PDA

View Full Version : Griffith as a stop gap safety?

rittenhouserobz
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
The Browns released a SS today that appears to be able to play a couiple more years. Would he be a good fit in the Texans plans or would it hurt Glen Earl too much. I think Earl could learn from the guy and we would have two good SS. My next question is what would we do with Eric Brown? article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-browns-griffith&prov=ap&type=lgns)

ArlingtonTexan
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Earl started half the year and played better than Eric Brown. I saw nothing in Earl's performance that said his grwoth needs to be retarded by bringing a guy at the end of his career.

F-minus67
03-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Grittith has never played the same since he left the vikings. not to mention that he is older than dirt in football years.

dalemurphy
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Remember, we'll have Ramon Walker back this year also. The combination of Ramon Walker and Glenn Earl is certainly promising enough to give a chance this season.

rittenhouserobz
03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Thats true I forgot how good Ramone was getting before the injury. When he blocked that FG against NE I was on the Walker wagon. I wonder if Brown is going to around much longer.