View Full Version : smh

Maddict5
01-17-2010, 12:33 PM
apparently there are loads of these sort of things at saintsreport

http://imgur.com/dvlmK.jpg

sad sad saints fans

jaayteetx
01-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Well, i was happy for saints fans....f'em now.

TexanSam
01-17-2010, 12:36 PM
it is kinda true.

Maddict5
01-17-2010, 12:41 PM
it is kinda true.

no it isnt. its a team game. as someone (a neutral) where i found this posted 'if the saints rang to swap bush for mario, the laughter could be heard all the way to the louisiana border'

Mr. White
01-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Saints fans.

It only took Reggie 4 years to cash in on his potential......against the weakest D in the playoffs no less.

They better hope they don't draw Dallas again.

gg no re
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Eh. Bush got RayJ's sloppy seconds. It evens out.

Texan4Ever
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Actually Saints fans, what IS sad is the fact that Reggie Bush hasn't rushed for a 1,000 yards yet whereas LenWhale White has done so.

Lets see Bush try to lead your team minus Drew Brees, huh how bout' that?

Just had to put a pic....

http://www.brown24.com/images/store/sheldon%20brown%20Hit%20on%20Reggie%20Bush%20color ized%20ball%20too.JPG

Maddict5
01-17-2010, 12:56 PM
look at the athleticism. amazing.

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/Maddict5/reggiefail.gif

Ryan
01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
This is laughable. Reggie Bush has done next to nothing this season until yesterday, or pretty much his whole entire career except for making meaningless catches out of the backfield. He was playing 3rd wheel to the great Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas...pfft.

brakos82
01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Everybody knows
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/breesus.gif

DiehardChris
01-17-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL, dumbass Saints fans.

I don't think it works like that. You can't be on the sideline with a slightly bruised vagina for part of the time, be completely ineffective for another part of the time, and show up in a playoff game to justify your ridiculously high draft spot. That's not how that works.

Austrian
01-17-2010, 02:06 PM

LOL Rasehan Mathis ftw! :lol:

hot pickle
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
reggie hasnt helped the saints get there lol they could have done it without him... watch him get shut down hard by the vikings lol

houstonspartan
01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
LOL, dumbass Saints fans.

I don't think it works like that. You can't be on the sideline with a slightly bruised vagina for part of the time, be completely ineffective for another part of the time, and show up in a playoff game to justify your ridiculously high draft spot. That's not how that works.

LOL.

Yeah, Reggie has had one or two good games in his entire career, one of which was yesterday, and they're ready to brand him Walter Payton II.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never been to the pro bowl, no? Those fans love him so much that they never sent him.

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Someone needs to go the the Sanits board and set them straight!!! Probably Elle doing this crap anyway.

thunderkyss
01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
I love Reggie Bush, I always seem to draft him for my fantasy team for what I think is good value, but he is never a lock to start any week. I would like to ask whcih team would not see value in a straight up trade, Reggie Bush for Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush for Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush for Jonathan Stewart, Reggie Bush for Glen Coffee, and finally Reggie Bush for Pierre Thomas.

Reggie is great for what he does, but even a Saints fan has to wonder if they could've done better with that second round pick, AJ Hawk maybe, Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, Haloti Ngata.

Looking back, I have no doubt we did get the best player in that drafþ. That's good enough for me, obviously not for them.

dc_txtech
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM

I just had to quote this.

SheTexan
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I just had to quote this.

Go put that on the Saints board!!

GP
01-17-2010, 08:20 PM
I love Reggie Bush, I always seem to draft him for my fantasy team for what I think is good value, but he is never a lock to start any week. I would like to ask whcih team would not see value in a straight up trade, Reggie Bush for Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush for Thomas Jones, Reggie Bush for Jonathan Stewart, Reggie Bush for Glen Coffee, and finally Reggie Bush for Pierre Thomas.

Reggie is great for what he does, but even a Saints fan has to wonder if they could've done better with that second round pick, AJ Hawk maybe, Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, Haloti Ngata.

Looking back, I have no doubt we did get the best player in that draf■. That's good enough for me, obviously not for them.

Well, at least he was playing in a playoff game.

I don't think either him NOR Mario were the best players in the draft.

If Mario someday becomes a dominant player, I will obviously be thrilled with the pick. Right now, he's not exactly playing at a level (in terms of consistency and production) that makes me think he's better than Reggie Bush. They're practically equal, in my eyes.

They both have spotty, streaky games where they do well. Then disappear for a while.

Mario should be better than what he is right now. In the end, I don't know if he has the goods. Brian Cushing looks like a veteran out there. I wonder if there are just some players who "get it" and some who are freakishly athletic and rely on talent too much. Cushing seems like a guy who has BOTH those attributes: street smarts and talent.

TexanSam
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Someone needs to go the the Sanits board and set them straight!!! Probably Elle doing this crap anyway.

lol someone is still bitter

dc_txtech
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
They're practically equal, in my eyes.

Would you seriously consider trading Mario for Reggie?

A-Mar
01-17-2010, 08:40 PM
the thing that should be said is that year they were almost as bad as us...since then, they've been to the NFC championship game twice now...we still haven't made it to the playoffs :(

Second Honeymoon
01-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Bush has made a lot of plays for the Saints, like it or not. He has had some injury problems that have hurt his numbers, but he is a big part of their offensive package. Dude is a quality weapon when healthy and lets just say he shut up the haters yesterday. In a big way.

People get so enamored with running between the tackles. Who cares? We couldn't even run at all this year, but our team gets a pass. But God forbid a team that actually gets to the playoffs has a player that has had trouble being a traditional running back? why does Bush have to be the kind of RB you think he should be? Geez, the ignorance and inferiority complex some of us Texans fans show is just disheartening. The guy can make plays and has been a big part in the turnaround in NO. Was it just a coincidence that he showed up and they had a good offense? Brees has been the biggest part of the turnaround, no doubt, but to poopoo Bush is to out yourself as a hater.

Bush has been a determining factor in about 6 or 7 wins since he was drafted. How many has Mario been a determining factor in? 3 or 4? So don't act like Mario's ******* don't stink because it does.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Mario than Reggie, but this Haterade that everyone has towards him is just stupid. He is a helluva football player who knows how to make plays. Has he made enough to merit the #2 overall pick? probably not, but neither has Mario. And of that there is no doubt.

Mario flatlines his way through his tough matchups and gets most of his sacks against TEs and RBs. That is a fact. How many times has he beat a decent LT. Not often and generally only when the season is already pretty much over. Why not bring the game all year Mario? Maybe when the games actually count and we aren't living by the skin of our teeth playoff-wise.

Until Mario starts playing up to his draft position, maybe we all shouldn't be so eager to pile on others who have failed to play up to their position (Bush, VY, etc.) Otherwise, games like yesterday just show how little people know about what it takes to actually win and make an impact in football games.

texanhead08
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Congrats to the Saints for drafting a 30 million dollar 3rd down back.

dc_txtech
01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Bush has made a lot of plays for the Saints, like it or not. He has had some injury problems that have hurt his numbers, but he is a big part of their offensive package. Dude is a quality weapon when healthy and lets just say he shut up the haters yesterday. In a big way.

People get so enamored with running between the tackles. Who cares? We couldn't even run at all this year, but our team gets a pass. But God forbid a team that actually gets to the playoffs has a player that has had trouble being a traditional running back? why does Bush have to be the kind of RB you think he should be? Geez, the ignorance and inferiority complex some of us Texans fans show is just disheartening. The guy can make plays and has been a big part in the turnaround in NO. Was it just a coincidence that he showed up and they had a good offense? Brees has been the biggest part of the turnaround, no doubt, but to poopoo Bush is to out yourself as a hater.

Bush has been a determining factor in about 6 or 7 wins since he was drafted. How many has Mario been a determining factor in? 3 or 4? So don't act like Mario's ******* don't stink because it does.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Mario than Reggie, but this Haterade that everyone has towards him is just stupid. He is a helluva football player who knows how to make plays. Has he made enough to merit the #2 overall pick? probably not, but neither has Mario. And of that there is no doubt.

Mario flatlines his way through his tough matchups and gets most of his sacks against TEs and RBs. That is a fact. How many times has he beat a decent LT. Not often and generally only when the season is already pretty much over. Why not bring the game all year Mario? Maybe when the games actually count and we aren't living by the skin of our teeth playoff-wise.

Until Mario starts playing up to his draft position, maybe we all shouldn't be so eager to pile on others who have failed to play up to their position (Bush, VY, etc.) Otherwise, games like yesterday just show how little people know about what it takes to actually win and make an impact in football games.

First of all let me say that you are right in the fact that Bush is a pretty good player and we Texans fans probably hate on him a little too much because of the crap we went through with the 2006 draft.

But to say "Was it just a coincidence that he showed up and they had a good offense?", is just crazy. They brought in a new coach who was known as an offensive guru, Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Jhari Evans, and Deuce Mcallister came back healthy. So yes it probably was a coincidence that the offense got better when Reggie got there. Not to mention that Aaron "freakin" Brooks and Todd "who the F" Bouman were their QB's in 2005.

Mario Williams has averaged 10 sacks a season in his first 4 years in the league on a defense that has no other pass rushers and little to no pass coverage. He played his first season on a bum foot and this past season with a bad shoulder, yet he has not missed one game in his career. Julius Peppers who we all agree should have been taken instead of Carr had 1 more sack than Mario through his first 4 years. What did you expect out of the guy? 15-20 sacks a season?

Mario flatlines his way through important games and only gets sacks against TE's and Rb's? That's a fact? RUkiddingme? I don't know where this perception (lie) that I've heard so much (not just from you) came from. Most people on this site look to the 4 game in conference losing streak as the demise of our season, Mario had sacks in 3/4 of those games. He also had a sack the last game of the year when playoffs were possibly on the line. He sacked Manning twice and got Brady in a CRUCIAL situation. Maybe some people just like to see TD runs, but I like to see Tom Brady throwing the ball to Bernard Pollard because Mario Williams is 6 inches from ripping his face off. Mario had an effect on a lot more plays than he got sacks on.

The kicker is that RB's don't last as long and don't get paid as much as DE's. The pay order and IMO importance order goes QB, LT, DE,...........RB. They don't last long and are not as well payed as DE's for a reason IMO.

So instead of telling all us "ignorant" Texans fans with "inferiority complexes" how wrong we are, why don't you tell us who you would have taken over Mario.

b0ng
01-18-2010, 12:46 AM
First of all let me say that you are right in the fact that Bush is a pretty good player and we Texans fans probably hate on him a little too much because of the crap we went through with the 2006 draft.

But to say "Was it just a coincidence that he showed up and they had a good offense?", is just crazy. They brought in a new coach who was known as an offensive guru, Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Jhari Evans, and Deuce Mcallister came back healthy. So yes it probably was a coincidence that the offense got better when Reggie got there. Not to mention that Aaron "freakin" Brooks and Todd "who the F" Bouman were their QB's in 2005.

Mario Williams has averaged 10 sacks a season in his first 4 years in the league on a defense that has no other pass rushers and little to no pass coverage. He played his first season on a bum foot and this past season with a bad shoulder, yet he has not missed one game in his career. Julius Peppers who we all agree should have been taken instead of Carr had 1 more sack than Mario through his first 4 years. What did you expect out of the guy? 15-20 sacks a season?

Mario flatlines his way through important games and only gets sacks against TE's and Rb's? That's a fact? RUkiddingme? I don't know where this perception (lie) that I've heard so much (not just from you) came from. Most people on this site look to the 4 game in conference losing streak as the demise of our season, Mario had sacks in 3/4 of those games. He also had a sack the last game of the year when playoffs were possibly on the line. He sacked Manning twice and got Brady in a CRUCIAL situation. Maybe some people just like to see TD runs, but I like to see Tom Brady throwing the ball to Bernard Pollard because Mario Williams is 6 inches from ripping his face off. Mario had an effect on a lot more plays than he got sacks on.

The kicker is that RB's don't last as long and don't get paid as much as DE's. The pay order and IMO importance order goes QB, LT, DE,...........RB. They don't last long and are not as well payed as DE's for a reason IMO.

So instead of telling all us "ignorant" Texans fans with "inferiority complexes" how wrong we are, why don't you tell us who you would have taken over Mario.

Just relax. Long winded walls of text aren't going to do anything. Just think of them like they are an Eagles fan deep down, who just happens to "love" Texans, and screw you for questioning their fandom because they are a "little" negative.

thunderkyss
01-18-2010, 12:52 AM

As much as I wish Mario was our Julius Peppers, right now, there is no comparison. His first couple of years in the league, Julius Peppers was a beast. He mauled opposing Linemen, & TEs & RBs were no match at all for Peppers. If you got a TE on him, count the sack.

Of course it's hard to remember way back when, but that's my memory of Peppers. Of course he had a lot more help than Mario has had... but that's no excuse.

Mario was a beast in the Seattle game, & if it weren't for that game, I'd probably give him the pass, with his "shoulder injury," but he was dominate for a good bit, if not all of that game. If he could do that for that game, why couldn't he blow up on somebody at least once in every other game? Just once?

I'm still happy with Mario as our #1 overall pick, don't get me wrong. But not missing a game don't mean squat, if you're just there. I know he played well all year, I'm not saying he didn't. But his 1 sack less than JP is a very quite 1 sack less than JP.... if you know what I mean.

:cow:

Mike Kerns
01-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Wow, one good game against a horrendous defense and all of a sudden the Mario vs Reggie debate is back on? Let's see what he does against an actual good defense this weekend against The Vikes.

Thorn
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Going to the Pro Bowl?

Mario - Yes
Reggie - no
Vince - no

HOU-TEX
01-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Ugh, it'll never end. I'm one that really could care less about this little debate, but the fact is, Bush will probably be out of the league when Mario is in his prime. The dude's knees are just about burnt up now. Just think what it'll be in a couple years.

Myself, being a defensive guy, Bush/Mario has never been an issue. I'd still be happy with Mario even if Bush was actually worth what he was hyped up to be.

Admittedly, Bush can be dynamic at times, but Mario has tons more upside and is a good person to boot. Bush has been over-hyped and overrated since day one in the NFL.

DeMarCushPoll
01-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Has there been any word as to whether Mario will have to undergo surgery to repair his shoulder? I havn't heard anything on that subject.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Has there been any word as to whether Mario will have to undergo surgery to repair his shoulder? I havn't heard anything on that subject.

There's been no definite answer, but Kubiak made this comment about injuries a while back. Sounds like Mario might have a scope to clean it out. Seems like there was a lot of shoulder problems this season.

(on who will have surgery in the offseason) "(TE) Joel (Dreessen) has to have surgery on his shoulder. That will take place here, I think, sometime next week. I think most of these surgeries are scheduled for next week. (C Chris) Myers, yes, shoulder for Myers. (T) Duane Brown is going to have his knee scoped. I don't know about (T) Eric (Winston). I haven't been told about Eric. (LB Brian) Cushing's fine, he just needs a nice healing process, so he needs a lot of rest, but there will be no surgeries that I know of as of this point for Cushing. I think they're still in an evaluation process with (DE Mario Williams' shoulder), but there's probably going to be a scope at some point."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6003

DeMarCushPoll
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
There's been no definite answer, but Kubiak made this comment about injuries a while back. Sounds like Mario might have a scope to clean it out. Seems like there was a lot of shoulder problems this season.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6003

I hope Cush does the right thing and takes the time to heal properly. I understand he's a gym rat.

HOU-TEX
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I hope Cush does the right thing and takes the time to heal properly. I understand he's a gym rat.

Yeah, he made comments admitting he was going to have to take some time off. He's got the Pro Bowl coming up in a couple weeks. Hopefully he'll shut'er down for a good 2-3 weeks afterwards.

TimeKiller
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, he made comments admitting he was going to have to take some time off. He's got the Pro Bowl coming up in a couple weeks. Hopefully he'll shut'er down for a good 2-3 weeks afterwards.

Not that we're on the same planet or anything but I tweaked my knee a while back and have let it rest for a solid 4 months. I know Cush doesn't have that kind of time and probably doesn't need it but the rest has been absolutely what I needed, hopefully a month or so with the hyberbaric chamber has him ready to rededicate himself to the monster we know and love.

Brando
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
He started 8 games, 70 rushing attempts for 390 yards. Sure he "helped" but it's all about Breesus.

b0ng
01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
It's a retarded circular debate.

What will be hilarious is if Bush decides he doesn't want to re-negotiate his contract and gets cut from the Saints this off-season.

utahmark
01-18-2010, 02:23 PM
As much as I wish Mario was our Julius Peppers, right now, there is no comparison. His first couple of years in the league, Julius Peppers was a beast. He mauled opposing Linemen, & TEs & RBs were no match at all for Peppers. If you got a TE on him, count the sack.

Of course it's hard to remember way back when, but that's my memory of Peppers. Of course he had a lot more help than Mario has had... but that's no excuse.

Mario was a beast in the Seattle game, & if it weren't for that game, I'd probably give him the pass, with his "shoulder injury," but he was dominate for a good bit, if not all of that game. If he could do that for that game, why couldn't he blow up on somebody at least once in every other game? Just once?

I'm still happy with Mario as our #1 overall pick, don't get me wrong. But not missing a game don't mean squat, if you're just there. I know he played well all year, I'm not saying he didn't. But his 1 sack less than JP is a very quite 1 sack less than JP.... if you know what I mean.

:cow:

apparantly he only did that one more time than mario over the first 4 years of their careers.

GP
01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Would you seriously consider trading Mario for Reggie?

Before this season, I would have said "Absolutely not."

Now? I'm at least open to the idea.

The problem is that Mario would go to the Saints and probably become what he SHOULD BE for us. He'd take it as a slight, and he'd probably turn on the jets and finally become somebody.

If this were Fantasy Land, and you can switch the two players...then I wonder what success Reggie Bush would have with our offense. Jacoby Jones seems to be a similarly-talented player: Once he gets into open space, he's elusive and hard to get an angle on (most times, at least).

I just think Mario and Reggie are almost similar in terms of their talent level, potential, and what they've done with it thus far. Reggie has benefited from being on a knock-out offense with a QB who is a step above our own when it comes to getting his team over the hump. We should have made a bigger play for Brees back when he was available, but I think he wasn't even looking at us anyways.

b0ng
01-18-2010, 04:12 PM

The problem is that Mario would go to the Saints and probably become what he SHOULD BE for us. He'd take it as a slight, and he'd probably turn on the jets and finally become somebody.

If this were Fantasy Land, and you can switch the two players...then I wonder what success Reggie Bush would have with our offense. Jacoby Jones seems to be a similarly-talented player: Once he gets into open space, he's elusive and hard to get an angle on (most times, at least).

I just think Mario and Reggie are almost similar in terms of their talent level, potential, and what they've done with it thus far. Reggie has benefited from being on a knock-out offense with a QB who is a step above our own when it comes to getting his team over the hump. We should have made a bigger play for Brees back when he was available, but I think he wasn't even looking at us anyways.

You don't think Slaton can do things that Bush can?

If our team traded Mario for Bush straight up, I'd be a little miffed. Mostly because Bush is not a guy that you could build your offense around at all, where as you know that Mario is utilized very heavily for the Texans defense. People don't gameplan around Reggie Bush. Players don't take Reggie Bush to breakfast at the pro-bowl in hopes that he doesn't smush them in a game next season. Reggie Bush has even come out and stated that he did more photoshoots and commercials in an off season than he should've and it effected his game the next season.

But mostly I'd be miffed the Texans traded a player who see's what, 85% of the snaps on defense for a guy who could barely get half of that on offense (it's probably way less than half counting games where Bush was out due to injury).

4Texans
01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
It's a retarded circular debate.

What will be hilarious is if Bush decides he doesn't want to re-negotiate his contract and gets cut from the Saints this off-season.

Yes! Would you pay him $8 mill this year?

b0ng
01-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes! Would you pay him $8 mill this year?

Uhhhhhhhhhh hell no. And I would pay Mario $8 Million this year, call me crazy.

Mike Kerns
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks, Maddict5, for finding this picture. I used it in my new article over at Battle Red Blog.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/1/19/1258880/for-some-reason-unfortunately-the

b0ng
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
What's funny is there's a mouth-breather on the main board who basically says:

"Reggie is in the playoffs and Mario isn't, therefore Reggie > Mario"

If Bush was on the Texans he probably would've been crucified by now.

Mike Kerns
01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
What's funny is there's a mouth-breather on the main board who basically says:

"Reggie is in the playoffs and Mario isn't, therefore Reggie > Mario"

If Bush was on the Texans he probably would've been crucified by now.

Well, David Carr made the playoffs last year. I guess that means he is better than Mario, too.

What ***** logic...he must work for ESPN.

b0ng
01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Well, David Carr made the playoffs last year. I guess that means he is better than Mario, too.

What ***** logic...he must work for ESPN.

I think going by that logic, as long as David Carr threw a pass for positive yardage once then yeah, because you can just ignore regular season performance if their team makes it to the playoffs.

BigBull17
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Then thank God you aren't Rick Smith.

Texanmike02
01-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I think what Mario has done is crazy. He is getting sacks on QB's who, for the most part, have the opportunity to step up into the pocket every time. Sacks are a terrible number anyway. He is getting constant pressure. The QB is aware of him on every play... W/O Mario, our DB's look even worse than they have. Those "almost" sacks are huge completions instead of checkdowns.

Reggie is growing up, but he's not a game changer 30 plays a game. Mario has had zilch from the guys playing next to him, and until this year he's played with below average-average LBs. Reggie plays on an offense that is LOADED with stars...

How many RB's are in or above Reggies class? A BUNCH. How many DEs are in or above Mario's class? 1 maybe 2 MAYBE 4 but very few are as good against the run AND double digit sack artists/pressure kings.

Mike

Blake
01-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Let me start off by saying that anyone who would trade Mario for Reggie is mentally disturbed.

But in response to this thread, that is what fans do. They spin stuff to make it look favorable for them. Comparing Reggie to Mario would be like Michigan going 1-10 but the win is against Ohio State who goes onto a BCS game. The Michigan fan is going to focus on that one game, while the Buckeyes are going to point to the overall record and the bowl game.

Yeah it doest make much sense but it makes them feel good. :P

b0ng
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
After talking to some real Saints fans I came away with this:

Also, saintsreport forums are probably the worst place. I don't know of many other Saints-specific forums, but I am usually overwhelmed with the delusional homerism that goes on over there. Then again, I could just as easily say, "I don't know of many other [insert team, any team in any sport]-specific forums, but I am usually overwhelmed with the delusional homerism that goes on over there."

Many Saints Report posters are bipolar as ****. As soon as the Dallas game was over you'd have thought the consensus of Saints fans would've been to tank the rest of the season for a higher pick.

Any game where Bush makes a big play is followed by 18 thread on how Bush is finally turning the corner. If he doesn't have a great game you get 18 that crucify him.

So basically yeah, while they may have their decent posters there, it's mostly people who are ridiculous over the top with their homerism that really and truly believe that Bush > Mario.

brakos82
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
After talking to some real Saints fans I came away with this:

So basically yeah, while they may have their decent posters there, it's mostly people who are ridiculous over the top with their homerism that really and truly believe that Bush > Mario.

Sounds like the HT.com boards. :kitten:

b0ng
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Sounds like the HT.com boards. :kitten:

Pfffffffftttttt.

I dare you to read this and not punch a baby (http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=16376).

Mike Kerns
01-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Pfffffffftttttt.

I dare you to read this and not punch a baby (http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=16376).

I got to about page two and I couldn't take it anymore...

<Punches baby>

b0ng
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I got to about page two and I couldn't take it anymore...

<Punches baby>

But I totally gave you a shout-out on the 3rd page! You must've just missed it.

EDIT: Are you free for babysitting on Saturday? I have a baby that is in dire need of your "expertise".

JWarren14
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Guess that Running Back:

A)
Year 1 - Total Offense: 1,307 yards on 243 touches = 5.38 yards per touch
Year 2 - Total Offense: 998 yards on 230 touches = 4.33 yards per touch
Total: 2,305 yards on 473 touches = 4.87 yards per touch 14 total TDs

B)
Year 1 - Total Offense: 1,659 yards on 318 touches = 5.22 yards per touch
Year 2 - Total Offense: 854 yards on 175 touches = 4.88 yards per touch
Total: 2,513 yards on 493 touches = 5.09 yards per touch 17 total TDs

Guess that PR (First 3 years of career):

A)
Total - 51 returns 498 yards 9.76 average 4 TDs

B)
Total - 101 returns 1098 yards 10.87 average 2 TDs

b0ng
01-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Guess that Running Back:

A)
Year 1 - Total Offense: 1,307 yards on 243 touches = 5.38 yards per touch
Year 2 - Total Offense: 998 yards on 230 touches = 4.33 yards per touch
Total: 2,305 yards on 473 touches = 4.87 yards per touch 14 total TDs

B)
Year 1 - Total Offense: 1,659 yards on 318 touches = 5.22 yards per touch
Year 2 - Total Offense: 854 yards on 175 touches = 4.88 yards per touch
Total: 2,513 yards on 493 touches = 5.09 yards per touch 17 total TDs

Guess that PR (First 3 years of career):

A)
Total - 51 returns 498 yards 9.76 average 4 TDs

B)
Total - 101 returns 1098 yards 10.87 average 2 TDs

RB1 is Bush RB2 is Slaton

As far as the PR Goes

I'm going to guess that the first is Bush and the second is Jacoby?

HOU-TEX
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
RB1 is Bush RB2 is Slaton

As far as the PR Goes

I'm going to guess that the first is Bush and the second is Jacoby?

I'd guess the first is JJ due to how many times we've seen him run to Momma.

b0ng
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd guess the first is JJ due to how many times we've seen him run to Momma.

Bush had a 3 TD from PR's in 2008. Add in 1 this past weekend and you get 4. Jacoby has only run in (according to NFL stats) twice in his career as near as I can tell. None in 2007, 2 in 2008, none in 2009.

EDIT: Jacoby had a KR in 2009 for a TD, but JWarren specified PR's so I figured that's why Jacoby has only 2.

HuttoKarl
01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd love for Reggie Bush to be a Texan for a proper paycheck...New Orleans is paying him money for Adrian Peterson/Chris Johnson production and getting Selvin Young yardage out of him. He'd be a nice weapon, but you can't count on him to carry the load by any means.

HOU-TEX
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Bush had a 3 TD from PR's in 2008. Add in 1 this past weekend and you get 4. Jacoby has only run in (according to NFL stats) twice in his career as near as I can tell. None in 2007, 2 in 2008, none in 2009.

EDIT: Jacoby had a KR in 2009 for a TD, but JWarren specified PR's so I figured that's why Jacoby has only 2.

You're right. :)

JWarren14
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Reggie Bush is basically Steve Slaton with a return game

A in both was Bush RB2 was SS and PR2 was JJ

I'm hoping Steve can bounce back and have a big year next year.

Reggie>Mario is hard to compare NO's offense has been pretty good the past few years where Mario has been playing pretty well on a pretty poor defense the past few years.

I wonder what it would be like if Reggie was part of a Raiders type offense and Mario a Vikings type defense. I read it earlier, it's a team game not an indvidual game.

Plus thier division doesn't have Peyton Manning they have Andre Woodson.

Double Barrel
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
This debate again??? :um:

I'd take VY over Bush. And I'd take Mario over either of them. :evil:

Texans#1Fan
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, its funny how bush can sit the sidelines most of the year each year and still get the recogonition of being a top back. Thats BS!!! He is not even a starter cause he cannot perform like other backs who never were drafted high. If you ask my opinion we made the right choice in that draft. Bush is not that good of a back. He maybe can leap over lineman but when it comes to pounding the ball in the middle he is nowhere to be found except on the bench.

b0ng
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Quick, how many top RB's are asked to return kicks?

JWarren14
01-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Quick, how many top RB's are asked to return kicks?

None?

b0ng
01-19-2010, 05:52 PM
None?

Bingo.

JB
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM

A in both was Bush RB2 was SS and PR2 was JJ

I'm hoping Steve can bounce back and have a big year next year.

Reggie>Mario is hard to compare NO's offense has been pretty good the past few years where Mario has been playing pretty well on a pretty poor defense the past few years.

I wonder what it would be like if Reggie was part of a Raiders type offense and Mario a Vikings type defense. I read it earlier, it's a team game not an indvidual game.

Plus thier division doesn't have Peyton Manning they have Andre Woodson.

Who?

b0ng
01-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Who?

He's probably trying to think of TB's quarterback which I don't fault him for forgetting. But I thinkh e was trying to say "Josh Freeman".

JWarren14
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
He's probably trying to think of TB's quarterback which I don't fault him for forgetting. But I thinkh e was trying to say "Josh Freeman".

Yep I meant Josh Freeman not Andre Woodson. Andre Woodson of Kentucky vs Josh Freeman of Kansas State....my bad!

Easily mistaken:

http://i48.tinypic.com/9bc8r7.jpg

Ole Miss Texan
01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
*I'd rather use a 3rd rounder on Slaton than a #2 overall on Bush.
*I'd rather pay Slaton $500K a year than pay Bush $9MM a year.

*I'd rather have Bush as my 3rd down back (and punt returner) if the contracts were identical.

*I wouldn't trade Mario Williams for Reggie Bush.

I'm done with the whole debate. I'd still take Mario over Reggie or Vince. But I can definitely say Reggie is a dynamic player that REALLY DOES create mismatches. Would I rather have Reggie as a 3rd down back over Slaton? Yes... but at what price? Definitely NOT $25MM guaranteed. Reggie has more moves, is quicker, is faster and quite frankly more fun to watch than Slaton. Slaton can get caught from behind on long runs... reggie has an extra gear where there's no catching him. Reggie is starting to show the ability to run between the tackles. Key word: starting to. Slaton is already good at it. But we're talking about as a 3rd down back... Bush > Slaton.

But its a moot point. Mario is on this team and I'm glad for it. Slaton is on this team and I'm glad for it. Bush is in a great situation in New Orleans... he's probably more valuable to the Saints than Slaton would be. He could be more valuable to their offense than Mario would be for their defense. We're different teams, with different styles, with different needs. I like the players we picked for our team just as N.O. likes the players they picked for theirs... I think its a win-win... sometimes in this world there is such a thing.

BigTimeTexanFan
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Had to do this.

Bush:
7 rushes for eight yards
He did have two receptions for 33 yards and a touchdown, but he also muffed a punt.

Point: He will have a good game here and there but I'm happy with Mario. Dude is an every down player and is a staple on our defense.

HOU-TEX
01-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Had to do this.

Bush:
7 rushes for eight yards
He did have two receptions for 33 yards and a touchdown, but he also muffed a punt.

Point: He will have a good game here and there but I'm happy with Mario. Dude is an every down player and is a staple on our defense.

Nah, you really didn't

Texan_Bill
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
:gun:

Texan_Bill
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Had to do this.

Bush:
7 rushes for eight yards

Point: He will have a good game here and there

That's certainly worth $60 million..... $26 mill. garaunteed. :rolleyes:

dschneider
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07ruexY6kKeRe/x610.jpg

AnthonyE
01-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I think what Mario has done is crazy. He is getting sacks on QB's who, for the most part, have the opportunity to step up into the pocket every time. Sacks are a terrible number anyway. He is getting constant pressure. The QB is aware of him on every play... W/O Mario, our DB's look even worse than they have. Those "almost" sacks are huge completions instead of checkdowns.

QFT. For the last 30 or so minutes I've been looking for some QB Hurries statistics. I know Mario has had tons of hurries this past year, and I venture to say that a lot of our 14 or so interceptions were a result of mario hurrying the QB.

I haven't found those stats yet, so if anyone knows where they could be, I'd really appreciate if you could post the link. :)

Texanmike02
01-25-2010, 11:41 PM
QFT. For the last 30 or so minutes I've been looking for some QB Hurries statistics. I know Mario has had tons of hurries this past year, and I venture to say that a lot of our 14 or so interceptions were a result of mario hurrying the QB.

I haven't found those stats yet, so if anyone knows where they could be, I'd really appreciate if you could post the link. :)

I had found some a while back, but they are not official stats.. I'll look back (it was before the boards merged) and see if I can find a reliable source.

Mike

infantrycak
01-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Profootballfocus.com has Mario in 3rd on QB hits with 17 (1st in the AFC) and 10th on pressures with 29 (4th in AFC behind 3rd AFC DE Antonio Smith with 30). They also keep a stops statistic defined as plays which are offensive failures which includes sacks. Mario was 4th in the league on stops (1st in the AFC) with 35 stops.

JB
01-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Profootballfocus.com has Mario in 3rd on QB hits with 17 (1st in the AFC) and 10th on pressures with 29 (4th in AFC behind 3rd AFC DE Antonio Smith with 30). They also keep a stops statistic defined as plays which are offensive failures which includes sacks. Mario was 4th in the league on stops (1st in the AFC) with 35 stops.

Looks like he was doing his part... I wonder how he would have done without the shoulder injury and if he gave 100% all the time.

False Start
01-26-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Houston+Texans+v+New+Orleans+Saints+CXjCyQlOyJVl.j pg

Ruck Feggie!

HuttoKarl
01-26-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Houston+Texans+v+New+Orleans+Saints+CXjCyQlOyJVl.j pg

Ruck Feggie!

Two of the many draft picks from that year crushing the most overrated of all of the picks. I love that photo.

False Start
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Two of the many draft picks from that year crushing the most overrated of all of the picks. I love that photo.

Yep, its a great piece of photography!

AnthonyE
01-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Awesome. Thanks for finding it. :)

Second Honeymoon
01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I couldn't believe the Superdome was sold out. I didn't know you could buy tickets with food stamps and government handouts.

I can't wait till Peyton whoops them upside the head with the ugly stick. The Saints played dirty and got away with it against Favre. You can't pull that stuff on Peyton. It will be a 15yard march right down the field.

Screw the Saints and their no class fans.