PDA

View Full Version : Schaub gets extension

2slik4u
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Just saw on ESPN this morning that we excercised his option and signed him until 2013. I think thats a great move. Hes shown what he can do in a full 16 game season.

HOU-TEX
01-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Now go work with D-Ryans, Smith! Get'R done!!

SheTexan
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Don't forget Pollard!!!

HOU-TEX
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Now go work with D-Ryans, Smith! Get'R done!!

Don't forget Pollard!!!

Yeah! That too!

This is the beginning of Smith's "regular season". Get busy, brah!

Texan_Bill
Don't forget OD.

BigTimeTexanFan
He deserves it. Great season Matt!

Speedy
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
So I guess he is worth 2 #2's?

2slik4u
01-04-2010, 11:02 AM

I would say its definately debateable. The guy threw for 4700 yds, 29 TDs and threw for 300yds nine times this season. I think we found our franchise QB.

Norg
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I wonder if we are going to keep our same Backups

Dano

&
Rex

Blake
Obvious move. The Texans will have to look into protecting their investment again with oline help.

Ryans, Pollard, and OD need to be resigned as well.

mariowillshine15
Woke up and saw that. Great move he is definately worth what we gave up.

QB is the most important position in football and we have a great one.

disaacks3
01-04-2010, 11:18 AM
He certainly was for THIS season (if nothing else). I'd like to see one more FULL solid season from him, but he's looking good for now. He's definitely not "perfect", but we didn't give up #1's either.

Thorn
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
I wonder if we are going to keep our same Backups

Dano

&
Rex

DanO yes, Rexxy who knows? If possible, I'd keep Rex just because he's a decent backup and I'm not sure I completely trust DanO yet. Although, with another Texan training camp under his belt DanO might improve to a good backup. He's got the talent to do it. If he doesn't, then he's for sure been a waste of time and money.

jaayteetx
01-04-2010, 11:30 AM
He certainly was for THIS season (if nothing else). I'd like to see one more FULL solid season from him, but he's looking good for now. He's definitely not "perfect", but we didn't give up #1's either.

Well he pretty much picked up right where he left off last season after the Green Bay game, so I think we got us a keeper.

thunderkyss
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Just saw on ESPN this morning that we excercised his option and signed him until 2013. I think thats a great move. Hes shown what he can do in a full 16 game season.

I was thinking about that last night. Now, we've got to cross our fingers & hope he makes another 16 game.

That being the case, we need a RB that can take some of the load off the passing game.

Thorn
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I was thinking about that last night. Now, we've got to cross our fingers & hope he makes another 16 game.

That being the case, we need a RB that can take some of the load off the passing game.

Foster looked pretty good, but I still want us to take an RB in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. And for the record, I'm glad Foster did well, but he didn't play much this season and didn't get the pounding a RB will by playing the whole year. Counting on him for next year is very risky.

ChampionTexan
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Foster looked pretty good, but I still want us to take an RB in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. And for the record, I'm glad Foster did well, but he didn't play much this season and didn't get the pounding a RB will by playing the whole year. Counting on him for next year is very risky.

Agreed - a good RB corp next year would consist of a wiser/lighter/more sure handed Slaton, Foster, a 2nd day (Now defined as rounds 2-3) Rookie RB, and a project on the PS. Brown (Chris) can garbage-up some other teams message board next year, and while I don't have a big problem with Moats, I see no reason we can't upgrade at least a little bit from him.

I will add this, we were the #4 overall offense, #1 passing offense, and the #10 scoring offense this year. While I want to see us be able to get a yard or two on the ground when we need it, and eat some clock when we need it, I think we should continue to emphasize the pass over the run (whether Kubiak admits/likes it or not), so while I do want a more dynamic RB corps, and therefore a more dynamic running game, I don't think we should lose site of the fact that the two teams with fewer rushing yards than we had were the Colts and the Chargers - two teams who's success I wouldn't mind seeing us copy.