PDA

View Full Version : Bob Mcnair seems extremely disappointed....

Texanballer
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I am happy with the 9-7 season and didnt expect the bengals to win. But Mcnair seemed like he was completely sold the Texans were in the playoffs based on what i am watching on inside the game on ABC. He was very happy in the post game locker room but right now he seems very upset as if certain people are still not safe job wise.

TexanFan23
01-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I am happy with the 9-7 season and didnt expect the bengals to win. But Mcnair seemed like he was completely sold the Texans were in the playoffs based on what i am watching on inside the game on ABC. He was very happy in the post game locker room but right now he seems very upset as if certain people are still not safe job wise.

I really doubt you'll see much change in the way of coaching for the Texans.

Mr. White
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm watching it and don't get that impression at all.

b0ng
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I really doubt you'll see much change in the way of coaching for the Texans.

I think some position coaches are getting cut this season. Chick Harris I'm looking at you.

brakos82
01-03-2010, 11:02 PM
And anybody whose name ends in "ris Brown", if the team doesn't cut you I will.

J_R
01-03-2010, 11:03 PM
He probably thought the Bengals wouldnt roll over - neither did I.

Mr. White
01-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I think some position coaches are getting cut this season. Chick Harris I'm looking at you.

I really hope Alex Gibbs goes out to pasture this offseason. The run game is his baby.

Lucky
01-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Neither did I. But, he didn't come off giddy, either. Which I appreciated.

Didn't care for the Rick Smith interview, suggesting that the Texans were starting to meet their goals (he's a "goal-oriented person"). You need to set your goals higher, Rick.

TexanFan23
01-03-2010, 11:16 PM

:D

Hopefully Smith will do the right thing and save you some jail time :D

mariowillshine15
01-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Didn't care for the Rick Smith interview, suggesting that the Texans were starting to meet their goals (he's a "goal-oriented person"). You need to set your goals higher, Rick.

If 9-7 is a goal then we have the wrong people making decisions.

Jackie Chiles
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM

We would need a new franchise LT if that was the case.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
We would need a new franchise LT if that was the case.

He said "ris Brown", not "uane Brown".

J_R
01-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Seems he got some low standards. I didnt see the piece you guys saw but Ch. 2 showed an interview and said "Well at least we arent/werent getting blown out in the games. We've been in every game except one". So winning doesnt matter, as long as we come close and arent getting blown out? Thats low imo

Jackie Chiles
01-03-2010, 11:33 PM
He said "ris Brown", not "uane Brown".

I just saw that, my mistake.

b0ng
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Seems he got some low standards. I didnt see the piece you guys saw but Ch. 2 showed an interview and said "Well at least we arent/werent getting blown out in the games. We've been in every game except one". So winning doesnt matter, as long as we come close and arent getting blown out? Thats low imo

It's lip service. He already declared Kubiak to be the coach this upcoming season so why belittle now?

Norg
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Baby steps people Baby steps

J_R
01-03-2010, 11:43 PM
It's lip service. He already declared Kubiak to be the coach this upcoming season so why belittle now?

Oh hell I dont know. You're probably right though. Lip service. Baby steps as Norg said and gotta have something to sell to the fans.

Norg
01-03-2010, 11:57 PM
we have to find a way to improve based on the games we lost ..Kinda like the NBA does

Manily the divison games and why we lost thoes games

JAX-Twice
Tenn
Indy- Twice

why did we lose thoes games ?????

-NOt good enough Guards
-Not having a goal line Running back
-Not having a clutch Kicker

and many other reasons

Call me crazy but i would not mind if we got a Badass KIcker in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this season

TexanSam
01-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I really hope Alex Gibbs goes out to pasture this offseason. The run game is his baby.

We had one very good year of running the ball and one very bad one under Gibbs. His track record is phenomenal. I doubt Kubiak and the Texans give up on him after this season considering what he's done in the past. Losing Pitts and Briesel certainly didn't help either.

DexmanC
01-04-2010, 12:02 AM
we have to find a way to improve based on the games we lost ..Kinda like the NBA does

Manily the divison games and why we lost thoes games

JAX-Twice
Tenn
Indy- Twice

why did we lose thoes games ?????

-NOt good enough Guards
-Not having a goal line Running back
-Not having a clutch Kicker

and many other reasons

Call me crazy but i would not mind if we got a Badass KIcker in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this season

There no huge-legged kickers like Janukowski in this year's draft. The
Raiders actually spent a high-round pick on that guy, and he's STILL
their kicker.

Norg
01-04-2010, 12:03 AM
There no huge-legged kickers like Janukowski in this year's draft. The
Raiders actually spent a high-round pick on that guy, and he's STILL
their kicker.

to bad maybe in F/A then

SheTexan
01-04-2010, 12:06 AM

Neither did I. He's good at dodging the media questions. If he had been jumping for joy you guys would have been ready to blast him to hell and back. The man can't win on this board.

houstonspartan
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Neither did I. He's good at dodging the media questions. If he had been jumping for joy you guys would have been ready to blast him to hell and back. The man can't win on this board.

Actually, I like Bob McNair, for the most part.

I agree, though, I watched him on 13 and I didn't get the impression that he was disappointed. Maybe he was a bit bummed because Cincy lost, but he seemed overall pleased with the team today.

Vinny
01-04-2010, 12:45 AM

Didn't care for the Rick Smith interview, suggesting that the Texans were starting to meet their goals (he's a "goal-oriented person"). You need to set your goals higher, Rick.no kidding. I thought the Rick Smith comments were especially weak.