY team........it ain't AMERICA'S team,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's DALLAS' team. And the police don't need to be called, the Dallas Riot Squad will be ready when the Cowboys return.:roast:

kcdoubleeagle
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I just feel bad for Dickie Injustice. :bender:

Pollardized
01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/smeege23/TonyRomo.png

houstonspartan
01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Woa. They just said that the Vikes are 9-0 at home this year.

Talk about rewarding season ticket holders. Very impressive.

FirstTexansFan
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
They should take Favre out of the game.

And let Rosenfels pull a Rosencopter? LOL

Hookem Horns
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
LOL, nice run up the score TD. Gotta love it!

Lame ass Cowboys complaining about it. They should just stop them if they don't want to be scored on.

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
This just in: The D:zipit:llas Cowboys are going to the SUPERBOWL!!...their travel agent just bought them tickets!

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I am now 1-6 with my pics in the plalyoff's, and that's just fine. My ONE win was worth waiting for!!

GOOOOOOOO VIKES!!! Farve is the BOMB!! I LOVE that old man!! His love for the game of football is what counts, and he has proved that age, premature retirement, criticism, money, etc, etc, etc, means NOTHING when you play the game because you LOVE it!! They don't come any better than Brett Farve!!!! JMO!!

dc_txtech
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
What a great game.

Sent from my computer using my keyboard

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I am now 1-6 with my pics in the plalyoff's, and that's just fine. My ONE win was worth waiting for!!

GOOOOOOOO VIKES!!! Farve is the BOMB!! I LOVE that old man!! His love for the game of football is what counts, and he has proved that age, premature retirement, criticism, money, etc, etc, etc, means NOTHING when you play the game because you LOVE it!! They don't come any better than Brett Farve!!!! JMO!!

Old man? He and I are the same age!

CloakNNNdagger
01-17-2010, 03:03 PM
The Cowboys must have a deal with Fox not to show Jerry in misery. They've only shown him once on the sideline........in anticipation that HIS team would mop up.

Hookem Horns
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
They don't come any better than Brett Farve!!!! JMO!!

What about Warren Moon?

Marcus
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
There ain't no such thing as running it up in the NFL Brooking.

Go back to the sidelines and STFU!! You don't want them to score, STOP them!

Pollardized
01-17-2010, 03:05 PM
SAGE with some TV time hugging Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kcdoubleeagle
01-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Hahaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brakos82
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/breesus.gif

Spled
01-17-2010, 03:09 PM
It makes sense because The Vikings and The Saints were the best NFC teams all season. And yeah The Vikings definitely did a Spurrier job to the Pokes for some reason.

False Start
01-17-2010, 03:12 PM
What a game..... I wonder is any of the sh!t talking Cowpoosee fans will be calling up the sports talk shows talking smack like they were all this past week? I cant wait to hear their excuses after this. :lol: :evil:

The Vikings were a cool team........for a day. :bravo:

Spled
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I think I found out why The Vikings got revenge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTHpYKELY4

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
There ain't no such thing as running it up in the NFL Brooking.

Go back to the sidelines and STFU!! You don't want them to score, STOP them!

Actually...there is...but not against the Cowboys. But consider something.

a. The Cowboys embarrassed Minnesota with the (offensive pass interference) Hail Mary pass in the 70s.

b. The Cowboys screwed the Vikes in the 90s with the infamous Herschel Walker trade which netted them what was it 8 first round draft picks?

Walker makes it to Minnesota and forgets how to play football...the Cowboys cash in the first round picks they got for him and went to three Superbowls (one of which was given to them by Neil O'Donnell). Herchel makes it back to Dallas...then turns back into a decent football player again. If I'm the Vikings I'm remembering that and playing all out against the Cowboys. Besides as much as I HATE to admit this the Cowgirls are one of the best 2nd half teams in the history of football. They're like cockroaches. They can ALWAYS come back that's why you have to crush them. I defy you to find someone who has never seen the Dallas Cowboys erase a 21 point deficit with 5 minutes left in a half and come back to win. When you're playing against those jerks ESPECIALLY in the playoffs you have to bury them.

brakos82
01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Actually...there is...but not against the Cowboys.
And the Pats could've tacked on a few more against Tennessee.

kastofsna
01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
whenever this board talks about the Cowboys, it becomes every unlistenable sports talk radio show. sad.

Khari
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
yay dallas lost.......now if only the colts would lose too....ass would be ruled

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
What about Warren Moon?

BLASPHEMY Hookum!! :wild: Made my heart hurt just seeing that man's name on the same page!!!
:foottap:

Truthfully, I got as tired of the BF saga as everyone else, but, MAN ALIVE, that dude still has IT!! Can't help but admire what he has brought to the game of football.

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 03:35 PM
yay dallas lost.......now if only the colts would lose too....ass would be ruled

YEP!! I agree!!

Vikes vs Charger SB!! I hope!!

bah007
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
whenever this board talks about the Cowboys, it becomes every unlistenable sports talk radio show. sad.

Agreed. The same people that talk about how annoying Dallas fans are become just as intolerable.

I'm not gonna pretend like I'm completely above it but I try to get my happiness from the success of my team, not the misfortune of others.

Like it or not though, until we start finding consistent success on our own this board is never gonna STFU about the Dallas Cowboys.

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
this board is never gonna STFU about the Dallas Cowboys.

Wonder why the hell that is???!! Think it might be because this is a TEXAN MESSAGE BOARD??????? We have the right to say what we want about the Cowpies, as well as any other team we want to blast!! If you don't like it then don't read it!!

Pisses me off bigtime when Cowboy fans blast TEXAN fans on their own board because we might have the balls to call it like we see it!! This board has been infested with Cowboy fans for a long time, they have no place else to go apparently!!

Mr teX
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM

yes they do...he wore #16 for the 49ers and the other wears #18 for the colts.

bah007
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Wonder why the hell that is???!! Think it might be because this is a TEXAN MESSAGE BOARD??????? We have the right to say what we want about the Cowpies, as well as any other team we want to blast!! If you don't like it then don't read it!!

Pisses me off bigtime when Cowboy fans blast TEXAN fans on their own board because we might have the balls to call it like we see it!! This board has been infested with Cowboy fans for a long time, they have no place else to go apparently!!

LOL I'm a Texans fan too and yet I don't feel the need to spout off about the Cowboys or any other team every time they lose. It's a loser's mentality when you revel in the failures of others instead of your own success.

I like both teams but I learned a long time ago that this board can't handle the Cowboys being successful. I should have just skipped over this thread like I normally do.

Just because I decide not to talk trash about a team that made the playoffs (when we didn't) doesn't mean I'm any less of a Texans fan than you.

Silver Oak
01-17-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL I'm a Texans fan too and yet I don't feel the need to spout off about the Cowboys or any other team every time they lose. It's a loser's mentality when you revel in the failures of others instead of your own success.

I like both teams but I learned a long time ago that this board can't handle the Cowboys being successful. I should have just skipped over this thread like I normally do.

Just because I decide not to talk trash about a team that made the playoffs (when we didn't) doesn't mean I'm any less of a Texans fan than you.

been thru this ad nauseum, but if the majority of Cowboys fans that I have met in my life wouldn't have been such dicks about their previous success, then I wouldn't revel in their losses.

easy principle really. you get what you dish out, and in this case, Cowboys fans get a dose of crap.

Goldensilence
01-17-2010, 04:48 PM

Good post I agree. I leave the smack talking and then it blowing up in their face to cowboys fans.

Out here in El Paso there's a ton of cowboy's fans, but I've found most of them to be amicable and a few cheer for the Texans on the side.

Really I guess I'd love for Texan fans to be known as passionate and classy as opposed to the reputation of some team fans. For example Looking around on this board we've got a few cowboy's fans and a few fans of other teams. I think that shows alot about the fanbase, at least for here.

eriadoc
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM

My reveling in Dallas' misery has nothing to do with the Oilers or Texans, and is in addition to, not instead of whatever success my teams have. Certain teams are just like slinkies to me - mostly worthless, bu they bring a smile to my face when pushed down the stairs.

The Yankees are like that for me in baseball. The Astros don't play the Yankees, not in the same league, don't care - they have nothing to do with each other. I still dislike them.

Oh, and having Tony Romo on the team just makes the failure that much more enjoyable.

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
yes they do...he wore #16 for the 49ers and the other wears #18 for the colts.

#16 maybe, no way #18!! Not yet anyway. Whens he's in his 40s, I might agree. If PM can do what BF is doing in his old age, then I'll be more than glad to give him credit for being one of the best!!

Just the mention of #16 for the Niners makes me smile!! Montana definitely ranks right up there with the best.

Spled
01-17-2010, 05:11 PM
How can you not hate on a team with this crap hanging over the middle of the field?
http://capitalogix.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5502e47b288330120a4ddf1bf970b-800wi

StarStruck
01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Congratulations to the Vikings. They were the better team today, and my best wishes to them as they go to the next level. As a gesture of my support, I will change my Avitar for a week or two weeks if they make it to the Super Bowl.

WWJD
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Absolutely the better team today. The Cowboys were just totally overmatched. Guess there is something to home field advantage huh?

Silver Oak
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Absolutely the better team today. The Cowboys were just totally overmatched. Guess there is something to home field advantage huh?

based on the game I saw, this one could have been played in Dallas, Arlington, or Ft. Worth and the rests would have been the same.

much better team won today.

WWJD
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Probably. The Cowboys had their worse game in many weeks and the Vikes were lights out.

Vikes don't play nearly as well outside their Dome. Guess we'll find out how they fare against the Saints. Should be a very good championship game.

I didn't pick the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl. I picked Saints/Colts. I'll stick with that.

Mr teX
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
been thru this ad nauseum, but if the majority of Cowboys fans that I have met in my life wouldn't have been such dicks about their previous success, then I wouldn't revel in their losses.

easy principle really. you get what you dish out, and in this case, Cowboys fans get a dose of crap.

This......

I could care less about the cowboys but most of their fans I come into contact with are unbearable & always have something negative to say about my team when they find out im a texan fan. Also, Most are still living in the 70's or mid 90's & bring that crap up any time you have even thie slightest criticism of their team. "loser's mentality" or not, They get what they dish out..

Maddict5
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
if anyone wonders why teams keep throwing high picks on d-lines you saw it today. the vikes have spent loads on that line (including 1st on udeze and james) and it paid dividends. fearsome pass rush

Brando
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
:clap:

Brando
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Like it or not though, until we start finding consistent success on our own this board is never gonna STFU about the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the fact that they lost because of all the ahole Cowboy fans here in CC. Everytime I wear my Texans jersey they say something derogatory about it. They are a lot of good Cowboy fans but to many that ruins it for me. So I will always root against them. I don't pull their string here either, they are usually the ones doing smack talk. It's not only on this message board but through out the country.

Thank you Vikings!!!!

Mr teX
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
http://media.kidk.com/images/100115_Larry_Platt.jpg

"PANTS ON THE GROUND, ROMO EATING GRASS, LOOKING LIKE A FOOL WITH HIS HELMET TO THE SIDE.." lol sorry couldn't resist...

Brando
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
http://media.kidk.com/images/100115_Larry_Platt.jpg

"PANTS ON THE GROUND, ROMO EATING GRASS, LOOKING LIKE A FOOL WITH HIS HELMET TO THE SIDE.." lol sorry couldn't resist...

lol +Rep

FirstTexansFan
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I love the fact that they lost because of all the ahole Cowboy fans here in CC. Everytime I wear my Texans jersey they say something derogatory about it. They are a lot of good Cowboy fans but to many that ruins it for me. So I will always root against them. I don't pull their string here either, they are usually the ones doing smack talk. It's not only on this message board but through out the country.

And thus why every Sowboy fan can kiss my ass. Until you've lived it on a daily basis, you can't argue the point. Throw in the fact I have relatives that pile on as well, leaves me no room in my life to feel their pain. To top it off, I've never seen a referree crew so biased in their calls during this game. They should investigate this crew to see if they've taken payoffs or have wagers for the sowboys.

Brando
01-17-2010, 08:26 PM

That's rich coming from you. Your the one that is making jokes about Gaines Adams after his death. :rolleyes:

CloakNNNdagger
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Brookings, Philips and the Cowboys are bitching about the "classlessness" of the winning Vikings. I don't remember the Cowboys complaining about their own classlessness throughout all their winning days of yore.

Sunday, January 17, 2010
Vikings' Williams: We take no pity

By Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- Tempers flared Sunday at the Metrodome after Minnesota's final touchdown of a 34-3 playoff victory over Dallas as Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking sprinted toward the Vikings' sideline, taunting coach Brad Childress and later calling the late score "classless."

Vikings nose tackle Pat Williams, meanwhile, said Brooking was lucky to escape the Minnesota sideline in one piece.

"We don't care what Keith Brooking says," Williams said. "He was about to get his ass whupped on our sideline over there. It don't matter. Nobody said anything when they blew out the Eagles [the past two weeks].

"It's the playoffs. It ain't no regular-season game. If you lose, you go home. We take no pity on them. Do they expect us to? I don't care about no Brooking. He can say whatever he wants to say."

With the Vikings leading 27-3 late in the fourth quarter, Childress left his starters in the game. The Cowboys gave up the ball on downs at their 37-yard line with 5:26 remaining, and the Vikings threw three passes on their ensuing six-play drive. The final one was an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on fourth-and-3 with 1:55 remaining.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said the Vikings ran up the score, and Brooking agreed.

"I thought it was classless," Brooking said. "I thought it was B.S. Granted, we get paid to stop them, but we had zero timeouts left. I didn't think there was any call for that."

Shiancoe laughed when hearing Brooking's comments. "OK, we apologize. I'm sorry. Better?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4834737&type=story

Giant Tiger
01-17-2010, 08:41 PM
And thus why every Sowboy fan can kiss my ass. Until you've lived it on a daily basis, you can't argue the point. Throw in the fact I have relatives that pile on as well, leaves me no room in my life to feel their pain. To top it off, I've never seen a referree crew so biased in their calls during this game. They should investigate this crew to see if they've taken payoffs or have wagers for the sowboys.

The Vikings were definitely the better team; having to beat 2 opponents today. Probably was one of the reasons why they scored that last touchdown.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
So I went to the game today. A complete blast. Flew up at 7:30, landed at 10. Cabbed to the stadium downtown. Got tickets. Drank and cheered and enjoyed the Minny fans. Flew back at 5. Just got home. Here are my observations.

1) Congrats to Minny. Kicked our tail today. They are a class group of people. They would taunt us and all but we all laughed and had a good time. My brother in law had a Romo jersey and blue hair and people wanted pics with him. Just class people and a great time. They deserved a win. They are like Cardinal baseball fans.

2) This goes with point #1 but their fans are smart too. You can hear a pin drop in that place when they are on offense but it is deafening when they are on D. One of the loudest stadiums I've ever been too.

3) Roy Williams is useless. We were in the top tier but there really were no bad seats so you could see formations and what was going on. Roy had single coverage with no safety help ALL day long and he couldn't get off the DB and there was nothing to throw to. Just nothing.

4) Snow, snow and more snow. It was sunny and in the 20s but there isn't an inch of ground, except roads, that didn't have 6-8 inches.

5) We gave up on Felix Jones and the running game too early. It was working. They just missed that FG and then the next TD happened and then they stopped.

6) Fortunately there are a majority of you here that think this way. After reading the stuff above I think people are either thin skinned or have a complex here. Just a few. Sorry but as I stated above, there were guys in our faces and laughing, etc, etc and no one took it personally. There were guys saying Romo sucked. In the grand scheme everyone had a good time. It is what teams do to each other. The "stories" about bad Cowboy fans crack me up because the people talking about them are acting the same way they claim to abhor.

StarStruck
01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Glad you had a good time Frog, even though the results were disappointing. WWJD and I have basically the same take that you have shared with the board. I understand also what you mean about fans interaction since that's pretty commonplace at Cowboys stadium as well.

My cousins are now in Iowa as I just talked to them a few minutes ago. They spent some time after the game visiting with Adrian Peterson and said that he laughed, joked and was cool about all of the Cowboys attire. The congratulations were all there, and hope all goes well next week. That's Palestine.

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM

I'd rather see Payton Manning holding a Lombardi trophy than Jerry Jones.

Dread-Head
01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Glad you had a good time Frog, even though the results were disappointing. WWJD and I have basically the same take that you have shared with the board. I understand also what you mean about fans interaction since that's pretty commonplace at Cowboys stadium as well.

My cousins are now in Iowa as I just talked to them a few minutes ago. They spent some time after the game visiting with Adrian Peterson and said that he laughed, joked and was cool about all of the Cowboys attire. The congratulations were all there, and hope all goes well next week. That's Palestine.

You madame are class incarnate. Thank you for being part of this MB.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2010, 09:59 PM

Great time despite the loss. As good a time as you could have after getting killed. Meant to tell you that the Cowboy fans traveled well. There were alot around us and the airport and our flights had many. Again, Vike fans were great. Woman next to us was good friends with Marion Barber from when he was in college at Minny and talked to us alot about being a Vike fan but being torn because Barber was playing. Anyways, maybe next year.

Brando
01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
No "stories" here, actual events. Amberly can tell an actual event(s)......

No complex but tired of the ahole Cowboy fans.:mcnugget:

StarStruck
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM

Is there something you're trying to tell me? Sometimes I'm a little slow.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
No "stories" here, actual events. Amberly can tell an actual event(s)......

Every fan base has them. But most fan bases are good. But if the reasoning is talking crap, then I just don't get it. It's sports. I had guys lay hands on me today and shake me and laugh at me and in the end they shook our hands and were class. Just ignore the morons.

Brando
01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Is there something you're trying to tell me? Sometimes I'm a little slow.
Not you SS.....The ahole fans here in Corpus Christi. You are great and I enjoy your post.:heart:

HoustonFrog
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I also wanted to add

7) The kicking game. I've seen people mention that the Cowboys didn't do the right thing becuse of Suisam today. Listen, Nick Folk lost games for us this year. He single handedly almost destroyed the Saints game and thus the playoffs. So no matter who was kicking today it was going to be an adventure. They both aren't great. So I'm sure there will be some of the FAs in this year or someone will be drafted. But putting this on Jerry is the basic ignorant b.s. They already had a bad kicker and got a guy who helped for the end of the season and didn't do well today.

StarStruck
01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
:) Thanks

Not you SS.....The ahole fans here in Corpus Christi. You are great and I enjoy your post.:heart:

StarStruck
01-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I also wanted to add

7) The kicking game. I've seen people mention that the Cowboys didn't do the right thing becuse of Suisam today. Listen, nick Folk lost gamed for us this year. He single handedly almost destroyed the Saints game and thus the playoffs. So no matter who was kicking today it was going to be an adventure. They both aren't great. So I'm sure there will be some of the FAs in this year or someone will be drafted. but putting this on Jerry is the basic ignorant b.s. They already had a bad kicker and got a guy who helped for the end of the season and didn't do well today.

The kicking game was disappointing, but certainly no worse than what Nick Folk had done during the regular season. I read on another board suggestions of working with Folk and bringing him back. I'm more for cutting our losses going for the best available.

bah007
01-17-2010, 11:43 PM
I also wanted to add

7) The kicking game. I've seen people mention that the Cowboys didn't do the right thing becuse of Suisam today. Listen, nick Folk lost gamed for us this year. He single handedly almost destroyed the Saints game and thus the playoffs. So no matter who was kicking today it was going to be an adventure. They both aren't great. So I'm sure there will be some of the FAs in this year or someone will be drafted. but putting this on Jerry is the basic ignorant b.s. They already had a bad kicker and got a guy who helped for the end of the season and didn't do well today.

Do they have any plans for Buehler or is he just a kickoff specialist?

Texecutioner
01-18-2010, 12:35 AM

I think most of the Cowboy fans in here that are regulars are pretty classy and don't go out of their way at all to rub the Texans woes in their faces even when they have easy opportunities. I know that I gave some of them a lot of crap last season, but the Cowboys organization deserved it and got what they asked for last season because they had it coming. Last off season though, they trimmed the fat, the bad weight, and got rid of the cancers when I thought they wouldn't do it. Jerry did what needed to be done and made the right moves. It worked out for them as well. They had a pretty damn good season and proved a lot of people wrong and guys like Romo and Austin had damn good seasons. The Cowboys players have kept their mouths shut for the most part this year and haven't done anything to criticize them for. Only the opposite and as much as I hate the Cowboys I'll give them props for this season. They deserve it. I've got no right to trash them this year especially as a Texans fan. It would be nice if certain Texans fans in here would lose the inferiority complex with the Cowboys. They're not in our division or even in the same conference. Their organization seems like it's moving in the right direction right now while we've yet to make the playoffs.

WWJD
01-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Do they have any plans for Buehler or is he just a kickoff specialist?

He's strictly a kickoff specialist. I didn't follow his college career but he was drafted strictly to kick off and apparently isn't very accurate on FG's. I'm pretty sure they would have used him for FG's if he had shown them he could do that.

Interesting how the kickers have really been in the spotlight this year for all the wrong reasons. I don't personally remember a year when so many kickers missed so many crucial kicks.

alphajoker
01-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Dallas sucks!

:includeme:

HoustonFrog
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
I think most of the Cowboy fans in here that are regulars are pretty classy and don't go out of their way at all to rub the Texans woes in their faces even when they have easy opportunities. I know that I gave some of them a lot of crap last season, but the Cowboys organization deserved it and got what they asked for last season because they had it coming. Last off season though, they trimmed the fat, the bad weight, and got rid of the cancers when I thought they wouldn't do it. Jerry did what needed to be done and made the right moves. It worked out for them as well. They had a pretty damn good season and proved a lot of people wrong and guys like Romo and Austin had damn good seasons. The Cowboys players have kept their mouths shut for the most part this year and haven't done anything to criticize them for. Only the opposite and as much as I hate the Cowboys I'll give them props for this season. They deserve it. I've got no right to trash them this year especially as a Texans fan. It would be nice if certain Texans fans in here would lose the inferiority complex with the Cowboys. They're not in our division or even in the same conference. Their organization seems like it's moving in the right direction right now while we've yet to make the playoffs.

We have had some differences but props here. Well said. I'd give you rep if I could. Listening to 1560 this morning it was non-stop.(talking about the tailgate next year, etc, etc) Though I doubt the Ticket in Dallas even talks about the Texans. I'm just not sure why people here have this overwhleming obsession? A few bad fans like Cowboy Bill?Come on. Again, in all the time I've been here I've never see any Cowboy fans push a Cowboy agenda and we have kept most of the talk here.

GP
01-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, the Cowboys are more respectable now than they were before this season.

Like, Texecutioner said: They rimmed the fat and got rid of bad apples.

And they prospered more than they had the previous seasons.

I almost found myself rooting for them yesterday. ALMOST. :clown:

HoustonFrog
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
3) Roy Williams is useless. We were in the top tier but there really were no bad seats so you could see formations and what was going on. Roy had single coverage with no safety help ALL day long and he couldn't get off the DB and there was nothing to throw to. Just nothing.

And he is peeved. Well Roy, you have to get open for them to throw to you. Run a route maybe

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4835467

"I didn't get a ball today, and I didn't get a look at today. It just happens," Williams said. "It's frustrating. It pisses me off, especially when we lose and especially when I feel like I have a mismatch. I got a 5-10 corner [covering me, Dontonio Wingfield], but hey, you know, I will continue to work hard in the offseason and it will come back around."

Williams said he was surprised at the way his season unfolded.

Also, unreal thought by Wade. I guess he was looking for his donut at this point

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/011810dnspocowlishaw.8a0e2527.html

Suisham's first miss was from 48 yards on a fourth-and-1 at the Vikings' 30. Phillips said afterwards there was no fourth-and-1. Either he just wanted to forget about it and was in denial (understandable) or didn't actually know the distance when he called for the field-goal unit (scary).

WWJD
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Roy has no skills at all when it comes to getting off the corner. None.

Time to kill that experiment. That was a poor acquistion and it hasn't worked.
Ogleetree needs to get the spot and see what he can do. It can't be any worse.

Texecutioner
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
We have had some differences but props here. Well said. I'd give you rep if I could. Listening to 1560 this morning it was non-stop.(talking about the tailgate next year, etc, etc) Though I doubt the Ticket in Dallas even talks about the Texans. I'm just not sure why people here have this overwhleming obsession? A few bad fans like Cowboy Bill?Come on. Again, in all the time I've been here I've never see any Cowboy fans push a Cowboy agenda and we have kept most of the talk here.

Well I'm sure you can remember how badly I trashed them and Jerry last season. They deserved it though by the way Jerry tried to pick up so many scumbags without any shame and the way he wouldn't discipline guys like Pac Man, TO, and Bradie James for attacking a fan on the team's property. As much as I hated the Cowboys, I hated to see TO poison another team like that while the owner did nothing about it and the players were to afraid to tell him something other than Witten.

But hey, Jerry did the right thing in the off season and got rid of those guys, and they played well all season long. I think Romo gets more scrutiny than any other QB in the league by the fans in Dallas and around the country and the media as well. Him and Eli both. It's not fair to either one of them. Romo's been a good QB and I told people that for the last two seasons especially when people acted like he needed TO to put up good numbers. Dude proved people wrong this season and I always thought Austin had a lot of potential I really like Austin's game. The guy is gamer and plays hard in all sorts of ways. Right now Dallas has more players like Barber, Witten, Romo, Austin, James, Ware, and a few others that are a lot more hard working likable players than what they've had in many previous seasons so I won't bash them just to bash them because the star is on their helmet. If they have a hard working season where they played tough football and played smart football, then I'll give them their props. I think they deserve it this season.

Texecutioner
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Roy has no skills at all when it comes to getting off the corner. None.

Time to kill that experiment. That was a poor acquistion and it hasn't worked.
Ogleetree needs to get the spot and see what he can do. It can't be any worse.

I couldn't believe it when Jerry made that crazy deal for Roy at the time. Even as a UT fan, I knew that Roy was overrated and had no heart and was soft. I knew that he was on Jerry's radar and didn't think he was a bad pick up, but I had no idea that Jerry would have given up all of that for him and then paid him all of that money on top of that. The Cowboys are most likely stuck with Roy because of his contract. He isn't going to come around either. If he hadn't done it by now, it's never going to happen. The best they can hope for is that he turns into a legit #2 WR and can give good production there and get them like 900 yards next season and like 8 TD's sort of like what Walter was able to do for the Texans. But they shouldn't give him the #2 spot over Crayton if he can't out play Crayton just because of his contract or because of his name.

Marcus
01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Ain't it funny how things turn out?

Roy Williams was was the absolute "must have" on draft day. TSIPS were drooling over a Andre Johnson/Roy Williams tandem.

He was bust at Detroit, and everyone knew that except Jerry Jones.

Too bad Jerry freaking Jones didn't give it all up for Jacoby freaking Jones. He would have made out better in the deal.

HoustonFrog
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Ain't it funny how things turn out?

Roy Williams was was the absolute "must have" on draft day. TSIPS were drooling over a Andre Johnson/Roy Williams tandem.

He was bust at Detroit, and everyone knew that except Jerry Jones.

Too bad Jerry freaking Jones didn't give it all up for Jacoby freaking Jones. He would have made out better in the deal.

I think the thinking was that Detroit made him bad and that he could build on the one good year he had there with more talent around. But as I said in my original post here, the Vikes singled him and the safety was nowhere near him and he couldn't get off press coverage. It was ridiculous to see from our angle.

Ogletree should have been playing more and is a true #2 to Austin. Roy is a #3 at this point. A guy who can't maneuver or run good routes. Basically a lob guy.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'd place a lot of the blame on the entire oline. The Vikings destroyed them, even before Adams went down. I thought Free played admirably at RT when Columbo was hurt. It was quite obvious he was overwhelmed at LT. The Dallas oline had no answers for the Vikings rush. They were getting there with 4.

WTF is up with leaving Witten 1 on 1 with Allen?

HoustonFrog
01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I give Favre props even though his little biatch act makes me not like him but the one thing that bothers me is the media and how they basically get down on their knees for him. Today I wrote my friends an email. It was about the 1st TD throw and this is what it said.

"It is weird though. At the game from our upper seats, you had a good view of the field and formations, etc. His deep throws look like P for Ks. Lobs. You basically think they are throw aways or are going to be intercepted and then the crowd would go ballistic(loudest stadium I've been too)."

This is how Peter King explains the same throw(s)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/index.html

There can't be 10 throws in Favre's football life as good as the one he made to start the scoring in the rout of the Cowboys. He sets up, flings it deep down the right sideline for Sidney Rice in tight coverage, and Rice barely has to move his hands to catch it and score on a 47-yard touchdown. The ball finds Rice's hands. Not a Randy Johnson fastball per se, but a line drive that was as perfectly located as a ball can be.

WWJD
01-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'd place a lot of the blame on the entire oline. The Vikings destroyed them, even before Adams went down. I thought Free played admirably at RT when Columbo was hurt. It was quite obvious he was overwhelmed at LT. The Dallas oline had no answers for the Vikings rush. They were getting there with 4.

WTF is up with leaving Witten 1 on 1 with Allen?

Yesterday's game would be perfect game film for any NFL team...

The D line coach could use it and say THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY.

An O line coach could use it and say THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY LIKE CRAP.

It's all about the trenches.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Yesterday's game would be perfect game film for any NFL team...

The D line coach could use it and say THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY.

An O line coach could use it and say THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY LIKE CRAP.

It's all about the trenches.

Yes Ma'am, it is to me too

WWJD
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes Ma'am, it is to me too

Yes sir..hasn't that been the way of the Jets this year?

You can have a rookie QB back there if you can control the line of scrimmage.

I don't know if it's their Dline that dominates or their linebackers but they just play tough defense. Nothing fancy.

Cowboys Oline was high schoolish yesterday. Vikes Dline was Super Bowlish....

Double Barrel
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
6) Fortunately there are a majority of you here that think this way. After reading the stuff above I think people are either thin skinned or have a complex here. Just a few. Sorry but as I stated above, there were guys in our faces and laughing, etc, etc and no one took it personally. There were guys saying Romo sucked. In the grand scheme everyone had a good time. It is what teams do to each other. The "stories" about bad Cowboy fans crack me up because the people talking about them are acting the same way they claim to abhor.

Minny fans treat Packer fans a lot worse because of rivalry. There is no rivalry between the Vikings and Cowboys.

As far as your last statement, that's just not true in one basic way. Many Cowboys fans - at least the bandwagon ones in Houston that I've lived with my whole life - are arrogant and condescending because of the Cowboys history. Houston football fans have never had a cause to be arrogant, so by that very fundamental aspect, they cannot be one and the same as Cowboys fans.

It's a loser's mentality when you revel in the failures of others instead of your own success.

It's not a "loser's mentality", it's called schadenfreude (pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others).

Get it right. :howdy:

HoustonFrog
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Minny fans treat Packer fans a lot worse because of rivalry. There is no rivalry between the Vikings and Cowboys.

As far as your last statement, that's just not true in one basic way. Many Cowboys fans - at least the bandwagon ones in Houston that I've lived with my whole life - are arrogant and condescending because of the Cowboys history. Houston football fans have never had a cause to be arrogant, so by that very fundamental aspect, they cannot be one and the same as Cowboys fans.

It's not a "loser's mentality", it's called schadenfreude (pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others).

Get it right. :howdy:

As I've stated I've never run into these fellow fans and when people have beat their chest on "rings" it was usually when prevoked about sucking and even then they weren't too serious and had nothing to add. I have listened to them on the radio and when I do I cringe. But people shouldn't take those folks as the typical fan. I just think this city can sustain on what the Texans need to do, etc vs an unhealthy hate that makes Cowboy losses almost as good as Texans wins. Though they don't have the cause to be arrogant, I definitely can see how they can provoke and how it keeps the vicious circle going. Of course you aren't someone I'm including. In fact I think these bad fans really just a separate sect and are in all fanbases. But this is how I see it....in no particular order.

Bad TF: I hate the Cowboys. Fans are cocky and they get on my nerves. I'm glad they lost...ahahaha

Bad CF: Why are you laughing?Your team hasn't done crap. At least we have won some SBs. Houston teams suck all the time.

Bad TF: Yeah, 14 years ago, what have you done lately?Jerry Jones is tanking your team. Where are your criminals, CrackGirls

Bad CF: Look at my hand...rings on every finger. Suck it

You get the point :)

JB
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
As I've stated I've never run into these fellow fans and when people have beat their chest on "rings" it was usually when prevoked about sucking and even then they weren't too serious and had nothing to add. I have listened to them on the radio and when I do I cringe. But people shouldn't take those folks as the typical fan. I just think this city can sustain on what the Texans need to do, etc vs an unhealthy hate that makes Cowboy losses almost as good as Texans wins. Though they don't have the cause to be arrogant, I definitely can see how they can provoke and how it keeps the vicious circle going. Of course you aren't someone I'm including. In fact I think these bad fans really just a separate sect and are in all fanbases. But this is how I see it....in no particular order.

Bad TF: I hate the Cowboys. Fans are cocky and they get on my nerves. I'm glad they lost...ahahaha

Bad CF: Why are you laughing?Your team hasn't done crap. At least we have won some SBs. Houston teams suck all the time.

Bad TF: Yeah, 14 years ago, what have you done lately?Jerry Jones is tanking your team. Where are your criminals, CrackGirls

:goodpost:

Personally I cant stand the Cowboys. Have not liked them since the Staubach days. But that does not mean that I hate ALL their fans.

Brando
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
:goodpost:

Personally I cant stand the Cowboys. Have not liked them since the Staubach days. But that does not mean that I hate ALL their fans.

I don't hate all the fans either just the arrogant and condescending ones. I even have good football conversations with the good Cowboy fans.:barman:

Vinny
01-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I was pulling for the Cowboys to represent Texas in the SB. It's an unpopular thing here I guess but I dont have enough hate to give to the Cowboys. I'd rather Texas be the defacto football capital of the world...but the Cowboys were bounced and the "other team" enjoys 9-7 with too much enthusiasm for that to happen apparently.

WWJD
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm just asking..please nobody flame me because it's just me wanting to know...

but all this Vikings love..what happened to the fans that hated Jared Allen when he tried to end Matt's season? Or Brett ending Wilson's on a cheap block?

Does Cowboy hatred override Vikes cheapshots? Seems weird to me that people would cheer for them after what they did to the Texans players...

please no flaming. I just want to know how you guys feel..

FirstTexansFan
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM

but all this Vikings love..what happened to the fans that hated Jared Allen when he tried to end Matt's season? Or Brett ending Wilson's on a cheap block?

Does Cowboy hatred override Vikes cheapshots? Seems weird to me that people would cheer for them after what they did to the Texans players...

You make a good point, and I have to say, I have no love for the Vikings in any shape form or fashion. I detest Jared Allen and his cheap shot, and I've heard all the Bret Farve news I care to hear for a lifetime. But, you, Frog, and Star aren't the fans I deal with on a daily basis, and I'm sorry to inform you, the vast majority of Cowboy fans are assholes. On a much larger scale than you three tend to believe. It's not even close to being a situation where it's just a handful that have given the rest a bad name. Throw in the fact that Jerry Jones is just Al Davis 20yrs younger, and it's my hope that eventually the Texas football world wakes up and realizes the better team, the classier team, and the better owner are in Houston, not Dallas.

Brando
01-18-2010, 08:15 PM
You make a good point, and I have to say, I have no love for the Vikings in any shape form or fashion. I detest Jared Allen and his cheap shot, and I've heard all the Bret Farve news I care to hear for a lifetime. But, you, Frog, and Star aren't the fans I deal with on a daily basis, and I'm sorry to inform you, the vast majority of Cowboy fans are assholes. On a much larger scale than you three tend to believe. It's not even close to being a situation where it's just a handful that have given the rest a bad name. Throw in the fact that Jerry Jones is just Al Davis 20yrs younger, and it's my hope that eventually the Texas football world wakes up and realizes the better team, the classier team, and the better owner are in Houston, not Dallas.

The whole post was well said. I especially agree with the bolded part.

Here's a tip of the hat:tiphat: to our Cowboys posters on this forum.

Silver Oak
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM

rep for eloquently posting what many think.

WWJD
01-18-2010, 08:37 PM

Well thanks for the response. I'm well use to people dogging Cowboys fans..I believe in treating people with respect . I don't wish to be judged based on being a fan of any team..good or bad.

I was just interested because I remember the Jared Allen incident(s..didn't he cheapshot Matt twice?) and of course the Favre block was just this past preseason.

Again thanks for the take. I can't walk in your shoes of course regarding likes or dislikes. Sports brings out the worse AND best in people. I tend myself to lump all Philly fans in this great big bowl of dislike and that's wrong of me..

WWJD
01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
The whole post was well said. I especially agree with the bolded part.

Here's a tip of the hat:tiphat: to our Cowboys posters on this forum.

Thanks..Frog is a real smart sports fan and so is Star Struck. I'm kind of the dumb link in the chain. :)

StarStruck
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks..Frog is a real smart sports fan and so is Star Struck. I'm kind of the dumb link in the chain. :)

Oh give me a break! My whole reason for wanting to win the lottery trip to the draft War Room is so I can begin to learn something.:)

Brando
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I really thought the Cowboys defense would have played better Sunday. So Cowboys fans is Wade going to be back and do you want him back?

StarStruck
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought most of our problems were offensive line, and the break down proved to be a long day for Romo. I will not comment on anything Roy Williams related, and even when we managed to move the ball in at least field goal position, two of the three times we came up empty.

I'm not critical of the defense, and the last two scores were basically gimmies after the ball went over on downs in excellent field position. I think that Wade taking over defense as well as being HC, replacing the special teams coach has earned him a contract renewal with a nice raise. I also read that missed bedcheck fines increased from $100 to a game check. If true, I think we have a very disciplined team, and much of it thanks to Wade. I hope that Jerry picks up the option soon.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 07:33 AM
I really thought the Cowboys defense would have played better Sunday. So Cowboys fans is Wade going to be back and do you want him back?

Wade will be back. They announced that yesterday on ESPN as one of those "insider" reports.

I was fine with it before this past Sunday..but now I sort of wish Jerry would explore his options. The Cowboys essentially have 2 head coaches..Garrett is in exclusive charge of the offense (it's my understanding Wade is totally hands off with them) and of course Wade is the defensive guy.

Which is fine because he's very good at it.

Frankly I really wish they'd consider getting rid of Garrett.

HoustonFrog
01-19-2010, 08:06 AM

First of all, thanks for the kind words and honest post. It is really appreciated.

Second, I still think you are wrong about a majority of Cowboy fans. I think alot of it is where you are, who you are around, etc. I grew up in Ft. Worth. My family consists of die-hards. Same with all my friends. Most of the people I went to college with, etc. When I came here, the guys from around Texas I went to law school with..same thing. Die-hards who cheered hard but no one was talking noise to anyone. And if it was it was all in good fun at BW3 over beers, etc. So I think I have seen and think there is a large group around my age and from up in the Metroplex who are very hard core but are very "good" fans. BUT I have seen the people you speak of that are loud mouthed and who spew nonsense non-stop. It is embarrassing and unfortunately I hear it on the radio and out some. I'm not saying they are a tiny minority but I don't think they are anywhere close to a majority, as you said. I will say though that my thinking is to try and not give people like that the satisfaction. I moved here in 1993 and have met my fair share of Cowboy haters who are down right rude. Heck I hear it on the radio daily and have seen it here. I'm not going to talk for WWJD or Starstruck but I think what bothers us and I guess gets us a little defensive is that if you listen to the Ticket or talk radio up in Dallas you will hear nothing...nada...about the Texans. In fact when I've heard anything about Houston it has been good. They rip JJ and the Boys more than anything. Yet here they can spend a whole 4 hour show hating on the Cowboys. I don't get that mentality when you got your own team. I think it brings out the a-holes to respond. I think that is why some of us here respond to try and at least bring some perspective to the thing because opinions can be so extreme.

Anyways, sorry for the a-holes. Have a good one.

HOU-TEX
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM

Wasn't me. As a matter of fact, Allen's one of my favorite players. Call him dirty if y'all want, but the dude's a scrapper and I enjoy watching him play the game.

I think Favres hit was more of a brain fart moment for him. I don't think he intentionally tried to hurt anyone.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Wasn't me. As a matter of fact, Allen's one of my favorite players. Call him dirty if y'all want, but the dude's a scrapper and I enjoy watching him play the game.

I don't watch him enough to know if he's dirty or not but he was public enemy number one when he hit Matt in the knee around here. I think even Matt commented that was a cheapshot which is unusual because he's not one to say that kind of thing.

I'm not gonna go back and look but there were alot of fans that were very upset with him. As they should be.

I remember Allen coming out and saying oh shucks I wasn't trying to hurt him...sorry!

Dread-Head
01-19-2010, 10:19 AM

Starstruck is cool. I'm just trying to make sure that she and my mother are never in the same room. They might compile a list of "really nice, church attending" women they want to fix me up with.

Dread-Head
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM

One of those rings...was a GIFT from Neil "Would you like fries with that?" O'Donnell. BTW My other favorite team the:

S:trophy:xBurgh Steelers have more. Last time I checked 6 > 5. And look at the first 10 years of the Dallas Cowboys. It took them a while to become the formidible team they used to be. I'll give the Cowboys their due. They've been to more superbowls than anyone else. But the Steelers have won more and the 49ers hold the distinction of having been to five and won ALL FIVE. They deserve respect for their history, but they're still not the greatest team in the history of football.

infantrycak
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
First of all, thanks for the kind words and honest post. It is really appreciated.

Second, I still think you are wrong about a majority of Cowboy fans. I think alot of it is where you are, who you are around, etc. I grew up in Ft. Worth. My family consists of die-hards. Same with all my friends. Most of the people I went to college with, etc. When I came here, the guys from around Texas I went to law school with..same thing. Die-hards who cheered hard but no one was talking noise to anyone. And if it was it was all in good fun at BW3 over beers, etc. So I think I have seen and think there is a large group around my age and from up in the Metroplex who are very hard core but are very "good" fans. BUT I have seen the people you speak of that are loud mouthed and who spew nonsense non-stop. It is embarrassing and unfortunately I hear it on the radio and out some. I'm not saying they are a tiny minority but I don't think they are anywhere close to a majority, as you said. I will say though that my thinking is to try and not give people like that the satisfaction. I moved here in 1993 and have met my fair share of Cowboy haters who are down right rude. Heck I hear it on the radio daily and have seen it here. I'm not going to talk for WWJD or Starstruck but I think what bothers us and I guess gets us a little defensive is that if you listen to the Ticket or talk radio up in Dallas you will hear nothing...nada...about the Texans. In fact when I've heard anything about Houston it has been good. They rip JJ and the Boys more than anything. Yet here they can spend a whole 4 hour show hating on the Cowboys. I don't get that mentality when you got your own team. I think it brings out the a-holes to respond. I think that is why some of us here respond to try and at least bring some perspective to the thing because opinions can be so extreme.

Anyways, sorry for the a-holes. Have a good one.

Spot on. Funny I got here in 1993 as well. It's like you say, Cowboy fans in Dallas are indifferent or rooted for the Oilers back when I was there. Haven't lived there in the Texans era. When I got to Houston I was shocked by the antipathy to the Cowboys and characterizations of their fans, the constant harping about a team rarely faced and the number of folks with statements like I root for Houston and then anyone playing the Cowboys. I'm sure there is some chicken and egg going on but the environment for being a Cowboy fan down here sucks.

One of those rings...was a GIFT from Neil "Would you like fries with that?" O'Donnell. BTW My other favorite team the:

S:trophy:xBurgh Steelers have more. Last time I checked 6 > 5. And look at the first 10 years of the Dallas Cowboys. It took them a while to become the formidible team they used to be.

Well that evens out since they were robbed in Super Bowl V when a Cowboy landed on a fumble on the Indy 1 and gets up with the ball unmolested and inexplicably the ref runs up and rules it Indy ball. Trivia - only SB where the MVP of the game was from the losing team - Chuck Howley

HoustonFrog
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM

S:trophy:xBurgh Steelers have more. Last time I checked 6 > 5. And look at the first 10 years of the Dallas Cowboys. It took them a while to become the formidible team they used to be. I'll give the Cowboys their due. They've been to more superbowls than anyone else. But the Steelers have won more and the 49ers hold the distinction of having been to five and won ALL FIVE. They deserve respect for their history, but they're still not the greatest team in the history of football.

Not sure where this came from Dread!:)

Nothing has been taken away from Pitt. They weren't even mentioned and there was no argument about trophies that Pitt had. And I'm sorry that O'Donnell screwed up but they were already playing from behind all game. We scored on our first 3 possessions to take a 13-0 lead.

Dread-Head
01-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Spot on. Funny I got here in 1993 as well. It's like you say, Cowboy fans in Dallas are indifferent or rooted for the Oilers back when I was there. Haven't lived there in the Texans era. When I got to Houston I was shocked by the antipathy to the Cowboys and characterizations of their fans, the constant harping about a team rarely faced and the number of folks with statements like I root for Houston and then anyone playing the Cowboys. I'm sure there is some chicken and egg going on but the environment for being a Cowboy fan down here sucks.

Well that evens out since they were robbed in Super Bowl V when a Cowboy landed on a fumble on the Indy 1 and gets up with the ball unmolested and inexplicably the ref runs up and rules it Indy ball. Trivia - only SB where the MVP of the game was from the losing team - Chuck Howley

Really....so the offensive pass interference that wasn't called in the "miraculous Hail Mary" from Staubach in the Minnesota game was karmicly balanced out by a certain Cowboy dropping one in the endzone during a Superbowl? makes sense to me.

Dread-Head
01-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Not sure where this came from Dread!:)

Nothing has been taken away from Pitt. They weren't even mentioned and there was no argument about trophies that Pitt had. And I'm sorry that O'Donnell screwed up but they were already playing from behind all game. We scored on our first 3 possessions to take a 13-0 lead.

Just felt like being a jerk. :thisbig: BTW the Cowboys scored 10 points in the first quarter of that game and were held to a feild goal in the second quarter. A six point lead at half time in a Superbowl is HARDLY an insurmountable lead...you know like 35 to 3 or something. Neil O'Donnell threw TWO iinterceptions to the SAME cornerback and Dallas' offense (being the capable unit they were) capitalized. O'Donnell gave you guys that one.

infantrycak
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Really....so the offensive pass interference that wasn't called in the "miraculous Hail Mary" from Staubach in the Minnesota game was karmicly balanced out by a certain Cowboy dropping one in the endzone during a Superbowl? makes sense to me.

Well I don't agree there was any offensive pass interference on that play.

And yes the Smith drop was a gift although if everything else had played out the same the game would have gone to OT.

Vinny
01-19-2010, 11:26 AM

yeah, only the Viking homers and Texan fans keep that myth alive apparently. :kitten:

HoustonFrog
01-19-2010, 11:34 AM

Cak, glad you have seen the same thing. Like you said, most I knew loved the Oilers up there. Part of it was Earl but overall they didn't mind rooting for a Texas team in another conference and we had a common enemy in the Steelers. Even a few years back when the Astros were in the W.S. I was visiting family and the guys up there in sports talk were talking up the Stros and talking about what a good franchise they are. It is really tough being here at times when you can't find sports talk that can even be reasonable about the Cowboys. As I said, I've heard whole shows where the Cowboys are hated on and I expect a week from now to still hear jokes about the Boys on the air.

As far as fans causing the issue...the chicken or the egg. It is a vicious circle. If you talk non-stop about the Cowboys, then someone will inevitably respond. I just can't imagine the scenarios I'm hearing though. I can see some co-workers who are aholes and who talk noise. I can see an annoying neighbor or friend growing up. I can see some belligerents in a bar here and there but I have yet to see a situation in any bar in this city (and that is all I used to do for games)where Cowboy fans were waiting to just be as big an ahole as possible to Texans fans. I've seen some fun back and forths but nothing to get this mad over.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 11:34 AM

And yes the Smith drop was a gift although if everything else had played out the same the game would have gone to OT.

You know I don't know if he was just being gracious to Smith or he's being honest but Staubach has always said he threw that ball too hard.

Now we have the mantra "if you touch it you should catch it" but I do remember Roger saying that.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Starstruck is cool. I'm just trying to make sure that she and my mother are never in the same room. They might compile a list of "really nice, church attending" women they want to fix me up with.

And what would be wrong about that? :)

Dread-Head
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
And what would be wrong about that? :)

Ever been around two black mothers when they're trying to set someone up? It's not a democracy...you're told what's best for you and are invariably set up with someone with whom you have NOTHING in common who may or may not bore you to tears. The "good church going girl" I've no issue with.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Ever been around two black mothers when they're trying to set someone up? It's not a democracy...you're told what's best for you and are invariably set up with someone with whom you have NOTHING in common who may or may not bore you to tears. The "good church going girl" I've no issue with.

Ha! I think Star Struck should start working on that right away!

infantrycak
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
You know I don't know if he was just being gracious to Smith or he's being honest but Staubach has always said he threw that ball too hard.

I think he meant he put too much air under it. The pass wasn't in danger of going over Pearson, Pearson had to wait up for it. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o)

WWJD
01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I think he meant he put too much air under it. The pass wasn't in danger of going over Pearson, Pearson had to wait up for it. Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMN1HfQaE5o)

I'm talking about the pass Jackie dropped in the Super Bowl..all alone,sliding. THUD!

infantrycak
01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm talking about the pass Jackie dropped in the Super Bowl..all alone,sliding. THUD!

Ooops. Gotcha. Shame that a Hall of Famer like Smith gets primarily remembered for that moment. Sickest Man in America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbz89jkLq8k)

WWJD
01-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Ooops. Gotcha. Shame that a Hall of Famer like Smith gets primarily remembered for that moment.

Yea it is sad..I think Roger saying that was more Roger just having his back. If I remember right that pass was a very short pass...Roger said he should have lobbed it to him. I think Jackie was totally uncovered.

infantrycak
01-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Yea it is sad..I think Roger saying that was more Roger just having his back. If I remember right that pass was a very short pass...Roger said he should have lobbed it to him. I think Jackie was totally uncovered.

I put a clip in with commentary about it above. Jackie was totally uncovered.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 12:55 PM

Ok thanks. Poor Jackie. I think even Landry cringed when that pass was dropped.

I love watching those old NFL Film shows...hearing the players break down plays like that.

HoustonFrog
01-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Yeah the whole thing was a shame for Jackie and the Boys. What is funny is that I still tell people that it is one of the best SBs and games I have ever watched, even though it happens to be a Cowboy loss. Those games were incredible and the talent levels were off the charts.

WWJD
01-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Yea so many of those old SB's were tremendous games...I remember one with Montana and Cincy I think...great game.

Pittsburgh had some kind of beast back then. The Oilers got screwed that one game. Renfro. Hey! A TCU guy!