PDA

View Full Version : LA Jags/Bills?

Jackie Chiles
01-06-2010, 07:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/05/nfl.la.ap/index.html

I'll believe it when I see it but supposing one of these teams did move it could potentially alter our division a bit. If the Jags move I doubt anything changes but if Buffalo moves could we see a switch into the AFC South replacing Indy or Jacksonville? Indy in the East could be tempting for the NFL with their NE rivalry. It obviously weakens the AFC South drastically much to our chagrin no doubt.

Blazing Arrow
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought the Bills were moving to Toranto or something like that?

BattleRedToro
01-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I thought the Bills were moving to Toranto or something like that?

Is that anywhere near Toronto?

Kulluminatii
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
They are aiming for two teams, one by 2010 and the other by 2013/2014. So I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams move there eventually. The most likely one to move first would probably be the Jags.

Hervoyel
01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
There's something about L.A. running around shopping for other cities teams that I find distasteful. I find myself hoping they find a way to screw it up and end up without a team at all.

Two teams would be a travesty in my opinion as L.A. hasn't even proven that they will even support one.

Kulluminatii
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
The thing is, the NFL wants a team in L.A. no matter what. Their little experiment in Jacksonville failed hard, so a team will land in L.A.

Its not the fault of the stadium owners either for trying to take a team, they wanted an expansion franchise but were denied one (due to Goodell wanting to keep a 32-team league).

I also find it a bit unfair to say that people in L.A. don't deserve a franchise. They have been screwed over twice, so I don't blame them for feeling a bit alienated.

I do believe, however, that one team is enough for some time. I think it will work out well, seeing as the owner of the stadium wants to buy the team. Fans in L.A. will have at least some type of assurance that "their" team won't up and leave.