PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson may race Usain Bolt. Does he have a shot to win?

Wolf
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Since Usain Bolt burst onto the worldwide scene in the spring of 2008, no sprinter has been able to touch him. Now, the self-proclaimed "fastest man in the NFL" is going to try.

ESPN reports that NFL rushing champ Chris Johnson is in talks with the three-time gold medalist to run a charity race that will determine the world's fastest human. The camps are still discussing the distance of the race. Johnson wants a shorter sprint, which would theoretically favor him, and Bolt would prefer to keep things closer to 100 meters.

Short or long, it doesn't matter. Let me write this slowly so there's no confusion: Johnson. Doesn't. Have. A. Chance.

I don't want to hear about his fast 40 times at the combine or how Bolt is a notoriously slow starter or how if you sync up Bolt's blazing 100 from the Beijing Olympics, it looks like Johnson could hang with him for the first half of the race. Those facts are minor distractions obscuring the most important point of all: Usain Bolt is the fastest human being who has ever walked the Earth. Running a 4.24 at the combines and having the ability to outrun a safety for the Houston Texans doesn't mean Johnson can compete with that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chris-Johnson-may-race-Usain-Bolt-Does-he-have-;_ylt=AuZy5Qv8lnu78ytHn9rK0C85nYcB?urn=nfl,211662

LonerATO
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chris-Johnson-may-race-Usain-Bolt-Does-he-have-;_ylt=AuZy5Qv8lnu78ytHn9rK0C85nYcB?urn=nfl,211662

It was already reported today that Bolt is not going to race him at all and ESPN was told to remove any thing mentioning it on their site/channel

http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=385561.html

Carr Bombed
01-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Chris Johnson is fast, but he's not Usain Bolt fast. That guy would make Chris Johnson look slow....which is really saying something.

DiehardChris
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Chris Johnson is fast, but he's not Usain Bolt fast. That guy would make Chris Johnson look slow....which is really saying something.

Bolt will destroy him. Come on, he can't be serious.

rmartin65
01-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Bolt is on another level. I would like to see him run a 40, it would be insane.

Bulluck53
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
He wasn't talking about a 100m race... but I remember CJ saying something asking how much money he could raise one his twitter a while back when this al started. I hope they could do it and raise some cash for a good cause. It could be a better race than we all think if they would ever agree on a length.

DiehardChris
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Here's how the race would go.

The gun fires, both guys take off - and in the last third of the race, whoever is losing would pull up lame so they aren't "embarrassed" by the loss. Guaranteed it would go down like that.

edo783
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Bolt would smoke him in anything over 60 yards. Less than that, probably fairly competitive. CJ would need to spend a fair amount of time getting his start down, because you know Bolt has his nailed and it could be embarrassing for CJ if he couldn't get out of the blocks well. He probably ran out of blocks in college, but it's been awhile and this would be at a whole different level of competition.

Goatcheese
01-05-2010, 06:34 AM
CJ couldn't break 10 seconds in the 100. Bolt would smoke him by 5+ meters without even trying.

TimeKiller
01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
hahaha that's cute.

BigBull17
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah, CJ is VERY fast, but Bolt is that much faster than him. Unbelievable speed. CJ is faster than Rondo though.

Texan_Bill
01-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Here's how the race would go.

The gun fires, both guys take off - and in the last third of the race, whoever is losing would pull up lame so they aren't "embarrassed" by the loss. Guaranteed it would go down like that.

lol: Right! Good call.