PDA

View Full Version : All-Encompassing 2010 Ticket Price Thread

Fred
01-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Undoubtedly the Texans will increase the price of most tickets for 2010. The Texans are coming off their best season and have an attractive home schedule including playoff teams Dallas, Indianapolis, San Diego, and Baltimore.

Use this thread to do all your whining about: how dare they - 9-7 is still mediocre, the economy is still not good, that's it - I really am cancelling my season tickets this time, and/or I'll renew but that means no food / crutches / college fund for Tiny Tim.

Thanks!

Andrew6
01-09-2010, 05:29 PM
if you have good seats and aren't going to up them this year lemme know and I might buy them.

gwallaia
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I think they have gone up every year.

In 2002, my seats in section 552 were $35 per game, this past season they were $53 per game. I expect them to be $60 next season.

thunderkyss
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
They've gone up since I've owned season tickets since 2004. To compensate, no bear, no food, no merchandise, no game book, nothing. I don't even stop by those advertising booths.

Next year, I'm not even going to think about thinking about spending money at Reliant.

Joe Texan
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
You want nfl you pay the price

Dr2bKay
01-09-2010, 09:29 PM
No complaints here...just less time being spent wasting money at the Galleria.

For those complaining about the price and want to sell their platinum pass for 2010, I'll take it off your hands.:texflag:

houstonspartan
01-10-2010, 02:19 AM
if you have good seats and aren't going to up them this year lemme know and I might buy them.

There are a ton of great seats available. Look on the web site, and call the Texans directly. We're not the Packers or the Redskins, where tickets rarely come available.

Also, you realize that for "good seats" you're looking at roughly $2000 per seat, right?

brakos82
01-10-2010, 02:25 AM
They've gone up since I've owned season tickets since 2004. To compensate, no bear, no food, no merchandise, no game book, nothing. I don't even stop by those advertising booths.

Next year, I'm not even going to think about thinking about spending money at Reliant.

What are you doing buying bears at reliant? :kitten:

thunderkyss
01-10-2010, 09:15 AM
What are you doing buying bears at reliant? :kitten:

Less than $8 a pop, sounded like a good deal at the time. :kingkong:

Dayad
01-10-2010, 09:30 AM
8 bucks for a bear? I wonder what a monkey goes for?

houstonspartan
01-10-2010, 01:42 PM
8 bucks for a bear? I wonder what a monkey goes for?

I've been dumb enough to buy those $10 beers on several occassions.

The Texans have gotten a LOT of money from me.

Andrew6
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
There are a ton of great seats available. Look on the web site, and call the Texans directly. We're not the Packers or the Redskins, where tickets rarely come available.

Also, you realize that for "good seats" you're looking at roughly $2000 per seat, right?

I'm already a season ticket holder but will pick up more to keep the tickets from going to opposing fans.

ubecool454
01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
The ticket prices are not going up......it's just the dollar is getting weaker!:shades:

StarStruck
01-18-2010, 12:37 AM
If I recall correctly, the organization only promised to not raise prices the first two years. Since then they have increased each year, and I am expecting another this year.

ChampionTexan
01-18-2010, 06:20 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6019

BIG TORO
01-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Not too bad!

Dr2bKay
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
January 25th is right around the corner. Has anyone received their renewal package yet??

BIG TORO
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
January 25th is right around the corner. Has anyone received their renewal package yet??

I have not, when is the due date if your paying the full sum?

steelbtexan
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I guess in McNairs mind average football team= ticket price increase.

When are the Texans going to reach the playoffs?

There's really no incentive to be great in the NFL.

texanfan2002114
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I guess in McNairs mind average football team= ticket price increase.

When are the Texans going to reach the playoffs?

There's really no incentive to be great in the NFL.

You do realize that as far as ticket prices go we ranked in the middle of the NFL as far as where our average ticket price is, don't you? Also coming off the 1st winning NFL season in like 16 years, you had to know the Texans were going to raise prices, didn't you?

I'm not attacking you, but your calling out the man (McNair) who paid $700 million to bring back football to this city and if my tickets go up a couple of bucks to keep pursuing a championship on the field, then so be it.

In my opinon the Texans were a couple of plays away of being this years Jets. This team is on the right path and I can't wait for next season to start!!

disaacks3
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
You do realize that as far as ticket prices go we ranked in the middle of the NFL as far as where our average ticket price is, don't you? Also coming off the 1st winning NFL season in like 16 years, you had to know the Texans were going to raise prices, didn't you?

I'm not attacking you, but your calling out the man (McNair) who paid $700 million to bring back football to this city and if my tickets go up a couple of bucks to keep pursuing a championship on the field, then so be it.

In my opinon the Texans were a couple of plays away of being this years Jets. This team is on the right path and I can't wait for next season to start!! Most of us knew this was coming, but the Texans are still a middle-of the-pack team (record-wise), so why SHOULDN'T the ticket prices be there as well?

Funny quote from the link...The top three NFL teams in average ticket price came in at $105.16 per ticket in 2009. The Texans ranked 17th in overall average ticket price in 2009, and in 2010 the new average season ticket price of $71.86 is still significantly lower than the top three NFL teams and should be below the overall league averageWell, Cost-of-Living is lower in this region and the Texans aren't near a top three team yet, so why should we pat them on the back for not charging us like a top-3 team? :confused:

texanfan2002114
01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Most of us knew this was coming, but the Texans are still a middle-of the-pack team (record-wise), so why SHOULDN'T the ticket prices be there as well?

Because after its all said and done and the rest of the NFL teams raise their ticket prices next season, the Texans prices will be in the middle of the pack again!

Funny quote from the link...Well, Cost-of-Living is lower in this region and the Texans aren't near a top three team yet, so why should we pat them on the back for not charging us like a top-3 team? :confused:

Because the cowgirls who are in this lower region is one of the top 3 teams as far as ticket prices and the last time I looked, their not a top 3 team as well!

StarStruck
01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6019

Where is Gridiron, TX?

texanfan2002114
01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Where is Gridiron, TX?

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/GridironTexas-2007-08-04.asp

StarStruck
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/GridironTexas-2007-08-04.asp

Thanks. I assume that is Section 600ish. If so, then is it ok to assume that the prices will be cut for the entire section?

SheTexan
01-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Where is Gridiron, TX?

I can tell you for a fact that the Texans lowering ticket prices in Gridiron pissed me off!! I've been a loyal season ticket holder for 8 freaking years and I'll probably have to sell 3 of my tickets this year because I can't afford them. I haven't missed one home game either,PLUS, I've tolerated the heat in the NEZ! Screw this crap, I just might sell them all!!!:wild: If they wanted to lower prices anywhere in the damn stadium it should have been the entire NEZ!!

StarStruck
01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I can tell you for a fact that the Texans lowering ticket prices in Gridiron pissed me off!! I've been a loyal season ticket holder for 8 freaking years and I'll probably have to sell 3 of my tickets this year because I can't afford them. I haven't missed one home game either,PLUS, I've tolerated the heat in the NEZ! Screw this crap, I just might sell them all!!!:wild: If they wanted to lower prices anywhere in the damn stadium it should have been the entire NEZ!!

I would have appreciated a refund after they decided to have that bake sale during the Pittsburgh game a few years ago.

Dr2bKay
01-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Breathe Gma....breathe....We need you here in 2010. The Lord will make the money fall where it should...well that is my prayer......

I do agree...the lower levels should not always be punished when they start to raise the prices.

FYI, I know that Derek and family wanted to pick up an extra BP seat.

I am gonna hold off on my complaints until my invoice arrives.

Bull Pen 1
01-19-2010, 09:23 PM
No complaints here...just less time being spent wasting money at the Galleria.

For those complaining about the price and want to sell their platinum pass for 2010, I'll take it off your hands.:texflag:

I'll keep you in mind, one might be availiable righ in the middle of the Blue Crew.

CloakNNNdagger
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Should the Texans really burden their loyal fan base in these times of economic hardship? Should there be those held hostage by their loyalties, to actually being forced to make choices between true necessities and their love and loyalties to the team?

I don't believe that McNair would be dying if, under the circumstances, he would let a year or two go by without a raise in ticket prices in return for all those years of painful and pitiful team performances (with maybe the exception of this past season....even that was painful at times). I wouldn't worry too much about McNair's investment......it is apparently close to being recouped.........See the TEAM'S VALUTATION (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_Houston-Texans_302019.html) (soon to be revised upward in Sept 2010)...........and add to it the $300 million dollar naming rights.

As a side note of possible interest to some. It would seem that MAKING THE PLAYOFFS IS MANY TIMES ACTUALLY A MONEY LOSER (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4020/do_nfl_teams_profit_from_the_playoffs.html?cat=3).

Mr. McNair, I believe that maybe you might have given a bit more thought before you made this decision final............and this is just MHO.

steelbtexan
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
The cost of business goes up about 2/3% a year meanwile McNair raises ticket prices 7% a year. It's not a bad gig if you can get it.

What do the fans get for going back to the well year after year. 8-8,8-8,9-7 and these were the good years. As C-N-D stated there is no financial incentive to get to the playoffs. I believe that during McNairs tenure profits take precedent over putting a winning team on the field. Proof of this is McNair saying for the last 3 years that this was a playoff team,missing the playoffs and raising ticket prices anyway.

This is McNairs team and he will do with as he pleases. As fans we have one of two choices.
1. Pony up the money (which I'll be doing)
2. Dont pony up the money and consider the Texans season tickets as a losing investment.

The NFL is a monoply and if you want to watch your team you've got to be willing to pay up regardless of the product that's being put on the field. That's just the way it is.

There are also two types of fans
1. The Second Honeymoon type of fan who has invested in his team and feels like he has been sold a bill of goods.
2. The Joe Texan type of fan that looks at going to the game getting drunk and having a good time is good enough. If the Texans happen to win that's great. If they dont oh well we still had a good time.

What bothers me is the Jets were in worse salary cap shape than the Texans were this offseason. Yet they managed to go out and sign 3 key FA's B.Scott,J.Leonhard. M.Douglas and make two trades Lito Sheppard and B.Edwards. Viola they're in the AFC chamionship game.

This makes me question whether Smithiak are forward thinking enough to build a championship team. Or is McNair not giving them the resources/$ to get the job done.

Dr2bKay
01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I'll keep you in mind, one might be availiable righ in the middle of the Blue Crew.

Thanks!

ubecool454
01-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I think they have gone up every year.

In 2002, my seats in section 552 were $35 per game, this past season they were $53 per game. I expect them to be $60 next season.

What hasn't gone up since 2002?

Dayad
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I've got 4 psl's and it comes down to supply and demand guys. 80 consecutive sell outs. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. The Texans have a waiting list to buy tickets. So you threatening not to renew, no biggie to them, someone is in line to buy your seats. I wish I had a business like that.

steelbtexan
01-24-2010, 11:56 AM
What hasn't gone up since 2002?

Agreed

But the cost of doing business has only gone up 2/3 % per year but prices increases have gone up 7% per year. That is the advantage of being part of a monopoly I guess.

steelbtexan
01-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I've got 4 psl's and it comes down to supply and demand guys. 80 consecutive sell outs. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. The Texans have a waiting list to buy tickets. So you threatening not to renew, no biggie to them, someone is in line to buy your seats. I wish I had a business like that.

I wish I had a business like that too. I just didn't have a spare 700 mil. sitting around waiting to be invested. LOL

Dr2bKay
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM

:goodpost:

BIG TORO
01-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Invoice's are in online on your Houston Texans account, Corner went up to 77 dollars a ticket.

StarStruck
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM

If there is one thing to learn from Enron other than corruption is arrogance. Waiting list today doesn't mean that sell outs are a given. It would be nice, not to be taken for granted.

ATXtexanfan
01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
sec 651 and a yellow lot pass the same as last year. why wouldn't you guys renew? you seen the home schedule? season tix are a luxury not an expense. to complain about your tix going up is dumb when you can watch it at home.

Dr2bKay
01-27-2010, 10:48 AM
sec 651 and a yellow lot pass the same as last year. why wouldn't you guys renew? you seen the home schedule? season tix are a luxury not an expense. to complain about your tix going up is dumb when you can watch it at home.

:bravo::bravo:

Tis all...

texanfan2002114
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Great post!! rep!!

Bull Pen 1
01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks!

plat parking pass is your if interested.

Dr2bKay
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
plat parking pass is your if interested.

Awesome, just PM'ed you.

Bull Pen 1
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Awesome, just PM'ed you.

sent you a PM

Yankee_In_TX
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
If there is one thing to learn from Enron other than corruption is arrogance. Waiting list today doesn't mean that sell outs are a given. It would be nice, not to be taken for granted.

If you were the business, would you not increase them x% every year until you started having problems selling out? As long as they sell out, the have not out priced the demand yet.

(not saying I am happy about the annual increase, but I would be a fool not to expect it).

FILO_girl
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM

What about the NEZ folks in Gridiron, TX? :thinking:

hobie
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
547 and mine when up $30yr. a seat.. so that's only $60 additional for me this upcoming year... I just decided that I will have 1 beer a game instead of two.. no big deal to me. They will be $8 each anyways...

TexanBacker93
02-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Plus there's the fact that if someone chooses not to renew the team gets to sell a new PSL. You don't get that refunded if you don't renew. I don't think that's their thinking, but it does give them some extra revenue.

TexanBacker93
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM

I think for some it's the amount it goes up. At least that's how I feel. Mine went up 11%. I realize it's a luxury, but most jobs don't give an 11% pay increase each year. It's tough when you start pricing people out of your product. There is a waiting list a mile long, but many of those went on it before the economic climate changed. Many people on the list wouldn't be able to afford the tickets and would have to pass up the opportunity.

hobie
02-05-2010, 08:28 AM
There might be a "mile long" waiting list, but when the call comes and they are given the options, I am sure these days they say thanks but no thanks... being on a waiting list and then actually buying are 2 different things... Shoot, had a friend last year wait til the final moment to decide if he wanted them, missed the cut off dates, yet they still sent him 2 and 3rd notice papers and he did decide to keep them, so the waiting list to me is no more than that..
Sooner or later, prices will have to come in line, until then, just decide what your cutoff point is... doesn't matter if prices increase people, you can buy them or not. For you PSL folks, sorry to say, you are in the tough position. You have to or lose out on the $$ you paid up front, and that is why I would never buy them. I've had my seat and will have my seat until I decide not to pay for them anymore...A PSL gets you just that, a PSL, that and a cup of coffee gets you the same thing as me.. well, you get the coffee. But I do feel for you all, you have to renew or you lose out, that simple.
I'll deal with the increases until it's time to move on, and it's no big deal if that day comes. It is a game, and well, that is it...I can put that money elsewhere, and have as much fun, or buy the tickets...simple thing actually.
Anyways, I hope you can all afford to renew, as it would stink if the day comes you do not and then you cannot be there when the team finally breaks through the barrier.
Have a great Friday everyone and a great weekend !!