PDA

View Full Version : New faces in AFC South?

JWarren14
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I was going through some rumors in ESPN's NFL Insider and noticed that the Jags and Titans have come up in a few interesting scenarios.

Three main players they are both in play for as of now are

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Who else would you hate to see in our division? Vanden B and AK would be a scary combo IMO.

eriadoc
01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Not sure why we wouldn't be going after Cribbs and Kampman. Kampman and Mario with some Barwin thrown in as he gains experience sounds pretty fun to me.

Cribbs in Marciano's system .... 'nuff said.

JWarren14
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Seymour is supposed to be open to signing with 31 teams, all but the Pats.

BigBull17
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I would like Seymore. Cribbs too.

GuerillaBlack
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Texans need to be more aggresive and go after some of these players.

infantrycak
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Thomas and Cribbs are both under contract.

BigBull17
01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Texans need to be more aggresive and go after some of these players.

I wouldn't be suprised if we made a splash this off season. :evil:

Second Honeymoon
01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I was going through some rumors in ESPN's NFL Insider and noticed that the Jags and Titans have come up in a few interesting scenarios.

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Who else would you hate to see in our division? Vanden B and AK would be a scary combo IMO.

We don't want Cribbs in our division. Kampman is coming off injury/surgery and Thomas has been in Belicheat's doghouse for some time. Cribbs has the type of game that'll rip your team's heart out at the worst times. He is a huge field position X factor. A team like the Jaguars could really benefit from that guy.

With the new rules for the long predicted salary cap free 2010, I hope Rick Smith is learning how to get over on the system, because its gonna be really really aggressive with some of the RFA tenders. Why not? You probably won't be paying for 2011 anyway due to probable work stoppage. Just load as much of your salary cap as possible towards 2010 and 2011. Makes sense to me.

Blazing Arrow
01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
KVB will probably not be a Titan next season.

I could see us push for Cribbs though.

El Tejano
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Just curious, what makes you think KVB will be out of Tenn next year? I would like to see him in Houston, that's for sure.

BigBull17
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM

He looked human without Fat Al getting triple teamed.

Goldensilence
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Aaron Kampman
Adalius Thomas
Joshua Cribbs

Kampman's really the only realistic possibility of hitting the FA market, but he's coming off an ACL tear. I don't think we'll go after him but I don't want to him him in the division either way.

Only way Cribbs and Thomas are available is via a trade. I think once a GM is in place I'd expect Cribbs contract situation to clear up far as a raise and extension go. He's still under contract, though I think it's in Brown's best interest to send a message to players that they take care of their own.

Thomas has been in the doghouse in NE. I wouldn't be surprised to see them unload him for the right offer. I'm not sure he'd be a good fit for a 4-3 defense though.

Thomas situation isn't the biggest concern in NE though. It's going to be retaining Wilfork and I think NE will be looking for some veteran players to add this off-season.

wagonhed
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
I really don't see how we need another high dollar DE. We've got Antonio Smith. Barwin was a 2nd round pick. If he gets better, Smith can shift to DT. So we have enough DEs that we are already shifting one to another position. Do you really want another? Then what, play Smith at DT full time and bench Barwin?

The Pencil Neck
01-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Only way Cribbs and Thomas are available is via a trade. I think once a GM is in place I'd expect Cribbs contract situation to clear up far as a raise and extension go. He's still under contract, though I think it's in Brown's best interest to send a message to players that they take care of their own.

Holmgren has already said that he's planning on renegotiating Cribbs' contract.

I don't see Cribbs leaving Cleveland.

Maddict5
01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Seymour is supposed to be open to signing with 31 teams, all but the Pats.

30 including da raida's :fingergun:

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Just curious, what makes you think KVB will be out of Tenn next year? I would like to see him in Houston, that's for sure.

We have a lot of guys on FA. Big names. I just don't see him coming back. We have depth at the position and his cost will be to high IMO. I also think he is over rated. BigBull mentioned it ... without a big guy to break the middle of the line he is not that effective. KVBs entire game is out rushing the O-linemen and getting around him. Usually he ends up a few yards past the pocket. If the middle collapses and the QB takes a few steps back to get more time he is right there to gobble them up. A good line makes him pointless.