PDA

View Full Version : USA today trying to blame Pollard for Welker

pissknocker
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
This is crap! I hope this doesn't get remembered this way. Pollard had nothing to do with the Welker injury.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/01/texans-bernard-pollard-injured-patriots-wr-wes-welker-yelled-just-like-tom-brady/1

Texan_Bill
01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Anybody that saw the game could clearly see Welker hurt himself planting his foot, before the hit.

Khari
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
oh no they di'int!

Cjeremy635
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Did you read the article? I didn't get that they were blaming him for the injury. Maybe making a connection that he was involved in both plays, but not that he caused the Welker injury.

bigbrewster2000
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Nevermind

C Madd
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Did you read the article? I didn't get that they were blaming him for the injury. Maybe making a connection that he was involved in both plays, but not that he caused the Welker injury.

Same here. They just mention Pollard tackled him AFTER he injured his knee. Looks like they're just making a connection that he was there and involved, but I didn't get that they were blaming him for the Welker injury.

C Madd
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I would say that he got it from the Giant title blaming Pollard.

I don't see this, either. The title says that Pollard thought Welker yelled out in pain like Brady did.

V Man
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
And the first two comments about the article blast USA Today for the titile of the article.

4Texans
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Pollard only gets credit for the tackle. Welker's knee went out before Pollard touched him to down him.

El Tejano
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
The article even says that Welker hurt his knee after planting his left foot to make a cut.

ChampionTexan
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
oh no they di'int!

Exactly - they didn't in any way blame the injury on Pollard.

We (Texans fans) need to quit jousting at windmills!

gtexan02
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
The article even says that Welker hurt his knee after planting his left foot to make a cut.

Sounds to me like its saying Pollard injured Welker after he planted his knee awkardly to make a cut

Its a horribly written article and the title is totally inappropriate. It makes it sound like Pollard took joy in the screams like some sort of criminal

jaayteetx
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
It was a piss poor headline is all. Their attempt at getting the reader to read the article.

Cjeremy635
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Sounds to me like its saying Pollard injured Welker after he planted his knee awkardly to make a cut

Its a horribly written article and the title is totally inappropriate. It makes it sound like Pollard took joy in the screams like some sort of criminal

Really?
From article:
And on Sunday, Pollard tackled Wes Welker after the Patriots WR planted awkwardly and injured his left knee.

I agree it is poorly written and they're reaching for a connection, but they aren't blaming him.

SouthSideTexan
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm gonna blame Pollard because I got drunk and burned my hamburgers while tailgating yesterday. :drunk:

GlassHalfFull
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
:twocents:

Given the fact that most people don't read beyond the headline and the first sentence (if that) of an article, I do feel that USA Today is linking Pollard to Pats injuries in people's minds.

gtexan02
01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Really?
From article:

I agree it is poorly written and they're reaching for a connection, but they aren't blaming him.

Never been great at English, but it sounds to me like they are saying:

And on Sunday, Pollard tackled Wes Welker after the Patriots WR planted awkwardly and [he, as in Pollar] injured his left knee.

Pollard is the subject of the sentence, and the implied "He" seems to refer back to the subject (Pollard) to me

Cjeremy635
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Never been great at English, but it sounds to me like they are saying:

Pollard is the subject of the sentence, and the implied "He" seems to refer back to the subject (Pollard) to me

I think it's just a play on words. I took it as "HE" was referring to Welker. I'm not denying that they are reaching for a connection.

gtexan02
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I think it's just a play on words. I took it as "HE" was referring to Welker. I'm not denying that they are reaching for a connection.

I definitely see how it could go either way. Coupled with the headline though, I do think the article is misleading.

AT least theyve got that quote at the bottom to clarify things, if people read that far

Cjeremy635
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I definitely see how it could go either way. Coupled with the headline though, I do think the article is misleading.

AT least theyve got that quote at the bottom to clarify things, if people read that far

Yeah, I also kept hearing how he said that Welker cried just like Brady. I was like, "man, that's a pretty harsh thing for him to say", but then I read in the article what he actually says and it's not nearly as bad as I was making it out to be in my mind. It came across more as concern that cold hearted IMHO.

axman40
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I want no part of Pollard.
Randy Moss
:kitten: