PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Week 1 Thread

Ryan
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Got two games on today.

Go Jets and Iggles!

I hope karma comes back to bite the Bengals and Colts right in the a$$ and hope that the Jets take both of them out. That's what you get for resting your players Colts!!!

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
It hurts even watching this game...:(

Damnit Texans.

Wolf
01-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Cincy with a 58 yard KO return, deep into Jets territory

Ryan
01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
14-7 jets!!

Austrian
01-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Revis is a beast. I wish we had someone like him.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I hope the Jets crush them.

Austrian
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Barring stupid play by Sanchez or a defensive breakdown, the Jets should win this.

m5kwatts
01-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Dear Lord the Texans would have eaten this Bengals team alive if they'd been playing now

Austrian
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Dear Lord the Texans would have eaten this Bengals team alive if they'd been playing now

We already did in regular season.

Thorn
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
I almost never watch the first round of the playoffs. The repeats on NFLN are good enough for me. The second round is when the real football starts getting played.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Shonn Greene = beast

axman40
01-09-2010, 05:42 PM
GO JETS!
:kitten:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
TD Jones!!

axman40
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
JETS 21 scared kittens 7
:kitten:

mariowillshine15
01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Revis has made OchoCrappo invisible. Palmer hasnt been the same QB since getting hurt in the playoffs a few years back.

Silver Oak
01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Benson TD!!!

Goldensilence
01-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Revis is a beast. I wish we had someone like him.

What you mean Okoye hasn't been worth the 10th pick? :brickwall:

Shonn Greene = beast

I can't bring myself to comment on this.

Austrian
01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Is Kris Brown playing for the Bengals?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Apparently Kris Brown now plays for the Bengals.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
The good news is the Bengals picked their poison and died by it. The bad news (for me) is a New York team won. :gun:

Goatcheese
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Way to go Bungles. You are the worst team to ever make the post season.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Wow. Is Ocho the most self-centered person on Earth or what??

OzzO
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
B for Bengals... which karma is a B as well, ain't it? You listening Colts?

houstonspartan
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
The very idea of this game frustrates me. We can't be mad at the Bengals for not giving us a hand in the playoffs. That's our job to get ourselves there.

At the same time, I've always thought the Jets were overrated. We're a better team than BOTH of these teams.

I hope our guys are sitting at home frustrated about what they let slip away and fired up for next year.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM
The very idea of this game frustrates me. We can't be mad at the Bengals for not giving us a hand in the playoffs. That's our job to get ourselves there.

At the same time, I've always thought the Jets were overrated. We're a better team than BOTH of these teams.

I hope our guys are sitting at home frustrated about what they let slip away and fired up for next year.

It only gets better tonight. The 'Girls are playing.

Pollardized
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
The good news is the Bengals picked their poison and died by it. The bad news (for me) is a New York team won. :gun:

I have to weigh in on this. First i hope the Jets win the SB. Although they are a New York team, I have always got the feeling they are treated like we are, being the OTHER Texas team playing second fiddle to the cowgirls, while they are 2nd to the giants. I don't have the ill will towards them like I do the colts, turdans, patsys, etc. It's not their fault other teams layed down in front of them; we should have beat them ourselves in Week 1. Second, I like Rex Ryan, I like his style, I like his system, and I think he has some of what our team's leadership is missing.

How great would it be to see the bungles, colts and everyone else get beat by the team they layed down for.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I have to weigh in on this. First i hope the Jets win the SB. Although they are a New York team, I have always got the feeling they are treated like we are, being the OTHER Texas team playing second fiddle to the cowgirls, while they are 2nd to the giants. I don't have the ill will towards them like I do the colts, turdans, patsys, etc. It's not their fault other teams layed down in front of them; we should have beat them ourselves in Week 1. Second, I like Rex Ryan, I like his style, I like his system, and I think he has some of what our team's leadership is missing.

How great would it be to see the bungles, colts and everyone else get beat by the team they layed down for.

Good post. :tiphat:

houstonspartan
01-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Good points.

I don't like Rex Ryan, but at the end of the day, he manages to get his guys going and motivated when it counts. That's important.

I also have a feeling that his players fear him, but respect him, which I think is a good thing. They worry about their jobs, and perform.

Silver Oak
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM

I think every year someone says that about the wildcard teams.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Time for Philadelphia vs Dallas. Who ya got?

I'm picking Philly.

Goatcheese
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM

I'm picking Philly.

They are completely outmatched. If the Cowgirls lose it will be because they beat themselves.

Silver Oak
01-09-2010, 07:42 PM
bs interference call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5kwatts
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Team Brokeback Mountain will win this one because Philly has given up and hasn't been competitive for a few weeks now

Silver Oak
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
TD baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red_Zone
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
They are completely outmatched. If the Cowgirls lose it will be because they beat themselves.

They sure beat themselves on that first drive with the penalties.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Ruled: Interception
Reviewed: Overturned
NFL: Stupid

Red_Zone
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Cowgirls must feel sorry for the Beagles, they keep making it easier for them by making stupid mistakes.

stingray
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
God do the Eagles look like crap.. No doubt though that the best team is winning. Cowboys have been taking the Eagles out to the shed for 6 quarters straight.

Pollardized
01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
What a BS pass interference call on Phili just now. The cowgirl pushed the guy. What a joke. NFL needs a cowgirl win obviously.

Silver Oak
01-09-2010, 09:09 PM
guess the playoff win drought is over now after a decade+ of accepting mediocrity. :kitten:

Goatcheese
01-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Pretty much how I saw this one going. :choke:

WWJD
01-09-2010, 09:39 PM
guess the playoff win drought is over now after a decade+ of accepting mediocrity. :kitten:

In the nicest way possible as a Cowboys fan I can tell you I've never accepted all the playoff losses..it's been unacceptable to me as a fan particularly in light of many successful years.

To me if a team has an ultimate goal and that would be the Super Bowl for the NFL and they fall short the season is a fail. That's just me...you can pick spots and players of course that you can say "great year" but I've never accepted the horrific coaching choices Jerry has made or the draft failures.

I supported them because I'm a fan but it's been ugly for a long, long time.

Red_Zone
01-09-2010, 10:13 PM
What a BS pass interference call on Phili just now. The cowgirl pushed the guy. What a joke. NFL needs a cowgirl win obviously.

If the game were close that might hold some water. Under the circumstances the "girls" don't seem to need the help.

WWJD
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Defense...defense...dominating Ware...Jones...

McNabb seems to be a shadow of the QB he once was. That surprises me. He's been a great one for many years.

Showtime100
01-09-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm picking Philly.

Ok, I'm an idio_t :D

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc45/snesfreak/neogaf/1zmzi0w.gif

McNabb needs a ring...

Unfortunately, it won't be this year.

Red_Zone
01-09-2010, 11:04 PM

McNabb needs a ring...

Or any year.

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Or any year.

Or just this year....

I'll give McNabb two more years with that team in Philly.

brakos82
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Or just this year....

I'll give McNabb two more years with that team in Philly.

Screw that, they need them some corn on the Kolb. :pirate:

HoustonFrog
01-09-2010, 11:10 PM
McNabb time might be done

Good win for my Boys tonight.

mariowillshine15
01-09-2010, 11:19 PM

McNabb needs a ring...

Mcnabb doesnt need anything. He's one of the most overrated QBs ever.

He'll win alot of games and get you on the edge of a title then choke it away.

Wonder who he blames this loss on.

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't see how McNabb is overrated.

stingray
01-10-2010, 12:03 AM
I don't see how McNabb is overrated.

I don't either.. He's been in like 4 NFC Championships, One Super Bowl, countless winning seasons. Yeah, no rings, but a hell of a Qb and will be in the HOF. I'd take a guy like that on my team like yesterday...

eriadoc
01-10-2010, 01:07 AM
I don't either.. He's been in like 4 NFC Championships, One Super Bowl, countless winning seasons. Yeah, no rings, but a hell of a Qb and will be in the HOF. I'd take a guy like that on my team like yesterday...

HOF? Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Signed,

Danny White

stingray
01-10-2010, 01:16 AM

Signed,

Danny White

I would bet my house right now against yours that Donovan McNabb will be in the HOF...

stingray
01-10-2010, 01:26 AM

Signed,

Danny White

Really, Really? You're gonna go with the Danny White comparison? :bubbles:

eriadoc
01-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Really, Really? You're gonna go with the Danny White comparison? :bubbles:

For the era, yeah. QBs these days put up gaudy numbers, but for his time, Danny White did the same. He made it to the playoffs five or six times, made it to three straight NFC Championship games, posted a couple statistically awesome seasons, and still holds several Cowboys team records for the QB position, and I think a couple for the punter position (which is just sort of funny).

Sounds an awful lot like McNabb, except McNabb's been to one SB. If that's a HOF resume, then they'd better prepare to start letting lots of borderline guys in (Bledsoe comes to mind, went to a couple SBs). Now, if McNabb wins one, then the story changes. But that's not happening.

Furthermore, I'd argue he competed against tougher teams, because players stayed put back then. He played teams like the 49ers, Giants, and Redskins, back when they were all dominant. There hasn't been a dominant NFC team since the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys, IMO.

mariowillshine15
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM

5 NFC Title games, only 1 win. Only Super Bowl he made he lost.

Yea he wins alot of games but he doesnt win the big ones.

He's very good but not great and definitely not hall of fame.

You cant win a championship with him because he doesnt have the confidence in the clutch to deliver. He chokes.

You can only blame everybody else so long until the finger points back at you.

GuerillaBlack
01-10-2010, 01:51 AM
5 NFC Title games, only 1 win. Only Super Bowl he made he lost.

Yea he wins alot of games but he doesnt win the big ones.

He's very good but not great and definitely not hall of fame.

You cant win a championship with him because he doesnt have the confidence in the clutch to deliver. He chokes.

You can only blame everybody else so long until the finger points back at you.

Yeah, his loss in the Super Bowl was only to the New England Patriot dynasty...and he lost it by three points.

mariowillshine15
01-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, his loss in the Super Bowl was only to the New England Patriot dynasty...and he lost it by three points.

Excuses, excuses. He still lost.

He's always seen as a great QB but when his team needs him the most he folds.

Last year they play the Cardinals, the freakin Cardinals and cant win.

Most of those NFC Title games were at home and couldnt seal the deal.

Im not saying he sucks, he's quite good, but he's not great, not hall of fame.

stingray
01-10-2010, 02:19 AM
LOL!!! You guys wanna hold Super Bowl titles as a benchmark for the HOF? How old are you? Have you ever heard of Jim Kelly? Frank Tarkenton? Jim Kelly is already in the Hall of Fame and has pretty much the same identical stats that Mcnabb has, And he never won one Super Bowl!!! He got to four... And don't give me the crap that he actually got to four!!! Because in your mind, it's a ring or Bust...

You guys are just haters... Mcnabb has had his team in Super Bowl contention every freaking year....

EDIT: My mistake Donovan doesn't have the same stats as Jim Kelly (HOF, NO SUPER BOWLS) but better... Pretty Much the same passing yardage as Kelly, in the same amount of years, but Donovan actually has better stats: 16 less TD's than Jim Kelly, but has 75 less INT's than Kelly and has 2000 more rushing yrds.

HMMM??? How do you calculate those stats Eriadoc? Passing yrds mean less now but how bout rushing yrds compared to the past? You can have it both ways my man....

stingray
01-10-2010, 02:36 AM
And another thing...Name one good reciever he had in his career? T.O.... One year... Desean Jackson? One year... That's about it.. A bunch of scrubs and no names the rest....

mariowillshine15
01-10-2010, 02:56 AM
And another thing...Name one good reciever he had in his career? T.O.... One year... Desean Jackson? One year... That's about it.. A bunch of scrubs and no names the rest....

Yea its not his fault his receivers werent very good, or that Marino never had a good enough team around him or that Jim Kelly didnt get his ring in all those tries.

Oh wait yes it is. You play the hand your dealt. Brady won Super Bowls with guys like JR Redmond and David Givens, Antwaun Smith.

A QB makes his players better or he doesnt and Mcnabb,Marino, Kelly didnt.

Mcnabb is a good player and so was Marino and Kelly but the reason those guys never won a Super Bowl is because they were never good enough.

A QB is the most important position in football. A Great QB hides alot of weaknesses and can put their team on his back.

Mcnabb has never done that he keeps waiting for his team to put him on their back and Marino and Kelly buckled under the pressure.

Marino has all time great stats with a goose egg in the ring column. Kelly was Mcnabb before Mcnabb.

If championships are not the barometer for greatness then what is?

The Manning-Brady argument is the same thing.

Everybody says Manning is one of if not the greatest QB ever but he has only 1 ring, 1 superbowl appearance.

Brady has been to 4 super bowls and won 3.

If Manning was greater how does he only have one ring?

He studies film like the greatest, practices like the greatest and wins alot of games like the greatest but he's not better than Brady because he comes up short in the playoffs time and time again.

Manning is one of the greatest but Brady is better.

Back to Mcnabb I dont wanna hear that who did he have at WR junk when Brady had nobody special either.

Your either great or your not and Mcnabb isnt. Never has been never will be.

GuerillaBlack
01-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Excuses, excuses. He still lost.

He's always seen as a great QB but when his team needs him the most he folds.

Last year they play the Cardinals, the freakin Cardinals and cant win.

Most of those NFC Title games were at home and couldnt seal the deal.

Im not saying he sucks, he's quite good, but he's not great, not hall of fame.

Wow.

The bolded part was especially weak. "He played the Cardinals and STILL couldn't get into the Super Bowl!" You act like the Cardinals were horrible... He's a HOF. Like stingray said, if Jim Kelly can get it, so can McNabb.

Pollardized
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I think in all the McNabb arguments we've lost sight of the most important thing abot these playoffs ----- THE DAMN COWGIRLS AND TONY HOMO WON AND NOW WE HAVE TO LISTEN ANOTHER WEEK TO ALL THE YANKEE TRADER FANS IN HOUSTON BRAG ABOUT THEIR STUPID TEAM!

HoustonFrog
01-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I think in all the McNabb arguments we've lost sight of the most important thing abot these playoffs ----- THE DAMN COWGIRLS AND TONY HOMO WON AND NOW WE HAVE TO LISTEN ANOTHER WEEK TO ALL THE YANKEE TRADER FANS IN HOUSTON BRAG ABOUT THEIR STUPID TEAM!

Really?.....................

Pollardized
01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Damn Frog I wasn't referring to you lol......

HoustonFrog
01-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Damn Frog I wasn't referring to you lol......

:cowboy1:

infantrycak
01-10-2010, 09:56 AM
For the era, yeah. QBs these days put up gaudy numbers, but for his time, Danny White did the same. He made it to the playoffs five or six times, made it to three straight NFC Championship games, posted a couple statistically awesome seasons, and still holds several Cowboys team records for the QB position, and I think a couple for the punter position (which is just sort of funny).

Add in while Danny White was playing he had the at that time highest career QB rating in history.

LOL!!! You guys wanna hold Super Bowl titles as a benchmark for the HOF? How old are you? Have you ever heard of Jim Kelly? Frank Tarkenton?

Obviously QBs can make the HOF without a SB ring. But McNabb simply isn't regarded in that light by most people as an elite QB carrying his team with the team letting him down on the ultimate goal. McNabb needs a ring or there is no way he is getting in despite a great career and his stats. That isn't hater as I like McNabb a lot and picked him 7 years ago as my dynasty league QB. I just don't think he makes it. He will be regarded as a stat guy like some of the WRs who haven't made it in that have twice as many yards as Michael Irvin.

Speedy
01-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Yea its not his fault his receivers werent very good, or that Marino never had a good enough team around him or that Jim Kelly didnt get his ring in all those tries.

Oh wait yes it is. You play the hand your dealt. Brady won Super Bowls with guys like JR Redmond and David Givens, Antwaun Smith.

Mcnabb is a good player and so was Marino and Kelly but the reason those guys never won a Super Bowl is because they were never good enough.

A QB is the most important position in football. A Great QB hides alot of weaknesses and can put their team on his back.

Mcnabb has never done that he keeps waiting for his team to put him on their back and Marino and Kelly buckled under the pressure.

Marino has all time great stats with a goose egg in the ring column. Kelly was Mcnabb before Mcnabb.

Everybody says Manning is one of if not the greatest QB ever but he has only 1 ring, 1 superbowl appearance.

He studies film like the greatest, practices like the greatest and wins alot of games like the greatest but he's not better than Brady because he comes up short in the playoffs time and time again.

Back to Mcnabb I dont wanna hear that who did he have at WR junk when Brady had nobody special either.

Wow! That may be the most ridiculous post I've ever read on this board.

So by your logic I guess Trent Dilfer was a much better QB than Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, Moon, and Fouts?

SheTexan
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Wow!! I've read some BS on this board before, but, this post takes the cake!! SOOO, a QB is only great if he wins a bunch of SB'S. LAUGHABLE!! NEWS FLASH!! A SB winning QB is only as good as the players around him!!!! After the game we just watched, ask Tom Brady!!

stingray
01-10-2010, 07:19 PM

One of the worsts posts I have ever seen on here and I have read alot of them. Dude, get a clue about football....

Khari
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
i didn't watch any wild card game......maybe i'm on football detox :thinking: