PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent DL possibility?

El Tejano
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Free Agent idea.

Just wanting to know what peoples thoughts are about our DT position if we were to move Antonio Smith inside permanently and sign a guy like Aaron Kampman as a DE. Do you think this could make for a good DL? Kampman is a guy that was kind of thrown out of place by having to cover and be a LB in the 3-4. However, when his hand was down in the dirt he was very productive as a DE.

That could give you a DL of

M.Williams S.Cody A.Smith A.Kampman

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Packers | Kampman could leave in free agency
Comment (0)
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:27:02 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers LB Aaron Kampman (knee), an unrestricted free agent in the offseason, could test the market should the Packers not place the franchise or transition tag on him. At this point, the team probably is not willing to cough up the $8 million or $9 million it would cost to do so. Kampman also has a desire to go to a 4-3 team so he can play defensive end again. Kampman, however, has not ruled out a return.

Packers | Kampman injury update
Comment (0)
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:24:16 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers LB Aaron Kampman (knee) said he is well ahead of schedule in his rehab from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Kampman said he is expected to be ready for training camp.

Goatcheese
01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't know about bringing in a 30 year old coming off an ACL tear.

Mari-OWNED!
01-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't know about bringing in a 30 year old coming off an ACL tear.

Not only that, but that would be three defensive ends we would have to pay big $ to.

That's just too much money invested into one position IMO.

TimeKiller
01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
I think I'd rather see what Barwin progresses to

El Tejano
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Not only that, but that would be three defensive ends we would have to pay big $ to.

That's just too much money invested into one position IMO.

But if you are moving A. Smith permanently inside, are you investing it in one position or two? Besides, wouldn't we have to spend big money on a DT through FA anyways?

badboy
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I think he is negotiating with team by indicating he would go elsewhere. I say no. Rather sign a DT in free agency.

Goldensilence
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I'd rather sign a DT than another DE.

We need a push up the middle that can collapse the pocket and/or force the QB back a step or two right into our current DEs off the edge.

Really I had to bump this ahead of the freaking Bengals thread.