PDA

View Full Version : QB coach

badboy
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Kubiac can handle this but I want him focused more on the team. What about hiring Major Applewhite? He did have a good career with UT and could be a great influence on Orslovky. Muschamp is Longhorn heir apparent & I think Applewhite coming to Texans would be good for all.

nero THE zero
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder if promoting someone from within is something they might be interested in. Offensive Assistant, Matt LaFleur, was a college QB, coached QB's at Ashland and Northern Michigan (in addition to running the offense), and assisted Shanahan with the QB's last season.

He seems like the likely candidate to promote from within, if they feel he's ready.

El Tejano
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Kubiac can handle this but I want him focused more on the team. What about hiring Major Applewhite? He did have a good career with UT and could be a great influence on Orslovky. Muschamp is Longhorn heir apparent & I think Applewhite coming to Texans would be good for all.

I believe Tennessee Vols are going to make a run at him.

Goldensilence
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Musgrave seems like a logical candidate after working with Schaub in Atl, but I don't know his contract situation.

Don't know about LaFleur, but seems like a good answer just to go ahead and promote within if you're satisfied with the staff situation.

I was wondering who Tennessee would go after. Muchamp would be a good candidate but, I think he'll be difficult to pry away from Texas. He's in line for one of the best coaching Gigs in the nation and benefits from Brown's exceptional recruiting classes.

I wonder what the chances would be they try and rehire Fulmer.

badboy
01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Musgrave seems like a logical candidate after working with Schaub in Atl, but I don't know his contract situation.

Don't know about LaFleur, but seems like a good answer just to go ahead and promote within if you're satisfied with the staff situation.

I was wondering who Tennessee would go after. Muchamp would be a good candidate but, I think he'll be difficult to pry away from Texas. He's in line for one of the best coaching Gigs in the nation and benefits from Brown's exceptional recruiting classes.

I wonder what the chances would be they try and rehire Fulmer.I agree and appreciate the info on LaFleur from other poster. I think Applewhite will be a great coach and although Musgrave has been identified as Brown's replacement, I don't see him retiring soon. Musgrave may eventually decide to go elswhere but he gets a cool million now at a great school. Why leave. Major is young and I could see him getting NFL experience while waiting for a promotion at Texas or another NFL team. I had Musgrave as Texans OC and think QB coach not on his horizon.

SAMURAITEXAN
01-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Badoboy, I agree that we should look for QB coach which allows Kubiak to focus on HC duties.

Go Texans!!!

nero THE zero
01-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Well, so much for that theory:

Texans offensive assistant Matt LaFleur is interviewing for a job with the Washington Redskins.

LaFleur spent his two seasons with the Texans assisting with the receivers in 2008 and the quarterbacks in 2009.

LaFleur, 29, worked closely with former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, who resigned to accept the same position with his father, new Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

The Texans replaced Shanahan this week with Denver offensive line coach Rick Dennison, who'll be the offensive coordinator and call the plays.

Wolf
01-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Well, so much for that theory:

yep .. linky (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/texans-offensive-assistant-int.html?wprss=redskinsinsider)

PHAROAH
01-17-2010, 04:42 AM
I like the offensive coordinator hire which is from within.