PDA

View Full Version : VOTE NOW: Pepsi Rookie of the Year

Grams
01-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Voting started - vote often - We need to outvote those guys in Buffalo and Minnesota and Green Bay.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

TexCanada
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I just voted about 10 times.

dc_txtech
01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I put in a few votes. Plan on adding a few more each day.

GO CUSHING!:specnatz:

HuttoKarl
01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I voted repeatedly, but when it comes to popularity contests like this, those tools snowed in up in Wisconsin generally knock it out of the park.

Grams
01-09-2010, 07:17 AM
While we are having their weather, we need to do what they do. Just keep on clicking and voting for our favorite rookie.

4Texans
01-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I've been voting. Keep it up guys!

False Start
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I've been voting like a mad man. Go Cush! :jam: :cool:

awtysst
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
50 new votes for Cush.

gg no re
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
I always preferred more pushing for the Cushing

OzzO
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
added 10 more

Mailman
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I voted...and voted....and voted...and will continue to do so.

beerlover
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
anyone take the time to catch the video? the commentators picked their favorites, went something like Harvin, Matthews & Byrd. nobody picked Cushing which really pissed me off, to the tune of multiple hits for Brian. Also anyone check out the pics of players they had up there? Cushing still had the long hair from USC, how old was that? had to be before training camp, while Matthews had a clean almost Brett Farve look. What is this crap? I expect a little more attention to detail & respect for our player, we need to really step up for him & vote often :foottap:

infantrycak
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
anyone take the time to catch the video? the commentators picked their favorites, went something like Harvin, Matthews & Byrd. nobody picked Cushing which really pissed me off, to the tune of multiple hits for Brian. Also anyone check out the pics of players they had up there? Cushing still had the long hair from USC, how old was that? had to be before training camp, while Matthews had a clean almost Brett Farve look. What is this crap? I expect a little more attention to detail & respect for our player, we need to really step up for him & vote often :foottap:

Somebody is going to have to explain the Harvin thing to me. Dude was good but he had under 800 receiving yards. AJ finished with just under 1000 and nobody talked about him as ROY. It isn't that I don't really count return yards but I seriously discount them. ROY should go to a position player that excels at their position compared to the league.

beerlover
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Somebody is going to have to explain the Harvin thing to me. Dude was good but he had under 800 receiving yards. AJ finished with just under 1000 and nobody talked about him as ROY. It isn't that I don't really count return yards but I seriously discount them. ROY should go to a position player that excels at their position compared to the league.

I'm not one to get upset about these things, but this one has me fired up, its an injustice, sorry for the rant :rant:

TEXANRED
01-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I voted several times and will continue to do so through out the weekend.

The Pencil Neck
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm not one to get upset about these things, but this one has me fired up, its an injustice, sorry for the rant :rant:

I'm sorry, dude, but if you're going to rant, you need to get more momentum going than that. This rant doesn't even deserve the title of rant. It's just a declaration.

I need to see veins popping and spit spewing and eyes bulging and a series of points that may or may not be related being made and rhetoric being shouted from a soapbox. A rant has to have passion and fury and histrionics and hyperbole.

"This sux" does not constitute a rant.

I expect better from you in the future.

:rant:

gtexan02
01-09-2010, 04:04 PM
The picture from cushing is his official nfl photo, same one on nfl.com and espn.com

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-09-2010, 04:30 PM
AJ finished with just under 1000 and nobody talked about him as ROY.

Anquan Boldin had 1,377 receiving yards his rookie season. Pretty sure thats why AJ got no love for ROY.

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2010, 04:33 PM

That's not true.

I remember watching ESPN way back then, and Dominick Davis AND AJ were both up for some Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year award. We all know who won it.

And lol at the NFL for going for the black and white pattern on the voting page.

dc_txtech
01-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I kicked out about 50 votes at work today and just added a few more.

Kulluminatii
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure people are going to use auto-clickers to vote their favorite to the top. Hell, with allowing multiple votes its like asking for people to use auto-clickers. Players like Harvin and Oher are probably getting massive amounts of votes via this method.

I'll be giving Cushing a little boost when I'm asleep :fingergun:. If its ok, I'd be more than happy to share how to do it...really not that difficult at all.

Grams
01-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Voting goes on till 5 pm on Feb 2.

playa465
01-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm sure people are going to use auto-clickers to vote their favorite to the top. Hell, with allowing multiple votes its like asking for people to use auto-clickers. Players like Harvin and Oher are probably getting massive amounts of votes via this method.

I'll be giving Cushing a little boost when I'm asleep :fingergun:. If its ok, I'd be more than happy to share how to do it...really not that difficult at all.

Ok how do you do it

Kulluminatii
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Download GhostMouse from: http://download.cnet.com/Ghost-Mouse/3000-2084_4-10863731.html?tag=mncol

After installing, open the program. Go to the pespi rookie voting page. Click on GhostMouse and hit "Record". Now vote 4-5 times. After voting, click on GhostMouse again and hit "Play". It should start voting for you now over and over again. Can press CTRL + H to stop it. Can also change the speed of the program if you so wish.

Do note that while this program runs you cant do anything on your computer. So its best to leave it on overnight :kitten:.

Lucky
01-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm sure people are going to use auto-clickers to vote their favorite to the top.
But wouldn't this taint a coveted award such as the Pepsi Rookie of the Year?

Malloy
01-10-2010, 11:45 AM

hehe, good one!

I'm sure that's how Obama got the Nobel peace prize too ;)

Kulluminatii
01-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Trust me, people have been using this for years. I never bothered to vote for the Pepsi Rookie Award before, but when I first saw it the first thing that came to my mind was how easy it would be to use a program to vote for you.

I'm normally against using this type of stuff too, but when the NFL makes it so easy to cheat you can guarantee that there are thousands of people using programs to do so. So why not make it even and give Cushing a shot to win? :evil:

wagonhed
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
This is one of those things where I feel like Cushing is not only my favorite choice, but legitimately the best rookie in the league this year.

He didn't just have a good rookie year, like Matthews did (and I really like Matthews), he basically had the best numbers of any LB in the entire league... period.

Seriously... look at this.

#6 in tackles
#1 in PDef
#1 in INTs
T#1 in Safeties with 2 others
4 sacks, the only high tackle LB who topped that had 5.5, only a couple others matched it
2 FFs, also respectable for an OLB who doesn't rush the passer

His numbers are arguably better than Patrick Willis, they are easily better than Ray Lewis, London Fletcher, etc. And all this while competing with Ryans, Diles, and Pollard.

On top of all that, he actually had to work for those INTs, unlike Jairus Byrd who had some basically given to him.

Cushing isn't just a good rookie, he was the arguably the best LB in the league this year.

Lucky
01-11-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm sure that's how Obama got the Nobel peace prize too ;)
Who wants a stinky old Nobel prize? We're talking Pepsi ROY, baby!

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84537885.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261CDA336F95C024C1E B01E70F2B3269972

Actually, not a bad looking trophy. A lot better than a little gold coin and a plaque.

http://www.starsareblind.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Obama-Nobel-Peace-Prize.jpg

BTW, I just tried one of those Pepsi throwbacks (sugar instead of corn syrup). Couldn't tell the difference, and I've never been a big fan of Pepsi. But with all of that caffeine and sugar, I'll be up bothering you people for another hour or so.

Malloy
01-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Mexican coke for the win!

Also the Nobel prize comes with a $ reward if I remember correctly, The Pepsi-prize.... lots of bubbles?

False Start
01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I just put in a 30 minute session of voting for Cush.

wagonhed
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Download GhostMouse from: http://download.cnet.com/Ghost-Mouse/3000-2084_4-10863731.html?tag=mncol

After installing, open the program. Go to the pespi rookie voting page. Click on GhostMouse and hit "Record". Now vote 4-5 times. After voting, click on GhostMouse again and hit "Play". It should start voting for you now over and over again. Can press CTRL + H to stop it. Can also change the speed of the program if you so wish.

Do note that while this program runs you cant do anything on your computer. So its best to leave it on overnight :kitten:.

This isn't compatible with Windows Vista 64 ultimate. I tried installing it and it said that =(

SheTexan
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I just put in a 30 minute session of voting for Cush.

Been sitting here for about an hour popping off votes, I've been bored! If someone would verify Kulluminitii link, I would not be opposed to doing that. After all, I'm sure other teams fans are doing the same.

False Start
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Been sitting here for about an hour popping off votes, I've been bored!

Cool! :cool:

My Baby Girl asked me what I was doing and she said it looked fun...... so shes voting her little heart out now, lol.

wagonhed
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
It doesn't work with Vista, if anyone knows of a similar program that does please share!

Malloy
01-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Cool! :cool:

My Baby Girl asked me what I was doing and she said it looked fun...... so shes voting her little heart out now, lol.

'Hey hon, what daddy's doing? Daddy's cheating is what daddy's doing!'
'Daddy, I wanna cheat too!!!'

Child labour, don't we all love it ;)

Kulluminatii
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM
This isn't compatible with Windows Vista 64 ultimate. I tried installing it and it said that =(

Try and see if you can make it work using compatibility mode.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows
http://filext.com/images/vista_compatibility_mode.gif

If that doesn't work, there are other auto-clickers available. Just from that site:
http://download.cnet.com/Mofiki-s-AutoClicker-Premium/3000-2084_4-10825988.html

http://download.cnet.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2084_4-10279446.html

http://download.cnet.com/AutoIt/3000-2084_4-10266755.html

I haven't tried any of those programs, but they should be safe if they are on www.download.com. Out of those 3, the first one looks like the easiest to use. I'll download any of them later on if you guys' need help getting it to work.

HuttoKarl
01-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Mexican coke for the win!

Also the Nobel prize comes with a $ reward if I remember correctly, The Pepsi-prize.... lots of bubbles?

Repped you up for Mexican Coca Cola!

Ole Miss Texan
01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
BTW, I just tried one of those Pepsi throwbacks (sugar instead of corn syrup). Couldn't tell the difference, and I've never been a big fan of Pepsi. But with all of that caffeine and sugar, I'll be up bothering you people for another hour or so.
:spit: <----- literally

False Start
01-13-2010, 05:12 PM
'Hey hon, what daddy's doing? Daddy's cheating is what daddy's doing!'
'Daddy, I wanna cheat too!!!'

Child labour, don't we all love it ;)

:lol:

She also voted for him because she thought he had "pretty hair" :heh: .....it was the pic of him sporting the locks.

http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/players/headshots/DDDFDFCD78234CF296E9DBF57EA7D1D4.jpg

I voted for another hour when I got home from work today.

Malloy
01-13-2010, 08:14 PM

She also voted for him because she thought he had "pretty hair" :heh: .....it was the pic of him sporting the locks.

http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/players/headshots/DDDFDFCD78234CF296E9DBF57EA7D1D4.jpg

I voted for another hour when I got home from work today.

She'll end up marrying a redneck with a mullet, you better take control of the situation before it's too late ;)

must spread rep... I love your daughter already, sounds like a load of fun :)

HuttoKarl
01-14-2010, 09:47 AM
20 more votes.

False Start
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
She'll end up marrying a redneck with a mullet, you better take control of the situation before it's too late ;)

must spread rep... I love your daughter already, sounds like a load of fun :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :cool:

Texans_Chick
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Those who are voting multiple times are the Brian Cushing of fandom.

Hard worker, very enthusiastic, loves doing what it takes to win.

Keep the votes going.

SheTexan
01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Those who are voting multiple times are the Brian Cushing of fandom.

Hard worker, very enthusiastic, loves doing what it takes to win.

Keep the votes going.

I'm off tonight and I plan to do NOTHING but sit here and vote!! I'm already having freaking TEXAN football withdrawals and we're only mid January!! I'm one demented grandma!!:shetexan:

Vinny
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I thought Harvin was very special whenever he got his hands on the ball. He runs like a RB and is a better runner when he receives the ball than AJ is. I thought Harvin was easily the most impressive offensive player in this years rookie class. It doesn't really answer your question but how much have you seen Harvin? I'd love to have him here.

BigBull17
01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought Harvin was very special whenever he got his hands on the ball. He runs like a RB and is a better runner when he receives the ball than AJ is. I thought Harvin was easily the most impressive offensive player in this years rookie class. It doesn't really answer your question but how much have you seen Harvin? I'd love to have him here.

Harvin was a guy people thought may fall out of the first round, and I was all for nabbing him if he did. Explosive, strong runner.

Vinny
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Harvin was a guy people thought may fall out of the first round, and I was all for nabbing him if he did. Explosive, strong runner.only because of "character issues". He fell just like Warren Sapp fell....neither fell because of their bodies or their talents. Teams are just scared to give all that money to someone who they think may have a shot at ending up like Charles Rogers.

infantrycak
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Some but not a tremendous amount. Like I said somewhere up thread, Harvin looked very good with a potential to be great but I can't see ranking him this year against the greats at WR. Cushing's performance this year wasn't comparable to other rookies it was comparable to the best at his position. To me that wins. Trivia - no defensive player or WR has ever won Pepsi ROY. Looks like that will change one way or the other.

HOU-TEX
01-14-2010, 03:19 PM

I agree, Harvin was dynamic at times when he got his hands on the ball. But IMO, Harvin being highly considered for ROY doesn't say much for this years offensive rookie class. It's clearly obvious to me that the defensive rookie class was, by far, the better of the 2.

If there's ever a time a defensive player wins the award, it's this year. The defense deserves it....and yes, I'm biased. :)

BigBull17
01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
only because of "character issues". He fell just like Warren Sapp fell....neither fell because of their bodies or their talents. Teams are just scared to give all that money to someone who they think may have a shot at ending up like Charles Rogers.

Kinda hard to blame them sometimes though. Teams have been screwed pretty bad by character flaw guys. I see both sides of the draft players not boy scouts argument.

b0ng
01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
only because of "character issues". He fell just like Warren Sapp fell....neither fell because of their bodies or their talents. Teams are just scared to give all that money to someone who they think may have a shot at ending up like Charles Rogers.

Injury issues too. Remember, Harvin pretty much stayed injured at Florida with one nick or another. If I remember right he suffered a game-ending injury when Florida won their national title right before Harvin went pro.

Then during the combine I think he admitted to smoking weed which knocked him a little.

Texans_Chick
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Some but not a tremendous amount. Like I said somewhere up thread, Harvin looked very good with a potential to be great but I can't see ranking him this year against the greats at WR. Cushing's performance this year wasn't comparable to other rookies it was comparable to the best at his position. To me that wins. Trivia - no defensive player or WR has ever won Pepsi ROY. Looks like that will change one way or the other.

Cushing was named an All Pro today. Only rookie on the list.

For me, it's an easy call. Who would I rather have on my team?

ATXtexanfan
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree, Harvin was dynamic at times when he got his hands on the ball. But IMO, Harvin being highly considered for ROY doesn't say much for this years offensive rookie class. It's clearly obvious to me that the defensive rookie class was, by far, the better of the 2.

If there's ever a time a defensive player wins the award, it's this year. The defense deserves it....and yes, I'm biased. :)

true true very true.

False Start
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Cushing was named an All Pro today. Only rookie on the list.

For me, it's an easy call. Who would I rather have on my team?

No doubt! :cool:

Bubbajwp
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
IMO Cushing deserves it hands down. One of my friends who is a longtime Bronco's fan told me towards the end of the season that Cushing was playing like a first ballot HOFer. Kinda cool how much respect he is already getting around the league.

HuttoKarl
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
30 votes more for Cushing.

Grams
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Don't forget to keep voting!

:whip:

HuttoKarl
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
50 more for Cushing.

Texans_Chick
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Voting continues until the night of February 2nd.

Have you voted for Cushing today?

You know he's lifted weights and/or done his speed work today.

And eating clean food.

And not drinking alcohol.

And getting in his hyperbaric chamber to heal.

He's committed. Are you?

Commit to getting his ass voted Rookie of the Year. Vote. Early and often.

Malloy
01-20-2010, 03:13 PM

And eating clean food.

He's committed. Are you?

What a loser ;)

Mailman
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM

And eating clean food.

He's committed. Are you?

I am committed. I will vote today, over and over and over again.

(ghost mouse ftw!)

False Start
01-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Ive still been voting at least an hour every day.....the kid got gored of it. :heh:

Texan_Bill
01-21-2010, 10:01 AM
What a loser ;)

Agreed.... What kind of puh ce doesn't drink alcohol?? :kitten:

:runaway:

Mailman
01-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Another 100+ votes for Cushing.

Have you done your work today?

Grams
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Have you voted today?

Wolf
01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Agreed.... What kind of puh ce doesn't drink alcohol?? :kitten:

:runaway:

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/briancushingkegger(1).jpg

Malloy
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM

Sure he can LIFT it... but can he DRINK it? :)

Beer and Metal
01-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Aww, come on! We were toting kegs when we were teenagers. And, then we would drink it!

dc_txtech
01-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Bump

SheTexan
01-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Something to do while sitting at home watching the playoffs!! My fingers are getting sore!!!!

GOOOOOO CUSH!!!!!!

Wolf
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM

I think bill found his handler for the next party :whip:

and I wonder if that chamber that Cush gets into is good for hangovers :thinking:

False Start
01-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Something to do while sitting at home watching the playoffs!! My fingers are getting sore!!!!

GOOOOOO CUSH!!!!!!

Same here, I've still been putting in a hardcore voting session everyday. :texflag:

SheTexan
01-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Is there anyway to know how the voting is going now? That way we'd know whether to step it up a notch or not.

NorthJers32
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM

Best part about this picture?

It was taken in high school, when Cush was like 225 and running the ball for his team

threetoedpete
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Is there anyway to know how the voting is going now? That way we'd know whether to step it up a notch or not.

I dunno, but I just bought a/the t-shirt....19.95.

Saving my pennies for the Erick Winston football. Be much more inclined if everyone's, the o-lineman's, names were on it. Just saying.

What I would like to know is if Mike Lombardi has done a "pardon me" yet ? I haven't seen it.

Blake
02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Percy Harvin won.

Dutchrudder
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Percy Harvin won.

I demand a recount!! :foottap:

HuttoKarl
02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Pathetic. A glorified special teamer....at least Cushing won the REAL DROY award.

4Texans
02-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Harvin wins, but doesn't show up for the presentation. Cush was there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/harvin-wins-pepsi-rookie-of-the-year-award/

Apparently, however, Harvin wasn't present for the presentation. (We're trying to confirm that.)

Two of the other finalists -- Bills safety Jairus Byrd and Packers linebacker Clay Matthews -- definitely didn't attend the press conference.

Present for the session were Texans linebacker Brian Cushing and Ravens tackle Michael Oher.

JWarren14
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
What a crock...oh well a Super Bowl MVP next year will be fine with me

SheTexan
02-04-2010, 11:26 PM
He'll be fine. We all know how special he is and that's all that matters. He's gonna rock the NFL next year!! Just wait and see!

Malloy
02-05-2010, 03:45 AM
A Vikings player wins, what a surprise.... :)

OzzO
02-05-2010, 08:34 AM
I think Coke needs to sponsor Brian now.

HuttoKarl
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Harvin wins, but doesn't show up for the presentation. Cush was there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/harvin-wins-pepsi-rookie-of-the-year-award/

Pretty classy to show up for such a bogus "award". I'm so glad we drafted Cushing.

HOU-TEX
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I think it was fairly obvious Cush, or any other defensive player were not going to win it. IIRC, a defensive player has never won the award.

This should've been the first year a D player should've won. Harvin was electric at times, but wasn't even close to the production Cush put out. Hell, if they had to choose an offensive player, go with Oher. At least he played and produced the entire year. Bleh, it's a joke

HuttoKarl
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
I think it was fairly obvious Cush, or any other defensive player were not going to win it. IIRC, a defensive player has never won the award.

This should've been the first year a D player should've won. Harvin was electric at times, but wasn't even close to the production Cush put out. Hell, if they had to choose an offensive player, go with Oher. At least he played and produced the entire year. Bleh, it's a joke

Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks all put up similar to better numbers as a WR than Harvin.

Big Lou
02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks all put up similar to better numbers as a WR than Harvin.

Good point!!!

Pepsi sucks anyway. The generic "Cola" at Krogers is better than Pepsi, so take that sucka!!!!!!

Thorn
02-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Good point!!!

Pepsi sucks anyway. The generic "Cola" at Krogers is better than Pepsi, so take that sucka!!!!!!

I don't drink Pepsi. I drink Cokes. vanilla coke zero that is, but still, I don't drink Pepsi. It's awful. Given a choice between Pepsi and anything I'll just be thirsty. Can't stand the stuff.

RagingBull
02-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Good point!!!

LOL...Must spread Rep before giving it to Big Lou again...

b0ng
02-06-2010, 01:29 PM

While that is interesting and all, really the only close one was Collie, and even then Harvin also contributed in the running game (By taking carries and scoring TD's) and also by returning kicks (Which I believe he broke off a few long ones).

But yes, Byrd, Matthews, Orakpo and Cushing all have better arguments for ROY than Harvin.

Lucky
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Garcon is a 2nd year player.

HuttoKarl
02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Garcon is a 2nd year player.

Yeah...realized that after I posted, but was too lazy to edit.

He had four catches last year.

gary
02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Is there a winner in this contest yet?

Grams
02-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Is there a winner in this contest yet?

Harvin