PDA

View Full Version : Any Of You Cookers Doing The H& Club's Cookoff?

Drew_Smoke
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Just curious if any of you do the competition thing. Its this weekend at the (Bear Creek Park) Farm & Ranch Club. Last year had over 100 teams enter.

Texan_Bill
01-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Just curious if any of you do the competition thing. Its this weekend at the (Bear Creek Park) Farm & Ranch Club. Last year had over 100 teams enter.

Are you referring to the "Hold 'em and Hit 'em" Club??

Drew_Smoke
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes sir...you comin'??

I see I butchered off an "H"..lol

Texan_Bill
01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes sir...you comin'??

I see I butchered off an "H"..lol

That's why I asked. Yes, I'll be there but not to cook. I'm there to drink errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eat. My buddy usually works the gate until around noon / 1:00(ish) and that's when I get there.

dc_txtech
01-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I usually make it out to the competitions in the Austin area. I doubt if too many Houston guys make it out this far but there is no better time than drinking beer and cooking brisket all weekend.

Hardcore Texan
01-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I usually make it out to the competitions in the Austin area. I doubt if too many Houston guys make it out this far but there is no better time than drinking beer and cooking brisket all weekend.

Mmmm........beer......:homer:

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 09:53 AM
That's why I asked. Yes, I'll be there but not to cook. I'm there to drink errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr eat. My buddy usually works the gate until around noon / 1:00(ish) and that's when I get there.

Kewl man...wear yer furry red hat so I can spot ya.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Kewl man...wear yer furry red hat so I can spot ya.

:thinking: Yeah................. Not so much. :lol:

(furry red hat compliments of TxDavid)

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
:thinking: Yeah................. Not so much. :lol:

(furry red hat compliments of TxDavid)

LOL...well you'll be able to spot us...we'll be the small group with the kick arse 'cue in the orange shirts.. Brotha From Anotha Motha Cookers.

Ask somebody for Drew....I'll have a beer & a rib for ya.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL...well you'll be able to spot us...we'll be the small group with the kick arse 'cue in the orange shirts.. Brotha From Anotha Motha Cookers.

Ask somebody for Drew....I'll have a beer & a rib for ya.

Right on.... I talked to my buddy (who is a member of H&H) that works the gate. He's workin' until about 2:00 this year. I'll be there shortly thereafter.

I like my beer cold and my ribs tasty... ;)

Joe Texan
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Bill why you gonna eat your buddy?

Maybe a Joe Texan Sighting

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Bill why you gonna eat your buddy?

Maybe a Joe Texan Sighting

You wanna go?? I'll be there with Gibbs.

hobie
01-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I used to go there, and it was always a good time !! Now I sponsor a group at the HLS&R and now I go there.. Those parties at the F&R club are sick

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I did see Joe on the our guest list....and with you and the FILOs it'll be like Christmas all over again.

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
I used to go there, and it was always a good time !! Now I sponsor a group at the HLS&R and now I go there.. Those parties at the F&R club are sick

This is our first year and we are trying to get off of the porch and run with the big dawgs.

I pretty much just sponsor too..the cook likes it when I stay out of the way. I just pay for stuff and stand around like a rock star giving it all away....lol

If any of you out there cook at the rodeo and are selling arm bands for saturday night I am interested. I promise to bring women and will behave. They may not behave(hopefully) but I will be good.

hobie
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
This is our first year and we are trying to get off of the porch and run with the big dawgs.

I pretty much just sponsor too..the cook likes it when I stay out of the way. I just pay for stuff and stand around like a rock star giving it all away....lol

If any of you out there cook at the rodeo and are selling arm bands for saturday night I am interested. I promise to bring women and will behave. They may not behave(hopefully) but I will be good.

I will keep you in mind if I come across some. Being a sponsor and a team member, I have the opportunity to secure more... Last year I ended up giving about 5-6 away to people just walking the grounds out there...

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Kewl, Hobie. We'll be grateful.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
The guy that's a member of the "H&H" club and I'm meeting at 2:00 is also a Lifetime Member of HLS&R, so I pretty so I pretty much get into the tents that he wants to get into. :)

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
The guy that's a member of the "H&H" club and I'm meeting at 2:00 is also a Lifetime Member of HLS&R, so I pretty so I pretty much get into the tents that he wants to get into. :)

That doesn't suck. I have to go where the gals get us into.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 12:54 PM
That doesn't suck. I have to go where the gals get us into.

So, pretty much anywhere.

Drew_Smoke
01-14-2010, 01:18 PM
So, pretty much anywhere.

LOL...well they've grown up from Hussies to MILFs to fixin' to be GILFs.

Joe Texan
01-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Yea Bill I will call you if I can make it, your house Saturday round 1ish

Texan_Bill
01-14-2010, 01:23 PM
LOL...well they've grown up from Hussies to MILFs to fixin' to be GILFs.
I may wanna party with you Cowboy!! :)

Yea Bill I will call you if I can make it, your house Saturday round 1ish
Sounds good man!

hobie
01-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but at the HLS&R cookoff, go to either the Maverick Kookers or Stock and Stolon tents...both are great times, from what I remember....

Drew_Smoke
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Just a quick recap...

Cold as sheet...

Johnny Trigg had my wife all tongue tied...lol. It was like he was Bon Jovi or somethin'.

Didn't place in any categories but it was a great event.

Brotha From Anotha Motha Cookers will be there in '11.

Hardcore Texan
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Where do you get the info about ones around Austin, I wouldn't mind going to check some out. I would really like to compete one day, at least in the smaller events.

Hardcore Texan
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
I found these sites.

http://www.lonestarbarbecue.com/home.htm

http://www.ctbahome.com/Calendar.htm