26. Panthers 122-134 .477
27. Saints* 120-136 .469
28. 49ers 117-139 .457
T29. Chargers* 116-140 .453
T29. Seahawks 116-140 .453
31. Rams 115-141 .449
32. Cardinals* 114-142 .445

Oh, Boy!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/15831/afc-east-2010-schedules-not-so-tough

BIG TORO
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Does that mean that Texans and titans have the hardest schedule?

Section516
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Indeed

:rake:

Goatcheese
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
If you want to win the Super Bowl you have to beat good teams. This schedule will be a good warm up for the post season. :shades:

DiehardChris
01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
On paper, yes - but it never turns out that way when the games are played.

b0ng
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
No it means absolutely diddly poo. Teams change over the off season. Some go up and some go down, we won't know how hard our schedule is until we actually play the game (unfortunately)

Goatcheese
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fbaa5d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

infantrycak
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
That's what happens when two divisions meet that only have one team below 7-9. Notice that the NFC East is also all in the top 10.

Section516
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Agreed. But its Texans offseason..Anything with Texans on it i cling to..

How much longer!? Kickoff 2010!

:voodoo::voodoo:

BIG TORO
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Indeed

:rake:

Well if thats the case Titans should be at the top of the list since they have to play us!!!

MojoMan
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
No it means absolutely diddly poo. Teams change over the off season. Some go up and some go down, we won't know how hard our schedule is until we actually play the game (unfortunately)

Exactly right. Teams even change over the course of a season. Take the Jets for example. At the beginning of this season, after the Texan's game, the Jets looked like Superbowl contenders and Mark Sanchez was being talked about as an early Pro Bowl candidate, or possibly a candidate for rookie of the year. By the middle of the season, the Jets were in the middle of a serious losing streak, and there was talk in New York of hanging Rex Ryan from the highest tree. On the last week of the season, the Jets snuck into the playoffs, and due to their defense, appear to be a legitimate wild card contender.

So, teams change a lot from one season to the next, but they also change a lot within a season. This metric is interesting, but it is not conclusive of anything.

dalemurphy
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM

In 2008, the Steelers had the toughest NFL schedule... They won their division and eventually the Superbowl. In 2009, they had the 7th easiest and didn't make the playoffs with almost the identical squad.

houstonspartan
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Exactly right. Teams even change over the course of a season. Take the Jets for example. At the beginning of this season, after the Texan's game, the Jets looked like Superbowl contenders and Mark Sanchez was being talked about as an early Pro Bowl candidate, or possibly a candidate for rookie of the year. By the middle of the season, the Jets were in the middle of a serious losing streak, and there was talk in New York of hanging Rex Ryan from the highest tree. On the last week of the season, the Jets snuck into the playoffs, and due to their defense, appear to be a legitimate wild card contender.

So, teams change a lot from one season to the next, but they also change a lot within a season. This metric is interesting, but it is not conclusive of anything.

Man, I go so SICK of hearing people talk about the Jets after the first few games. People basically said that Rex Ryan was a genius and Mark Sanchez was the best quarterback ever and that we should just give them the Lombardi Trophy.

I, personally, never bought any of it, because as good as Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez appeared to be, there's always a learning curve in the NFL for new people. You may hit that curve sooner, you may hit that curve later, but you WILL hit it.

El Tejano
01-07-2010, 10:32 AM
there's always a learning curve in the NFL for new people. You may hit that curve sooner, you may hit that curve later, but you WILL hit it.

We always hit it in November.

Let me guess, our 2010 schedule has us playing The Dolphins or did the NFL finally give that up?

Texan_Bill
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
This ^^^

TexanSam
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Guess that means we'll be battle tested once we make the playoffs

Goldensilence
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM

True, but when I am looking at the core of the tough teams we're going to be playing I don't see too many of the teams having a fire sale next year and falling off.

Colts - Well until Peyton hands em up they won't likely finish worse than second.
Titans - Much as it pains me to say so. They'll be just as tough next season. Maybe even more.
Jax - Unless they get relocated in the off-season they'll play tough and will have a more experienced team on the OL.

Dallas - Will be tough next year and defense looks better with Spencer stepping up his play.
Eagles - Will be tough and I believe we have them on the road as well
Giants - I hear Dick Jauron is in line to take the DC job there. Whe nthey get healthy they'll be tough.
D.C. - While they did finish the year what 4-12? I think they'll be much better next year. Wouldn't surprise me to see to Sam Bradford as their #1 pick. What's going to be interesting is the familiarty between the staffs.

Jets - Still not sold on Sanchez, but doesn't matter they havea solid run game and a great defense. At least they won't have al ltheir picks to improve through the draft next year.

Baltimore - Will still have Ray and Ed on defense. Flacco took a step forward again this year, at least statistically, and if they get hima big target in the draft they'll be more dangerous.

I know this is projecting, but still don't like the way it lines up for us considering the staff fumbled and bumbled its way into a 9-7 season with a weak schedule. Perhaps some of you have more confidence in them then I do.

TheRealJoker
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Since Kubiak has been here we've done fairly well against teams that do not play in our division (going 8-2 this year against such teams).

Personally, I don't care who we're playing outside of the division. If we don't win our division games we'll be watching the playoffs as usual instead of playing in them.

Malloy
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Screw it, so much happens between seasons that the SoS is all but useless :)

houstonspartan
01-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Personally, I don't care who we're playing outside of the division. If we don't win our division games we'll be watching the playoffs as usual instead of playing in them.

And there it is. That is the bottom line. If we don't improve in our division we are screwed.

steelbtexan
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
True, but when I am looking at the core of the tough teams we're going to be playing I don't see too many of the teams having a fire sale next year and falling off.

Colts - Well until Peyton hands em up they won't likely finish worse than second.
Titans - Much as it pains me to say so. They'll be just as tough next season. Maybe even more.
Jax - Unless they get relocated in the off-season they'll play tough and will have a more experienced team on the OL.

Dallas - Will be tough next year and defense looks better with Spencer stepping up his play.
Eagles - Will be tough and I believe we have them on the road as well
Giants - I hear Dick Jauron is in line to take the DC job there. Whe nthey get healthy they'll be tough.
D.C. - While they did finish the year what 4-12? I think they'll be much better next year. Wouldn't surprise me to see to Sam Bradford as their #1 pick. What's going to be interesting is the familiarty between the staffs.

Jets - Still not sold on Sanchez, but doesn't matter they havea solid run game and a great defense. At least they won't have al ltheir picks to improve through the draft next year.

Baltimore - Will still have Ray and Ed on defense. Flacco took a step forward again this year, at least statistically, and if they get hima big target in the draft they'll be more dangerous.

I know this is projecting, but still don't like the way it lines up for us considering the staff fumbled and bumbled its way into a 9-7 season with a weak schedule. Perhaps some of you have more confidence in them then I do.

They blew it not making the playoffs this year.

I dont see them making the playoffs next year.

They couldn't make the playoffs with the Rams,Seahaws,Bills and 49ers on their schedule.

I dont see any teams on next years schedule comparable to those teams.

Hopefully injuries to other teams will pay a part in helping the Texans making the playoofs.

Otherwise I believe that we'll be looking at 7-9, 9-7 record. Then the new HC search will begin. Atleast Uncle Bob wont have to pay a coaching staff during the lockout.

indiantexan
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
This will force the Texans to bring their A-game for the full 60 minutes. This might actually work out well for us.

ArlingtonTexan
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
That's what happens when two divisions meet that only have one team below 7-9. Notice that the NFC East is also all in the top 10.

No more than a day ago, one of the cowboycentric stations was making the same point/complaining about thier schedule.

gwallaia
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
This schedule should help the Texans in the BSC standings.

DexmanC
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
This will force the Texans to bring their A-game for the full 60 minutes. This might actually work out well for us.

Nah. If that gauntlet of division games didn't do it. Nothing will. As
we saw against the Patriots, you can only get a good game out of
Mario if the world is hatin' on him. If he gets snubbed for a probowl,
which probably never will again, he'll go nuts for a season. Amobi
said it best when asked about how they coughed up that lead against
the Colts: "Guys were feeling relaxed."

Their leader is milquetoast, and so is the team.

disaacks3
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
The NFL royally screwed up strength-of-schedule when they went to the "new" format a few years ago. The schedules used to have many more games dedicated to making it easier on the Weak Sisters and harder on the Big Boys. Under the latest incarnation, there are really only TWO games per year that are determined by your previous finish.

Bottom line for the Texans in '10 - It should be a VERY tough road to the playoffs.

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
They couldn't make the playoffs with the Rams,Seahaws,Bills and 49ers on their schedule.

They beat those teams. The real issue is the divisional games.

GP
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
LOL.

I wonder if Bill Cowher helped in the creation of our schedule?

Errant Hothy
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Discussing next year's strength of schedule this early is incredibly pointless. Even discussing it after the draft is meaningless.

Once the regular season starts the NFL changes so much week to week the only opponent worth talking about is your next one.

m5kwatts
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
In 2008, the Steelers had the toughest NFL schedule... They won their division and eventually the Superbowl. In 2009, they had the 7th easiest and didn't make the playoffs with almost the identical squad.

Amen.

Silver Oak
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
And there it is. That is the bottom line. If we don't improve in our division we are screwed.

Co-Signed,

The other 17 NFL teams that finished with .500 or worse division records.

Cjeremy635
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Frankly, I say bring it on. I hear all of the talk that "we are good enough to beat any team in the NFL" and now the talk is "we don't have a chance to make the playoffs due to our upcoming schedule". Which is it, because you can't have it both ways. I think we've got a great shot at the playoffs in 2010, regardless of what our schedule is. I honestly think the way that they finished their year and the "almost gotta taste of the playoffs" is really something for them to build off of. They know they can beat anyone if they've got their head's right. Based off of this year's performance of the teams on that schedule and the players we should have back healthy next year, I see no reason why we can't win 11 or 12 games.....minimum.

TexCanada
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Who really cares how hard the schedule is? Time to man up and play some real football. This year our whole goal was just to make playoffs. Next year, if we can win enough to get into playoffs then we can also make a run in the playoffs. This is a great test for our team, and if we can't get it done then at least we will know that some serious changes are in store.

PapaL
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Screw it, so much happens between seasons that the SoS is all but useless :)

Exactly! Depends on who is healthy when you play, when you play and how you're playing at the time. Can't worry about the schedule, can only play the one you're given.

playa465
01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
It looks like a lot of tough physical defenses on the schedule...we definitely will have to bring the A game for 4 complete quarters. I hope we dont pull a Browns act from 2007 to 2008.

disaacks3
01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Exactly! Depends on who is healthy when you play, when you play and how you're playing at the time. Can't worry about the schedule, can only play the one you're given.
Agreed. In my case, I was only pointing out that the NFL used to actually make schedules in reverse of finish order (just like the draft). Now the new-fangled "we want each team to play EVERY other team every x years" method makes that impossible to achieve.

As has been mentioned previously, next year we won't have to wait for the playoffs to see what this team is really made of. If the Texans survive that schedule, they CAN play toe-to-toe with anyone.

D-ReK
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Though this means absolutely nothing at this time since teams change drastically over the offseason, I like the idea of having the toughest schedule in the league. The team will have to play 60, and that will make them stronger when (if) they get into the playoffs.

Ndevine7
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
This is totally off topic and its because i do not know how to create a new thread but who do you guys want in the game tonight

Ryan
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
We can play with anyone in the league. So SoS doesn't really bother me at all.

MojoMan
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
This is totally off topic and its because i do not know how to create a new thread but who do you guys want in the game tonight

Try this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68605

bckey
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
They beat those teams. The real issue is the divisional games.

I think he meant that if you replace those teams with some of the teams we have next year that it won't be nearly as easy. This was the cream puff year.

Hagar
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
1. Texans 140-116 .547
T1. Titans 140-116 .547
5. Jaguars 137-119 .535
T10. Colts* 132-124 .516

Basically, if your in the AFC South, you've got a hard schedule. Par for the course.

Ndevine7
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Basically, if your in the AFC South, you've got a hard schedule. Par for the course.

You have to play 6 quality divisonally games there are no gimmes. Every other divison has the one or two teams that are weak

brakos82
01-07-2010, 08:10 PM

And why do the Colts get off easy? They finished 1st. :foottap:

*oh yeah, they don't play themselves. nvm

Ndevine7
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
And why do the Colts get off easy? They finished 1st. :foottap:

*oh yeah, they don't play themselves. nvm

HAHA i love it

Thorn
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
It doesn't matter what our schedule is. If we are a good team, we'll make the playoffs. If not, say bye-bye to Kubes.

DexmanC
01-07-2010, 09:03 PM
It doesn't matter what our schedule is. If we are a good team, we'll make the playoffs. If not, say bye-bye to Kubes.

It's easy to say that, but next year we play 13 games against teams
who play the style of ball we come up short against:
1. Ravens (Physical on both lines.)
2. Giants (They lost dang near half the roster to injuries. Better get 'em early)
3. Cowboys (Physical as all hell, ESPECIALLY if Wade Phillips is back.)
4. Eagles (Physical, with ability to burn you deep.)
5. Jets (We couldn't move the ball AT ALL offensively against them.)
6. Redskins (They still have Haynesworth and Orakpo + The Shanahan Clan)
7. Jags (MJD, and the young receivers from the '09 draft, and the LB/QB)
8. Jags
9. Colts (They'll still have the man himself.
10. Colts
11. Titans (No Drunk-ass Collins to drop the ball this time.)
12. Titans
13. Chargers (Physical, fast, talented.)
THIS year WAS the creampuff year. If they stay pat on the lines again,
it's HELLO 7-9!!

Giant Tiger
01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
As has been mentioned previously, next year we won't have to wait for the playoffs to see what this team is really made of. If the Texans survive that schedule, they CAN play toe-to-toe with anyone.

Agreed. I just hope we start off on the road next year against one of the tougher teams. I read a lot of comments here about how the team wasn't ready against the Jets on opening day; that shouldn't be a problem if we play in Philadelphia game 1.

DexmanC
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Agreed. I just hope we start off on the road next year against one of the tougher teams. I read a lot of comments here about how the team wasn't ready against the Jets on opening day; that shouldn't be a problem if we play in Philadelphia game 1.

We weren't ready on the road against the Steelers in '08, either. It doesn't
matter where play. We tend to lose the first game, unless it's against
the Chiefs (like in '07.) Styles make fights, and we play 13 "Hit-You-In-Da-Mouf"
games this season. Such teams won't get beat by trying to chase us around the
field. They're gonna come right up the gut on both sides of the ball. We have
yet to consistently beat teams that play that way. Name the Vikings, Ravens,
Jets, Chargers, Steelers, and the list is a mile long.

Vinnie
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM

I'd like several girls I met at St James this evening in my game tonight, does that answer your question?

Thorn
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
THIS year WAS the creampuff year. If they stay pat on the lines again,
it's HELLO 7-9!!

As I said, I don't care about the schedule. If Kubiak is the man, and patches a few holes in the off season and gets the team to play 4 qtrs a game, we can play with any team in the league.

If Kubiak is the failure everyone says he is, then you're right and we'll be lucky to make 7-9. If that's the case, Kubiak will be gone.

nytexan
01-07-2010, 11:20 PM
We weren't ready on the road against the Steelers in '08, either. It doesn't
matter where play. We tend to lose the first game, unless it's against
the Chiefs (like in '07.) Styles make fights, and we play 13 "Hit-You-In-Da-Mouf"
games this season. Such teams won't get beat by trying to chase us around the
field. They're gonna come right up the gut on both sides of the ball. We have
yet to consistently beat teams that play that way. Name the Vikings, Ravens,
Jets, Chargers, Steelers, and the list is a mile long.

You are by far the most negative blogger I've ever read in my life, good gawd almighty. Lets go by this years creampuff schedule vs. next years

6 games against the division...Indy, Titans, Jags its a wash.
this year next year
nfc west afc west
arizona SanDiego Superbowl contenders wash
san fran Denver Edge 49ers
Seattle Oakland wash
St.Louis KC wash

afc east nfc east
New England Dallas wash
Miami Philly Miami off last years 11-5 season wash
jets Giants 9-7 team vs. 8-8 wash
buffalo redskins wash

Oakland Baltimore edge Baltimore
Bengals jets possible edge bengals but I'll call it a wash

Why is next years schedule so much more difficult because the names seem scarrier??

You take out the colts 2 games from that 140-116 record and you get 112-112 against the rest. If they are truly going to make a step up next year the scedule shouldn't be of that much concern. Its playoffs or it really will be a last season for Kubes.

DexmanC
01-08-2010, 12:04 AM
You take out the colts 2 games from that 140-116 record and you get 112-112 against the rest. If they are truly going to make a step up next year the scedule shouldn't be of that much concern. Its playoffs or it really will be a last season for Kubes.

The record is tougher, because of how the TEXANS match up with those
teams. The Ravens, Jets, Titans, Jags, Vikings, Chargers, Steelers, etc.
have lost PLENTY of games over the last couple years. WE just don't
match up well with such teams. That's my point. That's what I'm
focusing on. OTHER teams beat those teams. WE don't!

You consider me negative. That's fine. I'm just saying that we absolutely
have STUNK against almost EVERY physical team we've faced under this
regime. Every physical team we've faced, and how we've
done against them since Kubiak has been coach. Our style of play
will get us beat against most of the teams on next year's schedule if
our lines (both offensive and defensive) aren't fixed. They haven't been
fixed in four years, and I PRAY they fix 'em in year five. I want this team
to be great, and mediocre just ain't good enough.

Our wins from our 8-8, and 9-7 years are full of subpar, non contending,
weak teams. I don't want to enumerate them here, but in each season
when we went up against the teams that could get tough yards by blowing
our o-line back, we had no answer for them. 2010, and the matchups
those teams pose for THE TEXANS, are why I think our record will suffer
IF Smith and Kubiak stay pat for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW on or O-line.

There's a REASON we lost all but ONE close game this year! It's the
"tough yard" factor. We just don't have the equipment to stop teams
from getting that yard,nor can we get it ourselves in four tries at the
goalline. This is a problem. If we're up two scores, then we can "hang on
for a win. When it comes to nut-cutting time, we'll just get blown off
the line. THIS is what MUST be the focus of the 2010 offseason. That's
all I'm pointing out!

It's not a prediction yet, as free agency and the draft have not occurred.
I'm only negative, if what I say is right. I'm the first to hope I'm NOT right

playa465
12-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Brought this back up to get some discussion on the team. Lets be honest here, do we really have the talent who us fans think? Is it really just the coaching? It's dumbfounding how we come out so flat in alot of games and turn it up it the latter part. Could it be teams let off the gas when they are ahead or can we truly compete with anybody? We still dont have a positive identity. Last year it was weak run D (early) with a good pass O. This year we are good run D with a good run O. The whole pkg (4qtrs) is still lacking. Injuries certainly play a part in the equation but with the 2010 schedule, did it really show us where we really were as compared to where we thought we would be?

Thorn
12-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Brought this back up to get some discussion on the team. Lets be honest here, do we really have the talent who us fans think? Is it really just the coaching? It's dumbfounding how we come out so flat in alot of games and turn it up it the latter part. Could it be teams let off the gas when they are ahead or can we truly compete with anybody? We still dont have a positive identity. Last year it was weak run D (early) with a good pass O. This year we are good run D with a good run O. The whole pkg (4qtrs) is still lacking. Injuries certainly play a part in the equation but with the 2010 schedule, did it really show us where we really were as compared to where we thought we would be?

This teams identity, such as it is, is tied up in Schaub, Foster and AJ. That's who gets the most reps when it comes to TV announcers and such.

As far as a self-identity goes, it can't be good for a team with such a losing history.

CloakNNNdagger
12-25-2010, 08:20 AM
"Strength of schedule" has always been a very deceptive concept. Why? None of the NFL remain static either in the offseason or during the course of the season. How teams fare during a season against other teams are an individual "snapshot in time" of both teams at that particular moment. Injuries can play a significant part. But a factor that fans seldom account for is how realistic the evaluation of talent on their team really is.............and as concerns the Texans, fans have always tended to overvalue the talent of the team and its individual parts. What's been most disturbing of all, the Texans have overvalued their own talent. So, with whatever soup du jour strength of schedule is handed out, while most other teams have shown dynamic movement in performance from low to high or high to low from one season to another, the Texans have remained a very predicatable "stagnant"...........stuck in the mud of constant mediocrity.

CloakNNNdagger
12-25-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure if this blog piece by Texans Chick has been posted before. But I feel that it is worth posting again if it hasn't. It is an interview with Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders about their preseason 2010 prediction of the Texans' record (6 or less wins). This is a great read (take the time to CLICK ON THIS LINK (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/12/football_outsiders_explains_ev.html#more) to read the entire interview).

December 22, 2010
Football Outsiders explains everything: Rick Smith-Gary Kubiak by the numbers

In the offseason, I talked preseason predictions with Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders. They were not optimistic: Football Outsiders predicts the Texans to win....6 games or less? (If you are not familiar with Football Outsiders numbers, I suggest checking out their Football Outsiders basics page and Football Outsiders methods page).

There was some Twitter talk about that prediction after the last game, so I decided to ask Bill some more questions about those predictions:

Q: Before talking about this season, could you numerically evaluate the Rick Smith/Gary Kubiak years, offensively, defensively, special teams? What has improved, regressed for the Texans? What is the best the Texans have ever done on defense in the history of the franchise?Bill:

2006: Total 30th | Offense 21st | Defense 31st | Special Teams 3rd
2007: Total 21st | Offense 15th | Defense 30th | Special Teams 23rd
2008: Total 23rd | Offense 14th | Defense 29th | Special Teams 3rd
2009: Total 15th | Offense 11th | Defense 20th | Special Teams 17th
2010: Total 15th | Offense 2nd | Defense 30th | Special Teams 27th

You don't need to be a math whiz to look at those trends and figure out what's happened under Kubiak's watch. Outside of a slight improvement in 2009, Kubiak's built a great offense and the defense, well, it's been terrible.

The 20th-place ranking is the second-best defense in the history of the franchise; they ranked 18th per defensive DVOA in 2004, when they forced the fourth-most interceptions per drive of anyone in football.

Yankee_In_TX
12-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I would like to see the strength of schedule (based on wins/losses) list as of week 14.

Bet it is MUCH different.

Texan4Ever
12-25-2010, 01:18 PM
The AFC and NFC West needs to be reshuffled along with the rest of the league. Its time the NFL makes things geographically correct (e.g. Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East, really?)

Its going to be sad when a sub-par team the Texans can beat will be in the playoffs...

steelbtexan
12-25-2010, 03:55 PM

I guess sometimes SOS does matter and sometimes things do turn out the way they appear on paper.

steelbtexan
12-25-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure if this blog piece by Texans Chick has been posted before. But I feel that it is worth posting again if it hasn't. It is an interview with Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders about their preseason 2010 prediction of the Texans' record (6 or less wins). This is a great read (take the time to CLICK ON THIS LINK (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/12/football_outsiders_explains_ev.html#more) to read the entire interview).

Thanks for posting this article. With this yrs SOS and the consistent suckitude of the Texans defense over the Kubiak yrs. A hard fall by the Texans wasn't that hard to predict.

I remember when that article was posted before. MB members said FO were a bunch of stat geeks who didn't know anything.

Well it appears they know more than alot of the so called geniuses in the Texans front office. Or a whole bunch of the members on this MB.

Wolf
12-26-2010, 07:41 AM
I can't wait for the Texans to BE the strength of schedule instead of them to worry about the SoS.(I.E. Like NE,Pitt,Balt)

Thorn
12-26-2010, 08:32 AM
I can't wait for the Texans to BE the strength of schedule instead of them to worry about the SoS.(I.E. Like NE,Pitt,Balt)

2008: Maybe next year

2009: Maybe next year

2010: Maybe next year

JB
12-26-2010, 08:36 AM

2010: Maybe next year

At least we're consistent...:bender:

Hervoyel
12-26-2010, 10:32 AM
This is important stuff though. It will factor into this years excuses heavily. We'll hear about our suspensions (Cushing, Brown), our injuries (Barwin, Ryans, Mario, Johnson), and our strength of schedule when McNair decides that this is just a bumpy little stretch of "the right track".

CloakNNNdagger
12-26-2010, 10:44 AM

2010: Maybe next DECADE

EDIT: Correction for reasons of more proper perspective.:kubepalm:

76Texan
12-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for posting this article. With this yrs SOS and the consistent suckitude of the Texans defense over the Kubiak yrs. A hard fall by the Texans wasn't that hard to predict.

I remember when that article was posted before. MB members said FO were a bunch of stat geeks who didn't know anything.

Well it appears they know more than alot of the so called geniuses in the Texans front office. Or a whole bunch of the members on this MB.

So they prediected that the Texans would win 6.9 games in 09; they were wrong.
So they predicted the Jags would win 6.8 games this year; they were wrong.