PDA

View Full Version : Colts conversative?

thunderkyss
01-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm asking any one who saw the game. Do you think the Colts called off the dogs off after opening a 17-3 lead in the first half, they only scored 3 points in the second half.

The Pencil Neck
01-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm asking any one who saw the game. Do you think the Colts called off the dogs off after opening a 17-3 lead in the first half, they only scored 3 points in the second half.

They became the Texans.

disaacks3
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM

Definitely. Peyton appeared to cut down on risky throws and though their running game couldndn't do too much, it allowed them to burn clock. The Colts defense looked better than they have all year. I think Manning would have gone 100% aerial if needed, but he was taking some shots.

ChampionTexan
01-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Two thoughts:

Perhaps they did call off the dogs just a bit, but they were up two TD's on a team that had completed 4 passes the week before, and who hadn't shown any offense at all in their 6 quarters of playoff football. If this is what they did, it also worked, as even at only three points, they still outscored the Ravens in the second half.

More likely, they were just playing a good defense who slowed them down. The first half was 3-3 most of the time, and it was only late that the Colts posted the two TD's. Even the first half scores were the results of a 4th down conversion they made by inches, and an incredibly bad possession by the Ravens that gave Peyton and the Colts the ball back with good field position and almost two minutes to go in the half. I would say what the Colts did the second half was very much the same as what they did the first half, save for the last few minutes of the second quarter.

whiskeyrbl
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
they became the texans.

lol

WWJD
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I watched a majority of that game and it just never appeared to me that the game was anything but the Colts to win.

I never felt the Ravens were much of a threat. And they made a HUGE mistake giving Peyton the ball right there before the half. Even with a small amount of time on the clock that's football suicide.

thunderkyss
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion. To me the play calling was pretty much the same, the Colts just seemed to have lost their rhythm. They still threw the ball down field & didn't seem to try to force the run. I think Baltimore stepped it up on defense, even though the box score looks like the Colts turned it off.

4Texans
01-17-2010, 02:29 PM

Could be, but regardless of whether or not it was intentional they just didn't look like the same offense.

thunderkyss
01-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Could be, but regardless of whether or not it was intentional they just didn't look like the same offense.

I understand that, just want to get an idea of what guys on this board mean by "calling off the dogs"

Like you said, they were different, but I don't think it was the play calling that changed. Did the Ravens adjust after half time, and the Colts didn't?

I think so. Then, what does that say about the Colts?

4Texans
01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I understand that, just want to get an idea of what guys on this board mean by "calling off the dogs"

Like you said, they were different, but I don't think it was the play calling that changed. Did the Ravens adjust after half time, and the Colts didn't?

I think so. Then, what does that say about the Colts?

I think they got a little conservative on offense, and tried to eat up some clock, while the Ravens made some changes on D and became more aggressive.