PDA

View Full Version : Pack @ Cards

Wolf
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
14-0 Cards now after some TO by the Pack

Carr Bombed
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
hmm, looks like it's going to be another snore fest. Has there been even one entertaining playoff game so far?

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Just curious. Am I the only one who thought the Packers were particularly scary in terms of who you have to play?

Wolf
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Just curious. Am I the only one who thought the Packers were particularly scary in terms of who you have to play?

I thought they were a very dangerous team. they have been playing well

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
I thought they were a very dangerous team. they have been playing well

Yeah, just 24-10 wasn't what I expected. No wonder Vegas thrives....lol.

WWJD
01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
The Pack is a dangerous team but it's hard to win when you have turnovers that the other team turns into points....

Same for the Pats.

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Holy crap. Ahman Green ran for a yard.

axman40
01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Holy crap. Ahman Green ran for a yard.
and he did not fumble
:kitten:

mariowillshine15
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Kurt Warner is great. Such pinpoint accuracy on his passes. If you give him time he just picks you apart.

If the reports are true and he retires after this year i will miss watching him.

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Wow. The Pack just got hosed on the "roughing" call. Instead of roughing there was holding and pass interference.

False Start
01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Wow. The Pack just got hosed on the "roughing" call.

Yes they did. :mcnugget:

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes they did. :mcnugget:

Amazing game. 38-38.

Carr Bombed
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
hmm, looks like it's going to be another snore fest. Has there been even one entertaining playoff game so far?

Umm......wow, this has turned out to be a ball game huh? LOL

TexanSam
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
This has turned into a helluva game!!

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm old enough to remember when the NFC was a defensive bunch...lol

axman40
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
no defense in Az

axman40
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Rackers for the win

axman40
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
wide left OT baby

Showtime100
Kris Brown does it again.

brakos82
Kris Brown, wrong game.

Austrian
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Lol at all the kickers in the play-offs. Even KB is better than that.

Carr Bombed
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Rackers kicked that ball like it was a 65 yarder. :rolleyes:

TexanSam
01-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Go Cards!!

houstonspartan
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Lol at all the kickers in the play-offs. Even KB is better than that.

No, he's not. Kris Brown couldn't even get kicks in the regular season.

He would have a total mental breakdown in a game like this.

Spled
That kicker better move out of Phoenix if they lose.

Carr Bombed
I'm sorry, but if I was on the Cardinals team and if we ended up losing this game, because of Neil Rackers, I'd kick his ass in the locker room as soon as we got back there.

Kurt Warner has put up possibly the best post season performance I've ever seen.

mariowillshine15
Bad year to be a kicker. Seems like every playoff game except for the Dallas game has had a kicker miss one or two kicks.

mariowillshine15
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah! Go Cards!

axman40
well howdy to the Az defense

False Start
What an ending! :cool:

TexanSam
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Holy cow, the defense actually did something! What a game! Will definitely go down as a classic

Carr Bombed
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
wow

brakos82
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
:tvhorror:

TexanSam
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Kurt Warner was absolutely phenomenal. One of the best performances in the playoffs ever, IMO.

Showtime100
After the first game this was worth the wait.

mariowillshine15
Great game. Rodgers has plenty of years left im glad Warner gets to keep playin for at least another week.

Nawzer
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
That was an epic game.

houstonspartan
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Not to be all dramatic or anything but, is it just me, or was that one of the most amazing games I've ever seen?

False Start
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
At least there was one good game this weekend. I would be freaking out right about now if I were a Packers fan.

brakos82
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Not to be all dramatic or anything but, is it just me, or was that one of the most amazing games I've ever seen?

Maybe Earl's game in '78... but live, yes. :spin:

False Start
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Yes, it was one of the coolest games I've ever watched.

Spled
01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Next week with The Saints will be a lot of points too.

Texecutioner
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I told all my buddies last night to watch this game, and said that it was going to be the most exciting one of all the wild cards, but I didn't expect it to be one of the best games I had ever seen in my entire life. This game was amazing.

LIke I've told a lot of people all year long. Rodgers is the truth!!! He's got one of the best arms in football. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league and buys extra time with his feet to make plays. He's as accurate as anyone in the league. I'm just disappointed that I don't get to see one more game of Rodgers and Finley.

Great game from Warner as well. I expected Fitz to continue to roll through the playoffs and he just added another two TD's. At least we get to see another game with Fitz in it. The guy owns the post season.

This game just made my freaking weekend.

Showtime100
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I told all my buddies last night to watch this game, and said that it was going to be the most exciting one of all the wild cards, but I didn't expect it to be one of the best games I had ever seen in my entire life. This game was amazing.

LIke I've told a lot of people all year long. Rodgers is the truth!!! He's got one of the best arms in football. He's one of the most mobile QB's in the league and buys extra time with his feet to make plays. He's as accurate as anyone in the league. I'm just disappointed that I don't get to see one more game of Rodgers and Finley.

Great game from Warner as well. I expected Fitz to continue to roll through the playoffs and he just added another two TD's. At least we get to see another game with Fitz in it. The guy owns the post season.

This game just made my freaking weekend.

I totally agree.

JDizzle
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
This game made the first 3 crappy games totally worth it.

GuerillaBlack
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
lol, Rodgers

Over throws the game winning td, then fumbles to lose the game. That must have hurt, but he's good.

But that was an awesome game. Definitely made up for the first three crap games. Next week should be fun to watch the Saints offense and Cards offense. Too bad this Texans offense wasn't in it this year. :mad:

Honoring Earl 34
01-10-2010, 09:46 PM
lol, Rodgers

Over throws the game winning td, then fumbles to lose the game. That must have hurt, but he's good.

But that was an awesome game. Definitely made up for the first three crap games. Next week should be fun to watch the Saints offense and Cards offense. Too bad this Texans offense wasn't in it this year. :mad:

You saw a wide variety of offenses that's for sure . I enjoyed the Ravens getting in Brady's head and hope they can do the same to Manning . The Jets are playing loose and act like they have a pocket of house money . Dallas looked good and I hope they kick Favre's butt . The Cardinals looked good , then bad , then good , then bad again , then they proved Warner's living right .

SheTexan
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
It was a fun game to watch, but, GB got totally screwed. Fitz could get away with murder on that field, and the refs turned a blind eye to the Cards D. Takes away from the excitement of a good game when it's obvious who the refs want to win. JMO

Napa Auto Parts
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM
If on Farve was still a packer he would of won that game.

kastofsna
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
It was a fun game to watch, but, GB got totally screwed. Fitz could get away with murder on that field, and the refs turned a blind eye to the Cards D. Takes away from the excitement of a good game when it's obvious who the refs want to win. JMO

lol why would the refs want the Cardinals to win?

kastofsna
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
If on Farve was still a packer he would of won that game.

or lose it personally the way he did the last 3 or 4 packers playoff games

HOU-TEX
01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Being a defensive guy that I am, that game was horrible! The defenses should feel ashamed. WR's running wide open all game is pathetic. Hardly any QB pressure on either side, except the one that won the game. Even my boy Docket looked pedestrian, at best.

That said, given the suckage of the other 3 games, I suppose this one was the most exciting.

Dread-Head
01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
lol, Rodgers

That game had some of the most F'ed up officiating I'd ever seen. On one play a Cardinals offensive lineman TACKLED a Packers' Defensive End and threw the guy into his own QB...and NOT ONLY was he NOT called for holding, but the DE was penalized for ROUGHING THE PASSER! And the less said about the NON CALLED FACE MASK at the end of the game that resulted in the fumble the better.
Warner lost my respect whent he Cards played the Texans and with a 17 point lead and 30 seconds to the half he was still attempting to shove the ball down the defense's throat. If someone puts him flat on his back I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Dread-Head
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Being a defensive guy that I am, that game was horrible! The defenses should feel ashamed. WR's running wide open all game is pathetic. Hardly any QB pressure on either side, except the one that won the game. Even my boy Docket looked pedestrian, at best.

That said, given the suckage of the other 3 games, I suppose this one was the most exciting.

This missed tackles were pissing ME off! If you're playing defense you have four basic options when a guy is coming at you with a ball:

a. Wrap him up and bring him down

b. if a teammate wraps him up and you've heard no whistle turn your body into a missle and make him feel as if he's been hit by a CONVOY of trucks

c. Hit him as HARD as you can and try to lay him out.

d. Realize that you're more suited for selling cars, get out of the NFL and let a hungry college kid who WANTS your job HAVE IT!

HOU-TEX
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
This missed tackles were pissing ME off! If you're playing defense you have four basic options when a guy is coming at you with a ball:

a. Wrap him up and bring him down

b. if a teammate wraps him up and you've heard no whistle turn your body into a missle and make him feel as if he's been hit by a CONVOY of trucks

c. Hit him as HARD as you can and try to lay him out.

d. Realize that you're more suited for selling cars, get out of the NFL and let a hungry college kid who WANTS your job HAVE IT!

I agree, but it was more than just tackling, Dread. I'm not sure I've ever seen worse pass coverage in an NFL game in my life. GB's defense is the most disappointing. A top 5 passing defense giving up numbers like 380 yards defines the word FAIL.

Texan_Bill
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree, but it was more than just tackling, Dread. I'm not sure I've ever seen worse pass coverage in an NFL game in my life. GB's defense is the most disappointing. A top 5 passing defense giving up numbers like 380 yards defines the word FAIL.

Agree. Both defenses made me cringe.

Mr teX
01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Am i the only one who instantlhy thought that Rodger's fumble should've been another instance where the tuck rule was in effect? on that last play. He pumped & was attempting to bring it back down when the cb hit him....

TimeKiller
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Hell of a dramatic game, for what it's worth. Made my evening.

Khari
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Am i the only one who instantlhy thought that Rodger's fumble should've been another instance where the tuck rule was in effect? on that last play. He pumped & was attempting to bring it back down when the cb hit him....

ball didn't hit the ground...so doesn't that make it an INT :chili:

disaacks3
01-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Warner lost my respect whent he Cards played the Texans and with a 17 point lead and 30 seconds to the half he was still attempting to shove the ball down the defense's throat. If someone puts him flat on his back I won't shed two tears in a bucket. I've got no problem running up as many points as you can on any opponent in the FIRST half. Heck, if that's what the "Play 30" Texans need to do, then I'm even MORE for it.

4th quarter, late in the 4th are a different matter altogether.

disaacks3
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
ball didn't hit the ground...so doesn't that make it an INT :chili: That's what I was thinking too, it was nice that no determination had to be made vis-a-vis the tuck rule because of it.

BigBull17
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Could AJ Hawk be any worse at dropping into the mid level zone? He got smoked.

TexanSam
01-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Warner lost my respect whent he Cards played the Texans and with a 17 point lead and 30 seconds to the half he was still attempting to shove the ball down the defense's throat. If someone puts him flat on his back I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Yet the Texans almost came back to tie the game up at the end. I can't blame him one bit.

The Pencil Neck
01-11-2010, 06:11 PM

The ball went out of his hand, bounced off his foot, into the lineman's hands. Interception. Not fumble.

I thought the call should actually be face masking on the Cards, though. Is it legal to hit a QB in the face and grab his facemask when it's forcing an interception or something?

HOU-TEX
01-12-2010, 11:49 AM
The ball went out of his hand, bounced off his foot, into the lineman's hands. Interception. Not fumble.

I thought the call should actually be face masking on the Cards, though. Is it legal to hit a QB in the face and grab his facemask when it's forcing an interception or something?

Not that it matters, but statistically it was ruled a fumble. His arm was never going forward, so it wouldn't matter if the ball hit the ground or not.

I didn't really think it was a facemask myself. I never really saw the head turn like when 15 yarders are normally called.

The Pencil Neck
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Not that it matters, but statistically it was ruled a fumble. His arm was never going forward, so it wouldn't matter if the ball hit the ground or not.

I didn't really think it was a facemask myself. I never really saw the head turn like when 15 yarders are normally called.

If they counted it a fumble, then I think that's a mistake. To me, it looked like he cocked his arm back and then moved his arm forward, starting to tuck the ball. So that's tuck rule and we know that can't be a fumble at that point.

And you don't have to jerk a guy's facemask to get the call. You just need to move his helmet by the facemask, and the guy did that. BUT, with a QB, all you have to do is touch his facemask and it's a blow to the head.

HOU-TEX
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
If they counted it a fumble, then I think that's a mistake. To me, it looked like he cocked his arm back and then moved his arm forward, starting to tuck the ball. So that's tuck rule and we know that can't be a fumble at that point.

And you don't have to jerk a guy's facemask to get the call. You just need to move his helmet by the facemask, and the guy did that. BUT, with a QB, all you have to do is touch his facemask and it's a blow to the head.

I suppose it could be argued either way, but I was thinking fumble from live action to replay. He'd already finished his tuck when the ball was jarred loose.

I could've agreed with a blow to the head call, but not the facemask.